December 2017 Moms

Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/24-12/31) - Week of 12/4

Hi, guys!

What's your EDD? 

This week we can finally say, "Three weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy?
Me: 29 || DH: 29
TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020

Re: Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/24-12/31) - Week of 12/4

• What's your EDD?
    12/30

This week we can finally say, "Three weeks left!" How are you feeling about that?
    Freaked! But super excited. And stressing about the stuff (which, honestly, isn't much and most could be done after she's here, but still) that we still need to do.

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 
    Anchoring furniture/hanging stuff in the nursery and packing a couple more things in the hospital bag. OMG I just realized DH still needs to get his TDAP! Gah now I'm going to stress about that every day until it gets done (we were going to go on a Saturday, buut at this point I might make him go tonight after work, lol).

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc?
    I have one today! GBS swab and she said she'd check baby's position and my cervix. Nervous for the cervix check.

Rants/Raves? 
    Rave: Just how close we're getting! And as always, seeing how excited DH is to be a dad. We ordered a Lillebaby carrier (a family friend said she'd gift us her used Ergo, but apparently she's not bringing it until she comes down for Christmas and I didn't feel comfortable waiting that long especially if she forgets) and DH tried it on last night with a stuffed animal, lol. He's super stoked about babywearing.
    Rant: NIGHT SWEATS UGH. Woke up twice in the night and then this morning nice and sweaty. Yay. (I know, I'm a broken record.) The pelvic pressure isn't fun either.

How not horrible it's been. I ended up being one of the lucky ones without morning sickness and really with minimal unfortunate symptoms. The past few weeks have been the worst I've felt just because getting bigger is uncomfortable. And the rants above.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • oncape100615oncape100615 member
    edited December 2017
    @MJDsquared - the night sweats. WORST! Woke up last night several times and had to basically towel off my shins. 

What's your EDD? 12/27

I little freaked. I just want a crystal ball to tell me exactly when this baby is coming so I can make holiday plans. If I feel “the same” on Christmas Eve we might make the drive to my parents for the day because they have a big party with my whole family, I’d be so bummed if we stayed home only to have this baby stay put until January n

Well, DH gut the baby’s room this weekend and consequently there is crap (furniture, baby gear, boxes) EVERYWHERE. So I guess a good through cleaning and reorganizing is in order. Room should be done by the end of this weekend. 

37 week-we tomorrow. Should be fairly uneventful. They don’t do a cervical check until 39 weeks. GBS was last week. 

Rants/Raves? Just going to repeat rant about my Christmas Eve party FOMO. Universe just please let this baby come a week before Christmas or not until my due date.

Being my third, I thought that I would gain the most weight and look 9 months pregnant from like 5 months on, but somehow I’ve gained the least amount of weight, and I can still wear some of my Non-maternity flowy tops. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What's your EDD? 
    Christmas!

Well yesterday was a really good day, and I felt so happy. I was just having a moment in time where I was "ready" and full of energy. But then I got terrible sleep last night and woke up to a driving rain that always causes our window to leak. Today is going to be LONG, I have work and then a CPR class for 3 hours tonight. So, basically it depends on the day. 

Ready, Freddy. My coworkers keep bringing me more gifts, which is so awesome. Even people I don't really work with directly. For example, I might be acquiring a winnie the pooh snowsuit from someone today. lol.

Thursday I have a regular check-in with my midwife. My GBS came back negative, yay! My iron counts are going up, yay! *shovels some more spinach down throat* I asked a ton of questions at my last appointment, so this week I think I'll just mention that I still have a little pain under my right rib cage, and see if my midwife recommends that I get another ultrasound after all to check my gallbladder. 

Rants/Raves? 
    Rant - bad sleep
    Rave - we can use our master bathroom shower starting tomorrow - the new shower enclosure looks amazing!

How early I started feeling uncomfortable (possibly just because of my fibroid situation around month 5). How sensitive I am to the changes going on in my body, and how all-encompassing the process is of prepping for the baby. Seems like if I had any major stressors in life this would just be too much to handle. It has been eye opening. Makes me want to support mothers-to-be who are in vulnerable places in life. 
  • @muskratbaby - I had my gallbladder out (via emergency surgery) about 9 months after DD was born, and the gallstones/blockage was the worst pain I've ever experienced (it blew contractions out of the water). I had three "episodes" that all occurred in the middle of the night/all night before driving myself to the ER one morning at like 5am. Also, my son was ALLLLLL up in my rib cage for the better part of my third tri, which caused some fairly consistent discomfort in the same area. Just wanted to share my experiences, but definitely consult your midwife to rule out anything! :)
  • What's your EDD? 
    12/26
    Three weeks seems too far away.... I'd be happy with next week... 
    Pack hospital bag, and make final preparations at work. Everything else is pretty much done, or can be ordered on Amazon. 
    37 week apt. on Thursday. I think it'll just be a normal checkup plus cervix check. GBS was last week... My BP seems to be going up a bit, so I am preparing myself for a 24 hour urine test. DH has to go out of town for less than a day next Monday, so I'm hoping if the mention of induction comes up we can push it back to Tuesday... but then again it probably wont be up to me.... 
    Rants/Raves? 
    Rant- My pelvic pain is back, and I had my first run-in with reflux last night... but it was definitely my fault of eating Mexican for both lunch and dinner.... 
    Rave- The baby gifts keep coming in! It's so nice, but now I have more thank yous to write. 
    How unusual it is, and different from anything else a body goes through normally.... It's crazy what the body can do in just 40 weeks... I've been surprised with generally how good I've felt overall. Although, now I feel that coming to an end... 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • What's your EDD? 12/31

This week we can finally say, "Three weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? Good, and nervous! My mom will be here on 12/30 to help for 3 weeks, so I'd love it if baby could be here, oh, anytime between Christmas and 12/30 LOL

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? Only kind of urgent thing left is to put the PnP in our room. Otherwise, I think we are good. Mentally I'm not prepared though. All the logistics/arrangements with DS and the "unplannability" of all that is making me a bit crazy.
    Oh wait, duh. Kind of a big one here--we still don't have a name either :D

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? It's tomorrow, doing the GBS test. Yay. Next week I think they are doing a short ultrasound though to check position and estimate weight, so that will be nice.

Rants/Raves?  Just so, so tired of this hip pain at night. And not being able to sleep on back or stomach.

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy? Hmm, this is my 2nd, so nothing too surprising about the pregnancy so far. It's been pretty similar. I'm thinking maybe this labor/birth will be different though if my water doesn't break on its own like last time. Other than that, biggest surprise so far was finding out it's a girl. I really expected boy.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @MJDsquared I hear you on the night sweats! UGH! I had them last time, and they only got worse after DS was born and hormones were going crazy. I'm sure it doesn't help my boobs are huge now and end up practically suffocating me as I lay on my freaking sides all night long. I just love a sweaty neck!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • maddilattimaddilatti member
    edited December 2017
    What's your EDD?
     New Years Eve!

I'm all about a well cooked, full term baby but with all the lovely swelling I've been having I'd be okay if he wanted to arrive a little early.
     Getting the crib set up. Hopefully that will take place this weekend.

I go Thursday and will be 36 weeks, 4 days. I don't think a cervical check is planned but since I've been having so many contractions I think they may opt to.

Rants/Raves?
     My work always does a Christmas party during office hours. The office shuts down, we go to a location and are served lunch, play games, receive presents, play dirty santa and receive our Christmas bonus. They planned it this year on a Tuesday, a day I don't typically work as I work MWF. They acted completely floored that I couldn't make it due to not having a baby sitter and then said well just bring your daughter. No thanks, at 9 months pregnant I don't want to chase my two year old around and watch her have a melt down because she can't open the presents.

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy?
    Honestly, how fast it has flown and how much smaller I've remained. I've had about the same amount of weight gain as my first pregnancy but look noticeably smaller this go around.
  • What's your EDD? 12/24

This week we can finally say, "Three weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? Well, I'm simultaneously freaked and also proud of myself for being relatively prepared.  I'd say overall we are READY to have baby with us, but I am NOT READY to give birth. 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? We're getting a new (to us) car this weekend so we've been putting off installing/inspecting the car seat until then.  I think that's the biggest non-negotiable thing left to do.  I still intend to prep freezer meals, but won't die or anything if it doesn't happen. 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? Just got home! Everything OK. Baby is extremely low (she could feel the head with her finger!?) but not dilated at all.  

Rants/Raves?  Like @oncape100615, I think the unpredictability is killing me.  Long story short I went into this thinking I'd have a scheduled CS, and now I'm not, so I'm frustrated that my Christmas is going to be lame and sad out of fear of going into labor and then she'll come on like... the 29th.  Also my MIL and my mom both have birthdays dangerously close to my EDD and I'd really rather not have to deal with a birthday baby situation either.  Basically I want her to come on like Dec 20th and we can have the best Christmas ever. 

GTKY: What was your biggest surprise about pregnancy? Honestly? I am normally a larger girl pre-preggo, and because of that (and my raging emetophobia, of course) I really "put off" TTC for longer than I should have, because I was so scared if I didn't lose the weight first I'd get YUUUGE pregnant and just be a giant sad blob forever after.  Well, I never lost the weight pre-pregnancy, yet somehow I have stayed relatively normal looking and gained less than 25 lb.  Not trying to #humblebrag because I genuinely did nothing to deserve this, but nevertheless I remain shocked.  
  • @elcd458 - I pick the same date when I explain this anxiety to people! Just come on 12/20 so I’m home for Xmas with my other kids!!

I also just realized about 20 minutes ago I could go into labor ON CHRISTMAS. In my head I’m always thinking “before” or “after” and my 4 year old and 2 year old won’t know if Santa comes on the 26th or the 28th...  But what if “Santa comes” and I go into labor in the middle of the night before Christmas morning?! What would we do? Hide the presents? Just kidding kids he’ll be back in a few days?! Bah!!!
  • What's your EDD? 
    Christmas Day 

Excited, but feeling like shit is going to get real! 

Finish packing the hospital bag, set up baby monitor and re-install the car seat. 

Same old same old. GBS was negative. Next week is the cervix check. I want to know if my high risk ob will let me go overdue or if my stereotype of high risk pregnancies is that they won’t. I’m really hoping to be home for Xmas with a baby. 

Rants/Raves? 
    I’m super uncomfortable sitting in some chairs.. my family Xmas’ are 40 minutes out of town on the 16, and another on the 17... in good weather. Last year it took us 2 hours to drive home from the one. So I’m not inclined to want to be that far from my hospital and be uncomfortable.. but all my family seems to think we have no reason not to be there. 

how much I haven’t minded it. I thought pregnancy would be dreadful, I’ve had my tough days, but it hasn’t been that bad. 
  • What's your EDD? 
    12/28

I am Free!  Free to go into labor an d stay at home at any time! I hadn't realized how much I wanted this homebirth until 33 weeks when the idea of potentially having to go to hospital for preterm became real. 

Right now my biggest concern is getting the house is order now that my in laws have finally (mostly) moved out. Things are a mess but we have our space back and that is so freeing.

Just had an appointment today. 

Rants/Raves? 

My son turns 6 today! It is amazing how fast they grow up.

How tired I am. All. The. Time.
  • sjissjis member
    edited December 2017
    @alysapuggles we’re in the same boat. I’d love for the baby to get here after Christmas but before the new year.

What's your EDD? 

12/31

Time has flown by! I’m ready but not! DD who will be 4 years old in two months really loves her sleep as do I and DH. I’m going to miss the routine we’ve settled into the last year! 

Also, this baby better wait until after I’ve seen the new Star Wars movie  :D 

Just setting up the PnP in our room. I’m feeling pretty prepared with all the stuff, just not prepared mentally.

Had an appointment today for gbs test and to go over the birth plan. So far baby is in position but haven’t dilated at all yet. With DD, I was two weeks late and gave birth to a 9lb baby. The dr reassured me this time she won’t be letting me go over my due date. Yay!

Rants/Raves? 

Rants: pelvic pain and major sinus pressure that is making my right ear ring and feel like I have swimmer’s ear. 
    Rave: I love feeling the baby move and kick, I’m going to miss it since this will be my last. 

just how different each pregnancy is. My first was smooth sailing. This one I had morning sickness and is way more active. He loves to punch and kick. Also how no one seems to care the second time around! Ha!