August 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions, 12/3

Re: Weekly Questions, 12/3

• How do I actually get my ticker to show up when I post?  Do you guys copy/paste it every time you post, or is there a setting where I'm supposed to paste the code so it shows automatically?  I read the guidelines and I have a code, I'm just not sure what to do with it now.
  • @juliebird6 It goes into your signature. If you aren't on mobile in the top right of your screen, there is a bust outline. Click it, then preferences. The on the right side of the screen should be a signature button. Put it in as a html code*i think thats the one* and it should pop up on every comment.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    @lalala2004 @ecwk I used my room, but IF I try to enforce the every 3 hours, then I'll have to find somewhere else at least once a day. Did they have a sub or aid that could cover your class for when it wasn't your prep?
    I didn’t have my own room, so I pumped in the assistant principals office. She was in there, but we eventually put up a partition. Not ideal, but it worked.

ETA: my schedule was such that I never had to pump during class, and I could get by just pumping twice a day, and eventually once a day when DS was closer to one.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just sneezed for the first time since my BFP and felt a quick sharp pain, much more intense than the mild cramps I’ve been having on and off, but it went away almost instantly. Is that normal for 4w2d? 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate
    sounds like round ligament pain. I remember that from last time. Sometimes it would really hurt! Usually it happened if I sneezed or if I moved suddenly, like if I rolled over in bed. It's normal!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @ecwk! I wasn't sure if it was too early for that or not but that does sound like what I felt!
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate it’s crazy how early it all starts. Even now your body starts producing relaxin that makes your joints looser so everything can expand for the baby and birth. Unfortunately it also makes you more prone to injuries. I’m just really hoping I can keep up my exercise....
    *Siggy Warning*

• @legallykate definitely sounds like round ligament pain (RLP). I was getting it for a week or so and the bloat set in then too. It seems to have leveled off a bit this week.  I’ve been excercising more this week so I think that’s really helping. Although this morning I slept in.   :D
  • Okay another follow up signature/ticker question.  Is there a way to hide my signature from previous posts?  I noticed yesterday that it just shows up automatically everywhere, but I feel weird about having it show up on some of my posts in the TTGP board so I deleted it until I can get it sorted out.
  • @juliebird6 some people put their ticker in a spoiler box. I was kind of waiting to add a ticker because my EDD may change when I have my dating scan. Also I’m lazy and rarely on desktop. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• @juliebird6 Go for it! 
    @lalala2004 I realized I suck at this kind of secret, so I just turned it into a game and let the adult co-workers guess. I haven't told anyone outside H and work though. None of my students know anything.

• @lalala2004
    SAME! I am finding it hard to keep quiet. Especially with my mom friends I know from pregnancy group from last time around. I know some of them are trying and I think they would tell me as soon as they found out but I just still don't feel quite comfortable enough to do that! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NBR - not sure where to put. Are Ticker Change threads new every day or new every week? I think in my old BMB it was every week but I'm not sure. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Y’all, I’m having the hardest time not blurting our that I’m pregnant to everyone I see. What is wrong with me?
    Haha +1 to this. The very first person I saw on Friday after my BFP (other than DH) was a colleague from a different group who I basically never see/talk to. We were in the elevator and he was like "oh hi, how are you?" and it was so hard to not be like WELL I'M PREGNANT, ALMOST-STRANGER. And I also told both my mom and brother before their respective grandma/uncle gifts arrived. I am the worst.
    *TTC History*

• @lalala2004 @legallykate OMG- same here! We've told our good friends who are expecting also and 1 coworker, but I am dying to tell my mom and sister. I almost blurted it out too- we're waiting til Christmas to announce to them but man it's hard!! 
  • ecwk said:
    NBR - not sure where to put. Are Ticker Change threads new every day or new every week? I think in my old BMB it was every week but I'm not sure. 
    Not totally sure what you’re asking, but every day there is a different ticker change thread. You just post in the day your week starts over. So they exist every day, you just post in yours once a week.
    *Siggy Warning*

• ecwk said:
    NBR - not sure where to put. Are Ticker Change threads new every day or new every week? I think in my old BMB it was every week but I'm not sure. 
    Not totally sure what you’re asking, but every day there is a different ticker change thread. You just post in the day your week starts over. So they exist every day, you just post in yours once a week.
    I was asking if new ones are made daily or weekly. In my old BMB we just did one a week and everyone posted there regardless of how far along they were exactly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    ecwk said:
    I was asking if new ones are made daily or weekly. In my old BMB we just did one a week and everyone posted there regardless of how far along they were exactly. 
    Oh, weird. In mine they were always posted daily.
    *Siggy Warning*

• In F17 we had a ticker change for every day... I get why people like them, but personally think they're kind of unnecessary additional threads because everyone's at different weeks and such so they just didn't get as much attention.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pghctwife said:
    I think I’m my last bmb they were talking about a weekly one instead of daily. I never really bothered with the ‘Thursday ticker change!’ Bc hobestly there wasn’t much actually conversation just a questionaire, and we were are spread out... I didn’t have any more in common with Someone by virtue of being due in a Tuesday or something ... 

a checkin for aug 1-7, 8-14, 9-21, 22-28, and the caboose... or a few 8 day weeks etc makes sense bc you are all really due close together. 
    But then I don’t understand how that’s a ticker change thread? People just post on their actual ticker change day but the thread lasts all week? Or maybe call it something else?

I guess it is a little weird, it just seems like that’s how it always was done! And I felt like I got to know those particular people a little more. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• In my last BMB where we did the weekly ones, the first question was "weeks/size" and people would say "21 weeks today!" or "I'll be 22 weeks on Thursday" 

I liked it because it was a good way to keep up with all the regs and for the reason @pghctwife mentioned. Also, as of now I don't know my ticker change day  :p:p:p

But I don't mind how it's done here, whatever way it rolls is ok with me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk yeah, I’m not fully committed to a day of the week because even though I know my O date, my OB may give me a different EDD after my dating scan. DS was actually born on that due date, and as awesome as it is that my current EDD is DH’s Birthday, I would hope that they wouldn’t have to share one!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Yeah I liked the idea since the daily ones never really did anything for me, but meh whatever ppl want. I don’t usually post regularly in them but no skin off my nose if we stick with that way. 

Really we we are all pretty close together within one month anyhow 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I have no idea why my avi is a koala. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that last go around in Oct. 2014. Anyway. 

Has anyone told their boss yet? My boss is awesome and we are a fairly tight-knit office, being there are only 3 people here. He knows I plan to be a SAHM after our 2nd baby, so he's going to be sad, but I told my last boss the day after I found out. IMO, I feel like it's better to say something sooner to the boss just in case I need to take extra time off for appointments or whatever. I just found out a bit earlier with this one. Telling him at 3w6d (or even earlier, as I'm not 100% certain) seems so early to me!! 

I already told my coworker. She knew we were trying. :blush:

• @Firemanswife11 I told work at 4ws. I started a contest to help me narrow down girl names.  Its early to tell, but I figure if I were to have a loss they would know and help me grieve. 

AF the Ticker changes, I really liked the daily threads. For my 2 previous BMBs it was a chance to get to know a few people better/quicker, and its how we decided on our labor buddies. Whatever the masses want I'll do, just my experiences. 

• I am waiting as long as I can (until it’s pretty apparent) to tell work. In a law firm work is assigned super far in advance and we are expected to bill a certain number of hours so I wouldn’t want to not be staffed on a new matter because I’d be leaving in August for mat leave. They can just figure out how to cover for me when I tell them in March or April. My coworker who is pregnant told everyone at 17 weeks so I’m hoping I can make it at least that long!
    *TTC History*

• Chiming in about ticker changes - I prefer daily threads.  That's always something I really looked forward to in my last BMB, and I agree that you get to know those people more quickly.  I will do whatever the group wants, but I feel like it makes each weekly change more of a special milestone.
  • I’m debating when to tell my boss. Last time, DH made me tell her right after I found out, and her reaction was pretty much “great, but why are you telling me so early?”

I’m planning to schedule all of my OB appointments for the pregnancy at the first appointment, so I may tell my boss after and e-mail the list of my appointment dates.
  • @ecwk I'll be 8w2d

• Well, I will probably announce on Facebook at the end of 1st Tri, so I feel like it will get to work after that. So I imagine I’ll tell my assistant principal before that. I’m hoping I can make appointments on days I don’t work (I teach part time) but sometimes it may be inevitable to have to leave early or arrive late. I’m hoping I can schedule appointments more in advance this time. Last time they just schedule one at a time, and towards the end it was kind of a pain getting it to work with my schedule.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @legallykate just my 2 cents on the heating pad, I haven’t read all the comments, I used heating pads on my back and shoulders but would never put on my abd. They advise avoiding hot tubs because if your uterus gets to warm it can be harmful. Warm baths are generally ok because that is not generally as warm as a hot tubs 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I’m debating when to tell my boss. Last time, DH made me tell her right after I found out, and her reaction was pretty much “great, but why are you telling me so early?”

I’m planning to schedule all of my OB appointments for the pregnancy at the first appointment, so I may tell my boss after and e-mail the list of my appointment dates.
    I don't know, I feel like, at least for me - I want my boss to know sooner than later. I mean, in a week and a half I have to leave early for a "doctor's appointment." Also, if something did happen, at least I could take a day + off without feeling weird about it. Your boss's first response seems strange lol. 
  • I plan to tell our principal in early spring.  I want them to have adequate time to find coverage for my class the following school year.

• I'm with @legallykate and will be telling my boss as late as possible. I have a great relationship with my boss and he knows we want one more kiddo, but I don't want it influencing decisions about project commitments/assignments, etc early on. I am also AMA and will be doing genetic testing and want to have that hurdle cleared first before telling anyone beyond those closest to us.

@Firemanswife11 I would hope your employer would understand you taking time off for Dr's appts without needing to know exactly what they are for. I manage people and would never ask what their Dr's appointments are for. Everybody needs to go to the Dr. at times. Also, if something happens you can still take time off without telling your boss what it's for (sick or PTO days can be used for that). I'd rather not have to explain something like that to boss or colleagues and would rather keep it private. But definitely do whatever you want to and are comfortable with!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @mrsinterweb I went ahead and told him earlier. I think he already knew somehow! When I went in his office, he just looked at me and said, "No, you're not!" before I even told him anything. LOL. I knew him before he was my boss so we get along well as is. He's also super accommodating to family needs and, honestly, it felt like I was telling a friend I was pregnant. FWIW, my projects are actually run by the state and federal level and I've already been assigned out until next July. All good here. :) 
  • I'm with @legallykate and will be telling my boss as late as possible. I have a great relationship with my boss and he knows we want one more kiddo, but I don't want it influencing decisions about project commitments/assignments, etc early on. I am also AMA and will be doing genetic testing and want to have that hurdle cleared first before telling anyone beyond those closest to us.

@Firemanswife11 I would hope your employer would understand you taking time off for Dr's appts without needing to know exactly what they are for. I manage people and would never ask what their Dr's appointments are for. Everybody needs to go to the Dr. at times. Also, if something happens you can still take time off without telling your boss what it's for (sick or PTO days can be used for that). I'd rather not have to explain something like that to boss or colleagues and would rather keep it private. But definitely do whatever you want to and are comfortable with!
    I'm in the same boat in that I'm waiting. Not every workplace is as supportive as they should be, even if they follow their legal responsibilities. I am also really big on keeping my personal life private at work, so god forbid something happens, I don't want to have to go back to my dept. head and have an emotional conversation. I don't know. I'm weird like that. 

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I’ll probably tell my manager fairly early. I’m a nurse, and we sometimes get isolation patients that aren’t appropriate for PG girls to take. Plus, with the heavy pulling and lifting, I think most of my coworkers will figure out pretty quickly that I’m KU when I’m constantly asking for help.