Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 12/4-12/8

Re: Weekday Randoms 12/4-12/8

• @jrm_14 Your gifs never disappoint. :)

The buses have all been running late today because of the icy roads, and it's really a pain! I gave up and am making MH come pick me up on his way home. Also I regret not having replaced my tires sooner. What are you all up to today?
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went to Nordstrom Rack to try to find a Christmas present for DH. Bought Sorel boots for myself instead  :o 

@jrm_14 Oooh are you guys renovating your bathrooms? 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jaylii Those classes are so needed! That's great that you get to teach them. Some of my college students could use basic tech classes too. I taught them some Microsoft word shortcuts last week, and one girl got really upset that no one had told her about the page break function before. :)
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited December 2017
    @jaylii @darkstar42 Love that commercial :D Also, love those classes!  There is such a need for those. I hope that people utilize them!  I learned some mad research skills (read world translation: google skillz) in undergrad. I wish someone had taught me Word and Excel!  In addition to the research/library skills, too.  
  • @jaylii that's so cool that you're a librarian! I love the library!
    @eleven_ Sorel boots are the best! I totally support your purchase for your winter comfort and safety. 
    @darkstar42 our roads just got icy too. It is terrifying. You probably deserve some Sorel boots too if you don't have any. 

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out today, anyone have any recommendations for soft food? I stocked up on what I could but everything seems so sweet. Has anyone done any blended soups that were decent?

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• @matryoshkadoll - ugh!!!! I hate dental work :( I had mine removed when I was younger (I had extensive oral surgery to widen my upper jaw and they just took my wisdom teeth out while they were in there). Recovery's not so bad but stay on top of your pain medication and you'll be fine.

As for soft foods... I ate mashed potatoes, Campbell's soups (like chicken and stars since the noodles are so small), and yogurt. You can liquefy food too if necessary. If your family is eating chicken or burgers and you really want it too you can throw the chicken in a food processor and add chicken broth until the consistency is acceptable. I had lap band surgery so I learned that trick to get through the mushy food stage. It's not as delicious as eating it without grinding it up but it works.
  • I'm getting my wisdom teeth out today
    I survived on oatmeal, pudding, mashed potatoes, and applesauce. I would think any creamed soup would be fine, so long as it has no chunks - like broccoli soup would probably be a bad idea, but tomato would be ok! 
  • @wishiwaspreggo - hope you get the stand mixer! I love mine SO much! the new beater they have (with the edge scraper) actually works really well and you don't have to stop so much and scrape down the sides. highly recommend. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 - everyone I know raves about their Kitchenaid mixers and I've been coveting one so hard. I see recipes I think look great but then I see the cooks pouring the mixtures in the stand-up mixer and get sad because even if I stood there and did it all by hand it probably wouldn't turn out as well because I don't have the stamina to mix and knead like that. Oh, and they have pasta attachments so you can make fresh pasta all on one machine. WAAAAAAANT. I really hope it pans out. I've been excited since DW told me about shopping night!!! I will be so sad if there are stipulations or exclusions that prevent me from scoring a super bargain.
  • I haven't bought the pasta maker, but I have the slicer/shredder attachment. The dough hook is my favorite by far, lots of homemade bread and pizza dough. FX you get one! You'll totally love it. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • I love my kitchen aid stand mixer!  MH bought it for me when we were dating & he said he couldn’t afford a ring at the time- so I was pissed lol. I baked and ate my sorrows away and he had a ring I didnt know about for shortly after!  

@catlady2015 I don’t live my dough hook. Do you have the J hook or the S hook?  I have the metal J one. 

I also second the scraper attachment! I love either using that or the regular one to shred meat. 
  • @jrm_14 - I have the metal J one, too. I admit it doesn't always get everything from the bottom. I usually stop once and scrape the bottom and then I'm fine. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 What breads do you bake?  Link to my favorite in spoiler! I use it for bread, for rolls, for bierocks- everything!

• *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @wishiwaspreggo My kitchenaid mixer is seriously one of my favorite kitchen appliances.  I use it so much.  I hope you can get it for that price!  That would be amazing!

@matryoshkadoll I hope you are recovering well from the procedure.  I like to make minestrone soup and then I use an emulsifier to blend up all of the veggies into teeny, tiny pieces.  That would make it easy for you to eat!

@catlady2015  Yum!  I love freshly baked bread, but I do not make it as often as I would like.  I will have to check out those recipes!

• DH got me the professional sized kitchenaid mixer for Christmas two years ago. I freaking love it. And the day I discovered you could shred chicken with it totally rocked my world. @wishiwaspreggo were you able to get one?!

@jsnakehole Was this at one of the book fairs? I loved those as a kid. Actually, I went to one with my TW niece at her back to school carnival this summer and I wanted to buy her all the books. There's just something about those that brings back great memories.
  • I got a new fitbit last week, and today it needing charging for the first time. I go to grab the charging cable, only to discover that my cat frickin ATE part of it. He chewed all the way through the cord. Little jerk.
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited December 2017
    @darkstar42 ugggggh that little shit. 
    A Christmas ornament I made in 5th grade was knocked down & torn  apart yesterday. My guess is cat knocked it sown & dog chewed it.  :s
  • You guys are all so awesome and creative I thought I'd check in here first before hitting pinterest up, does anyone have a good holiday cocktail recipes? I'm going to an ugly Christmas sweater bunco party this weekend.  I thought I would bring a fun cocktail with me. My go to is usually wine but I thought I'd mix things up! 
  • @galactickates I love apple cider and bourbon. Maybe a little extra cinnamon. It can be hot or cold.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • You guys are all so awesome and creative I thought I'd check in here first before hitting pinterest up, does anyone have a good holiday cocktail recipes? I'm going to an ugly Christmas sweater bunco party this weekend.  I thought I would bring a fun cocktail with me. My go to is usually wine but I thought I'd mix things up! 
    I don't have a cocktail recipe, but bunco?! I thought the only person who played bunco was my mom!!!! I've never heard anyone else talk about it before. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited December 2017
    @offtoneverland I haven't played since I was little.  Last year I tried to organize a bunco night but interest was low. I don't know why!  It's so fun.   I'm actually really excited and looking forward to a fun night out.   I barely remember how to play though. 

@meggyme - thanks for suggestion!  Yum! 
  • Drooling! Pinterest is seriously the best!

• @galactickates. So fun! Bunco is awesome.  I saw an idea on FB for that involves sparking grape juice, champagne, chopped up apples, chopped up grapes, and pomegranates.  It looked very festive!
    Also, @meggyme’s idea of apple cider and bourbon sounds good.
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited December 2017
    I made cranberry mules for Thanksgiving (mine sadly was a virgin). But I think it would work well for Christmas too.

ETA, does anyone else notice their alcohol tolerance changes with hormones?  When I was first TTC, and I wasn't menstruating I couldn't even get buzzed, once I started provera, it stopped.  Then today DH and I were at lunch and I had an old fashioned and was really tipsy really quick.  Maybe it's the meds? Or that I haven't been drinking.
  • @holly321 absolutely. My tolerance varies so much based on where I am in my cycle. 
  • SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited December 2017
    @galactickates Mobile so sorry for the annoying link but I’m making this punch for my party. 

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56844/jingle-juice-recipe/

ETA

@holly321 Yes! I rarely get drunk off wine but if I do, you can bet it’s an AF day. 
  • MH & i have both been ill this week. I have a nagging cough. He keeps turning up the tv volume every time I cough. I’m going to TP him reaaaaaaaal soon. PMS is on the way.  
  • @SkilledSailor jingle juice looks delicious and right up my alley!  

@holly321 - I was checking out some of the holiday inspired mules on pinterest. I love the mugs they get served in!  
  • @SkilledSailor Yum!  That looks delicious.  Don't forget to send us invites to your party!  ;):p
    @galactickates Did you decide what you might make?
  • I’m thinking about organizing our basement. It’s a complete disaster. Anyone have any good tips? Or things that have worked for them? 

Ours is unfinished. I am not sure where to start. We have so much crap. And why are plastic bins so darn expensive?! 
  • @meatballs37 I am by no means an organizing expert, but when you go through the items in your basement, I would separate them into 3 piles: 1) to keep, 2) to give away, and 3) trash.  You can use cardboard boxes to temporarily separate them.  Once you know what you want to keep, you could buy bins.