Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/ TTA W/O 12/4

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is?

Re: Benched/ TTA W/O 12/4

• Thanks for starting this, @holly321

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Now in the testing phase due to 3 early losses.

How long do you think you'll be here? At least until January, if not longer.

How have things been going? Meh, I'm doing better than last week. I'm going for acupuncture in a couple of hours and I'm hoping that will help me. I really like the acupuncturist and I'm hoping she will be able to come up with a plan or something. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Rant: This weekend is the big 3-0 and I don't feel like celebrating at all. It doesn't help that people keep asking if I have anything big planned. Rave: This weekend I planned a cookie exchanged with a few of my friends and it should be a nice little get together.

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is? Probably my loyalty. 
  • Are you benched or TTA?  Benched 
    What brings you here?   Malignant molar pregnancy

How long do you think you'll be here?  About 5 more months.  I go back and forth between trying to see if I can shorten the time frame, and not sure I want to. The longer I wait the more my body can heal and strengthen from the chemo, but at the same time I don't want to.

How have things been going?
    Pretty good for the most part.  DH is still having a bit of a freak out.  He is afraid the cancer will come back, which I get, but honestly, if it came back, at that point I would probably choose a hysterectomy which lowers the chances of metastasis and often lowers the odds of needing chemo.   
    Any R/R/CS/Q?  I have complained on probably every thread I have been on the last 3 days that I am probably getting my period, but deep down I guess I see that is a good thing, since I stopped getting periods before we decided to TTC, and deep down, I worry that clomid is what caused this to happen, as much as medical research doesn't agree that could be the cause.

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is?  My memory.  I remember everything, except what I need to do.

@ChloandCoco, I hope all went well with acupuncture and I hope you came up with a plan.  I turned 30 earlier this year, I don't think it has sunk it, because when someone asks how old I am, I still start to say some random number in my 20s.   And a cookie exchange sounds fun, I have been to one, none of my friends bake, so I just have to bake and eat all the cookies myself 
  • Loading the player...

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched 

What brings you here? Waiting for surgery and Rubella booster shot 

How long do you think you'll be here?  Probably till feb/March ... realistically March  :/

How have things been going? Ehhh waiting for AF to show up so we can get this IVF thing out of the way. FINALLY got to schedule my surgery!! JAN 8TH!! #beatitseptum 

Any R/R/CS/Q?  HAHHHA YOUNGINS!! 30 was AWESOME for me! Seriously my early 30s were the best! 

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is? Gonna go with my ability to make people laugh in any situation! 
  • @ChloandCoco Definitely let me know how the acupuncture goes! I've always been curious about it.

Are you benched or TTA? I guess we are TTA. We aren't technically benched, but OB recommended waiting for AF to return and for a negative HPT. I am forcing myself to listen. 

What brings you here? We had a MC last week at 8 weeks.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully just until January. 

How have things been going? Every day gets easier. I'm feeling more hopeful than sad now. I can't wait for January to get here so we can try again!

Any R/R/CS/Q? So many questions I forgot to ask the OB, but Google has been somewhat helpful so I won't put those on you all. My rave is that my boss just left for the day which means that for the next 4 hours I will be watching Netflix at my desk. I have a couple small projects I need to get done, but they don't require much attention anyways. 

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is? My honesty, but it is also my worst attribute.
  • @acciocoffee I'm sorry for you loss, but it's good that you are feeling more hopeful than sad now. The acupuncture session went really well and I highly recommend it. The acupuncturist didn't want to do too much at this time because I'm going for bloodwork and and HSG test later this week. She also made it very clear that acupuncture is suppose to compliment what my OB wants to do. I'm going back in January once all my test results are in and she will come up with a plan.
  • @ChloandCoco Hope your test went well! It was a little uncomfortable for me but it was fast and tolerable. 

@acciocoffee I’m so sorry for your loss and I too and glad you’re feeling hopeful. It’s tough. I had a loss 19 years ago when I was 18 with an oops pregnancy. I figured it was sign that it wasn’t meant to be at that age. 
  • Are you benched or TTA? Benched for a good five months due to c-section. 

What brings you here? I’m hoping to meet some other ladies who are in a similar situation. I posted about it in the ttcal thread. 

How long do you think you'll be here? If I’m being realistic, 9 months. 

How have things been going? My follow up with my OB went well this week. I am relieved my uterine infection is cleared and things are returning to how they should (except for my boobs). I finally weaned my last pump this week too. My poor boobs look sad and deflated now. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? None right now. 

GTKY: What do you think your best attribute is? I am not sure, but lately people have been commenting on how much strength I have. Which is a really great compliment since I have struggled with anxiety and depression for years. 
  • @meatballs37 first i am so sorry you have to be here. I just lurked over in the TTCAL board.. I have no words, my heart is breaks for you and your family. You’re strength is for sure your best attribute, anyone who goes through that and is still optimistic and thinking about TTC again is for sure strong as hell in my book!! Keep on, keepin on! I’m glad your infection is clearing up, that’s great news! And sorry about  your boobs too.