August 2018 Moms

STM + Check-in Dec 6

How far along are you? 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise?

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme?

Formerly known as Kate08young
August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
Married: 7/22/14
Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

Re: STM + Check-in Dec 6

• How far along are you? 5w2d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Since we have 1 of each, I'm leaning towards team green, but I doubt that I could actually do it. I NEED to get the name settled in my mind. 

How old are your other kids?   L is 2.25 yo and E is 1 yo.

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Em has her first ENT app today. Hopefully we can get tubes in (if needed) before our deductible starts over. 
    Lachlan said 'luv you' for the first time today, and has a follow up with the speech ladies Friday. Maybe we can get his articulation fixed before too long. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? We go with our Scottish or Irish heritage. Otherwise its wide open.

• How far along are you? 3+5

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We will be finding out.

How old are your other kids? 19 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Just scheduled my first appointment and we will probably take DS with us since DH will be along, but I’m not sure about bringing him to other appointments. I guess for the quick ones it will be OK, but you never know when you’ll have an unplanned u/s or something. So I’m not sure if I should line up childcare every time or just take him with me and hope for the best. What is everyone else planning to do?

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Well, we have an Italian last name and DH is half Italian, so DS has an Italian first name. We have an Italian boy name picked out, but we aren’t sure on a middle name with that one. The girl name we have picked out isn’t Italian, but it does start with the same letter as our last name, so that’s cute.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    6w1d

We have one of each, our girl is older. I'm hoping for another boy since this baby and my ds will be so close in age, I'd love for them to be best buds. 

DD is 4, DS is 10m. 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-
    I'm currently just missing the good old days when I was a pregnant ftm and could nap or just lay on the couch and not be bothered when I felt like crap. 

Nope 

• @lalala2004 Last time I only brought L when H or my dad was there to watch him. The only appointment he went to was the AS, as we wanted to film telling him he got a little sister. My OB will do apps on Saturdays, or up until 5pm, so I will probably ask DC to watch them until after 7 those nights. 

• @princesslockness I imagine we’ll bring DS to the A/S, too, especially since DH will be at that one. Otherwise I guess I’ll have to have my mom watch him. Maybe leave work early some on days when she’s watching him to make it easier. I wish I could just tell her because I want to talk it out with her, but we are waiting until Christmas :tongue:
    *Siggy Warning*

• @princesslockness Fx for you at the ENT today! That first 'wuv you' melts your heart! So glad you got that today. When my DS needed physical therapy for delayed gross motor, I kept reminding myself that they do not develop linearly and they are all different. And, the early intervention in our state is free, and was so helpful!

@lalala2004
    Sorry I'm no help. I'll schedule appointments when DS is at daycare. 

How far along are you?
    5+6

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Green for sure. I'll never forget when DS was born, my partner said "It's a boy! We have a son!" I still get teary when I think of it. It was so special to hear him say it. 

How old are your other kids? DS will be 2 on December 30th. 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- My son is  such a picky eater and has about 7-10 things he eats. I want to push him to try more, but I also don't believe in forcing him to eat things he doesn't want to. We always put what we're eating on his plate and ask him to try it, but tell him he doesn't have to. Sometimes he freaks out about it even being on his plate. I don't want to start food battles but I also don't want him to just eat carbs and some dairy his whole life. (Cheerios and milk is his go-to dinner.) I know patience is key here, I just worry all the time about the right balance. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Hm, not really. We have an Irish last name, so we go with names that sound more Irish and are somewhat traditional. My DS is named after my paternal grandfather. If we have another son, he will probably be named after my maternal grandfather. Although, for a girl, we have a name (from last time) that isn't really family name, but we just like it!
  • @lalala2004 Is there a trusty teen that could do it for a few times before telling her?
    OR - could you maybe turn appointment days into 'date afternoons' and get away with it that way?

• @lalala2004 Is there a trusty teen that could do it for a few times before telling her?
    OR - could you maybe turn appointment days into 'date afternoons' and get away with it that way?
    Fortunately my first appointment isn’t until January 2nd, so she’ll know by then. I just like to think and plan ahead :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*

• How far along are you? 4w6

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We will find out this time for sure, with early blood testing. We were team green for 1-3 but with 3 boys... we both just really need to know ahead this time. With our 3rd we regretted not finding out (but 1-2 it was the BEST)

How old are your other kids? 6.5 (April), almost 5 (January bday) , 2.5 (June)

My oldest is perpetually a handful every age and stage. Currently it’s holiday excitement. I can’t wait for him to get a total handle on himself lol. 
    My toddler is soooo 2 lately. So much assholery. Not sharing (and trying to not let his brothers give in to his screams), crabbiness, etc. falalalala!

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? No. We struggled with #2 and both settled for eh. For number 3 we were fighting so much dh said I could pick the boy name but then he gets to pick a boy name for #4. Being pgal and since we will find out early anyhow, we haven’t discussed.

weve had a girl name for over 7 years. Middle are all family names but running out of male options. Boy or girl middle will be Lynn for my mom (luckily works for a boy too)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• How far along are you? 4w 2d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? I’d love to have another son, but am leaning a little more to team girl (just to have one of each)

How old are your other kids? 18 month old DS

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else) - It feels so different this time around. Last time, I was still processing the news at this point. This time, it’s taking everything I’ve got not to start inventoring DS’ old clothes/toys.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? At this point, I have no idea what LO 2’s name will be.
  • @proudparent2b DH is the same, already making a list of what we need. I’m satisfied with waiting until we know the sex to get much done! 
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 regarding taking LO to OB appts, we’re taking DS to the first one because daycare is closed that week.

My plan is to schedule all of my other appointments when I am at the first one, so that I can hopefully get in and out first thing. (My office is notorious for running super behind if you get an appointment after the 4th slot of the day.) Likewise, an early appointment might make visits with LO more tolerable, especially if your office typically has long delays as well.

Regarding planning- Yes, I’m trying not to go too crazy about lists and planning until after knowing gender. If I knew today, I’d probably start choosing a room theme already! I didn’t have any nesting instincts with DS... maybe I’m over making up for it now?
  • Oh I have already caved to the organizing/going crazy urge. I have a survey going with my co-workers to help narrow a name for a girl, I have washed and sorted all infant clothes we have, and am already stressing to figure out how to organize the new baby's stuff in the spare room. 

• For appointments, make sure kids are allowed in u/s - they aren’t always. 
    I hate to be the downer but I’d be very careful about bringing older kids to appointments... old enough to be aware if something bad happens. I say this as a loss mom yes but mostly because as a child I think I was 8 I went for a routine appt with my mom and there wasn’t a hb, she had a stillbirth. I actually don’t remember thatappt byt I was quite traumatized and affected by it (I believe I blocked it out). 

Anyhow. Just be cautious. Organizing child care is hard, but still. I wouldn’t personally bring a child to an u/s bc of that (even if you learn there are non life threatening complications, it could be confusing.). 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @pghctwife I agree, but I believe @Proudparents2b 's child is a toddler like @lalala2004 and mine are. So I don't believe any of us are in that boat this round. 

• @pghctwife I agree, but I believe @Proudparents2b 's child is a toddler like @lalala2004 and mine are. So I don't believe any of us are in that boat this round. 
    WSS, I totally get what you’re saying, though. I know they allow it at mine because I’ve seen other moms do it in the past, but that’s all good advice, @pghctwife

I’m hoping DS will understand somewhat at least right before this LO is born. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• How far along are you? 
    4 weeks today

We will definitely find out when we can.  No appointments scheduled yet though.

DD is 10 months

DD has a rash - I think it might be a reaction to antibiotic shots she received last week to clear an ear infection.  I'm so sick of spending all my time at the pediatrician's office!  

Oh, fun question!  We only have one so far, but I'm trying to do repeating consonant sounds with our names.  Our last name has a Z sound in it, so DD's name also has a Z sound in it.  Hoping to keep it up with the new baby, so looking forward to finding out the sex so we can get started with the name game!

@princesslockness DD has her first appointment with an ENT next Tuesday.  Sorry you are going through this too.  Keep us posted on what you find out!

@LC12261012 solidarity.  All I want to do is sit on the couch for a little bit and not have to chase anyone around.  
  • Def! I’m on the app so I can’t see sigs, and I haven’t learned everyone yet ;) still def confirm kids are allowed, my old practice didn’t regardless of age 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• How far along are you? 
    5w6d

We're finding out the sex.  We have two daughters but I need to find out because I'm too impatient. 

6 and 2.5 years old.

My oldest is already such a pre-teen.  I truly didn't think this level of attitude would start already and it's so frustrating.  Add in the terrible twos with my youngest and I have no idea how I'm going to get through this pregnancy with my sanity still intact.

We didn't have any particular naming style/theme with our first two but I tend to lean towards more classic names.  I'm not a fan of the trendy, Younique spelling that seems to be names these days.  

One rule I have is that we don't name our kids after any family members.  Just not a fan.

• How far along are you? 6 +6

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? we will find out, and I don't care if its a boy or a girl. I would love girls and boys at some point, but pretty sure this isn't our last and I'll settle for a kid with a healthy heart.

How old are your other kids? 2.5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- potty training. within the house, him going to the potty doesn't require bribes-he goes on his own. But that was without pants. With pants is a WHOLE other story, so now I am keeping his undies on and reminding him that he needs to go. We had so many accidents today when out of the house I'm out of underwear and have to go do a load after I take a breather so I have some for tomorrow.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Kind of. We always try and fit family in. DS has DH's grandpa's italian first name and a middle name that is a mix of our mom's names, DD's first name was nothing family but the middle name was my dad's name. This time around we have boy and girl names picked out already, both a boy or a girl will have two middle names, all family member's names or mixes. First names are not family related.

@lalala2004 for the short appointments I had DS come with me, but he never came to an ultrasound. If I had to get naked, was an ultrasound, or blood work, DH took off and watched him or he was at daycare, depending on the time of day. I will say, it was a bit of a pain after he graduated to a convertible car seat and I had to bring him in wtih nothing to strap him down, and he did lose his sh*t when I had to lay down to find the heart beat, so the midwife would sit him up on the table and let him "help." They are used to it and sometimes its unavoidable! 

@LC12261012 i hear you on the nap. I legit just fell asleep with my head on DS's head while he watched Umi Zoomi. The damn umi shake celebration song woke me up and now he's napping, lol.

• How far along are you? 4w6d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We are definitely finding out. We have two boys now, and we'll be totally fine having another boy I just can't wait that long.

How old are your other kids? DS1 is 4 and DS2 is 19 months.

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- My 4 year is becoming so fresh and starting to give more and more attitude lately. While my 19 month old is climbing anything and everything. These two are always on the go. I'm hoping regardless of gender that the third is a more laid back baby.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Not really we try to choose names that aren't as popular, but other than that no theme. The names both happen to be English, but we didn't plan that.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? I thiiiink I'm 5+2, but will know better next Friday at my first appt, hopefully!

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? I think we will find out--we only have one boy now, so after we have one of each, then maybe I'll go team surprise?

How old are your other kids? Noah is 10 months!

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I currently don't feel very connected to this pregnancy yet. It's really odd. I was SO into my pregnancy with DS from Day 1... maybe I'm just too preoccupied to think much about it?

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Trying to find another boy name that we like and isn't already the name of a family member or former student of mine is insanely difficult. But of course I have 500 girl names lined up! haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? I don't know exactly! Likely less than 4 weeks. 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We were Team Green the first time and will be this time again

How old are your other kids? Almost 21 months 

I just feel like I am already struggling to keep up with everything...work, housework, meals, errands, everything!!! I am worried about how it will be when I add another to the mix!

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? DS is named for two of his great grandfathers. If we have a girl we are giving her an Irish name and if we have a boy I want to give him my maiden name as his middle name. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5w4d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Probably finding out and we have a girl so I’d love a boy but obviously would be thrilled regardless  :) 

How old are your other kids? My daughter is 23m

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I miss being able to crash every day after work when I was pregnant with my first! Coming home and chasing a toddler is exhausting!  :# 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? No theme for the first one, so we’ll probably just go with another random name we like!
  • How far along are you? I'm guessing 4w2d 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We have a little boy, so my husband is hoping for a girl but I'm torn. I know we'll be happy with either.

How old are your other kids? 10m

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Didn't even think about asking if kids could be there for the ultrasound, so now I'm wondering about that. Honestly this pregnancy is such a surprise I'm still reeling. I only took the test because I felt off but totally expected it to be negative...

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? I'd like them to sound related but no theme.
  • How far along are you?  Technically 4w6d but I think I am more like 4W0d.

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise?  We were team green before and I really want to be team green again

How old are your other kids? 2 (DD)

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  We are potty training....

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme?  Oldish and classic, not super popular, but not uncommon...if that is a thing!
  • How far along are you? 5w4d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Maybe team surprise, I haven't decided yet.  All I ever wanted was a boy, which I have, so the next one it might be fun to keep a surprise!

How old are your other kids? 15 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Not a question so much, but I'm mainly concerned with how to keep such a young toddler entertained while I have a newborn.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? I would like for then to roll well together, that's it :smile:
  • How far along are you? 3w5d ...just found out today. 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Not sure yet, we've talked about it in the past if we want to be Team Green but, honestly, DH doesn't even know yet. 

How old are your other kids? Our son is 3. 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Terrified as I was at the beginning of my last pregnancy lol. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? Not sure yet. :) 
  • About bringing the kids to the appointments, and piggybacking on being cautious, I had a miscarriage this summer and my son was with me at the appointment that we found no heartbeat.  He was only 10 months though.  It was traumatic but my husband wasn't there and I was glad my son was.  I cried and nursed him which was kind of comforting.  I'll still bring him if I need to.
  • How far along are you? 6w2d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We were team green this first time and will be again. I debated whether to find out this time, but I really loved the whole experience of not knowing until he was born and would love to go through it that way again.

How old are your other kids? 18 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- We are going through a sleep regression and some hard teething right now. We have a consistent bedtime and routine, but he needs us to help him go to sleep and it is taking a LONG time these days. The other thing we are going through is dysphagia (aspiration when swallowing liquids). The treatment for that so far has been thickening his liquids and it is likely we will have to be doing that through spring, which seems like such a long time from now.

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? We have an Irish last name and picked out an Irish first name for DS, but our girl name was not Irish and I am open to other types of names. We are pretty picky with names and could only agree on one boy name the first time so I bet we will struggle with it again. Our girl name from last name is still a strong contender, but I'll keep researching other options before deciding for sure.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• How far along are you? 
    4+2

We would love a boy this time but would be happy either way

Our DD will be 2 in February

DD is hitting terrible two's early. Everything is an argument. She has become such a picky eater. Half way through a meal (that she was clearly enjoying) she will say she doesn't like it and ask for something else.

No theme.
  • Hi @jmcooke25 I feel like a recognise your name...makes sense I guess if you had a Feb '16 baby! My son was born the following month! I feel you on the eating issues. DS isn't really into eating much other than yogurt and mac and cheese these days :confounded:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’ve been trying and failing to catch up on this thread all day, I swear I’ll come back for tags.

How far along are you? 4 wks even

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? TBD but we’ll be finding out for sure

How old are your other kids?  DS C just turned 3 DSD A will be 16 in Jan DSS J is 19

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Potty training whoas. I’m also kind of at the what did I get myself into stage because C is so difficult some days. Then I see him cuddle his baby and bring it to me to be feed and I can’t wait to make it real. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? No theme here except we like Biblical or biblical inspired names.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• jmcooke25jmcooke25 member
    edited December 2017
    @ecwk it's so neat both of our kids will be so close in age! I was on the Feb 16 BMB and was fairly active on that. What is your EDD this time around? I feel like mine is living on yogurt too lol.
  • @jmcooke25 I don't know my EDD. I have irregular cycles and PCOS. I *think* I'm 14 DPO. My doc wants to schedule an u/s for after Christmas so I should get an EDD early January! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk that is so exciting that you get an ultrasound so soon! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!
  • How far along are you? 4ish weeks

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We definitely want to find out

How old are your other kids? DD will be 2 in January

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I'm also having big time picky eater woes. I wish Cheerios were magically super nutritious, then we'd be good to go. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? We definitely like our names to have meaning. Our first is after a Norse goddess, and we have been brainstorming other Norse gods/goddesses names for a while now, but can't quite settle on one yet. So we may go another route but want it to have meaning still. Finding out the sex will help narrow it all down!
  • How far along are you? almost 6 weeks

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? We will find out with harmony testing in January. I can't wait. 

DD - 12
    DD - 7
    DD - 3 (will be four in a couple weeks)

My oldest is on the verge of being a teen. It's painful. My youngest will just not commit to the potty 100%. She's stubborn. 

They all start with the same letter. All have a y in them, too. 
  • Sorry to P&G! Will try to tag later! 

How far along are you? 
    4 weeks 2 days 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? Team Finding Out! I have no preference in gender. DS was born at 34 weeks and spent three weeks in the NICU, so I’m just hoping for a healthy, fully-cooked little nugget. 

How old are your other kids? 3.5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Ugh, we are in full-on threenager stage over here! I had no issues with two, but once he hit three he just became so sassy and opinionated. Still a little picky at mealtime too; he’s been hanging around 31 LB for the last year or so. 

GTKY:  Do your baby names have a theme? No. Our last name is three syllables so I tend to gravitate towards shorter first names. DS is Finn. 
  • @lalala2004 hmm that’s a toughy. I’m so lucky DH can work from home most afternoons if need be so I can go while C naps. He’ll come to the first US and the anatomy scan though. I’m also lucky my retired parents are in town so C can easily go there. I don’t want the stress of juggling my kid while at an appointment.
    @proudparent2b I’ve already started looking at girly stuff. I love purple and pink pastels and if we have a girl the room will look so. I haven’t thought about it if it’s a boy yet. Maybe dinosaurs.
    @msmonalisavito  I hear you on the teen thing. Last year DSS was 14/15 and we had a really tough year with her and DS being 2 at the same time. There were days I just cried because I didn’t know what else to do. It does get somewhat better we are having a much better year with DSS. And I judge years by school not calendar lol. 
    @SmashJam have you tried pants with no undies? I haven’t out of the house because I’m not that brave lol but inside the house it worked. Now we’ve transitioned to undies and are good. With us we had naked down for so long but he would tread undies like a pull up when we transitioned to pants to undies after naked it took after couple days then we added undies no pants and when he had that after a few days undies and pants. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker