February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD Feb 11-17 29 Weeks (Week of 11/26)

Haven't seen this come up for our group yet, so I thought I may as well start it.

1) We're 29 weeks now! Baby is the size of a acorn squash. 77 days to go!
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday)?

Re: EDD Feb 11-17 29 Weeks (Week of 11/26)

• Options
    1) I hit 29 weeks a couple days ago so I'm down to 75 days
    2) Been having Braxton Hicks contractions, along with my hip and back pains.
    3) No appointments for me for a couple more weeks yet. Will be my first one with my OB instead of my family dr.
    4) Finally feeling like I'm getting somewhere with the baby's room. Have all the clothes and whatnot we've gotten so far washed and put away and started organizing things. Still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.
    5) DH and I will probably get our Christmas tree and decorate either this weekend or next.
  • Options
    1) We're 29 weeks now! Yay! I'm 29 weeks tomorrow!
    2) How are you feeling? Good. Baby is moving around a lot. Feeling lots of hard lumps near the belly button that I assume is one of his body parts lol. Haven't felt BH yet, or maybe I'm not sure what they feel like?
    3) Any appointments this week? Had my 1-hour glucose test among other bloodwork. Bad news is that I have to do the 3-hour test tomorrow morning. Taking a half day from work to do it, so it sucks! I start twice a month appts next Monday.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? These next few weeks, we will be organizing the nursery/guest room. FIL and DH are putting the crib together this weekend, and we just ordered a shelving unit to help store and organize clothes, blankets, and accessories. Getting excited to put it altogether! I want the room done before the end of the year.
    5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday)? We set up the tree last Saturday! Love the holidays!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21
    Good luck tomorrow with your glucose test! Hope it comes back clear.
    It's always exciting to be able to start getting stuff done for the baby. ^_^
  • Options
    1) 29 weeks on Friday.  This week is going by so slowly.
    2) How are you feeling?
    I think 3rd tri hit my like a ton of bricks yesterday.  I am so achy and tired.  Not sure what BH feel like, but I occasionally get cramps in my lower abdomen that feel like menstrual cramps. Between RLP and sciatic pain, my waddle was on in full force yesterday.  (I'm also very whiny, in case you couldn't tell  ;) )
    Saw my OB yesterday.  It was the first appointment since my GD diagnosis.  She said my numbers look good with my modified diet and I only gained 1/2 - 1 lb, which I'm happy about.  My belly is also measuring just right, which made me happy.  Starting 2x/mo appointments, so I will go back one more time before the new year.  Really looking forward to our 30 week growth scan at the beginning of January.  
    Rave: we interviewed 2 great birth/postpartum doulas in the last week and I think we finally came to a decision! 
    Rant:  Carbs are great because they are bland, which is another reason I was included so many of them in my diet.  Since I have to cut down on them, all of the food I can eat now is making my heartburn worse  :'(
    Question:  At what point should I start worrying about baby's position?  My newest fear is that baby is breech (I still feel a lot of movement pretty low). 
    5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday)?
    We don't decorate for our holiday, but I love helping friends decorate for theirs!  Our building already has decorations up in the lobby and has started playing Christmas music 24/7.
  • Options
    eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited November 2017
    So should this start on Monday? I can't really tell when to post it so I just wait :)

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired, but that's from getting up 5 times a night to pee and my husband's ass-early alarm. And the RLP and belly aches are terrible. But otherwise not too bad.
    3) Any appointments this week? Nope. OB next week just to meet with a doctor. I'd like to see an U/S just to see how big baby is.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? When should I start panicking that I've done nothing to set up the nursery minus get the furniture, which is currently sitting my garage?
    5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday)? I put out the outside lights and door wreath the day after Thanksgiving, but I think I will forego the inside decor this year. I'll have to take it down when I'm even bigger and more uncomfortable than I am now, and the thought of all the bending, lifting, and walking up and down stairs makes me say "F it". And yes, I have to do it because H was traumatized by his dad forcing him to put up lights all over their house so he refuses to do any decorating. I am the Christmas cheer in our house.

ETA words for clarity.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    1) We're 29 weeks now! Baby is the size of a acorn squash. 
    I turned 29 weeks on a Sunday. I feel like it’s gone by super fast! (Totally fine with that lol)

2) How are you feeling?
    ok. I’ve slowed down significantly. I went for a run/walk on Thanksgiving after taking a week off because my hip was bothering and omg have I been paying for that. My knee hurt for 2 days, and now my ankle. So I think elliptical and yoga for me until otherwise from now on!

Next week!

MONEY! I’ve been going through the wringer the last week. My car, which is older, unexpectedly needs repairs. Repairs to the point that it doesn’t make sense to do them and I should trade it in and I was NOT prepared for that. But a bit of good news, I got a second opinion that nothing is urgent, so I’m riding it out until spring.
    Also, HR can’t seem to figure out the new paid family leave act so not only am I being told a new thing everyday, I don’t have a written policy yet. It’s a global company. They should be a little more on top of this...

Tree is up! I wanted to do it the weekend of Thanksgiving because this year it’s going down right after New Years since it’s going to be 100% game day prep for the baby after the holidays!
  • Options
    @babybro218 you've got a little time to start worrying too much about position (like mid-30s, I think), but check out the Spinning Babies website which has lots of helpful exercises and movements to get baby into the ideal position.  Also, for what it's worth, my baby is definitively head down and I still feel movements down low.  They are smaller movements from his hands/arms -- and not nearly as strong as the kicks I get up high -- but feeling movement low doesn't necessarily mean baby is breech!

Feels crazy soon! and my pre-term labor anxiety has me thinking it's going to be a lot sooner than that...

2) How are you feeling?
    Sore pelvis, lots of BH, and noticeably more tired than I was just a few weeks ago.  Feeling huge and although I'm continuing to exercise every day, it's largely walking and prenatal yoga for me at this point.  Baby is head down and my doctor confirmed a couple weeks ago that he is very low (nice to know I'm not imagining it), so lots of pressure and discomfort.

Glucose test and regular appointment on Friday.  Fingers crossed!

My rant is everything under "How are you feeling" :)
    Question: Does anyone have any favorite stretches or yoga poses that have eased their pregnancy discomfort?

Already set up! We have a tradition of doing it the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  Definitely trickier to pull off this year with a toddler running around.
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    @eggplantface I don’t know if this helps at all, but we haven’t even bought furniture yet! 
    ETA spelling 
  • Options

29 weeks on Friday!
    2) How are you feeling?  
    No symptoms- just big belly.  Easily winded.
    Tomorrow of 28 week check.  Then I start every two weeks :)
    Not this week :)
    5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday).
    We don't. I am such a holiday grinch---Christmas is my least favorite holiday. Sorry!!  However, I DO enjoy the Christmas music. 
  • Options
    @kaitie12-27 Way to go washing clothes already! I think I have 6 outfits total lined up for baby girl... I’m slacking! 

@jennifer_m21 Good luck with the 3 hours test tomorrow! 

@eggplantface H won’t help you even clean up after Christmas?! Oh man! That sucks... And I’m cool with whatever day to start this thread. I love hearing how everyone else is doing! 

@stephbp2007 I’m sorry to hear about the car trouble, but I’m glad it’s not bad enough to have to fix right away... 
  • Options

I can’t believe there’s only 11 weeks left! There’s still so much to do! 

2) How are you feeling?

Generally just uncomfortable. I get winded easily, almost too easily... I feel super emotional now.  Belly feels extremely tight, and I’m putting on lotion and oil to try to minimize stretch marks as much as I can. 

Nothing this week. 

Rave: We set up our crib last night! It looks amazing, and I can’t wait to have everything set up! 

Rant: Colace has turned against me and done the opposite. So I was up at 3 this morning with horrible stomach cramps and been trying to stay near a toilet today. Guess I didn’t balance this one out right. 

Also: my kitty is at the vet today and they had to sedate her to get blood. This is the first time it’s happened and I actually cried (hello emotional mess). I just hope her kidneys are okay, she lost a pound from 6 months ago (and she only weighs 5.8 lbs now which isn’t a lot for a cat.) :( 

We brought all 8-10 boxes up from the basement last week and I’m just now staring to go through it and set things up. I’m sure it’s going to take me a while this year due to how big I’m getting. I just want it all done after this weekend. I love when my house is decorated, it really puts me in the Christmas Spirit. 
  • Options
    2) How are you feeling? Today, tired and achy.  Thankfully, I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow! 

3) Any appointments this week? No, I went last week for my glucose (passed!) and the 28 week visit, which went really well!  We met another Dr. in the practice who was hilarious and would be really anxiety-diffusing if he were to be the one on call when I go into labor. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I guess more of a random, but, we're still working on finishing the nursery, but it's really getting there!  We got to show off the 'rough draft' to our families on Thanksgiving, which was fun.  Today, I asked DH to bring my giant tub of children's' books up so I could pile through them and pick some to put on the bookshelves in the baby's room.  (I thought I'd need to build my own primary classroom library, but didn't end up needing to, so now I have a giant tub at home, which is really fun!) 

5) GTKY: When are you setting up your Christmas tree (or decorating for your holiday)? I may start decorating this weekend.  We usually wait another week for the tree, because it lives in the same room as the woodstove and gets dry quickly. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 good luck with 3 hr. Fingers crossed.
    @babybro218 great news on first GD appointment.
    @lucylou214 congrats on passing GD test. 

I was trying to do bump tags between conferences...I can't multi task.   Only one conference tomorrow 19 down..1 to go. And 1 no show to tackle. 
  • Options
    I cannot believe 29 weeks on Friday! 

2) How are you feeling?
    Ive been feeling super tired lately! Driving to work in the dark and leaving work in the dark! It's really affecting me and I am drained mentally! 

I had a check up yesterday. Baby is playing tricks on us! The heartbeat has always been 155-160 and my mom was convinced we were having a girl. Now the heartbeat is down to 140! (I know it's an old wives tale and we are just speculating for fun!). Baby measured 28 weeks! Onto biweekly appointments 

My rant is my 2 year old! He is refusing to sleep! He stands in his crib and screams daddy and mommy. It takes over an hour of screaming and then he finally gives in!

We are lame and don't put a tree up! We travel to our family for the full 2 weeks of christmas holidays so we don't bother putting the tree up! Maybe next year!
  • Options
    The kicking sort of stopped, never was very strong. Now I feel numbness, rubbing ( like maybe she's turning?)...any other 29 weekers having these issues? 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 Our LO likes to kick in the early morning, after I’ve eaten, and when I’m trying to go to bed. But other than that, she’s pretty quiet. No numbness, but tightness. And I know when she’s turning because I get this sick to my stomach feeling like I’m going to either have a BM or barf. It’s weird. How long can you go without feeling anything?
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 she moves every once in awhile throughout day a nudge here/there ...but last active day was Saturday during apple cup. Now I just get that weird feeling...today it's under boobs sternum area.  I have appointment tomorrow afternoon. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    @jenniferjoy37 she moves every once in awhile throughout day a nudge here/there ...but last active day was Saturday during apple cup. Now I just get that weird feeling...today it's under boobs sternum area.  I have appointment tomorrow afternoon. 
    Good call... better to be safe. Maybe baby’s just chillin’... good luck miss! 
  • Options
    1) We're 29 weeks now! Baby is the size of a acorn squash. 77 days to go!  :# 

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Got my TDAP on Tues and my arm is still sore. Didn't eat enough on Tues either so spent most of Wednesday feeling sick and tired. Slept most of the day thankfully.

Had my 28 week n Tues. Everything good and I passed my glucose test! I have one more month appt then every two weeks

Plans are finally in motion for our baby showers! Not ideal that they will be in mid Jan when I am huge and uncomfortable, but I'll take what I can get. Planning maternity pictures for late December.

We got a 4ft table topper tree set up after tgives and aren't planning to do anything else
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Yeah, in past years H refused to help and I understand; it's my choice to put them up so I need to do the work. I'm sure if I put them out this year he'd help me take them down because of pregnancy, though. He's not totally heartless, just a scrooge ;)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Yeah, in past years H refused to help and I understand; it's my choice to put them up so I need to do the work. I'm sure if I put them out this year he'd help me take them down because of pregnancy, though. He's not totally heartless, just a scrooge ;)
    Glad he would help if needed... :) 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Ok so update: 
    The pressure is/ was more than likely uterus...and she's doing fine hb 125.
    Glad to hear everything is okay! 
  • Options
    Glad to hear it, @Chawk17:) 
  • Options

2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling pretty good all things considered. A bit tight in the groin/pelvis but not too bad yet. I haven't gained any weight on the last month so that probably helps. I gained quickly in second trimester so the slow down isn't concerning to me

I will have my 30 week appointment on Tuesday. I hate when the appointments go to every two weeks but this one is a home visit so at least I don't have to lug the kids around to it.

DH just got the snip on Tuesday and he can still barely walk. The first day he was even crying in pain. Aside from playing nursemaid to him for the last few days it also makes my life pretty hard because 100% of the parenting/bed time routine has fallen on me all it is a lot. We were both super surprised with the recovery so I was not expecting this.

I've had my Christmas trees up since November 12, the day after remembrance day. In Canada here so there is no November Thanksgiving to wait for. The kids are super good not to touch it though. This is the babies first Christmas that he is mobile so I spent the first half hour working with him to not touch them but he figured out the rules pretty quickly

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options

2) How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good. 10 weeks until induction. Almost to single digits. 

I had an appt. this past Monday. Still down 15 lbs, but all looks good. 

We got our tree on Monday on dd3's birthday. It's been a tradition for us.  I still have to put more ornaments up once H digs them out of the garage.

G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    babybro218 - I wouldn't worry too much about breech presentation at this point. There's still plenty of time for babe to turn vertex and get settled. I started doing exercises to encourage vertex and OFP between 33-34 weeks with my last two since they were very comfortable in breech position. Both turned vertex around 35 weeks and stayed in place.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @babybro218 I think my baby is turning somersaults in there. Sometimes I get the cervix kicks, then he mercifully flips around to kick above my belly button. He's all over the place. But we have plenty of time for moving.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I asked about positions because baby is transverse right now and my OB said most babies will move head down about 30-32 weeks and that she isn't concerned about positioning until 36 weeks
  • Options
    @babybro218 I think my baby is turning somersaults in there. Sometimes I get the cervix kicks, then he mercifully flips around to kick above my belly button. He's all over the place. But we have plenty of time for moving.
    Oh my gosh. My LO is doing the same thing. It’s such a foreign feeling to me, but I know she’s in there’s doing gymnastics or something. Crazy! 
  • Options
    WOO HOO! Glad to be in 3rd tri. Excited to meet this guy in 11 weeks or so. 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty good actually. Have a bit more energy and desire to clean/organize. I've been waking up daily between 2-3am... so that is fun... 
    Chiropractor Thursday and I am looking forward to it. I can tell when my hips need adjusting. 
    DH will be gone for work 9 days straight with no communication... I miss him a ton when he's gone and I'm sure it'll be exhausting taking care of 2 kids, 29 weeks pregnant, and working full time but we'll manage a day at a time. I planned all meals this week to be super kid friendly and convenient... hope my boys behave while daddy is away :P 
    We set it up this weekend (tree). We're not putting out a lot of decorations this year. No lights on the house etc due to DH's trip coming up and knowing from years past that I won't feel like organizing it all and cleaning it up at 34 weeks pregnant. We're doing minimal this year and I love it! Still cozy. 
  • Options
    1) We're 29 weeks now! 
    11 weeks to go!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Very uncomfortable. I feel like a beached whale  :D
    Infailed my 1 hr glucose test by 1 point so I get the pleasure of hanging out at the DR office for 3 hrs tomorrow 
    My mom told me she is giving us an amazon gift card for Christmas to put towards our new double stroller. I am embarrassingly excited to try out our new city select  :p
    We usually get a real tree but I am just not feeling it this year. Decorating is so much work so I was fine not doing anything. DH was distraught at the idea of not having a tree and went and bought a cheap fake one and set it up Friday 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    We usually get a real tree but I am just not feeling it this year. Decorating is so much work so I was fine not doing anything. DH was distraught at the idea of not having a tree and went and bought a cheap fake one and set it up Friday 
    I totally get it. I asked DH to bring our Christmas bins up today, and ended up pulling out less than half of what we usually decorate with.  I can only imagine that if I don't really feel like dealing with it all now, how much I won't want to put it away!  Plus, clutter of any kind has been driving me crazy, so I really didn't want to haul out a bunch of crap that would just annoy me.  I really like the more minimalist look I have going on, so that's the plus! 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    1) We're 29 weeks now! 
    11 weeks to go!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Very uncomfortable. I feel like a beached whale  :D
    Infailed my 1 hr glucose test by 1 point so I get the pleasure of hanging out at the DR office for 3 hrs tomorrow 

Sorry about failing GD test, and beached whale is exactly how I feel. 
  • Options

My other app says the size of a Barbie dream convertible and i died laughing. 

2) How are you feeling?

I hurt. I’m having a decently amount of nerve pain. 

None this week. 3 hour glucose test retake next week. Boo.

Rants: I irrationally upset that our library isn’t doing a pajama showing of The Polar Express this year. 

We aren’t setting up a tree this year. A 2 yo, 18 month old, no tree. Maybe a felt tree they can move the ornaments on. 
  • Options
    @GoogleMD same story in our house! I just couldn't handle the thought of all the clean-up and fuss that comes with a real tree this year, especially since I'm the one who's usually in charge of everything.  We bought a pre-lit artificial, put on about 2/3 of our usual ornaments, and called it a day.  Very happy with the decision!!
  • Options
    @googlemd and @TattoosandLace - fingers crosse that you pass the 3-hour glucose test! 

• Options
    psm2462 said:
    @GoogleMD same story in our house! I just couldn't handle the thought of all the clean-up and fuss that comes with a real tree this year, especially since I'm the one who's usually in charge of everything.  We bought a pre-lit artificial, put on about 2/3 of our usual ornaments, and called it a day.  Very happy with the decision!!

stuck in box
    DH set the tree up and put lights on. This weekend we were suppose to put ornaments on which did not happen.
    there is 1 ornament on it, the one we bought for my son this year. I am secretly hoping it stays that way
  • Options
    @googlemd and @TattoosandLace - fingers crosse that you pass the 3-hour glucose test! 

THANKS! I passed it in October, but have to retake now during the “normal” time frame.