July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms pt2 (12/6-12/7)

Not sure we need a second one this week but..  
Be random. 

Re: Weekday Randoms pt2 (12/6-12/7)

• I’m bummed that my due date got pushed back. I know it doesn’t mean anything and that everything is healthy and I’m so super grateful for that, but I don’t like having to back track. It also means that I have a chance of having baby on DH’s birthday and I’d like to avoid that. 
  • @hillbillywife I’m so crazy about dates and times and scheduling, that would bum me out too. It’s like no! I’ve already done that! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m bummed that my due date got pushed back. I know it doesn’t mean anything and that everything is healthy and I’m so super grateful for that, but I don’t like having to back track. It also means that I have a chance of having baby on DH’s birthday and I’d like to avoid that. 
    My due date got pushed back by 5 days but I didn't change any of the tickers or anything that I have.  My dr said more than likely it won't matter in the end, so it didn't really matter if we changed it or not.  We just went with what the baby was measuring.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @hillbillywife I am sorry that you are feeling bummed though, it's totally understandable!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @hillbillywife I went through the same thing and whined in the ultrasound thread about having to "do over" almost a week of pregnancy. I get how you are feeling! 
  • @hillbillywife my due date got pushed back too per my first US. So far I am not changing anything and in my head and all my apps and tickers it's still July 15. Maybe it's denial or just refusing to add any more time to a looooong process but I'm waiting to see how we measure at the NT scan on Jan 4th. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hillbillywife dang! I'm sorry you got pushed back. Maybe he/she will start growing fast soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the love ladies! I bake my babies late and I was induced with both of them, so the bright side to this is that maybe I’ll get to go into labor on my own this time. Hopefully for all of us we don’t even notice as our pregnancies progress!! 
  • @acunamatada love your GIF- this is something my H would do.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am NOT looking forward to the daycare search. A lot of ours in town are on a long wait list, so the sooner the better that I start deciding. But, I don't want to think about going back to work after maternity leave and I haven't even met my baby yet! lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the love ladies! I bake my babies late and I was induced with both of them, so the bright side to this is that maybe I’ll get to go into labor on my own this time. Hopefully for all of us we don’t even notice as our pregnancies progress!! 
    Good point! I was a week late w/ DD and I got induced. It ended up being totally fine but I'd like to avoid it this time. I think that my body and baby were nowhere near ready last time and I had so so so much pitocin pumped in to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just need some advice ladies! The doctor I had picked out has another emergency on Monday(when I was supposed to have my first appointment) this is the second time this has happened.. I feel so bad for whoever is having the emergencies, but me& my hubby both took off Monday& now they want to change my appointment to Tuesday.. I'm considering trying to find somebody else! I just don't know
  • @mrsj1215 is there any way you could see another doctor for just that visit and still get in that day? That's so annoying! 
  • That stinks @mrsj1215, especially if this is the second time it's happened. This may sound callous and is not the point of your questio. but I wonder what the emeurgency could be where they know about it 5 days in advance. 
  • @amylu914 that what I was thinking! @mrsj1215 wasn't their last cancellation in advance too? Sounds like they overbooked and are covering their butts
  • @mrsj1215 yeah I would ask to see another dr same day i agree it is weird about an advance notice emergency 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @hillbillywife I totally hear ya! Doc pushed my date back 6 days which I had a feeling he was but we wanted to wait for my next scan to confirm. Totally not excited to re-do a week! Plus this puts baby due 4 days before my birthday!
  • @mrsj1215 If this is happening for your first appointment, what's going to happen with your birth? It sounds like they're overbooked. Too many clients is a real thing for delivering doctors.
  • I want to build a gingerbread house for the first time. From scratch. I found a recipe but would appreciate any tips and tricks people have!
  • @christycalifornia that's how I was feeling too.. I can't imagine it being like that my whole pregnancy! I got an appointment with a different doctor! 
  • @mrsj1215 I am so glad you got in with a different doctor. It's hard enough working appointments into your schedule as is, especially towards the end when they are so frequent. Hopefully you don't have to deal with the rescheduling anymore.

• @christycalifornia Good luck! They're so intimidating!
    I'll be making a house with DS this weekend too! But already cooked and assembled because the gingerbread party host is a freaking angel. 
    I asked her a few years ago how she manages- she uses silicone molds but said the hard drying frosting is most important. 
  • gspmom21 said:
    I am NOT looking forward to the daycare search. A lot of ours in town are on a long wait list, so the sooner the better that I start deciding. But, I don't want to think about going back to work after maternity leave and I haven't even met my baby yet! lol.
    I hear this! We have four daycares in our suburb and only two that I would actually use. I visited them both at around 13 weeks last time and each one only had 1 spot left for the timeframe I needed. I would recommend starting soon if it’s a known thing that the wait lists fill up quickly in your area!

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• The day where I need to buy a new bra has arrived.   :s
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I want to build a gingerbread house for the first time. From scratch. I found a recipe but would appreciate any tips and tricks people have!
    I have never made one, but I definelty want to see a pic when you're done!! I think they're neat!
  • @coco2787, ouch! (I’m guessing your breasts are in pain, like mine?). Though I’ve only grown about half a cup. 

@gspmom21, I hear you on the daycare search—everything fills up so in advance here, so people search for home daycares first and get on waitlists for other ones. Wish there were more good ones around!
  • Thank you @amylu914!! I'm optimistic about this new doctor!
  • Bedrest is officially the worst. I am only on day 2... send help!
  • @Crystal321 I missed this. How long are you on BR for? Is this for a SCH? 
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited December 2017
    @amylu914 this is day 2 of no leaving the bed bedrest. Yes it's for the SCH. I figired I should show improvement, but there has been more bleeding today. I think the constant probing made it worse, so I am just trying to suck it up and hope for the best. I am beside myself with worry though 
  • What are you all using on your belly? I know there is not way to prevent stretch marks but definitely helps with the itchiness later on. I really like Burt’s bees mama oil. I love the citrus smell.
  • I am so sorry @Crystal321 I'm sure bed rest is awful as is, let alone the continued bleeding. I hope it resolves soon. When's your next appt?
  • @amylu914 it is on Monday. I just went in yesterday and the baby was fine. I am just hoping a week of rest will give it time to heal
  • Oh good @Crystal321. Sending lots of healing vibes your way. I hope youre able to enjoy the downtime at least a little bit, even though I know that's hard to do she it's forced. 
  • @Crystal321 hugs hugs hugs that is so hard! hoping for healing and restoration asap for you!! 

• @Crystal321 ugh, I'm sorry, bedrest sounds rough. That must be so frustrating. Hope you find some creative ways to pass the time and keep your mind off things.
  • I want to punch my husband tonight. ugh!! all i wanted to do was watch netflix tonigt and he decides he wants to watch stupid slow mo videos. why must men be so selfish all the time?! I always ask him or pick a show we both could enjoy

• @wildtot currently I’m just using the palmers cocoa butter stretch mark lotion. I haven’t seen the Burt’s bees mama oil. I’m going to have to look for that. I don’t love the scent of palmers so it would be nice to have something different even if I just use it on alternating days. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 tell me about it. I get stuck with cooking shows all the time. 

@ashbub714 i find it at target in there cosmetic section. They have a body butter too but in general felt gross and sticky with any lotion. My skin seems to like oil more