July 2018 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • @zombiehoohaa I also had stage II papillary carcinoma! They found 6 nodules on my thyroid but so far I’ve kept my parathyroid. That’s crazy that you had it at 19! When they diagnosed me my endocrinologist told me I was the youngest patient he’d ever seen with it. I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with relapses though. Seriously, this stuff impacts SO much in your body and you just don’t realise it until you are having problems. I actually had severe hyperthyroidism which is what caused them to find the cancer to begin with. Now I have secondary hypothyroidism which is the worst BUT I am feeling much better than I did prior to having the thyroid removed. How old are you now, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited December 2017
    @lindsayleigh1989 isn’t that’s crazy?! That there are diseases (that are deadly) that completely disappeared (literally zero cases) because of vaccines and now are back because people have stopped vaccinating! And yeah, reactions happen and there’s no way to know you’ll get a reaction unless you have a vaccine but idk slight complications sounds a hell of a lot better than living in an iron lung for the rest of my life. Or something similar. 

Edited because the bump ALWAYS changes words on me... 
  • @hillbillywife exactly! also we have so many countries beggings for vaccines because of how awful the outbreaks are but havent had access to them but it is just so much "first world problems" thinking that some people think they know better than proven science and studies. 

yes the flu vaccine does not work 100 % of the time but they are 100's of strains and they can only do their best to identify which ones will oresent on a given year. i will always take the chance lf lessening the symptoms if not fully preventing it when seeing the awful effects of full blown influenza
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• *lurking* @BrittG13 @lindsayleigh1989 thank you for spreading the knowledge! Couldn't agree more. 
  • kmac103  OH MY!!! That's a lot to deal with! I had a nodule on the right side of my throat. Went to PP for pap smear and the doctor was more concerned with the nodule than with my pap! I didn't have insurance at the time, so I went to teaching clinics. I'll never forget the doctor telling me and my mom that I may want to look into medi-cal because this is going to get expensive. It has affected SO much of my life, physical, mental, emotional, etc.  I had gained 100 lbs in 1 year!! When I finally got insurance, my endo said they should have diagnosed me with Travelling Papillary Thyroid Cancer Stage II because is had spread to my chest. Just craziness! Secondary hyporthyroidism?!?! Holy moly! I'm so very glad you are okay and feeling better! It's not an easy thing to go through, at any age. I'm going to be 34 on Sunday. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @runsomewhere I 100% agree with you!!!  It drives me NUTS when people tell me they were induced early because "37 weeks is full term" and "my mom would be out of town for my due date".  Not kidding, that was my cousin.  I was late with both of my kids and, while not thrilled, I was perfectly fine with it because I knew they'd come out eventually.  Talk to me in about 7 months (LOL) but that's where I stand.  I'd be very happy if this one decided to come out 3 days early and be born in June so that I don't have to start my High Deductible all over again (it renews July 1).  

As far as vaccinations go, I'm pro-vax and I definitely get frustrated with the whole false vax-Autism connection. I know that people react differently to different vaccinations, particularly later in life, and I do believe some have a negative interaction based on what I've read and researched, but it is not necessarily by the vax but by their biochemical make up interacting with the vax.  If you are predisposed and have a family history of negative interaction, might be good to avoid some things.  But the basics are super important, IMHO.  

@kmac103 your story is crazy and I'm so sorry you've gone through so much!!!

That being said, I'm still not getting the flu vaccine.  At least not yet.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kpc914 Hey girl Hayyyyy! How are things going over in May?
  • coco2787 said:
    The guilt that would come from my kid dying from a preventable disease would far outweigh any guilt I would have over a vaccine injury.  
    My thoughts exactly! 
  • @christycalifornia things are good in May. We miss you though, hope everything is well with you. <3
  • @kcp914 I miss you all, too! Just saw the baby and on my way to get blood drawn for genetic testing. Baby's looking great, measuring right on time! I really love it when you pop in. :)
  • @christycalifornia that is very true! you can definitely be team green and be a great planner. I want to know because I am nosy and indecisive haha so names are really hard and when I only have to pick out one name (we family names we add in so that is more sex specific) 

• My UO, and I know this will be one: I DON'T GET IT when people say they have to find out the sex of their baby because they're a planner. I research the crap out of everything and plan my butt off. Last time I wasn't planning to find out the sex of my baby, and I still planned the crap out of my pregnancy, nursery, baby clothes, everything. It was actually a bit of an affront every time I'd hear "oh I could NEVER be team green, I'm too much of a planner! Hahaha." Um, what part of this pregnancy do you think I'm not planning for?? I feel like what people are really saying is that having themes/colors/clothes that fit traditional gender types matters to them. Which is fine! We tend toward gender neutrality in our house so it doesn't really matter to us, but to each their own. If that's the case, then why can't people just say: I want to know if it's a boy or girl so I can pick out flowers vs. trucks, or narrow down names more easily. But don't say it's because of planning. The baby's sex has nothing to do with planning. 
    I find out because it's easier to prep my autistic son with a name. Less of a shock to a very literal thinker.
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Those are great reasons to find out! Just to be clear: I think finding out is great. We're leaning towards finding out this time ourselves. There are so many awesome reasons to find out, including that you just wanna know! It's only when people say they're finding out because they're a planner that it gets under my skin, mostly because it implies that people who don't find out don't plan. 
  • @linsdayleigh1989 names are a big part of why we're thinking we may choose to find out. We had SUCH a hard time with boy names last time, and I think we only ended up narrowing down the girl names because we had a hard deadline. We're thinking we may save ourselves half a headache with names if we just find out. Although part of me is convinced we had a hard time with boy names because we didn't need one. ;)
  • @christycalifornia I completely got what you were saying and definitely agree thats annoying 

• @christycalifornia I couldn't agree more!! I am a crazy planner and am always researching and planning and maybe even over-doing it. I was also team green for #1 and will be again.

*TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @christycalifornia I'm Team Green all the way and have been with the others. It's a surprise no matter when you find out, but for me, it's definitely a motivator for pushing! I also love everyone's theories and guesses. This is literally one of the only things we have no control over (unless IVF) so I like to take the surprise all the way thru. But yes, I plan the shit out of everything else in the process :)
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @christycalifornia that made me lol because my last pregnancy I told people I want to find out  so I can shop and I don't want a bunch of gender neutral stuff. 

This time I kind of wanted to be team green but hubby really wants to find out, since I don't feel strongly about being team green I agreed to finding out as soon as we can. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My UO, and I know this will be one: I DON'T GET IT when people say they have to find out the sex of their baby because they're a planner. I research the crap out of everything and plan my butt off. Last time I wasn't planning to find out the sex of my baby, and I still planned the crap out of my pregnancy, nursery, baby clothes, everything. It was actually a bit of an affront every time I'd hear "oh I could NEVER be team green, I'm too much of a planner! Hahaha." Um, what part of this pregnancy do you think I'm not planning for?? I feel like what people are really saying is that having themes/colors/clothes that fit traditional gender types matters to them. Which is fine! We tend toward gender neutrality in our house so it doesn't really matter to us, but to each their own. If that's the case, then why can't people just say: I want to know if it's a boy or girl so I can pick out flowers vs. trucks, or narrow down names more easily. But don't say it's because of planning. The baby's sex has nothing to do with planning. 
    For me, I think I would mourn the loss (a little - nothing major) of whichever sex I didn't end up with. So if I was imagining myself with either or a boy or a girl, once I gave birth to the boy, I would be a little sad that I didn't get to have a girl. So I think I need to be mentally prepared and imagine myself in a situation before entering it. So I do get why people say that. :smile:
  • @devilcat139 I do the same thing  :D. Books, shows, movies, everything lol. I guess I don't like surprises. 
  • @gspmom21 I'm against feeding my dog table food but I 10000% use him as a living vacuum machine when it comes to picking up DS's messes. 
    THIS

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I also look up spoilers. I still get thrill watching how the ending happens. But yeah, in books I skip ahead to the end too.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • My work has a generous vacation policy and provides WFH flexibility as needed, so long as folks request it and are effective.
    So, it drives me absolutely crazy when people take every single allotted vacation day, and then have the nerve to ‘have a family thing’ every single week where they ‘need’ to leave 2-3 hours early or arrive 2-3 hours late... and don’t acknowledge they’re gaming the system or offer to make it up.
    i know this sounds petty... but it kills me!
  • @pretzellover that would annoy me too! 

• I hate peeing in cups. Like I literally hate it. I don’t know wtf is wrong with me but I always seem to pee more outside the cup or on my hand (ew tmi!) 
    Seriously is there a secret to getting all the pee in the cup? 
  • I like traditional girl or boy decor rather than neutral, and I wanted to have my nursery painted and decorated for my first. For this one, it will depend on if it's a boy or girl to figure out if they will share a room or have separate rooms. So yeah, I would say I need to plan for that by finding out the sex so I am not scrambling later when I have new mom exhaustion. That isn't to say team green doesn't plan! It's just saying I prefer different nursery themes. I couldn't imagine anyone implying team green doesn't plan... if anything, it requires almost double the planning imo
  • @runsomewhere omg the castor oil sh**. It's so ridiculous. 
    @wildtot I don't like Beyonce either!!
    @ everyone, I can't with anti vaxxers either. Although I do admit I'm not getting the flu shot and I don't believe in it. Lol, here's my UO.

Another one. The Facebook businesses. I'm going to call them that and not naming names. But please stop trying to sell me stuff I don't need, spamming my news feed with cookie cutter marketing posts, telling me I'm pretty much an idiot for having a master's degree and trying to work on my career when I could just work from home and be with my baby all the time and make 6 figures while LITERALLY WORKING FROM MY PHONE!!! EEEEEK!

OMG I just can't.
  • I don't think hating MLMs is an UO at all. I haaaaaate them and tbh I can't believe people buy that crap.