November 2017 Moms

What Are You Wearing Postpartum?

since the board seems a little quiet, i thought i'd ask a question i'm curious about!

what are folks wearing now postpartum?  i had so much glee thinking that i could soon return to my regular clothes, but as i'm nearing the end of my pregnancy i've realized that they do not appear to be very breast feeding friendly and i don't see myself fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans anytime soon.

curious what moms are wearing? 

<3

Re: What Are You Wearing Postpartum?

• Pajamas when I'm home and still wearing my maternity clothes if I have to go somewhere. I tried to put on the biggest pair of shorts I own and there's no way I'm getting into them anytime soon. 
  • Regular clothes won't fit most postpartum mommas. As one thread stated, the topography has shifted. I wore my maternity jeans for a week or two but they wouldn't stay up, found 2 pairs of prepregnancy jeans that worked. 
    At home it's sweat pants, a nursing tank and a hoodie. Now it's leggings to go out and a shirt over the nursing tank.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Nursing tanks and maternity leggings for the most part. If I’m at home right now it’s a robe over my hands free bra because I’m sick of changing every 3 hours  but need to cover up until my in laws leave 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Sweatpants and nursing tanks mostly. I still fit in one of my smaller maternity jeans and can fit in my pre-pregnancy shirts now. Only 12 days postpartum and haven't really gone anywhere though other than the store briefly. 
  • At home I’m wearing nursing gowns/pajama pants and t-shirts along with a nursing bra. I ordered a bunch of nursing tops for going out. I’m 12 days postpartum and don’t fit any of my pre-pregnancy pants so I’ve been wearing my maternity jeans whenever we go out in public, but they fall down. I have a pair of jeans that are one size larger than my pre-pregnancy size and I keep trying them on hoping they’ll fit, but no luck yet. I really want to order some jeans that fit, but there’s just no point right now while I’m still shrinking.

My feet were so swollen at the end of my pregnancy so shoes were a big issue. It’s taken until now for my feet to get back to normal. Thank goodness, because I need to wear some weather appropriate shoes rather than the crocs ballet flats I wore every day for a month!
  • At home I am in pj's  or sweatpants and a zip up sweater( easy to breastfeed in). When I go out maternity jeans ( the pair that still kinda fit) or I found a pair of pre pragnancy jeans at the back of my closet that fit, and a maternity top as they are loose and easy to bf in. 
  • Same as above - at home, pjs and sweats on bottom, overnight nursing bras and nursing tanks or maternity tshirts on top along with a zip up hoodie or something similar. Going out - leggings and nursing tops or a maternity tank and sweater over it. I haven't even tried on any of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Don't think they'd fit yet and don't want the waistband rubbing on my incision site. I'm 6 weeks pp.
  • Yoga pants and nursing tops! I need to get some more nursing bras now that my milk has come in.
  • I’m back into 2 pairs of my pre-pregnancy jeans. I’m feeling very fortunate - my SILs gave me a bunch of nursing tops. Most days I wear jeans, a nursing top, and a sweater. I’m getting really frustrated with the sweaters, which are not nursing tops per se but are ponchos or a-line tunics, but it is cold enough here I cannot get away with just the l/s nursing top. 

I bought a few new nursing tops to wear to work when I go back in January. I’ve realized my usual work uniform (dresses) is not pumping friendly, so skirts and pants with nursing tops will have to work. 

FWIW- I ordered cotton jersey nursing tops from Old Navy during its cyber week sale- the variety with the top loose panel that lifts up rather than a V-Neck that pulls down. The cotton is really soft! I wore one last week to a meeting and loved it, and nursing in it was a breeze. 
  • Like everyone else I am wearing yoga pants, nursing bras, pajamas, and night gowns
  • seems like yoga pants, nursing bras and pajamas dominate the favs!
    anyone wanna be more specific about any fav nursing tops or bras that they've bought?  i got a few tops off old navy which seem like they are way too tight - sizing seems really hard to pin down. 

• @whatwillanndo I got some nursing tops from motherhood maternity because I had a coupon.  They are pretty basic and boring and sizing was in line with the maternity stuff i bought there.  I did get a hoodie from there that I love but it hasnt been cold enough to wear it.   My nursing tanks came from Target and I really like them.  I'm not in love with my nursing bras but dont want to spend more money especially since money is so tight for me right now.  
  • Nursing tanks and bread from target. I think Mandela is one brand. I have a padded nursing bra which isn't good for nursing is you're going to need pads for leaking. 
  • I ordered these nursing tanks from amazon and they are super comfortable 

Caramel Cantina 3 Pack Women's Nursing Cami Built In Bra (Large, Black/Wh/Char) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JVNBJG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Also not a “ nursing top” but would work well for it 

2LUV Women's Long Sleeve Criss Cross Drape Front Top Dark Green L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG5XD5G?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• At home, I usually wear nursing pajamas, leggings, sweat pants, oversized tops, and nursing bras. For outings, I wear leggings, nursing bras and oversized shirts / sweaters. My favorite nursing bras are from Amazon. They're called Hofish Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras. They come with bra extenders and clips. 
  • I wearing a lot of yoga pants with a nursing tank then a cute sweater or large cardigan over it. I'm excited to just be able to wear my plain tshirts again without my belly sticking out! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nursing bra sometimes, but this is better for pumping: Womens Hands Free Pumping Bra for Breastfeeding Nursing Versatile Adjustable Strap (L(Suitable for L/XL/XXL), Black(2PACK)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076J6XQW7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ISxkAbFYACPEZ

Tanks:
    Women's Maternity Pajamas Tops Nursing Tank Tops for Breastfeeding 3PCS/Pack M, Grey-Lightgreen-Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FX784T8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_lUxkAbTCH390F
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility