July 2018 Moms

The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

Re: The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

• @celainev so happy for you! What a nerve racking experience! 

Slighly jelly of the twins wins but so amazing to hear about them. Loving all the pics!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lavillard, wow, flips and kicks, how exciting! Mine has been just chillin' both times (although once there was a wiggle that I missed).

@cegolden21, the heartbeat is magical, isn't it?

@celainev, what a relief!
  • @zombiehoohaa SO HAPPY for you!

@celianev wow, what a thing to go through. I'm so glad it all worked out!
  • Hooray @christycalifornia! It’s so important that everyone likes their medical team. And what a cute little bean! Will be curious to know if you’ll find out the sex. DH and I will be, but my screening is next week, so we may learn results after Christmas. 
  • cegolden21  We're due date twins!  

christycalifornia Thank you!! How exciting you may know the gender so soon!!! EEEK!!! "Hello little babeeeeeeee"

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Congratulations everyone!
    @christycalifornia I'm 3 days behind you! Finally December 11th seems close! Going in Monday at 8:30am. I know I have blood work for the genetic testing so we may know the gender before the end of the year if we elect to. Crazy! 
  • @kissableviv that's awesome! It's all becoming so much more real!
  • @christycalifornia  glad you had a great appointment.  Bean is looking great!!  Hope all of your testing/screening goes smoothly and comes back perfect :)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @celainev my goodness what an emotional roller coaster. So glad you saw your little babe! ❤️

@christycalifornia which way are you leaning? Do you think you’ll want to find out the sex? 

imageimage

• @lucky13mama THATS AMAZING!!! They're so cute!!!

@LadyJ2949 I'm leaning towards waiting, and DD wants to wait (although at 3.5 and never having done this before, I'm not positive she understands what I'm asking her about) but The Man is leaning towards finding out. We were both really excited to wait with our daughter, but nothing ended up like we thought it would and we have some baggage around waiting as a result, and he's feeling really excited to find out with this one. I told him if I'm just leaning and not firm in a week we can find out, since that's kind of how we do things in general: if something is really important to one of us and not the other we go with the strong desire. So we'll see. I think I'm just waffling because I'm afraid I'll feel like I'm losing something again if we find out, but trying to also think how silly that is, because baby news is always happy. Sorry for the really long answer, you probably weren't expecting an essay. :'D
  • That was 9 weeks and I'm 10w4d now. Already a squirmy one! They took a video of the babes moving.
  • That was 9 weeks and I'm 10w4d now. Already a squirmy one! They took a video of the babes moving.
  • @beckyl2018 try and stay optimistic! It definitely sounds like you ovulated late-especially with such a late BFP! And a great hb for 6+5
  • cochrabxcochrabx member
    edited December 2017
    @Sarafuss I’m due the 27th too!! I was thinking it was the 21st based on my last menstrual period but they confirmed the 27th at my appointment Wednesday!! So exciting 
  • Sounds like my situation have you been spotting alot? I am at 10 weeks, still  spotting had 129 FHB at 6.5 as well.
  • All ultrasound machines are different -- some far more advanced than others. As long as your doctor didn't have any concerns I don't know why you should! Best of luck. :)
  • @brianawilde was your an abdominal ultrasound? The clearer u/s you're seeing are usually transvaginal. It's near impossible to get a good clear abdominal u/s that early. 
  • Yes it was a TVUS.
  • @christycalifornia no that makes sense. DH and I are the same way. What do you mean baggage around waiting to find out? You obviously don’t have to answer that if it’s too personal. :)

imageimage

• edited December 2017
    @ladyj2949 No, it's fine. :) Just didn't want to clutter the thread with a potential overshare. My husband's mother died three weeks before our daughter was born. We were her only family, and my daughter was to be her first grandchild. She was admitted for what we thought was heart problems at the end of my second trimester, and it quickly spiraled into a literal episode of Grey's Anatomy. Season one, EP 6 specifically, but with more complications; it was completely surreal and an absolute nightmare. My third tri was spent in the hospital caring for her and my husband, and when she took a turn for the worse we paid to have an elective ultrasound to find out the sex and so she could see the baby before she died. She passed two days later. It wasn't how we expected to spend the last part of the pregnancy, and even though finding out felt like the right thing to do - and it was, it made her SO happy - it still felt sad because it was all wrapped up in an incredibly hard time in our lives, rather than being this seperate joyous event. So the idea of waiting is all kind of mixed up with the emotions we were going through at the time, and so we're vascilating between wanting to wait because we want a do-over, and wanting to find out because we want a clean slate. I know I'm overthinking it, but a lot of this pregnancy feels like a do-over from how badly things went last time. So that's the baggage. 
  • @christycalifornia oh my goodness. I can’t even imagine. I can see why it would be tough and sad even now. I can also understand why you would want to defer to your husband on this if it means a lot to him but also want to follow through on being surprised at birth under happy circumstances. How are you both holding up now that you’re pregnant again? 

imageimage

• edited December 2017
    @LadyJ2949 you're sweet to think to ask. <3 We're great! Really happy about it. As I said, it's kind of a do-over. He wasn't able to be the teammate he wanted to be for me last time, as we were both just focused on her, and the aftermath once our daughter was born was covered in his grief. This feels like a fresh start; we're hoping for no terminal illness this time :) and to be able to just focus on the pregnancy and our daughter and the baby, and to be present once the baby's here instead of dealing with all the fallout that comes with a parent dying. 
  • @christycalifornia I’m so happy for your fresh start. Here’s hoping you have the least stressful and most enjoyable pregnancy this time around. And that this time you get doted on and pampered like you should. :)

imageimage

• @christycalifornia wow that is a lot to deal with. Seems like you guys have a very strong partnership. I hope this time around things are a little easier on you guys!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @zombiehoohaa yay!! Due date twins is so exciting  :):)
  • @stlmegs You go through a lot of ups and downs and necessary growth being married 12 years. As long as you can grow together and not apart, there's going to be strength there. :) We do our best. ETA: And we also have an AMAZING therapist. :D
    I was just talking to a friend about this last night. So, so true!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @wildtot yay! So glad all lols good, and hey there due date twin!