TWW Thursday 12/7

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Typical LP Length:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is your current favourite week-night (read: easy) dinner to make? Feel free to share the recipe!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW Thursday 12/7

• Month/Cycle: 9/14 (5ntnp)

CD/DPO: 29/6 or 7 

Typical LP Length: 12?

Timing: Really good

Testing: Sunday

R/R: Rant: Woke up at 5 this morning with wicked cramps so now I'm awake for the day. And I'm waffling between trying to fool myself they could be implantation cramps vs believing the more likely reality that AF is on her way and my LP is messed up. Rave: Have a staff lunch with one of our ex-staff that retired about a year ago but is in town visiting. Most of my team is ladies near retirement age (thus why I'm the one who was picked to move into the ED position) but I love them all as we've all been together since I started 9+ years ago - when this lady retired and we hired a new staff it was the first new person we've had since I came on. So it will be nice to catch up and actually see my co-workers in person since most of us work from home/in the community we don't see each other in person too often.

CS/Q: I normally have a pretty consistent 28-30 day cycle. Given I know from temps I O'd super late this cycle - day 22/23 depending if you believe FF or my interpretation - is it possible for my LP to vary that much from cycle to cycle (assuming AF actually does come in the next few days)? I'm assuming if it does that's a huge problem, especially since it would mean a super short LP this month. I thought it was one of those fairly consistent things? I will be googling this today but I know a lot of you ladies have tons of knowledge to wanted some feedback.

GTKY: This is totally a selfish GTKY as I need some inspiration - we are in a total food rut! I either make the same things or we get lay and order out.

Our current favourite week-night dinner is either "Korean" beef (I'm not sure what makes it Korean) which is ground beef with brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, chilis, s&p served over rice with green onions on top, or something in the crock-pot - our go-to there tends to be honey garlic chicken (equal parts honey, soy sauce, ketchup and then add garlic). Both are super boring but fairly tasty. We also do a fair amount of fish right now as my parents went on a deep sea fishing trip and brought back copious amounts of salmon, halibut, and ling cod and gave us a bunch - freshly caught (and then flash frozen) fish is so much more amazing than store fish!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I go here now!

Month/Cycle: 5/3
    CD/DPO: 21/1
    Typical LP Length: There is no typical!
    Timing: Prescribed by my doctor, so I'm thinking not too bad?
    Testing: On the 20th- the last night of Hanukkah!
    R/R: I'm also in a TWW for it to be winter break- I cannot wait to have a week off. DH invited people to come stay with us this weekend, which I'm not totally thrilled about since my tenure portfolio is due soon and I have tons of work to do. 
    CS/Q: None. My evening OPK was super super dark last night so I'm rarely confident I either O'd sometime in the evening or will today. Either way, I'm testing in two weeks (we're still gonna HIO a few more days, just to be sure)
    GTKY: Pasta with white beans, garlic and oil. The trick is browning the garlic in the oil. Then add cooked pasta and beans, some grated parm and black pepper and you're done in less than 20 minutes. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Loading the player...
  • Jumping over to TWW board for the first time!  This is when I start to go crazy…

Month/Cycle: 7/7 (3 ntnp)

CD/DPO: 20/1

Typical LP Length: Unsure… this is my first month confirming O with OPKs, if my cycle length stays the same (which it usually does) then LP will be 11 days.

Timing: -4, -3, -1 (I tried so hard to get one in on day 0… but DH was not having it).

Testing: I’m really hoping to resist the urge to test early…

R/R: Rave. It’s Thursday!  For some reason Thursdays are my favorite day of the week.  I think it started when I was a kid and new episodes of Friends would be aired on Thursdays lol. Thursdays are just one step closer to the weekend. No rants today, trying to stay positive.

CS/Q: Does anyone else’s husband have a low libido?  We could BD only once a month and DH would be completely satisfied.  Should I be concerned that this is a sign of infertility or hormone imbalance?

GTKY: What is your current favourite week-night (read: easy) dinner to make? Feel free to share the recipe! Lol… we don’t cook often (I’m terrible at it).  We’re trying to change this, especially since we’re ttc, so it’ll be good to see what everyone shares.  The one thing we do make often is spaghetti.  Instead of putting beef in the sauce we put chunks of pepperoni (not the thin pizza kind but the kind you can get at the deli). It’s so easy and hard to screw up lol.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @jsnakehole @LJMoon6 Hooray for more people in the TWW! This side seems to always be much quieter but I've been stalking the WTO and it seems like there are a number of ladies about to get to move here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @elothair It was my understanding that your LP is pretty consistent.  Maybe FF was wrong? Did you use OPKs this cycle? I noticed TWW seemed pretty quiet lol. Let change that!

@jsnakehole I had a question about OPKs. Do you O 12-24 hours after the first positive or after you no longer get a positive and your surge is over?

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• *lurking from WTO*
    @elothair The same thing happened to me our first cycle TTC. I have a pretty consistent 26-28 day cycle and usually O around day 13/14 with a 13 day LP. Due to stress, I didn't O until day 22 and my cycle lasted 34 days, which is the longest it's been in years. From everything I've read, your FP can end up being longer if O happens later, but your LP should remain the same length give or take a day or two, regardless of when O occurred. Your cycle just may end up being a little longer this month. That is awesome that you kept HIO and you still had great timing! FX for you  :) 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• elothairelothair member
    edited December 2017
    @LJMoon6 Yes - used OPKS, and I temp and chart so fairly confident on my O day. I still have 5 days left in my average LP so could be nothing as well - but of course I have to start SS as I get closer to test day! And I believe it's within 24 hours after a positive OPK that you typically O - for me it seems to usually be on the same day as getting the OPK.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 22/5

Typical LP Length: 13 average

Timing: Two thumbs up

Testing: Nope

R/R: Rave: I can finally see the reults from my ultrasound in my online chart. Rant: Nurse said everything was normal, which is basically true, but never mentioned that my uterus is tilted and I have a slight septum. I don't think I have the evergy to try to get in touch with the nurse right now. Maybe next week. 

CS/Q: None

GTKY: Favorite quick meal right now is probably cherry tomato pasta. Ingredients: Two pints cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, red pepper flakes (optional), whole wheat spaghetti, fresh basil, shredded parmesan. Preheat oven to 450. Throw two pints of cherry tomatoes, a few cloves of crushed garlic, olive oil, white wine or red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper into a bowl. Toss and place mixture on a large baking sheet. Roast tomato mixture in oven 10 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered. Stir midway through cooking. While tomatoes cook, boil water, cook pasta (I usually cook 1/2 a box) and chop basil into ribbons. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid, then drain pasta. Once tomatoes are blistered, pull them out of the oven and mix into pot of pasta. Add basil and cooking liquid as needed. Serve with shredded parmesan!
  • @elothair I’m sorry for cramps! From what I’ve read, your cycle varies, not your LP. So your cycle should be longer this time around. My cycle is very irregular, but my LP stays the same, so once I’ve O’d I can easily predict when AF is showing up. Hope this helps!

@jsnakehole welcome! 

@ljmoon6 welcome!

@jaylii yay for transparent record keeping. I’m sorry the nurse didn’t disclose everything. I think it’s a good idea to wait over the weekend and cool off a little before speaking to her. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 28/11

Typical LP Length: 12

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Testing: this morning, BFN

R/R: Rant: ugh I was for sure thinking I’d get at least a squinter at 11 DPO. I feel so weird and I’m SO sure that my SS is not just me being crazy :( I dreamt I got a BFP with my internet cheapies and was on my way to buy a FRER, when I woke up. *eye roll over own craziness* but, I guess such is the TWW life.

Rave: ***TMI*** had the best BD I’ve had in YEARS last night you guys! Like, what?! Another reason I was like “oh man something is different down there I must be KU!” Hah.

CS/Q: Nah. 

GTKY: I don’t cook, haha. My fave easy meal to make is my own recipe for chicken pesto. I melt cream cheese on the stove, stir in my favorite pesto, pour it over chicken breasts and cook in oven. Serve with salad :)

<3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • @LJMoon6 I don't usually ovulate on my own (I was on Clomid this cycle). But you're supposed to be ovulating within 12 to 36 hours of turning a positive OPK. Based on cramping and CM, I'll wager I O'd today/overnight. 

• Month/Cycle: 15/19

CD/DPO: 15/1

Typical LP Length: 13 days

Timing: -5, -2, O

Testing: Beta on the 20th

R/R: My pregnyl injection is making me nauseated and is making my GI system out of whack. Ugh.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is your current favourite week-night (read: easy) dinner to make? Feel free to share the recipe! I don't have one- I rarely repeat recipes, so I am always trying something new in the kitchen. 
  • @elothair I'm also happy for more people in TWW! From what I've read LP length is usually pretty consistent. If I O late, then my cycle is longer. I Oed late this cyle (day 17) and am expecting a 30 day cycle. 
    @jsnakehole I admire all you ladies who set a test date. I just can't anymore. I just try to wait for AF. Geez, I sound like such sunshine, but a few months ago I tested before work and it just made me feel terrible all day. 
    @LJMoon6 I've been using OPKs for a few months and find them helpful. Normally you ovulate 12-48 hours after you get a positive.  
    @leafyarch I like making soups like chili in the crockpot! I'm seeing that most everyone doesn't like to cook. I'm the opposite. 
  • *lurking from WTO*
    @elothair I've had several cycles where I start getting cramps 4 or 5 days before AF is due. They're not really bad cramps though, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I have my FX that it's a good sign for you (not to fuel your SS though...)
    @jsnakehole That meal sounds soooooo good. I have to try that!
    @jaylii What?! I can't believe she didn't mention that! Do you think she assumed you already were aware of that? I hope you can get in touch with the nurse/doctor and get it figured out.
    @kiwi2628 I'm so sorry you're feeling sick. :'( Can you veg out tonight in your jammies with a nice warm blanket? Hope you can find something to help you feel better.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @leafyarch @offtoneverland I've been doing some reading this morning and it seems like both a slight septum and titlted uterus are both things that shouldn't get in the way of TTC. I think that's why the nurse didn't mention them. Basically she thought they weren't significant and it doesn't seem like they are. I don't think I'm going to call her back. I've already been planning to make an appointment with the OB for January. I think it will be easier to discuss those things with her in person then. It's kinda complicated but my Dr. office is a mix of nurse midwives (they are nurse practitioners, master degree educated) and OB/GYN doctors. I have been seeing a midwife because I'm a holistic hippie. My appointment with the OB doctor will be my first time meeting her.
  • @elothair @jsnakehole Well I got my first positive OPK on Tuesday and then had some cramps on Wednesday.  I normally would of just thought I was bloated or having gas pains but because I was expecting O I’m thinking that’s maybe what it was… about 24 hours after my first positive OKP. But I was still getting positive OPKs all day Wednesday, so I wasn’t sure.

@jaylii I also have a tilted uterus (because of my scoliosis and/or genetics).  And all my Docs say it’s completely fine and will not cause any issues.  It’s also a genetic thing. So if you have a tilted uterus it’s likely your mother does too. 
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 Thanks for the info on tilted uterus! After a bad back injury in 2015, I have multiple herniated discs in my lower back.I underwent over a year of chiro and PT for it. Wonder if that is a factor? I was reading that a septum is also genetic. Guess I won the double genetic lottery. haha
  • @elothair I think LPs are supposed to be fairly consistent, but something could disrupt it I imagine. 
    @jsnakehole funny your tww lines up with winter break
    @LJMoon6 pepperoni sounds great in pasta
    @jaylii do you have an appt to go over the results, edit saw your post above, good it shouldn't affect TTC. Also that roasted cherry tomato recipe sounds divine.
    @leafyarch sorry about BFn, but awesome you got some good BD
    @kiwi2628 sorry about the pregnyl side effects, FX for your Beta

Month / Cycle: 1/1
    CD/DPO: 20/3
    Typical LP length: hopefully 14, looking like 9
    Timing: 0, -1, -3
    Testing: wfaf 
    R/R: recovering from having my wisdom teeth taken out. Was hoping to be babied by DH but he is only kinda coming through
    CS/Q: 
    GTKY: One pan breakfast for dinner. Sautéed chopped up sausages, whatever veggies we have, scrambled eggs, cheese. Add sour cream or salsa as needed. 

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited December 2017
    @elothair Crossing my fingers for you that those cramps are a good sign!  As for LP, it should not vary by more than a day.  Most likely, you will have a longer cycle than usual since you O'd later.  (That said, I have had an LP as short as 11 days and as long as 14, so I have seen a bit more variation than is commonly cited).
    @jsnakehole Yay for us moving to TWW!  How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms?  That pasta dish sounds yummy.
    @LJMoon6 Yes, Thursday is a good day because it is almost the weekend.  :)  MH doesn't have experience with low libido, but I have read that more frequent sex (not necessarily every day, but several times a week) is better for sperm quality.
    @jaylii Have you been in touch with your doctor about the results of the u/s?  It sounds as though the nurse wasn't too helpful. :/  Is there anything that your doctor recommends in regard to the tilted uterus and slight septum?  (That dish is a favorite here too)!
    @leafyarch  I'm sorry about the BFN.  Those kinds of dreams are so difficult to wake up from when you think you got a positive.  (Yay for the awesome bd though!)
    @kiwi2628  What does the pregnyl injection do?  Is it a trigger of sorts?  Sorry it is making you feel yucky.   (P.S.  I love to try new recipes too)!
    @offtoneverland re: the early cramping during tww, I seem to get that almost every cycle around 5dpo-7dpo. I guess it's just PMS arriving early.  It's really frustrating, because I immediately know I'm out before even having a chance to hope & test. :/  How's everything going over in WTO?
    @matryoshkadoll  I think we are CD/DPO buddies! ;)  Yes, eggs for dinner is always a good idea!

Month/Cycle: 8/7 (1 benched)

CD/DPO:  20/3  (I believe this is correct...I'm taking a month off from temping, so this is based on opks)

Typical LP Length: 14

Timing:  meh--could have been better

Testing:  no plans

R/R:  (Rave): MH and I have a Christmas party tonight.  I get to wear my new dress and shoes, so I am looking forward to dressing up and doing my hair/make-up.  (Rant): I always feel more anxious in the TWW. I usually get PMS symptoms early, so it's not very fun to be in TWW when you are WFAF.  I hope this month will be different, but given the last, six unsuccessful months, I am also trying to be realistic.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is your current favourite week-night (read: easy) dinner to make? Feel free to share the recipe!
    If it is a really easy dinner, I will grab a roasted chicken from the grocery store and then cook two sides (broccoli and sweet potatoes).  Pot roast is another easy option. I just prep the veggies and throw everything in together in the crockpot in the morning. 
  • @jaylii That pasta sounds amazing - I will be trying that this week!!
    @leafyarch Sorry for the BFN (and the mindf*** of SS) but woohoo for good BD!
    @kiwi2628 Hope you feel better!
    @offtoneverland Thanks! I'm hopeful my LP will stay the same as I don't want to add another barrier in for TTGP!
    @matryoshkadoll Wisdom teeth removal is the worst!! I hope you recover quickly and DH steps up!!
    @dukestar5 Yay!! I'm glad we're on the same board again and that there is more people in the TWW finally! It felt like a big group all left at once and there were only a few of us left - and then there's another big group that just came in. I am totally feeling you on the TWW anxiety - I was feeling so hopeful yesterday but with cramps today now I'm pretty sure AF will be coming - even though it shouldn't be for another 5-6 days but it seems like the PMS symptoms are kicking in (and I'm trying not to SS and assume they are not-pms related since they probably are) Have super fun at your party!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @dukestar5 yea, its a trigger. Was supposed to be a trigger for my egg retrieval, but that canceled that due to so few follicles, so we just did TI
  • @dukestar5 No new symptoms aside from some mild breast tenderness, but I'm so bloated that my afterschool boss (who is my mom's best friend) asked if I was KU. My evening OPK was lighter than yesterday's (I'm still pretty excited about how dark it was- darker than the control line... I may have actually messaged my cousin to tell her about it), so I'm thinking my surge was in the last 24 hours. DH and I HIO this morning, and the morning before, and are going to HIO a few more days, so I think we're good.

How are you feeling? Have fun at the Christmas party!

• @elothair. Yay! So happy to be on the thread together.  <3. I feel like I am often on the quiet thread. Hope it’s not me! Lol. 
    I am rooting for you hard! Hopefully it doesn’t mean that—especially if it’s a symptom you don’t usually have.  (It’s only a bad sign for me because it happens every cycle around that time).
    @jsnakehole. Oh man! I haven’t noticed any bloating thankfully. Just some random pressure.  I hope you have some comfy leggings. ;). And yes, my opks were darker this cycle too, so hopefully it is helping those little eggs get ready to ovulate.
    thank you! We are dressed up and headed there. 
  • @dukestar5 I looked back to last month and this was the exact DPO my cramps started then too so probably not a great sign :-/  Have fun!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @dukestar5 Enjoy the party tonight. Sounds like so much fun! I'm doing well in WTO. I'll be joining you here soon. I got a positive OPK and hopefully will have a temp rise tomorrow! Also it's definitely not you that causes quiet threads. I think it's just that all of our cycles seem to match so closely. Practically everyone on the WTO thread has had positive OPKs recently! TWW is about to get busy!
    @jsnakehole So sorry about the bloating but yay for getting good timing anyways! I never feel up to HIO when I'm bloated.  :/
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland honestly, it's not been too much fun. My poor husband has been trying to make it as fun as possible, but I feel like I misbehaved in Willy Wonka's factory.

• nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited December 2017
    Late to the party as usual...
    @elothair  Korean beef is one of my go-tos! So delicious and easy
    @jsnakehole  I’m with ya on TWW for winter break. I have 8 days of work left this year!!
    @jaylii  like others have mentioned I don’t think a tilted uterus is anything to cause concern. I have one and **TW it didn’t cause any issues getting pregnant with my DD end TW**
    @leafyarch  sorry for the BFN :( 
    @matryoshkadoll  hope your recovery goes well. I have a toothache today and it’s the worst! 
    @dukestar5  have fun at your party! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 19/7

Typical LP Length: 11/13

Timing: ok

Testing: not unless AF is late

R/R: meh, I’m tired. It’s been a long busy week at work and I had the flu yesterday. Feeling better today but still so exhausted. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is your current favourite week-night (read: easy) dinner to make? Feel free to share the recipe. I either do breakfast for dinner or homemade sloppy joes....ground beef and mix in ketchup, brown sugar, and some garlic salt. So easy and so delicious....and goes well with French fries  :p
  • @jsnakehole lol at that mental picture!  :D 
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Oooh, sloppy joes! I need to put those on the menu for next week! I've never done homemade ones though, I always use the seasoning packets or cans. I'll have to give that a try.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland my mom has used that recipe since I was little and now I’m a sloppy joe snob....can’t stand the packets or manwich can! 
  • re: Korean beef- when my cousin was TTGP and was on a board (not TB, I can't remember which one she was on), one of the other women wanted to do something romantic for her husband, so she said she was going to "make him that saucy beef." No explanation of what saucy beef is- I guess she assumed everyone would know. Still cracks us up when we talk about. Korean beef made me think of that (only Korean beef sounds yummy).

The same woman was concerned that if she got KU, her husband, who always had his hands down his pants, would touch the baby with his "dick hands". 

• @jsnakehole - that reminded me of my favorite trivia and why I don't like to shake strangers hands. Pass. 
    Just in case I put it the spoiler

• @galactickates we should buy this!

• @jsnakehole I saw that in a book store of all places!! lol I about died and ALMOST bought it!!! I try to do the "polite hello wave" it works 80% of the time 
  • @jsnakehole, my in-laws have that hand sanitizer in their guest bathroom. Along with the book “What’s Your Poo Telling You?” Very nicely arranged on a little stand with candles around them...Sometimes when I’m visiting the book disappears from the stand for a bit and I wonder who’s taken it to read! 
  • ***Lurking from WTO***

@Augusta108 - we have that book in our guest bath, too! I bought it for DH as a joke when we were dating b/c he was, shall we say, fecally fixated. apparently there's a calendar now, too.  :#

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015, well, there’s my Christmas gift for the in-laws!