January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 12/4 - 12/10

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 12/4 - 12/10

• Options
    @gusgus14 my eyes are bigger than my stomach right now. I stopped at Mcdonalds on my way home from daycare drop off and could only eat half of what I used to normally eat. I'm still not hungry. Ugh.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Back pain has started and is sooo sore to the touch....going to do some prenatal yoga this week to hopefully make it a little more bearable.  
  • Options
    Loss of appetite over here, I just feel like snacking. I brought a sandwich, chips, and a salad for lunch (my usual work lunch) and that sounds like too much food. And BH are getting more intense lately 
  • Options
    the pressure!  When I walk more than a few feet at a time its sooooo uncomfortable most of the time! 
    It's making all the stuff I need to do around the house more difficult b/c I just want to stop and rest every 10 minutes.  Also, I texted my trainer this morning that I was done with sessions for the foreseeable future, I'm just not up for a solid hour of movement and I don't want to waste sessions we've paid for when DH can use them and get an actual workout. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @lmmjd that sounds like me during the first tri!  I could have seriously slept for 18 hours a day and still been up for another nap if given the opportunity.

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @supercoolstephy - I went from being like that to starving overnight. Maybe it's a growth spurt? I don't know but I'm already trying to figure out what to have for lunch. I was trying to be good (besides breakfast) so that I'm not so grossly bloated tomorrow since we've eaten a lot of junk recently but some sort of fast food is going to be my best lunch option now. 
  • Options
    BH are getting more intense, and this morning my pelvic bone (or something in that area) popped/cracked as I was crawling out of bed...worst...pain...ever!!
  • Options
    My back is bothering me pretty much all day now. I don't remember it being this bad with DD.
  • Options
    My skin feels like it just can't stretch any more!!! I don't feel like I'm anywhere near as big as I was with DS but I feel like I'm putting lotion on my belly every couple hours to make myself feel like I'm actually going to prevent getting a million stretch marks from all this pressure and stretching.

Also, gas pains/cramps are the worst. 
  • Options
    My vomiting stopped over the weekend thankfully and I hope it stays away. Hip and back pain continue. I have to stand up slowly then my first few steps are really awkward. Acid reflux still sucks but I don't take my zantac regularly. I had diarrhea on Sat and was worried as that could be a labor sign but thankfully it stopped. The pelvic pressure gets bad when I walk for awhile so I'm trying to sit more frequently. BH are occurring more frequently. Very tired but having trouble sleeping. My hunger is off and on. I'm definitely more hungry in the morning and I'm liking to snack instead of eating a meal. So I just eat parts of a meal every 2 hours or so. 
  • Options
    BHs all throughout the day make me anxious that preterm labor is going to be a thing this go 'round! (My Mother's water broke with my brother at 35 weeks and I'm at that point today). DS broke my waters at 38.1 so...yikes. Also, if I could stop gaining weight that would be GREAT. With DS, I barely made the 25lb recommendation (27lbs fully dressed was the last weight I heard in triage before he was born). This chick? I'm at 33lbs gained at 35weeks. I'm a bit swollen but not in the concerning places (eyes, hands, etc.) and blood pressure is low... so I literally think I'm retaining water? 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I share your fears about induction/long labor, but I was induced last time and really don't want to do it again. I was uncomfortable last time and kept hoping my body would kick into gear before my induction date (38w) but it didn't. I'm honestly more worried about going into labor and not knowing that's what's going on since I didn't have that experience the first time!
  • Options
    @cyanope Thank you! And the ten days early/no sign is music to my ears too!
    @schaze YES! I was induced last time as well after leaking fluid (no contractions though), so my fear is definitely partly rooted in that... and I also share your fear re: going into labor and having NO clue that I am... I'm mostly excited though about the possibility of going into labor naturally!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    My stomach is so tight and heavy today and it's so uncomfortable. It usually gets like this at the end of the day if I've been up and moving around too much but it's been like this all day. I would kill to lie down right now instead of being stuck at my desk. Plus my back is hurting. 
  • Options
    Not sleeping is starting to take a toll on me. I just want to sleep. Also have had a headache on and off for a week. It was so bad last night I couldn't go to sleep until after 11 pm (I got in bed for sleep at 830) 
  • Options
    My back hurts and my hands and feet hurt from swelling. I cringe when my feet hit the floor every morning and I can't make a fist. Other than that, she's starting to feel super low. I have to get up slowly and even then, I feel like she's about to fall out! Hoping to get some energy soon to finish up my last few to-do's, but all I can think about right now is how I want to sleep 24/7.
  • Options
    I had blocked out how bad the indegestion and upper GI tract gas pain can be. It’s excruciating if something I eat doesn’t agree with me. My whole upper body will feel like it’s on fire. Ugh. I can’t wait for it to be over, but kiddo still has to cook a bit.
  • Options
    Besides constant Braxton Hicks at night, and peeing every hour, according to Dr. Google I am starting to have symptoms of carpal tunnel in both hands. I had no idea pregnancy induced carpal tunnel was a thing! It’s not pleasant! Being pregnant at 35 is way different then when I was pregnant at 29 and 31... and not in a good way  :/
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    @PhillymommaX2 I had pregnancy induced carpel tunnel with DD and it was the WORST of all my symptoms. The good news for you is that at least it is starting in the third trimester. Also, mine went away VERY shortly after I gave birth. Things that helped: making DH massage my hands, ice packs for both wrists/hands, heat on them (really it just felt good), and wearing wrist guards--this helped the most despite being annoying. I would sleep in them. This was the exact one I used (one for each hand), though anything like it would work: 

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/futuro-sport-adjustable-wrist-support/ID=prod359737-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Health_Care&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku359738&sst=357fca8b-e293-466e-ac1e-2a3e7bbbe90b&reactjs=true

Try to remind yourself that it will go away... at least. I know @burnsmommy27 had it too in previous pregnancies, so she might have some advice... also, good news if you want another baby: it doesn't definitely return with subsequent pregnancies! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    Good to know I share a lot of these symptoms. I fixed the acid reflux w a percription from my ob but lately I've been having a terrible time w an upset stomach mostly in the mornings/mid day. Not sure if it's bc there's no  room in there or what but it's frustrating. I feel a stretching on the left side of my belly button that makes coughing, laughing and standing very difficult. It's a burning type of pain and sometimes happens from movement. Lastly so much fatigue!

I struggle w fears of something going wrong now that we are 5 weeks away from the finish line and quieting those fears has also made me exhausted mentally. 
  • Options
    I’m also feeling SO HUNGRY lately, I’m supposed to check my blood sugar levels 2 hrs after every meal, but let’s be honest, I can’t go 2 hours without eating! Other than being super starving all the time, this baby just feels heavy. I feel like I’m carring a kettlebell in my belly and every twist and turn, I feel all her weight shift  :# 
  • Options
    My biggest complaint right now is rhinitis! I'm tired of a runny, stuffed up nose... accompanied by that tingling feeling like I'm getting a head cold.  It's been weeks.. ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Only thing I might add @PhillymommaX2 is try to not sleep with your hands clenched. It was a hard habit for me to break but I would always open then and lay them flat if I woke up and my hands were numb. 
  • Options
    Thank you @EmilyLove25 and @burnsmommy27 for the suggestions. I will definitely be trying them. I do find myself sleeping with my hands clenched and the tips have pins and needles when I wake up. Then the pain would set it. I will try not to sleep that way if I can help It!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    @ReadytoRun77 I feel
    your pain. Every week I swear I’m getting sick but JK it’s just pregnancy congestion. Relentless. AFM, when baby girl kicks or punches my bladder it HURTS. At least I think it’s my bladder because she’ll move low down in my pelvis....then I’ll have the urge to pee and then this weird painful cramping/spasm feeling right after. WHY. 
  • Options
    Just like with DS, I have no BH at all so far. With DH, no BH and nothing. And then it was for maybe 12 hours from the time I started having regular contractions and there he was... Just to say that no BH does not have to mean long labor or anything! If nothing happens again this time around, I am just going to go with my body doesn't do BH because it's too lazy for them.

For symptoms, I have heartburn, some sciatica that comes and goes, back ache is fairly normal, but usually only after a day of a lot of sitting. Baby bladder is a thing here, as well. I wake up multiple times at night either from being kicked, being thirsty, needing to go to the bathroom - or because I need to roll over and can't do that in my sleep anymore. At least, the last few days I have been able to get up by myself again. Before that I had to ask for help -.- Yesterday, the kicking and boxing was so painful I had tears in my eyes, so I hope that doesn't happen too often.
    DS 7/13
    MC 2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Back to 1st tri exhaustion. I am just so flipping tired and then I'm up til like midnight 

Also 2nd time this week I've cooked dinner for the family and then had zero desire to eat. DH said I thought you just had a headache, not sure what that has to do with eating. Oh men... thanks for the sympathy 
  • Options
    After work today, I was feeling so much pressure in my pelvis it was making me worried for preterm labor. Once I got home, drank water and laid on my left side for an hour it went away, but I think it’s just from the weight of the baby and the way he was sitting. Maybe he has “dropped” like I hear people talk about!
  • Options
    I came here to talk about my hips like @cyanope mentions. The joints feel unstable at times and it is freaky!

acid reflux is killing me but I tell myself it could be worse.

Noticed that my feet are a little swollen. I have very skinny, bony feet normally. I didn’t have any swelling with DS until my due date.
  • Options

So weird. I was out for brunch today and my whole bottom half was completely swollen. Like I haven’t seen my feet that size before. I literally was sitting on my butt eating pancakes. Then I got clammy and pale. Has this happened to anyone else? 

First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    @ollydolly I haven't experienced that but the clammy and pale would worry me. Did walking or putting your feet up help? 
  • Options
    ollydollyollydolly member
    edited December 2017
    @kelk5 yes feet up helps a lot. I swung by a store and did the blood pressure thing...was a wee bit high. As for the pale and clammy  - I think I might have had a weird low grade panic attack when I saw my feet. Several hours later and I'm feeling a lot better! 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better @ollydolly