January 2018 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating 11/30

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 11/30

• Options
    Quaker overnight oats for breakfast- yum! I’ve tried all three flavors and they are really good and pretty filling :)
  • Options
    Nothing really seems appealing at all, ugh! Last night I made buttermilk waffles in my new waffle maker with butter and marionberry syrup.  It was delish, but I am also craving Mexican and hoping to get it this weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't eat dinner without puking and am often too rushed for breakfast (with DH traveling I'm exclusively in charge of the animals and DD... he travels half next week and then I get a break), so lunch is where I shine. The ONLY thing I want these days is sweet potato sushi. WHY? 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 Ugh that sounds terrible, I'm so sorry about the puking! Do you like overnight oats? I make them the night before so I can just grab them in the morning when I am in a rush, if that helps at all! Also, I LOVE sweet potato sushi...well I love all sushi but since the choices are limited, sweet potato roll has been my bff!
  • Options
    Actually going to eat sushi today and I'm sooooo excited!  Granted I have to limit my choice but it's still totally worth it!  @EmilyLove25 I'm not puking (sorry about that for you) but I could skip dinner the majority of the time!  Have you tried a shake you can grab on the go for morning commutes?  
    Also @jaclyn0405 Mexican has been my ultimate craving alllll pregnancy!  I could eat it literally every meal and be perfectly content!
  • Options
    DH texted me to tell me he's actually making dinner tonight for the first time in forever and I'm not really excited. It's chicken and veggies which is fine but right now I could really just live on PB&J and chicken noodle soup. 
  • Options
    @conineml I've had sushi a few times, the cooked rolls and crab rolls have been my go to, I CANNOT wait until I can get some nigiri though, I told DH if I go into labor on my own I want to stop on the way to the hospital to get some lol.  He's not as on board with the plan as I am.....

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 yes!!  I've eaten it a few times just to get the fix but it's just not the same since you can't get the good stuff  :D close enough but still doesn't completely erase the craving!  I told my DH we were stopping on the way to the hospital for some sort of food once I go into labor and he thinks I'm absolutely ridiculous and crazy and actual quote "you're going to deliver this kid in a drive thru"...hate to break it to ya but it's prolly going to be a long process (AKA why were stopping to get food on the way  :D)
  • Options
    Has anybody tried pretzel crisps? They're amazing. We just discovered our local grocery store has like a million flavors and now we want to try them ALL. It's been my snack all week though.
  • Options
    @schaze I’ve been eating them with hummus and with peanut butter lately (just the plain ones) and I’m loving them!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    Yes love those things @schaze. I like the spicy ones in the orange bag (can't remember the flavor right now)
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy That sounds SO good.

I'm at 130 oz of water for today, been thirsty AF. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long night of trips to the bathroom
  • Options
    I’m all about the Mexican too. Gah I am really craving Chipotle lately. Is it irrational that I’m afraid to eat it due to the food scares they have had? I have a real fear of food poisoning and think about it every time I eat out!
    Also, had a Trader Joe’s choc lava cake in bed just now. Couldn’t taste it at all due to this cold I have, but damn I wanted it anyway.
  • Options
    TInman87TInman87 member
    edited December 2017
    @jakobaby I don't think it's irrational at all! There is a Chipotle across the street from the hospital and I vetoed it from our post-delivery mall list for that very reason!

Edited to add...DH is out of town, so I had cinnamon rolls for dinner, no shame!
  • Options
    @jakobaby A word of warning on Mexican: I had it on September 16th, 2015 (DH's birthday) and ended up having DD on September 24th, 2015, so I was over 8 months pregnant. I remember that night almost as vividly as the night I gave birth. THE ACID REFLUX and PAIN were the worst I've ever had! Lol lol. I seriously bring it up ALL THE TIME. Hahahaha I've never regretted something so deeply! 
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 the possibility of the acid reflux from the mexican that I have been craving is probably the only reason I haven't indulged yet! I have been craving it for over (2) months now and since the heartburn has gotten so bad (but is now stabilized with Prilosec) I almost don't want to risk it! Oh to eat normal again hahaha!
  • Options
    Mexican is first on my list of food for DH to bring me after this baby is out! Although I may have some earlier since Mexican was the last meal I ate before my water broke. Haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sbishop426sbishop426 member
    edited December 2017
    Ahh Mexican food! I bought an Amy’s cheese enchilada meal for lunch and can’t wait to eat it. I know I’ll pay for it later 
  • Options
    I ate Mexican food last night. I eat it at least once a week, because it's a staple in my town/in my home (San Diego). I NEVER regret it! Hahaha. 
  • Options
    Damn... I might go to chipotle now. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Y'all... I randomly HATE Chipotle this pregnancy... it started around 15 weeks. Super sad because I work in a food desert and that's one place they have... hoping I like it again when this LO exits my vagina. 
    *TW*

• Options
    I had chipotle for lunch today too! I would eat it 3 times a week if I could... :#
  • Options
    Chipotle burritos were one of the only things i could eat without wanting to puke my brains out during 1st trimester. I haven't had it in forever now (I shake my fist at you gestational diabetes!)
  • Options
    lmmjdlmmjd member
    edited December 2017
    I guess my FFFC should be chipotle is ok at best. (But I did have Mexican last night it it was amazing. I could eat it all day every day.)

Edited because words are hard and tense matters.
  • Options
    I agree with Chipotle being just okay but it’s been a few years since I’ve had it, I prefer Freebirds. idk if Freebirds is as widely known but the queso is legit and there’s more options for toppings 
  • Options
    If DH was down for breakfast food every night, I’d eat it every night. I have never liked eggs in my life, and now I beg him to scramble me
    some eggs or make me a bologna (gross to a lot of people, I know) egg and cheese. 
  • Options
    @whitta1218  I regularly make breakfast food for dinner, like weekly basis sometimes. Easy, cheap and good 
  • Options
    @whitta1218 - I love bologna. In fact today all I wanted was a cold bologna sandwich with mayo, side of lays, and a pickle. I'm thinking that'll be pretty close to the top of my list of things to eat after delivery. That and ramen with poached eggs (I miss a good runny egg). 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I couldn’t eat Chipotle with DS. It didn’t taste good ever and I tried numerous times! After delivery, all was well again.
  • Options
    Carbs and cheese are about all that appeals to me (and fruit). I had a bagel w/ cream cheese for breakfast. Grilled cheese & tomato for lunch. Pastina for dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @sbishop426 we just got a freebird here and I keep meaning to go. 

Also so I took DS on a mommy son date so I could have chipotle. Sweet baby Jesus. Never again till this baby is out. The food. Amazing. The company. He made me want to stab myself in the eyes. It’s like he turned two and flipped an asshole switch. I’m sorry. He’s an awesome kid but like tonight I was not about it. So. After the baby is out we can start our dates again. None till then. 

Edit. Spelling 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yesterday I ate top ramen for lunch. I told DH what I had and he was like "we have better food you can eat, we're not broke right now." I was like "I did not want to think about what I was eating for lunch. I just wanted to eat and quickly." It was so good you guys. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy I am all about some Top Ramen but I've only had it once or twice since I got pregnant because it's just not the same without the poached eggs I usually add.It's near the top of my list of things to eat after delivery.
  • Options
    Oh man, I love me some of the really spicy kinds of ramen. Any of the picante flavors..YUM.
  • Options
    @schaze - I go pretty plain with the actual ramen but I almost always add sriracha!
  • Options
    I'm so tired of this "always hungry but there's no space in my body for food" feeling. I just can't eat when it feels like this kid is gonna pull an Alien and burst straight out through my belly any minute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies