And846And846 member
edited December 2017 in July 2018 Moms
New Week! Let's Chat 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions? 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? 

Re: TTGP Grad Thread - Week of 12/3

• How far along are you? 6w2d

How are you feeling? Good today. The last few days i was SOOO tired. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? 10 days, y’all! 

Rants/Raves? Finally feeling like i can muster the energy to do tasks outside of going to work. Hello, good store, i missed you. Rant...it needs to get cooler. It’s still 80° here.

Questions? I feel like i should be accomplishing tasks before or right after the first appt but have no idea what to do.

GTKY: Id really like a cricut so i can make my own vinyl designs on cups or iron on design for shirts or whatnot. I feel like the possibilities are endless. 
  • How far along are you? 6w5d

How are you feeling? I have a bad cold, again, and still sore boobs but other than that I have been ok. Peeing all the time sucks though, Im up every 2 hours through the night. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Ultrasound on the 11th.

Rants/Raves? We went to the christmas tree farm for the first time today. It was a great experience. So much fun! Rant: I wish it wasnt going to be Monday already. 

Questions? Nope. 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?
    Im not sure. I havent really thought about itnas Ive been worrying about what to get everyone else. Maybe a trip somewhere...disney or the beach?
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • @And846 80 degrees! Wow! It was in the 50s today here but is supposed to drop to the 30s this week. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @And846 - Man I wish I could have 80's temps are going to drop in WI this week. to the 20-30's, and I an not excited!
    @busymommy23 - I haven't even put up our Christmas tree yet. Usually I do that on December 1st...just been to lazy to go down to storage to get it. haha.
    ----------------------------------------
    How far along are you? 8w4d

How are you feeling? Pretty good which is a huge surprise to me.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Dating Ultrasound on 12-06-17 in the afternoon!!

Rants/Raves? Kind of a mix of both...totally in the meat aversion phase been really grossed out by most meats.

Questions? Not that I currently can think of.

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? Honestly, haven't though about much, been so busy being on baby mode that I am more excited to tell people than wanting presents.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @ajsanders-2 oooh! Appt is so close! I bet you are excited!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @busymommy23 - I am very excited! The NP I saw last week tried a bedside ultrasound, but couldn't see a whole lot. Which was fine. 
  • That is how my u/s went last week. A few of the ladies here said that it is normal so now just waiting until the 11th. It is so hard to wait!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Ok. Getting over a stomach virus. Felt like my boobs were no longer sore this weekend which had me worried. It’s so exhausting to worry about every symptom and even more about the lack of symptoms.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? 12/12 is the next u/s

Rants/Raves? Happy I’m over this bug. Was supposed to do Christmas decorating this weekend but couldn’t due to being sick so I’m looking forward to that this week!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? Haven’t really thought about it. I feel like this pregnancy is all I wanted.

@And846 where are you? I am in FL but I don’t mind the 80 degree weather in December!

@busymommy23 I wish we had tree farms here! Would love to go cut down my own tree lol. Hope your cold gets better soon.

@ajsanders-2 Hope you get a good look at your peanut and all is well. Let us know how it goes!
  • Sorry ladies, I’ve been working the night owl shift and finally had some decent screen time today. 

@busymommy23 your appt is so soon! Are you getting excited?? And send some of that 30° weather down to me! I’m so excited for my first appt!

@ajsanders-2 have you told many people yet about babe? when did your food aversions start? I feel like my appetite has just dipped, no cravings or aversions yet.

@safire3 i went through the same boobie feeling this weekend as well! I think i googled EVERYTHING and finally peed on another stick and told myself to chill out. Your appt is the day before mine - exciting! I am in Florida age i desperately want to wear a sweater! 
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Not too bad. Bloated, indigestion, zits - but for the most part doing well. I'm feeling a bit anxious that I'm not feeling worse, but trying to remain calm and remember that every pregnancy is different. I don't remember exactly when the nausea and exhaustion really hit last time so it may still be early for me.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Not until 12/19

Rants/Raves? Just got my email with our photo with Santa we took over the weekend and it's super cute - much better than I expected! We'll be taking some family photos with a friend next weekend to try to get some last-minute christmas cards (maybe more like new years cards at this point) done. I've been feeling self-conscious lately so hoping they turn out well.

Questions? I'm generally terrible at thinking of good questions!

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? Paid Parental Leave would be nice! Would love a vacation before baby #2 comes.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @And846 I think the only thing to think about with respect to 1st appointment is to try to come up with all the questions you have for your practitioner. As far as other things go, there are some good pregnancy checklists/timelines out there for ideas - but I would just take some of it with a grain of salt. A lot of those suggestions are totally optional.

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• How far along are you? 6 +5

How are you feeling? Nauseous, bloated, sore muscles. Occasional cramping but that has calmed down. Nervous as hell that I haven't had an ultrasound yet.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Thursday I have one at the low intervention birth center, which will not include an ultrasound as far as I know. My next appt got moved to 12/28 because even though DH ok'd the date of 12/22 the first time, he realized it was the Friday before the holidays and he couldn't take two hours off work to watch DS while I go. Fair, but still frustrating. I'll be 10 weeks.

Rants/Raves? Lots of rants today. I am really having and issue with the no ultrasound. With DS, I didn't get one until 13 weeks. I knew my dates and everything so they didn't do a dating ultrasound, and the midwives I used didn't do them unless you did testing (only reason I got testing). I didn't even care. That was just that, probably because I didn't believe anything would be wrong. Now I am like, WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ULTRASOUND UNTIL 10 WEEKS? And I don't even know if I get an ultrasound at that appt (just assuming because its a 2 hour appt and what the heck will they talk to me about for that long?) because when I called yesterday to reschedule we got disconnected every single time I called I couldn't even get the question out. I was so frustrated I gave up. I hate that we don't have service at our house, I can't even make calls if I switch to Google Voice which is supposed to use the internet. We have pretty boss internet so that should work. I just actually really hate this house, and this adds to it. END RANT OMG.

Questions? 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? A gift card to a local bookstore. I would love to buy books without feeling guilty about it. OR A FREAKIN' ULTRASOUND lol.

@And846 Cricuts sound so overwhelming to me! Are they easy to use? You CAN do so much!

@ajsanders-2 it is 40 here and I am like, this is NOT NORMAL WHY ISN"T IT 20 AND WHERE IS MY SNOW. I will regret that next week, when the high is supposedly going to be in the 20s with snow possible almost every day. 

@safire3 ugh it seems so many have a stomach virus! Glad you are on the mend.

• @SmashJam girk, I’m with ya on the u/s. I better get one at my first appt. i need one to feel settled and more at ease. I’ve researched the cricut and watched several YouTube videos...looks so complicated but it looks like if i can learn it, it will be a time and cost saver in the long run.

@mrsinterweb i think i need to do that. The book i have has a few questions but not a lot. Also, how long does first appt typically last? 
  • How far along are you? 6+2

How are you feeling? Sooooo so so exhausted

Any recent/upcoming appointments? U/S on the 16th. 11 days!

Rants/Raves? Boss is working from home today. Wooohoooo!

Questions?  Nada

Tumi Calais backpack. Literally it could have my name on it since you can get it personalized :)
  • @And846 - Only people who know are parents and a couple of friends. The rest of the family will know on Christmas! Food aversions just started last week, but I cannot remember which day.
  • @And846 I live in Florida because I hate all things cold. You will get your wish though since there is a cold front coming at the end of the week. Not looking forward to it!

@SmashJam this is my first so I don’t know much about it but I have heard about ultrasound boutiques where you can go and pay for an ultrasound if you really want to and don’t mind the price.

@mrsinterweb I like the way you think. I would love to get paid maternity leave since I’m not even getting that!
  • busymommy23busymommy23 member
    edited December 2017
    @safire3 This is the first year we've went to a tree farm. We normally get a real tree but it is usually from a precut lot. We didn't have to do any of the work at the tree farm. They did it all so we just gave tips. They also offered a free visit with Santa, free hotdogs and hot cocoa, a bonfire that you could sit around, and a free horse drawn carriage ride through the farm. It was an amazing experience and the kids had a blast. 

@And846 I am super excited for my appt. I have been worried because my symptoms weren't as strong but today I have severe nausea and a headache so I am kind of regretting worrying about it. 

@mrsinterweb: oops! I read Paternity and it said Parental. BAHAHA. I'm blaming it on the horrible headache I have today.

@SmashJam Boo for having to moving appts but 10 weeks should be a good picture if you do get an ultrasound. Who is your cell carrier? We had the same issue when we had sprint and had to call them. They ended up sending us a booster to help the signal in the house. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • How far along are you? 6w2d

How are you feeling? Starting to feel icky.  Exhausted, slightly nauseous.  

Any recent/upcoming appointments? First ultrasound tomorrow!  

Rants/Raves?  This is a big week and I feel like I'm a ball of nerves.  My first u/s is tomorrow and my annual review at work is Thursday which always makes me a little nervous.  And our work dinner is that evening (which is at a fancy restaurant with AMAZING food) so I'm looking forward to that.  But I'll have to decline any alcohol so hopefully, that doesn't raise any flags.

Questions?  Nope

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?  I'm pretty sure DH bought me the Dyson stick vacuum I've been asking for!  The only other thing would be AirPods.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did I write Paternity leave? Oops! That was a slip up. Meant Paid Maternity leave for me. MH actually gets 8 weeks PFL (plus unlimited PTO, seriously!) at his new job, but I have limited PTO and disability at 2/3 pay for 6-8 weeks. I really shouldn’t complain though. So many people have way less than that.

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• Thats awesome! I have to use all my time I save and once it runs out i will use fmla but that is not paid. I wish it was more but I work for a mental health non profit agency so I cant expect alot.
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Did I write Paternity leave? Oops! That was a slip up. Meant Paid Maternity leave for me. MH actually gets 8 weeks PFL (plus unlimited PTO, seriously!) at his new job, but I have limited PTO and disability at 2/3 pay for 6-8 weeks. I really shouldn’t complain though. So many people have way less than that.
    No you didn't. I just do not know how to read. I thought it said paternity....it said parental. :) oops! Sorry!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @mrsinterweb I also read it wrong. That is awesome what your H gets and what you get is not bad either. I get 2 months unpaid leave and my H gets nothing. My contract will be up for negotiation before then though so I’m wondering if I can push for 3 months but it will still be unpaid.
  • @safire3 out of desperation I looked one of them up and the closest is about 1.5 hours from me and $75. I finally called my docs office again and I don't get an ultrasound at my first appointment, they won't do it until 13 weeks if I choose to do the testing. My appt is actually just two hours of talking and I think they said they'll do a pap but the phone cut out a little, and try to find the heartbeat on the doppler but I swear I've never had someone find it that early. 

Super frustrating oh well, nothing I can do! 

@busymommy23 we have verizon, and we've tried one of those signal enhancer things but last time it didn't work for us because we live in the woods and the direction the thing had to face was covered with trees. I guess that impacted it?

@Sarafuss yay for a fancy dinner! Hopefully no one notices you declining booze!
  • @safire3 I hope you are able to negotiate more time off! It sucks that it is unpaid. I hope I didn't come across as sounding ungrateful for what I get with my employer and insurance. I was going a bit too fast this morning when I wrote that and probably could have chosen my words more carefully. It was really more of a xmas wish for more time. I wish everybody could get paid time off during such an important time!

@SmashJam your Dr's office sounds a lot like mine in terms of timing of appointments and ultrasounds. I'm so sorry you have to wait and it's causing such anxiety.The waiting is hard. 

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• @And846 my friend has a Cricut and she made me a cool monogram decal for my Yeti tumbler.  She can do so many cool things with it!
    @busymommy23 I've been daydreaming about a beach trip lately.  Even my 6-year-old asked if we could go to the beach soon.  I wish!
    @ajsanders-2 good luck today! My u/s is today too!
    @safire3 I'm sorry you caught a stomach virus (those are THE WORST).  But I'm glad you're feeling better!
    @mrsinterweb every year I think I'm going to attempt sending out Christmas cards and I always drop the ball.  I'm sure your pictures will turn out great!
    @SmashJam that whole situation sounds so frustrating!  Any chance you can pretend you're confused on your dates when you go to your first appt and ask for a dating ultrasound?
    @nimmle it's so funny how having the boss out of the office can make a big difference.  The atmosphere is so much more relaxed!
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I definitely thought about doing that! I probably wouldn't be able to get away with it at the birth center depending on the nurse who is there, the one who took my history and I talked about temping and charting and all that at length and she was so excited I knew when I ovulated and my last period, etc. The big hospital didn't ask so I might be able to get away with it there! 
  • My u/s went well!  One little baby measuring 6w5d (I thought I was 6w3d) and a heart rate of 127.  I would feel more reassured if the heart rate were higher.  The u/s tech said that the heart just started beating so it's slow and it will increase.  But it was measuring 6w5d and I have had three different u/s at 6w2d and the heart rates ranged from 140's - 180's.  I got the feeling that she doesn't see very many u/s this early.  I usually am seeing my RE at this point and this was my MFM's office.  Anyway, I'm thrilled that we have a baby measuring on track with a heartbeat!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • US went well today! 1 little nugget growing! Measuring at 8w6d on the nose, and HE of 176!
  • Yay for great ultrasounds @Sarafuss and @ajsanders-2
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @Sarafuss and @ajsanders-2 woohoo on great ultrasounds today!! 
  • Yay for great ultrasounds! @Sarafuss at my ultrasound at 6+1 I asked for the HR and my RE was in the room and said the actual rate has no bearing at that age so they don’t bother to calculate it. He just looked at it and said it looks fine.

@mrsinterweb no need to explain. Unfortunately pretty much none of us in the US get adequate maternity/ paternity leave. What you get may be better than what I get but it is still woefully inadequate so I don’t blame you one bit for complaining about it! We all need to complain until we get something better.
  • @safire3 that makes me feel better, thanks!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss @ajsanders-2 So jealous of your awesome ultrasounds. Still got 9 days to go.
  • Ive had a busy work day and logged on to see so many *TW - I’m out posts* and they make me now terrified of my first appt more than excited as i had been previously. Anyone else feeling that way? 
  • @And846 - I get that feeling too! I don't meet with my OB until January. Everything looked fantastic on my US this week, but it is still in that area of anything could happen. 
  • @And846 I hear you. The posts along with the fact that my symptoms have been mild so far are definitely creating some anxiety. Yesterday I POAS just to make sure it would still turn. That was reassuring, but I feel paranoid for doing so!

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• @And846 definitely feeling the same. I told my DH and he’s trying to convince me to take a bump break because it’s making me so anxious. I told him I will avoid clicking on those posts. One of them also said she was still having symptoms although the baby stopped growing 2 weeks ago so that really shook me also. I feel so awful for them and I worry so much for myself. I actually bought more tests this week so I can keep testing so I don’t consider you paranoid at all @mrsinterweb
  • @safire3 and @mrsinterweb that shook me too, about still having symptoms 2 weeks after growth stopped. I’ve also done the same thing, POAS, just to reassure myself.

ive also been very mild on the symptom side, @safire3. Just tired and sensitive boobs. I almost want to feel a little sickness to reassure myself it’s real. 
  • I am with you ladies. My anxiety has been horrible today due to these posts. My appt on monday cannot come soon enough but I am super scared that something is gping to happen. :( my symptoms have been very mild lately but i havent poas so I feel like i am just out in limbo until monday. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • Exactly how i feel. My first appt is Wednesday where i am scheduled to be 7w5d