July 2018 Moms

PGAL (Pregnant after Loss) Check In, 12/3

SmashJamSmashJam member
edited December 2017 in July 2018 Moms
Hey guys! I know the board org. say to do this Wednesday but I started it Sunday last week so I'm just gonna keep that going.

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  

4. When is your next appointment? 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why?

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc?

Re: PGAL (Pregnant after Loss) Check In, 12/3

• SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited December 2017

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  6+ 3 ETA: milestones. December is a hard month for me. Today was my due date. Dec 15 I was induced, Dec 16th DD was born, Dec 21 we took her off life support. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) : Nauseous, somewhat crampy, food aversions like whoa. I I tweaked a muscle somewhere and the pain is bugging me all down my left side, from my neck to my butt cheek. Also, TMI, pretty sure I gots a hemorrhoid. Ugh.  

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  : 
    I'm not anxious PGAL wise, but I am anxious in general when things don't go as planned or people are around for a long period of time. I had to get my tires switched for studded winters and it took EIGHT HOURS for them to get both cars done. I thought it would take 2, so my dad, who was helping me, and I ran out of things to do with DS and I was so stressed, lol.

12/7

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  My first appointment which may or may not include an ultrasound (its 2 hours long, so I think it must) is 12/22. TW this is the day after my daughter died END TW. I am worried to have an ultrasound that day because what if I get bad news? On one hand, part of my says oh, you can't live your life around these milestones and never do anything that might turn out bad around that day because you need to live your life! But the other part of me is like, this is the first year and I might be a MESS so do I really need something else sad around this time period? I don't know. Also I'll only be 9 weeks and the appointment has to be between 8 and 10. Doing it the week before will put me still solidly within the 5 days we were in limbo on her living or dying and doing it the week after means I wait another week. I will likely keep the appointment because I am trying to jump into this pregnancy with both feet and enjoy every day that I am pregnant, and what else can I do? Thanks for reading the whole book, lol.

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? Team both. I was never team dog, until I lived with my friend who had an awesome one. Then when we stopped living together I really wanted to get a dog and now i have 4. I like that dogs can be played with and are super friendly, but I also like that cats love you on their own terms and kind of eff with you all the time. 

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc? THis was a selfish addition to the thread. I lost my mom January 2015, before my son was born, and while xmas without her is hard we had a really good on the year before she died. I honor her by making a lot of the stuff she would have made for dinner and making cookies with the cookie cutters she gave me when I got married (tradition). The one I am less sure about is my daughter, who died 12/21 last year. We have a candle my cousins got me that their mom used to honor their sibling who died of SIDS when she was young, and we lit it during Thanksgiving. No one even asked, so it was just for us and that was nice. We will likely do that again. But we didn't celebrate xmas with anyone last year and that will likely be remembered, and I don't know if everyone else in the family will also need some sort of closure? And if they do, I don't even have any ideas of what to do because I don't want it to be overshadowing of the entire rest of the experience of the holidays? So, trying to see if anyone else has traditions they use.

ETA: I might be on team dog now because I am crying and the crotchety dog who generally shuns the pets and love just very cautiously walked over to be next to me on the couch, turned his back on me so I could pet it, and then when I stopped walked away. The cat is still at the other end of the couch, oblivious. lol

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  7 weeks

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) fine for the most part. I have been having SCH bit I am being closely monitored and I haven't bled in 2 days now

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  actually I am pretty optimistic 

4. When is your next appointment? Monday, which I am excited about since my actual RE will be there doing my US

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? Neither! Actually we have 3 cats... i love them but it's too much sometimes

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc? I don't do anything special tbh. I deal with grief by internalizing it, which isn't the best, but I don't want to drag others down

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

I'm 9 weeks today. It's still the furthest I've ever gotten in one of my pregnancies.

Still quite nauseous, but worryingly, most of my breast pain has disappeared today. Is this normal at 9 weeks?

After feeling optimistic for a while, I'm now anxious again. If anyone has any experience with boob pain suddenly going away and having a successful outcome, I'd appreciate knowing it. My first two losses were missed miscarriages, and I think my symptoms started getting lighter but were still there. I'm hoping this time is different.

On Tuesday morning I see an NP for my first prenatal with the OBGYN team. I'll mention my concerns to her. I don't know if she'll try to listen for the heartbeat or if there will be another u/s before my 11-week appointment. I hope I'm freaking out over nothing.

DH is telling me not to worry. I know that he's right, that worrying won't help, but it's really hard to turn off the PGAL brain. Sigh!

Team cat all the way! (Though honestly this may be because I've never lived with a dog.) DH and I both work a lot, so I'm not sure that we'd have time to properly care for a dog anyway. Our chubby orange tabby is grouchy around other people but very sweet around us. Right now she's sitting on top of the couch blinking at me, a sign of affection.

• @sm05-2 symptoms come and go. I wouldn't panic too much about it. You are creeping up to the 2nd tri where most symptoms vanish for a while. I know it's hard, but try and relax!

9+3

I've noticed my symptoms have been getting better, I've had more energy and less nausea  

Pretty good, got to hear the HB on my Doppler Friday and scheduled my NT scan for the 21st

Next MW appt is 12/14, my NT scan is 12/21

Surprisingly blah lately- quick work rant... We repainted the shelter FRIDAY and one of the residents (who has 5 kids) children ALREADY scribbled on the walls. 

I LOVE my dog but I'm definitely a cat person. My fluffy cat is just so sweet and comes when he's called like a dog and loves to be loved 24/7. (Other cat not so much) But overall I'm an animal person in general, I even have an asshole b&g macaw that I love. But I hate fish. 

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc?

+1 for internalizing grief. My due date was in January, I think the fact that I'm pregnant again will help. I really felt I'd never have a normal pregnancy again. 

This isn't holiday related but I have a necklace DH gave me on Mother's Day (also the day I started misscarrying) with two little baby feet meant to signify our two babies at the time. I still wear it all the time for our lost baby. 

• @sm05-2 my symptoms have been getting better too, since about 9 weeks. 
  • Thanks, @acunamatada and @Crystal321, that’s reassuring. 

8 wks tomorrow according to recent U/S

Feeling better now had super bad nausea and bloat over thanksgiving but now i want to eat everything!

Part of me isn’t as anxious to wait another week for U/S since spotting stopped but the fact I’m feeling more normal concerns me. Acne is really the only thing that makes me feel a bit better that everything is ok. 

Dec 11

Disappointed at how my tater tots came out this morning.

Cats, they are just cleaner and less needy.

No traditions for lost ones. I just share memories. My grandma past away on my bday so that probably the only tough celebration i have aside from the loss/edd of first pregnancy. 

• Has anyone not buy anything baby related? I haven’t even gotten myself to get the freebies. I’m kinda waiting till my next appointment. 
  • @wildtot no freebies here, but mostly because I plan to bf again and I really really hate clutter. I have been looking into new baby things I'll want, but haven't bitten the bullet and bought anything yet. 
  • SmashJam said:
    Hey guys! I know the board org. say to do this Wednesday but I started it Sunday last week so I'm just gonna keep that going.

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

10 w tomorrow. Friday will be my hump from last time (10w4d)

Less nauseous, still a little tired. Boobs still hurt. Lots of stretching/cramping, big blump by nighttime!

I'm not necessarily anxious about another m/c, but just about another baby in general. I'll feel better once my family knows.

12/11 is my first appt at 11 weeks. U/S and testing on 12/14

I MISS MY VINO!!!!!!! 

DOG ALL THE WAY!!!!! I'll like a cat that acts like a dog. I just love to snuggle and my dogs are good for that. I'll stop and talk to every dog I pass.

Nothing really. We lost my BIL very suddenly on January 8 of this year. It'll be a tough first holiday season for my sister, my nephews (5 and 9), and our family. 

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wildtot the only thing I've bought is the maternity BOGO 50% I got today because it was a good deal. Just a few basics though, and I'll keep the reciepts. I'm starting all over, so hoping to get some things passed over my way from friends!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  7w 3D

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) soooo sooo tired some smells make me feel a little sick

I seem to be burying it for the most part. Although every time I go to the bathroom, I stress about if I am going to see blood.

Wednesday will be my first appointment. I am sure as soon as the US starts I will blurt our, “just let me know if there is a heartbeat so I can stop panicking.” I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks and I think I am still floored that you could have a loss and still have pregnancy symptoms. 

I think I am fighting a cold. I have to go out of town for two days for business and it just all sounds exhausting.

Cat but not so much anymore. The older cat has IBS and nothing is curing the issue. Gross.

No traditions here.

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  9 weeks 2 days-got to see the little man again this week and he is still doing great :)

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Still nauseous and TONS of food aversions, but generally feeling better 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 
    I feel pretty positive most of the time. This is by far the furthest I've made it with all of my pregnancies except for my son. 

Not until 12/21- will be my 12 week appointment

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) No rants so far today. My husband as actually been super helpful so far this weekend, which is odd. 

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? We have 2 cats and 2 dogs, but are definitely more team dog. Although some days I dream of being pet free. They are honestly more work than my 2 year old..

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc? I definitely think about it more about our losses around the holidays. It seems like everyone around us pops out babies at an alarming rate, which can be hard to be around due to infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss. 

@wildtot I'm terrified to start buying things as to not "jinx" myself. I know its stupid and every baby deserves to be celebrated. Hopefully after the 1st trimester I will feel more comfortable.

• I don't go baby shopping at all until 6 months.. not only because of playing it safe, but I don't need the clutter sitting around.
  • We have a lot of stuff already because of DS and I’m also hoping for a girl. But still not feeling too connected yet. Hope second tri will be more about celebrating.
  • . How far along are you? Any milestones?  

9 weeks according to my u/s last week 

Feeling pretty good today. Have tried to take it easy this weekend (well as much as you can with a 5 yo). It’s been really nice! 

Ok actually. Still super tired but a little less nausea today made it possible for me to get some stuff done. It was pretty nice! 

Dec 26th

I just ate half of a frozen pizza. Whoops. 

Dogs for sure!

Decorations and Ornaments and we have on our Christmas tree remind me of loved ones who are no longer here. My Dad has an ornament that is a painting of the house he grew up in. It always makes me think of my grandparents. 

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @SmashJam I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter. As her anniversary approaches, please let us know if there is anything we can do. Hugs!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  - 7w4d, passed my loss milestone last week

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) - occasional nausea, definitely tired 

- Weirdly calm and optimistic

4. When is your next appointment? -
    Thursday. I need to book an ultrasound though so I might move it..I've been dealing with sick babies for three weeks so it keeps slipping my mind

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  - sold my house (conditionally) and we got our asking price. I'm so pumped  

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? - both! I was a cat person growing up and we adopted one when we moved into our house but we got a dog a couple years after we got married and I loooove having a dog when I'm home alone especially. 

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc? - I have an ornament for my paternal grandmother, I wasn't close with my maternal grandmother. I'm still looking for a way to commemorate our lost baby. 

run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @comealongponds congratulations on the house sale! That was fast (YAY!)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
    edited December 2017
    @wildtot I haven't bought anything. I don't think we need a lot, but still. I am trying to jump into this and pretend like everything will be fine but I am having trouble saying things like, "Oh, that might be hard, we'll have a two month old by then." Ugh PGAL brain. 

@chaser61 I feel like I will likely do the same at the ultrasound! And I check every time I go to the bathroom for blood. 

@comealongponds congrats on the house sale!

@WorkinWeezel will be thinking of your fam this year in January and over the holidays, Unexpected deaths are so hard. 
    Yay to everyone who has passed their milestones, seems like a lot of people! 

ETA: Thanks @stlmegs I appreciate that. Will do. I try to take it day by day and today, I am ok!

• Hi all. I just got an ultrasound this morning- everything looks great. I’m just having such a hard time being positive. My doc said next week at 9 weeks he will feel more confident.

Meanwhile I am on all the progesterone and my levels are at a 19! I am starting to wonder if my last loss was due to low levels. My doc never tested them, but it’s a major possibility.

trying to take it one day at a time here...
  • edited December 2017

I like it on Sundays. Feels like we can talk the whole week that way.

9w 6d

Better! Only had two bad days this week, but I am EXHAUSTED! Still no motivation to cook or eat, but I made potato leek soup and rosemary sourdough tonight, and it tasted pretty ok to my pregnant palate.

Pretty good overall. I’ve felt good since the appointment before Thanksgiving, but get a little anxious before new appointments, which is happening this Thursday, so I’m feeling nervous now. That plus my symptoms aren’t as bad as they were, and that was my miserable fail-safe that things were progressing, so I keep trying to tell myself it’s ok, I’m almost through first tri, and it’s good that I’m lees symptomatic.

Thursday. Meeting the CNM, which I’m excited about. Did an OB last time, and hoping for a less clinical touch this time around.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

I’m so emotional lately. And The Man and I are both under a ton of financial stress, which is awesome. :( Long story short we moved to CO largely because it was less expensive than California and we wanted to get more stable for our future. In the last year we’ve had every financial setback imaginable, a huge run of bad luck with needing to fix/replace expensive things in our house, and counted chickens before they were hatched which led to what ended up being poor choices in hindsight. Basically this year has sucked for us, and as counterintuitive as it seems we would have been infinitely better off had we stayed in California. This move killed us. Absolutely killed us. Not to mention we’re far away from all our family and friends and everyone we love now. It’s going to be an extremely lean Christmas, 180 degrees from where we were last year when we had newly moved and were full of hope and optimism. Now I just feel like I’m serving time, or I’m in purgatory, until we’re able to afford to move back, and I just want to cut our losses and run but we can't. I hate feeling like that. I’ve never been one to not enjoy my life regardless of circumstances or one to look back with regret. I regret that I’m living in regret now.  

Team dog, team cat if my husband would let me, team hedgehog - so cute!

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc?

We tend to just share stories as things come up to remind us. I lost my grandma a few weeks ago, I know I’ll be remembering her.

• @christycalifornia I am so sorry to hear you are in such a stressful situation. It’s so hard when reality doesn’t pan out to your expectations and everything just seems to go wrong. I sincerely hope 2018 brings your guys some good luck, and resolution to some of the issues you are working through. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • edited December 2017
    @stlmegs Thank you, hon. I keep telling myself this is just a phase, a short time in a large life and we'll get through it. It's just hard to see the stability we've been working towards for 12 years go up in flames in one. I really appreciate it. It's an awkward thing to talk about, but it's where I am, and it's pretty pervasively on my mind right now.
  • @christycalifornia I’m so sorry to hear it’s been a rough transition. I don’t want to come off creepy but feel free to reach out if there is anything i can do. I hope the new year is better for your family. No shame in going lean! It’s the love and those around you that matter most.
    edited December 2017
    @christycalifornia we, too, are going through a lean time, adjusting to 1 income, and I often feel like everything we worked towards before having our kids is out the window. But I try and think similar to you, that nothing is forever and this is a short phase in life. We sure are learning lessons from our choices! lol.

ETA: A comma.
  • @christycalifornia thinking about you guys this holiday season- I hope things turn around and you guys get better luck. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @christycalifornia so sorry to hear you're going through financial troubles. We're trimming back this year as well, trying to make up for some bad decisions we made in the past couple of years. Theres no shame in going lean, its sharing love that matters more than anything. I hope the new year brings new hope for you and your family and you're able to make the changes you need to to get back on track and back home. 
  • @christycalifornia sorry to hear you’re going through a tough time financially, and you too, @SmashJam. It probably doesn’t make PGAL brain any easier, but it sounds like you both are doing the best you can. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

@wildtot and others, count me among those who haven’t bought anything yet, and probably won’t until week 14 or so. The one exception is that on Dec. 26 I told DH that I would like to go shopping for maternity clothes, just for the sales at an outlet near us. 
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 7w 1d, this is farther than we were when I had my miscarriage.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) tired, sore boobs, some cramping but no spotting or bleeding. The nausea has been pretty infrequent the past few days which has had me worried. I am trying not to think about it. 

I noticed yesterday that it is pretty high. I dont think it will calm down until my appt on the 11th. I have this fear that whenever I am going to go to the bathroom, I am going to start bleeding. That is what happened last time and I didnt think it was affecting me as much but the feelings have been getting stronger. 

not until the 11th. Dating and viability ultrasound plus I will have bloodwork done that morning. 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  How are you all coping with the feelings of worry and anxiety. I know mine has been getting worse thw past few days and I believe it has to deal with the fact the bloating and nausea has kind of went away. I feel like I am always feeling my boobs to see if they are sore and just checking other symptoms I was having. I also think that it is because we arent telling anyone right now so Im.not talking about it. 

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? Team dog! Weve had dogs since I was little and my DH and I have had a dog since weve been together. We have our second dog now as our first passed away 2 years ago. Ours now is a big nut. 

I internalize a lot of my feelings. The hardest losses I have had to deal with were my granmothers and I swear, even though it has been 8 years and longer, i still miss them dearly and hurt just as much. Christmas time is always difficult but I try to thunk about the good memories we had and traditions we would do and keep those going. 

Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • edited December 2017
    Thanks for all the support, you all, it really helps. I appreciate the heck out of you ladies. It's way less about the things we don't have, and more the stress and just not knowing when it's going to get better. And it helps to hear solidarity and support. Thank you. 
    @wildtot you're totally right. Sunday our pastor gave a really great and surprising sermon on hope (surprising because at 34 years old, I feel like you've heard one Christmas Season sermon series you've heard them all, and this was really fresh) and it took me back to the first year we were married. That year we were totally broke, could hardly afford a tree, and had no money for ornaments. I passed out fliers to all our friends for a come-and-go cookie party housewarming, and said in lieu of a gift, to bring us an ornament from their tree to decorate ours. I baked twelve kinds of cookies, and over the course of four hours at least 70 people/families made their way through our 600 square foot apartment, and at the end of the day our tree was filled with ornaments from people who loved us. I was the Grinch after his heart grows three sizes, and it was the first year I really knew, deep down, what mattered during Christmas. These years are hard, but it's always good to be (forcibly :) ) reminded that it's not what you have that matters, it's who you have and who you love. 
    @SmashJam that is such a transition! We did that a few years ago when my daughter was born, and we were much better off then, and it's always hard. Hard not just to adjust to the one income, but the new kind of life with no outside work. I still feel like I'm transitioning. 
  • @christycalifornia thats sounds like an amazing group of family and friends! I hope the waters settle for you to be able to enjoy you holiday season. 
  • @christycalifornia that is truly beautiful. 
  • @christycalifornia that was one of the most beautiful Christmas stories I've heard in a long time. 
  • edited December 2017

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  7 weeks today. I've gotten past my 5 weeks milestone, but my next one is 11 weeks.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)  My sore boobs are not that sore anymore. More so in the middle of the night. I've been slightly nauseous twice now (which were both super exciting!). My cramps seem to have mostly subsided. 

Super up and down. Most of the time I'm feeling pretty dang confident, but I'm super anxious today.

I had my first midwife appointment yesterday. They are sending me to an OBGYN to talk to them about progesterone cream. Also I'm going to be getting an ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  I don't even know. Blah...

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? Cat all the way. But I love ALL the animals.

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  Should be 7 wks tomorrow but I had US last week and only measured 5w1d when I should have been 6 wks    We go back tomorrow to see if viable 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) have sore boobs occasionally but that’s about it

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  I’m nervous as hell   

4. When is your next appointment? Tomorrow 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  I spent the last two days away at a training for work   I was very antisocial as everyone kept asking how I was and what was going on   Every time someone asked me I just wanted to burst into tears so I avoided all social activities after training   Then came home to find that my 17 year old cat had a stroke and couldn’t walk so I had to put her down last night So sad   

6. GTKY- Team Cat or Team Dog, or Team other animal? Why? We are both   Have a dog and now just one kitty 

7. Bonus TW Filled GTKY: The holidays can be a difficult time for anyone who has lost a pregnancy/child/family member, regardless of when the loss occurred. This GTKY is about missing family members as well as loss of pregnancy or child: How do remember those lost to you during the holidays? Do you have a tradition you incorporate to remember them, periods of reflection, etc? I have lost a lot of family over the years, dad both sets of grandparents and have had two losses in the last year and I’m in limbo right now so this season could be a very difficult one.  I bought a garden stone for each of my losses with their dates on them so I can visit any time I want.   Usually go to cemetery to visit with my family and always mention them in our holiday prayers 

• @Mack2342 I'm so sorry about your kitty. It's so hard to lose a pet. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Mack2342, so sorry to hear about your cat, that's devastating. I hope you get good news at your appointment tomorrow.
  • @Mack2342 oh my gosh I'm so sorry about your kitty, it sounds like she had a long wonderful life but it's never easy to lose a pet  :'(