December 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change - 12/6

Not sure if this is still a thing, but I always enjoyed see where the Weds ladies are at, plus I'm still a few weeks out and need some distractions!
PS. stole this from a Tuesday ticker change a week or two ago.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

Any early labor signs yet? (Just wondering for fun)

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 12/6

• Options
    38 weeks! Spaghetti squash

Zero. And I’m fine with that. I need to at least get through this week! 

How are you feeling?
    Great. No issues, I really thought I would be slowing down by now.

Last official week teaching dance. I’m also subbing for a bunch of people and cleaning house. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant- my in laws found out we will be raising our child vegetarian in the beginning (I am one, hubby isn’t) until she asks for meat herself, then my philosophy is that as long as she knows what it is (an animal) then she can make that choice herself. They claim I am forcing my beliefs on her... umm how’s it different from any other parenting choice? Like religion etc. that’s a parents job, take their values and beliefs and raise their child the best way they can until the child can make their own choices and opinions. And it’s just omitting a food group for awhile. They say she will have issues socially etc. so annoying. I could rant about this for hours lol

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)?
    Elf! I still laugh even though I know every line
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks. Big. :)

Any early labor signs yet? (Just wondering for fun) I think I've been having some more Braxton-Hicks this week and a little cramping, but no big signs. We're scheduled for a c-section next week, so I am happy for baby to stay put til then. 

How are you feeling? Definitely slowing down. Not sleeping as well, so I get really tired in the afternoons

What's going on this week? Finishing up some things at work, trying to get a few last to do's taken care of, hopefully taking DD to some Christmas events

Rants/Raves/Questions: DD has had a slight runny nose and cough this week, and I woke up with a sore throat and DH is a little congested. I really don't want us all coming down with colds right as baby is about to arrive!

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)? I love Christmas movies in general. Miracle on 34th St, the Grinch, The Santa Clause, etc. So far I think the only thing I have watched though is If you give a Mouse a Christmas Cookie, which I put on for DD out of exhaustion the other day :p 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @balletnerd I love Elf! We caught a little bit of it over the weekend and my 4 year-old thought it was amazing so I let the kids watch it this last night out of exhaustion (and it was only Tuesday!?). ALSO - the judgement on the vegetarian thing would make me insane, you're 100% right (IMO), we raise our children with the guidance of our own beliefs/practices, unless your beliefs are illegal/harmful, then what's the problem!? MILs need to mind their own business!

37 weeks, a bunch of swiss chard?

Any early labor signs yet? (Just wondering for fun) Nothing, which is AOK with me, because I honestly don't think it really means anything? I was feeling perfectly fine without any labor symptoms when my water broke with DS at 40+4. If you had told me that morning I'd be in labor that afternoon I woudn't have believed you, except for maybe the fact that I was past my EDD.

How are you feeling? I am officially over it. I want to have this baby and plan my holidays and be done with work. Selfish I know, but as of yesterday I'm all of a sudden feeling really antsy and it's been terribly distracting.

What's going on this week? 37 week appointment was yesterday, perfectly ordinary!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rave - DH gutted baby's room last weekend, it's one of three rooms we have left to renovate, this morning we picked out the paint color and it looks like it will be done this weekend!
    Rant - corresponding to my rave, all I want to do is wash baby clothes and get things organized but with the renovation ALL the xmas gifts and baby stuff are in our room and some other items are loitering in our living room and I feel like my house is a giant out of control mess!

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)? Definitely Elf, and also The Santa Claus.

• Options
    37 weeks, romaine lettuce

cramping occasionally, the odd BH contraction.. honestly at times it feels like the baby is going to be the kool-aid man and just burst through my abs. 

How are you feeling?
    Exhausted. I’m awake until midnight and then I want to sleep all day. I have so many things I want to do and I don’t even have energy to make a sandwich for lunch. 

I’m on vacation. Thank goodness I don’t have to go to work and pretend to be more awake than I am. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I don’t think I have any this week. My question for my ob will be the whole, what happens next. I’m seeing a high risk ob and I’m getting curious if he’ll let me go overdue. I really want this baby and I want to be home for Christmas Day. Selfish, I know and I know there are risks being induced.. but I really don’t want to have to wait a whole year for baby’s first Xmas when we’re sooo close! 

my favourite is a Christmas story. 
  • Options
    38 weeks! 

Nothing really. TMI - I thought I was going to have diarrhea today and got oddly excited but as usual lately my bowels disappointed me and I did not poop lol. 

How are you feeling?
    I am on the verge of a sore throat. The lack of sleep really isn't helping matters. I put everything off for so long that I am now down to the wire having to bust my hump (at work and at home) so I am just trying to power through and get shit done. 

I have a normal OB appointment today, a growth scan with the MFM on Friday, DH is heading to the store today with a grocery list for 15 freezer meals I plan to make on Saturday and Sunday we are doing Santa in the AM and lights at the zoo in the PM with DS. Hoping a busy schedule helps keep my mind off of things and/or puts me into labor lol. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Not this baby related (well kind of I suppose). I contacted Early Intervention on 11/13 about DS. He has 0 words and is 20 months old so I am just doing my due diligence and hoping to catch a problem if there is one. Ped isnt worried but gave us a referral to use "if he hasn't gained any words in a few months" at his 18 month appointment. Well it's been 2 months and still no words so I called. I was given the run around and finally got a call back on 11/17. From there gave some information and received a call 11/27 to set up an intake appointment - first available being 12/4 (for me to answer questionnaires, give financial/insurance info, etc) and was told that first call (from them - 11/17) to evaluation appointment needs to be completed within 45 days. Well, that puts us at having to have the evaluation by 12/31. Guess what? I am having a kid. And there are the holidays oh and guess what, they don't have anyone to do evals the week between Xmas and New Years. First available eval is 12/21. Last available eval is 12/21. My due date is 12/20. I have to laugh or I'd cry. I asked what happens if the eval doesn't happen by 12/31 and she said that everything gets shredded and that we have to start the process over. Which makes TOTAL sense. Oh bureaucracy. So I took the appointment and am hoping for the best. At the very least I guess DH can be there if I am holed up in the hospital but obviously I'd like to be there as well. Wish us luck. Sorry for the novel I didn't really how much I needed to vent until I got started. 

White Christmas is my ultimate all time fave. I watch it at least 5 times every holiday season. Elf and Bad Santa are notable mentions. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    @balletnerd I think that is a completely reasonable approach to feeding. Most babies and toddlers hate meat anyway! One less thing to worry about. Seriously, we are very meatatarian in our house, and DS rarely eats any of it, he just prefers not to, so we don't force it. We offer it, but if he doesn't eat it, it doesn't matter. Your inlaws are being ridiculous and totally projecting their insecurities onto your baby. Not okay. 

@cait5413 lady I feel you on the illness front. DH is the only one yet to come down with something, ugh. 

@dilbert890 totally having kool-aid man moments over here. My abs HUUURRRRT always now. and it feels *grrreeeeaattt* when she jabs a knee or foot right under my belly button, i feel like she is going to pop right through!

@flowerpower5838 that whole situation with DS sounds ridiculous. bureaucracy and red tape is so stupid. I hope it works out!

How far along are you?
    How big is baby? 39 weeks - a motherfucking PUMPKIN Holy. 

Any early labor signs yet?
    lots of cramping and tightening, mostly at night. lot's of pelvic pressure and lightning crotch. 

How are you feeling?
    Well DS (finally) gave me his damn cold, so I woke up  with a sore throat and a stuff nose, Boo! he's been sick for weeks so it really was only a matter of time!

Just left the midwife, nothing new. We decided this Saturday after DH's mom arrives would be a perfect day to go into labor  :D not that we're inducing or anything, but she believes there is a lot to be said about a mom who decides when to have her baby. I mean, it worked with DS so why not haha Just hoping DS and I feel better by then!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    RANT: Every time DS seems to get better for the past 2-3 weeks, he gets a new round of illness and it is FRUSTRATING. I mean, I know it's the norm for toddlers, especially in winter. But COME ON. Just get better for at least a few weeks!
    RAVE: I spontaneously stopped at BRU on my way home from the midwife and actually got so many things I realized we needed as I was there, plus some great stuff on clearance. Got a change pad & cover, 3 of the cutest muslin swaddles for $13, a mirror for the back of the car, and a "My First Christmas" onesie for LO. And because I had a bunch of GCs I only paid $0.15 out of pocket! Yay!

All of them? 
    Seriously though, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, The Family Stone, Love The Coopers, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Elf, Beauty & The Beast Enchanted Christmas... and so many more... but like I said... all of them!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @failuretofly - Your "decided arrival date" cracks me up. Last night my best friend jokingly asked me if I'd given the baby a firm talking to about her due date, and it got me thinking... maybe your both on to something. I've been using the 20th as my "hopefully by", so I'm going to continue to put that into the universe!
  • Options
    40+2 watermelon

Am actually in L&D right now 

How are you feeling?
    Ready for this to happen hoping it's soon

Went to the Dr Wednesday morning she sent me over to the hospital to get a nst and they ended up keeping me and plan on inducing later.
    Rants/Raves/Questions: