August 2018 Moms

UO Thursday 12/7

Let's hear those unpopular opinions, ladies! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO Thursday 12/7

• I just went outside at its 37 degrees so short sleeves were a bad choice but I was reminded of how I hate hot weather and cold days are where it's at! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk that’s not an UO to me, I love the cold weather! As long as it’s dry....

My UO is I don’t like it when babies wear pajamas in public. I get why parents do it. It’s warm and an easy one piece outfit. I just think it makes the baby look lazy :lol: I know that’s silly! I just always dressed my son. I wouldn’t wear pajamas in public, so neither will he! (I mean, unless it’s a pajama party and it’s expected!)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @lalala2004 You're in TX, right? Do you get many cold days where you are? Agree about the PJs, I would leave DS in his if I was just running to the Dunkin' Drive Thru or something but if we are out and about, it's clothes! 

@msmonalisavito Yeah, that makes me cringe a wee bit too!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lalala2004
    As someone who's never had a baby, I'm not entirely convinced that I could tell the difference between "pajamas" and a "onsie". :) 

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I know. I get it. It’s a semantics thing that bugs me mostly. It’s more the ppl saying ‘wth I’m already showing at only 6w! Im
    not gonna be able to hide it!’ And the finger wagging bc of how it’s said. 

I n my first three preg I took pics starting early and things did start to change a little bit early early. And everyone’s body reacts differently to pregnancy. This time it’s number 6 for me and I’m afraid at 5 weeks it’s getting hard to hide bwahaha. The depression weight I gained doesn’t help lol.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• edited December 2017
    @lalala2004 I let the kids pick their clothes most days, and footie jammies is 90% of what they pick. I only offer weather appropriate clothes, but in Idaho Fleece is pretty acceptable from about Oct-April. No shame.

@msmonalisavito I agree. I understand that dad is trying to get involved and helpful/excited, but dude your body doesn't change and you don't get the hormones, back off. 

@pghctwife I am one of the 'bump pic nazis'. If you want to take a picture of your bloat/burrito, go ahead, just don't post it and caption it so reads like you think its baby. I know in written word its hard to understand tone and sarcasm/joking so I always assume the worst. Hence why I jump all over what appears to be serious misinformation.  

AFM: I wish 'public shaming' was more accepted at schools. Meaning: I have several students who don't care if we go into the hall t o call mom/dad and explain the issues, but if I make them do it in front of the class they will do anything to stop it. Alas, I am no longer allowed to actually have them call home in front of the class. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    pghctwife said:
    Oh I know. I get it. It’s a semantics thing that bugs me mostly. It’s more the ppl saying ‘wth I’m already showing at only 6w! Im
    not gonna be able to hide it!’ And the finger wagging bc of how it’s said. 

I n my first three preg I took pics starting early and things did start to change a little bit early early. And everyone’s body reacts differently to pregnancy. This time it’s number 6 for me and I’m afraid at 5 weeks it’s getting hard to hide bwahaha. The depression weight I gained doesn’t help lol.
    Well, most people get bloating with PMS, but they don’t say their PMS is showing. Bloat is bloat. I agree it’s semantics, but I happen to think semantics are important ;)
    *Siggy Warning*

• I guess. I’ve never needed maternity pants from my period but I guess everyone’s different. 

I agree words matter; just disagree that saying ‘geez I’m already shpwing’ Means ‘my uterus has risen above my pubic bone.’ Obviously it’s an UO lol. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @lalala2004 I completely agree! Pajama day at daycare is the only exception!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Skittles are better than Starbursts.

Chocolate is king of all the candy.

• @msmonalisavito
    Wait...people would disagree with this?? Actually though, it does depend on what type of chocolate you are talking about...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk I wholeheartedly disagree with @msmonalisavito Starburst every day, all day. 
    Also, chocolate is ok if it is to cover caramel or nuts, or both. Otherwise its gross.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @mrsinterweb Preach, girl.  I'm so glad DD is too young to understand what it is right now, and I sincerely hope it dies off before she's old enough to ask why we don't have it!
  • @mrsinterweb I’m with you!!! I’m a Christmas FREAK for real but the elf wasn’t a thing when I was a kid, and I’m more into putting effort into stuff that speaks to me. I do a tonnnnn of other stuff so, whatever. I opted out from the jump. Mil tried to give up one when our oldest was a baby and we were all “NOOOOOOO!!!!!!” I stick to the Santa Claus is watching for behavior threats hehe. 

My oldest is 6.5 now and it hasn’t been an issue yet.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @mrsinterweb
    Yes!!! MIL bought us one last year (DS was 9 mo at the time) and I didn't use it and I don't intend to even though she keeps mentioning it. Maybe will pass it along to my SILs and see if they're interested!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pghctwife that's good to hear that you opted out and it hasn't been an issue! I feel like there's so much pressure on parents these days and it's good to hear that the kids won't be bothered if we don't do it. I'd much rather create our own traditions that can also easily fit into our lifestyle. :)

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• @princesslockness Oh for sure, my chocolate needs something to it. Dairy Milk Caramel is my all time favourite. *drool* 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Elf on the Shelf is the creepiest thing ever. I’m not even a big Santa fan, but that’s unavoidable. DH wants to write a horror story about Elf on the Shelf :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*

• @mrsinterweb  yep! My friend is doing it this year and every other day on FB is a humblebrag about how clever and funny they are with this elf. My sister is doing it this year, too. I hope we don't do it, but what if the elf becomes as ubiquitous as Santa and we basically have to?! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I guess another UO I have is that I like Elf on the Shelf.  It just adds another area of excitement for my kids and it's fun to see how excited they are to find their elf every morning.

However, we just move him around the house. I don't do anything fancy and we don't take pictures of it.  Some may have the extra time for that but not this gal.

• Is there a difference between pajamas and athleisure? Because I am definitely guilty of living in athleisure when not at work (including grocery shopping and similar errands). 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Is there a difference between pajamas and athleisure? Because I am definitely guilty of living in athleisure when not at work (including grocery shopping and similar errands). 
    Yeah, I don’t judge yoga pants!
    *Siggy Warning*

• legallykatelegallykate member
    edited December 2017
    @lalala2004 Here in Austin it is weird to see women out and about not wearing yoga pants  :D

edited b/c pregnancy brain
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• edited December 2017
    @legallykate I personally only wear athleisure when I headed to the gym. That said I don't judge it even close to PJ's. Also do you guys remember the velvor track suit days. Maybe most of you are to young but when I was in HS those things were amazing
    edit:to add funny
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• My son was born in December and he we just dressed him in the warmest thing. Socks are a joke with newborns, so footie onesies we’re our goto. He wasn’t almost always covered with the bundleme in the car seat anyway. @derbysquirrel I don’t think I can tell the difference between footed onsies and PJs for a newborn, and I am a mom! Lol!
    @msmonalisavito We do the same thing with elf on a shelf. Although I swore I’d never do it, my cousin gifted us one. And my son goes crazy for it every morning. I think the magic of Christmas is so short so I want to maximize it. And we just put it on a different shelf or picture frame every morning so it’s not a big commitment. Watching him look for it and find it is so cute. He’s not a tattling elf either, we just tell him that he’s here to spread Christmas cheer!
  • legallykatelegallykate member
    edited December 2017
    @legallykate I personally only wear athleisure when I headed to the gym. That said I don't judge it even close to PJ's. Also do you guys remember the velvor track suit days. Maybe most of you are to young but when I was in HS those things were amazing
    edit:to add funny

I can't escape the quote box now but that was my college "uniform" - I am evidently an old  :D

*words
    *TTC History*

• @westphilly same! We just tell them he's here to celebrate the holidays.

• @legallykate we’re probably close to same age bc they were probably closer to senior year and I remember wearing my Aeropostale ones after nursing school

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat I guess I'm super old - I had A LOT of velour track suits in high school. My fave was this pink and black puma one. I was so hip.
  • I was def way past HS when the velour was in. I think?? Early to mid 2000s right? Hs was grunge baby! 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Really old person here because I remember wearing the velour tracksuits AFTER college! I would actually not complain if those came back in style. So comfy!

Also...totally makes me think of mean girls

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• @juliebird6 HAHA if you worn in HS you're younger than I LOL. I so didn't mean that comment in any offensive way at all. I was more laughing at myself because I generally feel i'm older than most people I meet in the TTC world. And in DS's BMB I am nearly 15yr older than more that 3/4 of them

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat ....pregnancy brain rears its ugly head! *facepalm* Also, that mean girls gif is life. So perfect. 
  • @mrsinterweb what year were they in? I never really wore them so I don’t remember... but I think it was post college for me too??? 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @pghctwife I wanna say like 2003? I remember I bought one toward the end of its popularity and only wore it around the house, but it was comfy!

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18