Infertility

November FET

1242526272830»

Re: November FET

• @coco305 I’m so sorry. I can only imagine what a scare that was. So glad the baby is fine though. Please don’t blame yourself because these things can happen no matter how careful you are. There is so much blood flow going there now and the cervix is so vascular which makes it bleed easily. I hope you have a relaxing week and no more bleeding. 
  • @coco305 sending you lots of love and good wishes.  That’s so scary.  I’m so glad everything looks ok and hope you are able to relax physically and mentally for a bit 
  • Loading the player...
  • @coco305 I am actually on bedrest all this week due to SCH (hopefully I am okay Monday). I have had huge clots and red bleeding about 7 or 8 times total. I think by the RE scanning after each bleeding scare actually made mine a lot worse. Heed my warning and take it easy... bedrest sucks! 
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited December 2017
    @Crystal321 I hope that you'd recover earlier than Monday. You'll be on my thoughts and prayers.
  • @coco305 I hope and pray everything is ok for you.  Rest and hope for the best.  Hopefully this was just a scare and everything will be okay.  No matter what though don’t blame yourself, I know easier said than done.  Thinking of you and hope today is ok. 

@crystal321 I didn’t know you were on bedrest!  What does SCH stand for?  I hope everything is okay and you get taken off on Monday.  I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers too. 

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @2MomsHoping it stands for subchorionic hemorrhaging. Basically the inside of my uterus is bruised and will start hemorrhaging blood :/ it was going on for about two weeks even with pelvic bedrest, so my doctor is making me stay in bed until it heals up
  • @coco305 Oh no! That is so scary! I hope you’re feeling better today. Definitely take it easy and don’t blame yourself! I’ve seen a bunch of people on these boards with sch and it’s not your fault. Lots and lots of hugs!

@crystal321 You, too?! I’m sorry to hear about your sch and bedrest. I hope you heal up quickly so you can get back on your feet—literally.  :D
  • Oh @Crystal321 I had no idea you were going through this. So sorry, it's very scary. I am heeding your warning and I am in bed. Basically just getting up for the bathroom. Thankfully I've only spotted since my RE visit. But I'm still traumatized from what happened initially. 

And thank you ladies for the encouragement. The dr never said it was an sch, that the placenta looked attached, there were no tears, but that clearly that's where I was bleeding from. I guess that is an sch??? I had literally just had my last appt with him Monday (where I cried and begged him to keep me all 9 months, cause I love him and his nurses that much) and when he saw me Thursday, he's like you can't get enough of me can you?? Lol 
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited December 2017
    @coco305 it's hard to say whether it is or isn't, on the US they will see a small pocket of sorts and that is the SCH. If your doctor didn't find one and point it out, it's probably just 1st tri bleeding (common when on high progesterone coupled with sex, wand probes, etc.) But still I would rest up!

ETA, and I know it's probably TMI, but straining from constipation most likely caused mine, lol
  • @crystal321 lol I'm having the opposite problem. I'm thankfully only spotting occasionally, but I am truly resting, it's the only way I'll get better. I have to go back Monday for bloodwork, since my progesterone dropped a little. And then Tues my first ob appt, as long as I am not bleeding. Have you gone to the ob yet? You're not too far behind me. 
  • @coco305 not yet. They won't release me until 12 weeks at the earliest I don't think. I am at 8 weeks, so it's close. I just hope this doesn't delay it
  • Hello. How's everyone doing? 

AFM, dr saw a 28mm (prob a chocolate cyst) on my left ovary and a 14mm follicle. I read that cysts are common during IVF cycles so I'm not that worried, but for 2 days now, that side where the cyst is, is quite sensitive to the touch and it bothers me a bit. I didn't have this feeling when I had a 7cm one on my right (already taken out last Jan). Oh, and I'd just like to add, it doesn't hurt when we BD, it is just uncomfortable when that side is pressed to the kitchen sink or when I slightly pull up my pants. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
  • @crystal312 thank you for the explanation, I hope you are doing well!

@coco305 I’ve been thinking about you and hope your bloodwork went well this morning. FX for good news. 

@tinjp78 I’ve had cysts after every one of my IVF cycles (well I don’t know for sure after this last one but it does feel like it).  Mine have always resolved on their own after a month or two max but I think chocolate cysts might be a different variety and may require removal.  I would check in with your doc to see if that type is likely to go away on its own or not. 

@BusinessWife it can be hard to get back on that horse especially when you know just how badly this process can kick you in the rear.  But be proud of yourself!  It takes a lot to jump right back into another cycle.  I think you are incredibly brave, and it’s ok if you’re not feeling the same way as the first time.  It’s natural to try to protect your heart.  FX for you. 

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• I had a busy week at work and an even busier weekend at home - I'm just catching up now.

@natehk - I'm so sorry. :( That is devastating. This is so unfair!

@2MomsHoping - how are you doing? You made me laugh a little bit with this: "I know it builds character but sometimes I think geeze how much character does one person need?" - haha. Enough with the character building, just get me pregnant!

@coco305 - That is terrifying. I am glad you are ok, I would be beside myself.

@Crystal321 - I hope you are ok too. I do not like all this bleeding!! That sounds horrible.

@tinjp78 - when I've had cysts, they've bothered me. But they usually resolve on their own - I've never had a chocolate cyst though, and I understand they are more serious. Do you have plans to have it checked out more?

@BusinessWife - I'm glad you are pressing forward. I second what @laurad75 said- you don't have to be enthusiastic for it to work. It sucks that you have to work so hard for it, but your baby will come! The one is sitting in a freezer right now, just waiting to be transferred!
  • Thank you ladies.  For now everything seems normal, I'm truly resting, and only really getting up to use the bathroom although today I did a little more since I actually had to shower and get dressed to go do bloodwork. ;) everything is good progesterone wise, I start tapering off on Saturday. 
    @tinjp78 I had residual cysts after ivf, but the chocolate cyst sounds much much bigger. Do you think that was giving you that stomach pain?? Def check it out and get it taken care of. 
    @BusinessWife I'm so happy you're on track to get a December FET. I know it's hard after such a blow, but I'm sprinkling all the sticky dust for you. Do you do natural or medicated FETs? 

How is everyone else doing & feeling? 
  • Thanks ladies ❤  that may be my mantra for this go-round - I don't have to be enthusiastic for it to WORK! lol

@coco305. Yes, it's medicated.  My clinic won't do unmedicated, I guess after all the trouble they went through for the embryos. :/  I take oral estrace and then add the pio five days prior until week 8, and then taper down to progesterone suppositories for weeks 9 and 10, if God willing, it works.
  • Thanks @BusinessWife @2MomsHoping @funkeykey @coco305 for responding to my question. Atm, I don't feel as much sensitivity on my left side as I did yesterday and the day before. I do hope that that cyst is dissolving. I don't want any more chocolate cyst. I'll definitely bring this matter up to my dr on my next appt this week, 12/14.   
  • @natehk - I'm so sorry. Sending you big hugs!!
  • @natehk. I am so sorry the second opinion was not more encouraging.  ((((Hugs))))  I hope you enjoy that quality time with your H
  • @natehk so sorry to hear that. I really hope that second doctor is wrong. Maybe when you get back you can consider getting a 3rd opinion as a tie breaker? Many people consider things impossible just because they have limited experience with it. For sure I would do some more research or get another opinion before giving up. I hope you have an awesome and relaxing weekend in Miami. 
  • @natehk Oh wow, I had no idea about the extent of everything you’ve gone through. I second the idea of getting a third opinion. Don’t let that second RE get you down. Your current RE is optimistic and there’s evidence that people with the same condition can carry to term, so all is not lost. Lots and lots of hugs! I know this cannot be easy to deal with. It’s so unfair how cancer can take even more than we thought, but I’ve got lots of hope for you.  <3<3<3
  • @natehk lots and lots of (((hugs))) to you. I'm sending you good and positive thoughts for the next step you and your H are going to take. Amidst all these struggles, I'm expecting your good news is going to come to you soon. You are brave and strong and I admire you for it. Have a great time in Miami. :smiley: