July 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

• @amylu914 I feel like workers should just know to give extra sauce. We're all going to ask for it, save yourself some time and just place a few extras in the bag and move along!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited November 2017
    @theincrediblehulk We’re going for my sisters birthday. 
    That still doesn't mean you have to "eat your weight in meat". Order what sounds good.
    Yeah, it kinda does. That’s not the way it works. It’s a Brazilian steakhouse. You pay one price and they bring each meat on a huge skewer to your table and you take what you want. And they keep circling around with different meats. It’s $45 per person, so I would either have to not go at all, or eat my weight in meat to make it worth the cost. Make sense?edit to add photo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hot and spicy cheez-its. All. Day.
  • Quick! General Tsos or Chicken Lo Mein tonight?!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WorkinWeezel both? 

But if I had to pick, Tsos. 
  • @amylu914 stingy saucers are my biggest pet peeve! 
  • @zombiehoohaa looks like someone wamts you to share!
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• Mozzarella sticks. Literally all I want. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  • @WorkinWeezel She actually licked it after this picture, thinking she was being sly. Little shit. She knows she gets a bite of almost everything I eat. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Anything spicy or that I can put hot sauce on.
    captian crunch berries
    m&m’s
  • I had Chinese for dinner and it was SO good. So, so good. If I didn’t get bloated after like, a half portion of food, I would be eating more now. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• @WorkinWeezel yesssss. Carbs are my lifeline and my downfall, especially when I get nauseous. 

imageimage

• Pasta salad, specifically from the grocery store deli.  Or their cucumber and onion salad.

Or hot sandwiches with Duke's mayo & Tallericos hoagie spread mixed and slathered all over it.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Smoked chicken salad w/homemade ranch& homemade banana pudding after.. Very good.
  • I don't even want to talk about it today
    Image result for embarassed gif

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @amylu914 oh MAN that is so frustrating!! Ugh, those Chic Fil A staff really know how to mess with emotions don’t they?!

@elizabethrn87  at first read on your post I thought you said you put hot sauce on captain crunch berries and m&ms. I really like hot sauce so I was like hmm, I wonder......  :D

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • djh513 said:
    I had Chinese for dinner and it was SO good. So, so good. If I didn’t get bloated after like, a half portion of food, I would be eating more now. 

Sames!!!!!!!!!!  I went with the General Tsos :)
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• @WorkinWeezel She actually licked it after this picture, thinking she was being sly. Little shit. She knows she gets a bite of almost everything I eat. 
    LOL yep, my dogs get everything shared as well!  Especially popcorn.  They will stalk me for popcorn.
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• Banana Nut Cheerios with banana slices and almond milk. I wake up every morning and can't wait to get my bowl.

Other than that, serious Asian cravings. I had Thai, Japanese, and Chinese in a matter of two days. My fingers are bloated beyond recognition but I can't wait for leftovers for lunch. Weird having so many salt cravings. With my son, I had sugar/sweet cravings. You just never know! 
  • Kenya715 said:
    Banana Nut Cheerios with banana slices and almond milk. I wake up every morning and can't wait to get my bowl.

Other than that, serious Asian cravings. I had Thai, Japanese, and Chinese in a matter of two days. My fingers are bloated beyond recognition but I can't wait for leftovers for lunch. Weird having so many salt cravings. With my son, I had sugar/sweet cravings. You just never know! 
    Cheerios with banana sound amazing. I know what I’m having for breakfast! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Today was EMBARASSING. I started off good with Raisin Bran, almond milk and banana. Then I had pizza rolls, a Wendy’s cheeseburger and Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate.  :s I’ve had no appetite for weeks and today I was suddenly ravenous and craving EVERYTHING. Planning on a salad for dinner to try and temper the insanity lol
  • I'm so sick all the time. All I can eat is chicken noodle soup, and bagels. Apparently, carbs are where it is at for me! 
  • There's this hamburger place in my small town. The guys wife is from Vietnam and on Saturday they make pho. It is seriously the best thing you've ever put in your mouth I just had a big delishes bowl and all I can think about is getting more next week. 
  • I'm still wild with my non buttered bread and olive oil noodles.... I'm going to make lasagna tonight and I hope I can eat it!
  • Peppermint bark ice cream and frozen pizza were my dinner. It has not been a healthy day! Hopefully tomorrow I will still be feeling ok and I can eat healthy....
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • French fries. I. Can't. Stop.

• edited December 2017
    Started off on a good foot with a spinach and egg white omelet for first breakfast, and oatmeal for second breakfast (this pregancy js turning me into a hobbit). And now, Garbage. Just feed me all the garbage today. We don't usually have junk around the house, but today I'm tired and apparently will only eat extra hot Cheetos and cinnamon toast crunch. Not together of course. I'm going to regret both later. 

@paytonpedro ugh, that is tough. I totally get it when you say eat your weight in meat to make it worth it. Hard to do even when you're feeling 100% normal. Does the one you're going to have really interesting salad bar as part of it? I would just pick through and eat what I wanted, especially if is something I wouldn't cook at home. Like the grilled pineapple, I never make that at home, but always eat it at one of these places. If that doesn't work, maybe the servers will be cute and you can just think of the $45 as an admission fee for some eye candy?
  • I am having the hardest time eating. I don’t have MS.... just have zero appetite for anything. 
  • I need to get my eating under control. I'm not a health nut but definitely try to eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit and stay away from boxed junk and crap. Recently it's been too many burritos and burgers for me. Somehow my weight was a couple of pounds down at my appointment but I really don't want there unhealthy habits to stick. I want to stay fit throughout this pregnancy and not gain too much. I also want to have professional family photos done in the fall after this little one is born and I want to feel confident with how I look. This is turning in to more of a rant than a what I'm eating post, sorry! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually eat so healthy but since I've been pregnant all I've wanted was sugar, sugar and more sugar.  DH made cookies last night and that was dinner lol so bad.
  • All I've been thinking about since waking up this morning are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies @babygagnon2018. I'll be baking some later today and probably eating them all myself (with some toddler assistance I'm sure  ;))
  • Help! I can't find anything to eat really. I have been feeling so sick this week. This is my second pregnancy and with my first I needed to eat to feel better. Now I am sick and sometimes hungry and can't think of anything I want to eat. Last night I had applesauce and watermelon for dinner. I have had a headache I am pretty sure caused by dehydration because I am struggling to drink too. Laying still is the only thing that makes me feel alright. I have lost pounds this week already ( I can afford to lose more so I don't think this is high risk). I need the nourishment for me, my baby, and to take care of my toddler. Any suggestions would be helpful!
  • acunamatada  omg thats what he made!  I usually hate anything oatmeal but I was legit drooling.
  • @erinkerr13 have you tried adding anything to your water?  I'm a lime freak.  The other way I stay hydrated is brewing decaf hot tea and then chilling it in the fridge (aka decaf iced tea with lemon)  sorry you're not feeling well :(
  • @erinkerr13 have you thought about making a smoothie? Since you mentioned eating fruit maybe a smoothie would work...and you can really pack in nutrient dense calories with some nut butter, and banana plus whatever fruit sounds good to you.... 
  • @pregnant_and_paleo my husband suggested smoothies. I do have protein shakes for breakfast and that has been a huge source of nutrients but today I couldn’t even get that down. I did get a sandwich down for lunch so I’m pretty proud about that. 

@babygagnon2018 I was drinking la croix water but that won’t go down these last couple days either. I am having a sprite for lunch and that is ok. 

I do do hope I get through this phase quickly!  
  • I've been drinking alkaline water since before I knew I was KU. I have minimal nausea and I want to think it is with the help of the alkaline water. Because our bodies become more acidic with pregnancy, the alkalinity helps even that out. Just a thought to try @erinkerr13

• My previous pregnancy was McDonald’s fries with hot mustard sauce and de pepper 
  • samjjorgensensamjjorgensen member
    edited December 2017
    @babygagnon2018 I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and I’m prettty proud that I limited myself to 2 yesterday and 2 today. But I’ve lost 3lbs so I’m telling myself the extra calories are okay for now hahaha