Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 12/05/2017

GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
edited December 2017 in Trouble TTC
Hi Everybody, 

It's checkin time, congratulations to any BFP's and hugs to anybody who needs one.

Congratulations to @mac627 for your BFP!  FX for doubling betas, let me know when you consider yourself graduated.

QUESTION:  Is everybody seeing these pregnancy and baby advertisements between our posts, or is it just my browser?  I'm thinking about contacting the Bump staff to ask to have them removed from our TTTC boards... it's kind of jarring. If nobody cares then I'll just leave it alone.

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid
vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
MooFish2364 fibroid + endo Rx: surgery + TI

PAGING:
@BWhitta: dx: possible PCOS Rx: letrozole
@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: IVF
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  IVF
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@Kim41313: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Tops-2: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, Letrozole & TI
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@honeybeebub: dx:septate uterus, MTHFR  Rx:  septum resection surgery, baby aspirin & progesterone
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Femara + IUI
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@tinabell8: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IUI w/ letrozole
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@mac627: dx: DOR Rx: IVF
@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@thothscribe81: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@BenJay: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@MicahDahn: Rx: irregular cycles Dx: preparing for testing
@kiwielopingbride: Rx: Unexplained Dx: IUI

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: Holiday decoration plans?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 12/05/2017

• Yay new board.
    Hey ladies.
  • Hi there! As I'm new to the weekly check-in...

I've been TTC off and on for the past six years, with no luck :-/
    As for diagnoses, I've got PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, and fibroids.
    Currently, I'm on Metformin and Synthroid. Due to the PCOS, I'm doing medicated IUI cycles with letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone. 

I'm currently in the final stretch of a tww, putting me at 11dpiui. Totally tried not to test until day 14 or 15, but I broke down this morning and took a test - definitely not the result I wanted to see. Probably (maybe?) too early to rely upon at all, so I'm still holding out hope!

As for the holiday decorations, I'm one of those people who waits until the second-ish week of December and then scrambles to put things up before it's too late. Seeing as I have nothing up just yet, I think I'm right on track with previous years lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @GoldenKeys I don't have any between posts here but I keep getting videos on the main page about pregnancy or registering.  

I had my ERA yesterday and it was painful but I am so happy it's over with.  They say I should have the results in 2 weeks.  Now I just wait for my period to start so we can start on our next FET.  In general I am still having trouble interacting with my pregnant friends and I hate that I am that person but I am.  

QOTW: I am pretty much done with all of my decorating but I'd like to put some more lights outside but it's starting to get colder so that may not happen.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @GoldenKeys no, I'm seeing Zillow & DollarTree ads.   :D 

I got AF the day before I left for my conference in Orlando.  I actually handled it pretty well (for me) at the time; I was able to focus on having a good trip and learning a lot that week.  

But then I had a complete meltdown at church this week b/c the entire sermon was about infertility--the Bible story of Hannah, if you're familiar with it.  I cried through the whole thing then left as soon as it was over.  It's a small church (under 200 people), and most people know us and know about our infertility...they're all encouraging and sweet, but it was still tough.

I am just so tired of being sad.  I never thought of myself as a care-free person before, but man, do I miss those days.  We have our next IUI on Saturday (most likely), which means I'll get the results right before Christmas.  This is #3 of 5 that we plan to do (per the Dr), so I'm trying to prepare myself for what may or may not happen.  Gosh, this is a depressing post.  Sorry, friends!  I really hope your holidays are off to a more chipper start.

QOTW: We decorated our tree, and I put out a couple wreaths.  Since we're selling the house in the new year, it seems a little silly to go too over-the-top with the decor.  And I've spackled and painted everything, so I don't want to attach anything to the walls.  My workplace is very progressive (which is mostly good), but they don't want to offend anyone by setting up Christmas decor, so they forbid it all.  I've snuck in some snowflakes, penguins, etc--nothing overtly Christmas-y.  I wish they'd just decorate for all the holidays, not forbid all holiday decorations.  #firstworldproblems
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited December 2017
    @GoldenKeys I don’t notice them here as much but I do on the IF board. If they can be targeted to other boards, that would be great! Thanks for thinking of it!

@moloninge Welcome! 

@WorldTravler0522 I’m sorry you’re ERA was painful. Did your doc give you Valium—or am I making it up that you were going to ask for it?—and did it help at all? As for the pregnant friends, I hear you on that. I haven’t been to my book club in months because of a pregnant woman in it. I find myself avoiding even people who could potentially be KU so they can’t tell me. I know it feels horrible to be that person, but at the same time I think it’s ok to be “selfish” and do what you need to for your own sanity. 

AFM My WTF appointment is tomorrow so hopefully we get some answers. I’m nervous about telling him we’re gettkng a 2nd opinion. I know that’s totally normal thing to do, but it still feels strange.

And because 2017 just wants to kick me when I’m down, last night DH found a bed bug.  :s Cue panic. *TW* I think I’m handling this worse than I did our CP. *end TW*

We had them 2 years ago (same apartment) so I’ve decreed that we are moving in January and trashing all our furniture. If all goes to plan we’ll be moving and doing another IVF cycle at the same time, which couldn’t possibly end in tears. 

QOTW All of my holiday decor is going in the trash tonight, sadly. I enjoyed it for the 3 days I had it up.
  • Hey everyone! First time posting in the checkin!

1.  How long have you been TTC?
    - It will be 3 years in January (that’s a crappy anniversary) who knows how many cycles due to irregularity

2.  What is your diagnosis?
    - PCOS, hypothyroid (had it removed in 2008)

3.  What is your current Rx plan?
    - metformin, synthroid, clomid...but this might be changing this cycle 

we have done 6 cycles of clomid 50mg which have been unsuccessful. We have known I have PCOS for years and I have presumably ovulated, because I get positive OPK and pains each month. We had DH tested and first SA count was low...just got the new results from his second SA and count was normal but morph was “a little low”. I go to meet with the REs NP this Friday to cover more of a plan. Had a ton of labs done on Monday, so I’ll get those results Friday.

has anyone had to do a 2 hour glucose for PCOS workup? I’m doing that Friday and am kind of nervous about the results...

I’m a slacker at decorating every year. But I work 4- 12 hr night shifts every other weekend (is that an excuse?) So it’s my off weekend and we have plans to decorate! We do minimal outside lights and the tree inside. Then I get lazy and don’t take the outside lights down until March
  • @moloninge welcome to the check in! Sorry to hear you've been struggling TTC, but you're in good company. Hope this is the cycle for you and that your early test isn't accurate!

@Worldtravler0522 sorry that your ERA was painful, but at least it's over with! So exciting that you'll be starting with your FET soon! I totally get not wanting to be around pregnant people. But you need to do what you need to do, and if that means not surrounding yourself with other people's happy news while you're going through this, then that's ok. 

@soehlerk it's completely understandable that you'd get upset listening to a sermon about infertility. Talk about a sore subject! Hoping that this is the cycle for you and that you get a happy Christmas BFP!!

@Bababatty OMG bed bugs??? A big WTF to go with your WTF appointment. 2017 needs to just end. Looking forward to hearing what your doc has to say, and I wouldn't worry about the second opinion. It's definitely awkward but they have to expect it, right? When is your second opinion? Was it set for January? 

@beec2421 welcome to the check in. Hope your stay here is short! I don't have any experience with PCOS, but I hope your work up gives you some more answers.
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • @mac627 Thank you for the welcome and, more importantly, congrats! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your upcoming u/s!

@Bababatty thanks for the welcome!

@beec2421 I'm right with you in the PCOS boat. I haven't, however, had to do the glucose tolerance test. Hopefully it'll be a breeze for you and will provide you with some helpful info!
  • Hey there... new to this board!

1.  TTC 14 months
    2.  Diagnosis: Unexplained but potential lining issue or polyp
    3.  Current Rx plan: Had SHG yesterday.  RE recommends doing a hysteroscopy / d&c next month to remove possible polyp (not definitive on SHG but looks like something there) and to hopefully stimulate good lining growth for the future.  Not sure if we are going to proceed with this plan or not, still researching and deciding.  We will try the old fashioned way this month if I can track peak fertility on OPK.  Wishing life was a little simpler right now.

QOTW: Holiday decoration plans? Can't seem to get the decorating done.  It's about 3/4 done but everything still looks like a mess.  Hope to get it together soon... wishing decorating was a little simpler too... :)

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Not much going on here. My dad got to go home from the hospital yesterday! He is still on a feeding tub and can tolerate jello and liquids. My biggest struggle right now is weight loss. I am just getting so frustrated with my weight! I hate being so fat but changes to diet and working out seem to do nothing at all. I am still the same weight! I guess the good news is I'm not getting heavier, right? Lol!

I do see the ads but they are random for me. I see a lot of pregnancy ones and I agree it is kind of like pouring salt on an open wound. I know we need ads, I just wish they weren't pregnancy and baby related. 

Christmas decorations are mostly up. We still have to do the outside. 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Hi Ladies,
       Nothing much to report over here. I can't seem to find the energy to BD so it makes the possibility of getting KU naturally pretty slim. I think we might* have hit one of the days during FW, after 4 years of tracking I'm totally over it, I don't even know when FW is anymore. 
       On a brighter note we got back our digital proofs from our foster sons first bday/family holiday shoot and holy cannoli the photographer did such a good job! We didn't give her much to work with...FS was ready for a nap, we brought our dog (a 75lb pit) who was cuckoo and I had food poisoning the morning of the photos and she still made us look good. High five to her! 
      Welcome to all the new faces and welcome back to @BWhitta and @Labluver2
      @Bababatty sorry about the bed bugs  :|
      @soehlerk Ive had breakdowns like that in church too. In fact last year one lady actually rubbed my belly in the lobby at church and told me how cute it was. Cue the meltdown. Sorry you had to sit through that <3
      @mac627 good luck at your ultrasound!
      @Worldtravler0522 sorry you're ERA was so painful. Glad it's over and ow you can move on to the next FET.

QOTW:
      I'm with @wishing-and-hoping, we have one tree out of theee done and I have a bunch of decorations up but not nearly everything and I can't seem to make any of it look the way I want. I'm in a mood where right now I feel like saying screw it and just not putting them up. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Hi ladies, I’m back after a year off so I’ll re-intro. We’ve been trying for 4.5 years. Unexplained, MTHFR, possible PCOS. Due to a combo of reasons I thought we were done paying for any kind of tx and stopped everything- tracking, this board, supplements- but I made an appt with my RE to ask about EmbryoGlue and gestational carriers. Randomly one of our close friends approached us offering to be a carrier w/out knowing about my appt or plan (insert emoji of heart exploding). DH and I were speechless for a good 24 hrs and then completely humbled that someone would do that for us. We aren’t moving fwd with her b/c the dr said he is now willing to do IVF on me and she was already scheduled for a mommy makeover this month so I can’t really ask her to wait to see if IVF works and I can’t justify putting her at risk b/c it’s easier/more convenient for me lol. It really snapped me out of my funk though. I’m so blessed! We go on Thursday to sign all the paperwork and pay them for the IVF - eek!!

@GoldenKeys- yes the ads!! They have been bothering me so much- they are constantly there in btw posts and I’m like hello- this is pretty insensitive!!

I’m glad I’m not alone in avoiding my pregnant friends. As if the sadness isn’t enough, then I have to have the guilt and shame of avoiding them!

Xmas decorations are very late this year and DH spent all evening working his disappointment about it into our conversation - ok ok I got it! Very happy to be back - sorry for the long post.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Hi all. I 100% agree about the ads. Not nice to see when you're down :(

Welcome @molonin@wishing-and-hoping & @beec2421 :)
    @beec2421 I've had that 2hr glucose test too. Awful stuff. Thankfully my results were normal though.

AFM - ovulated today. I had a twinge of sharp pain this afternoon too, so I think I may have actually felt it this month :) So the dreaded TWW begins.. fingers crossed (again!)

Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• CD 26 for me. I just didn't have any extra energy this month to devote to timing. I was supposed to start opks (who knows, maybe they'll work now?) on Thanksgiving Day. That didn't work - I didn't want to have to do that at my MILs and then I didn't get up at a consistent time over the long weekend. I was also "breaking in" my sleep apnea appliance (mouth guard, not CPAP) which was 8 nights of wearing it to bed and waking up to remove it (first night, 1 hour, second night, 2 hours etc.) And I got a new job with a longer commute starting an hour earlier. So yeah, sexy times were not up there on my priorities...

QOTW: Pretty minimal on the decorations but more than I have ever done because we are actually hosting this year. I have a wreath on my door but I am waiting until the 17th to put up the rest.

Hope everyone is well.
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• beec2421beec2421 member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @tops-2 ! I’m going today for the 2 hr glucose
  • @GoldenKeys I don't think I ever really noticed them until just now where one told me to "Rock your bump"....and yeah, it sucked.
    @moloninge It's so hard not to POAS...it's like an addiction!  I keep telling myself with this IVF that I really need to hold off until the beta.....and then I laugh because I know that's not going to happen
    @soehlerk I'm sorry you had such a hard time at church.  I can't imagine siting through that whole service...I wouldn't have been able to.
    @eranvo27 I'm so happy your dad is home!!  
    @lablover78 Yay for being able to move to IVF.  I hope this is it for you.
    @Worldtravler0522 Sorry you are having trouble interacting with pregnant friends.  I can relate.  We have one of our staff here that is pregnant with her second (her first is just a little over a year, and both were "oops") that is already quite a sore spot for me.  I swear, every day she has been in the last 2 weeks I've had to listen to her go on and on about how excited they are because they were finding out the sex, and the things they bought, and on and on and on.  I wanted to kick her out of my office but couldn't find a nice way to say "Would you shut the hell up already?!"

AFM......Just trying to get all my stuff organized.  My meds are getting delivered tomorrow so I have time to figure out how I want to organize everything.  I spent some time yesterday going over the list from the pharmacy and the instructions in my protocol to try and suss out which needles go to which med.  talk about overwhelming. 

I'm trying to figure out a two part system for storage...one for at home (which I am thinking I'll do plastic drawers) and one to tote everything for travel as we will be back and forth to Madison and spending nights at his sisters for appointments (I'm thinking a tackle box).  Any suggestions?

We have our last Pre-IVF meeting with the doctor on the 13th to go over the protocol.

I have to admit.......I'm bit nervous about the Lupron.  I start it next week Saturday.  All the stuff I have read talks about headaches as a side effect.  I already have trouble with headaches due to my neck and I'm really nervous that I'm going to have a headache every day I'm on it. 

QOTW: Our decorating is all done.  We broke down and bought those outdoor projectors to use instead of stringing Christmas lights on the house.  It is soooooo much easier.  We got our tree up this weekend and got the rest of the decorations up as well.  I don't have much.  Everything I have seems to be knick knacks that have to sit on something and we just don't have a lot of shelf space for that kind of thing.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @mac627 CONGRATULATIONS!! I don't mind you hanging out until you feel secure enough to move on.  It's good to have your company. :)

@wishing-and-hoping Welcome! I love your gif--I wish it was that easy to decorate a tree!

@eranvo27 I'm glad your dad is home from the hospital!  I wish I had advice for you about losing weight.  I know it has to be so frustrating to be trying and not feeling like you're getting anywhere.  I follow someone on Instagram who subscribes to the macros idea in dieting--e.g., that there's a certain number of carbs, fat, and proteins you need for your body type and goals in order to lose weight.  Apparently she plateaued, but moving to counting her macros and calories instead of just calories jumpstarted the weight loss. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Oh yeah, I understand how you feel about tracking.  I definitely can't summon the energy to even use OPKs anymore.  I only "track" based on CM right now.  I love hearing about your FS--it sounds like everything is going really well with him. :)  

@lablover78 What an amazing and selfless thing for your friend to offer!  I'm so excited for you to begin IVF.  Good luck!  Incidentally, what's a mommy makeover?

@beec2421 Welcome!

@hoffmanr7 Ooo so exciting to get your meds!  I'm sure you'll already do this, but check all your vials to make sure they're filled.  During my IVF cycle, we screwed up a vial--I think of Ganirelix?--because we started injecting the liquid into the powder vial but stopped, and it dissolved so quickly we weren't even sure it was there to begin with.  So much panic ensued and we had to get an extra vial.  My suggestion for travel would be to keep any ice packs that come with your meds tomorrow, and if they send them with the reflective bubblewrap, keep that, too.  That way you can easily keep your meds cool while traveling.

Update from our WTF appointment today: We informed our RE that we'd like to do another ER, do a freeze-all, and transfer 2 during a FET.  He had previously said that after 2 failed transfers, he'd want to transfer 2, but we only have one left so we were left with the option of transferring the last one and then doing another ER if it didn't work, or doing another ER.  He also expressed some slight concern because 2/3 of our embryos have failed during transfer which is likely because they're chromosomally abnormal.  For someone my age, he would expect at least 50% to be normal.  We didn't do PGS testing because my clinic doesn't recommend it for someone in their early 30s, but now he says it's not a bad idea so DH and I will consider it for the next cycle.  I'd certainly rather do that than continue to use my body as the test.  It seems a lot less emotionally demanding. :-P  All in all, I'm pretty happy with our conversation.  We'll be getting a 2nd opinion at the beginning of January, and if he doesn't have any bright new plans, we'll probably continue with our clinic and do an IVF cycle in mid-January.  In the meantime my RE said I could take CoQ10, continue the prenatals, and try not to stress (LOL).
  • Only I would get excited, but...

My doctor's office just called and asked me to come in first thing in the morning instead of lunch time.

I am excited because i'll find out sooner than later how many follicles are matured :D

Let's admit, if I waited till lunch time, the morning would go by sooooo sllloooowwww lol.

• kiwielopingkiwieloping member
    edited December 2017
    Hey ladies. Checking in. I'm in TWW now waiting for cycle monitoring to start on CD1.

Even though there's no reason why this month will be any different then any other month I am still hoping and praying this month is the month. Without any reason or explanation for our infertility I keep thinking maybe it will happen against odds. But realistically I know it's highly unlikely until we are able to move forward with our IUIs or IVF but I still have hope. It's CD23 and my cycles are normally between 21 and 24 days.  

Today my 8 mos preggers employee went on early leave. Not sure if it's better that I don't have to look at the bump everyday or worse because she will have had 2 babies since we've started trying. 

Fx for everyone for happy follicles and sticky beans. 

Question- where do see notifications on mobile? Noticed a couple of mentions/replies but can't figure out where they are on mobile (deleted the app because it didn't work well and my phone is low on space)
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• @eranvo27 glad your dads out of the hospital! Love the optimism of not getting any heavier - glass half full! Lol. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe glad the pics of your FS came out so well! Yay!

@lablover78 wow that’s amazing that your friend would offer that!! And yay for starting IVF! So exciting. Will you likely start in January?

@hoffmanr7 yay!!!! Getting your meds is so exciting! Definitely made me feel better to organize everything. I have an entire kitchen cabinet for my IVF meds lol. I second the idea of keeping ice packs for travel- they really come in handy! I didn’t use the Lipton regularly- only for trigger. But I didn’t have any crazy side effects from it. Hope you don’t get frequent headaches!

@tops-2 good luck in the TWW!

@BenJay that night guard thing sounds like a nightmare! Don’t blame you at all for not being in the mood. Yeesh!

@Bababatty thanks for making me feel welcome! So glad you feel better from your WTF appointment. It sounds like you have a solid plan. The PGS testing sounds like a good idea. You don’t want to go through the same thing again, so if testing will increase your chances of transferring a normie it’s worth it! Will be interesting to see what the other RE has to say in January!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @soehlerk so sorry to hear you had a tough church service.  Sending you prayers you get your BFP soon! 

@Bababatty I did get Valium so I wasn't as nervous or cared as much about it hurting at the moment haha.  As for the pregnant friends my therapist put it in perspective for me and hopefully her wisdom will help you too. :)  After I told her how hard it was for me being around pregnant friends she asked me how I would feel if someone told me that if I were pregnant.  She also asked me if I would be angry with them or judge them and I told her of course not, I would completely understand.  She then said then why do you think any of your friends would judge you or be angry with you?  It's a simple thought but helped me see it differently.  In other words it's ok to take care of yourself in any way you can.  Also good luck with the bed bugs, eek! 

@eranvo27 glad your Dad is home from the hospital, I hope his recovery isn't too lengthy!   Weight loss with PCOS is next to impossible and it is so frustrating.  It's like a cruel joke that the PCOS is aggravated by weight but it also makes it hard to lose weight. 

@hoffmanr7 I keep everything in plastic 3 drawer system about 2 ft tall.  When we were doing stims I had a large plastic tub with a lid on it to keep in the fridge for the cold stuff and then I had a smaller version that I could carry around as necessary.  Both plastic tubs had a handle for easy transport and I got them at Target.  Good luck getting everything organized!  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Well, went in for another ultrasound this morning.

Good news: I have 2 that matured out of the 7. They are a 17 & 16.

Since they are not growing 2 a day, they want to move back my trigger shot to Saturday evening and IUI Monday morning, so that they both can be close to the 20 range.

Bad news: They aren't growing as fast as she would have thought, and that's bad news for me because I am the most impatient person and I just want to be in my 2 week wait period already lol

• @Bababatty and @mac627 Thanks for the advice on the ice packs.  I would have never thought of keeping those.  I will definitely do that!

@kiwielopingbride I can relate to the situation with your coworker.  Since DH and I have been trying, I have had 2 different coworkers have babies twice, and now I have a third coworker who is currently pregnant with her second since we have been trying.  I get to hear all the "it must be something in the water" jokes. One of these days my staff is going to find me guzzling water straight from the sink.

@Worldtravler0522 Thanks for the tip as well.  That was kind of along the same lines as I was thinking.  I"ll probably pick something up this weekend when we go shopping.
    Unexplained Infertility

• just wanted to say @soehlerk our sermon last week wasn't about infertility but the first 10 minutes were about being pregnant/having a baby.  I looked at my husband and just rolled my eyes and stared at the floor.  Definitely had a moment where I thought "I wish I hadn't come today"... especially having a man talk about it, it just felt really tone deaf to anyone struggling with infertility (ME!).  

This season makes it feel like babies are everywhere, whether it's on the picture perfect Christmas cards from friends, the pregnant bellies seemingly surrounding me wherever I go, and literally, the BABY Jesus being born.  I am trying to focus my attention on being grateful for what I have (instead of continually thinking about what I long for that I DON'T have), but it is so very hard right now.

I do think some of the jealousy/bitterness/sadness is relieved when I am just honest with people around me -- just like you said @Worldtravler0522 -- it's better to rely on the listener being receptive rather than keep it to myself because I'm worried how they might react.  Keeping all of this inside for months was so isolating to me.  (Note to self... be grateful... being able to talk about it is something I am grateful for!)

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping same here--i LOVE Christmas, but everybody's posting adorable pictures of their babies, and you know the pregnancy announcements are coming.  I am trying so hard to be positive through it all, but it's tough.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi all. Been awhile since I’ve posted, thus the changed username. I’m smokinangel on the paging list 
    @GoldenKeys mind updating the username and changing the treatment to IVF? 

We were looking into starting IVF in January, but they had an opening now and the timing fit, so, well, I start BC tonight. While I hate that we’re at this point with no real answers as to why, I honestly feel a bit relieved. At least we’ll be doing something? Any advice is, as always, appreciated.  

Hugs to everyone that needs one, especially around the holidays. 
  • Hi @halfanewt welcome back! I’m also moving to IVF but am starting in January. I’m sorry it’s been a long road for you. I’m feeling more hopeful than I have in a long long time- I think because a feel like we are actually doing something more concrete. GL to you! AFM- DH and I signed all the waivers today- it was like buying a house but I kept saying yay! we are buying a baby :) so grateful for this technology. ((Hugs))
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Hie @halfanewt I too am starting IVF...actually just got my meds in the mail yesterday.  I can relate with how you're feeling.  I hate that we're here and with no answers as to why but glad to be taking the next step.  Keep us posted!
    Unexplained Infertility

• @moloninge @wishing-and-hoping @beec2421 Welcome!  You'll find this board super supportive!!!

@hoffmanr7 You sound super organized!  I think the tackle box is a good idea, or some sort of other small organizational tote?  Maybe a craft store might have something similar to a tackle box that would work as well?  I hope the meds don't give you bad headaches!  

@lablover78 Congrats on the option to move forward with IVF!  

@bababatty ugh bed bugs, *shudder*  I think the move is a good idea!!!!

@tops-2 Looks like we are ovulation buddies!  I just found out my sister in law (who is also TTC, though they just started using OPKs and are in the early stages of trying) ovulated today (I ovulated a day ago) so its exciting to be able to share the TWW with people!

AFM So got a positive ovulation test on Tuesday, and believe I ovulated yesterday - big pains in my abdomen I think from increased follicle size due to the Femara (I hope!).  So I'm officially in the TWW - I hate the TWW lol.  Luckily this weekend is crazy busy (husbands company christmas party tonight, christmas dinner with friends tomorrow night, brunch with husbands family sunday morning) so thats at least a few days that should pass quickly.  We are also really busy at work which is good - off topic but I also got some good news at work (some positive feedback from the way higher ups and possibility of some meetings and promotion in the near future) so thats made me happy!  Hopefully by Christmas we will be celebrating some other good news as well!

We've put up some decorations, my fave part is getting the tree which we are waiting another week for.  We have a new puppy this year (she's 10 months old) so we are curious about how she's going to handle the tree!  No ornaments on the bottom of the tree this year lol
  • @mac627 Fingers crossed for your US today!!!!  And definitely stick around until you feel comfortable!  The first few weeks (from what I understand anyway) are so nerve wracking when you've been through all of this!
  • @thothscribe81 good luck keeping busy in the TWW! Keeping my fx so hard for you!!!

@halfanewt welcome back! It’s so frustrating to have to continually go through this but hopefully IVF will do the trick for you! *TW* this was my first IVF and I got my BFP! *end TW* Hope it will work for you too!!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • *TW* my first u/s was today and everything is looking as it should! I’m still super nervous about every twinge I feel, but apparently it’s normal after IVF to have ovulation cysts on the ovaries (they were very visible on the u/s) and the ovaries are so large from all the meds that now they’re shrinking back down, so I feel better knowing the reasons for what I’m feeling. My next u/s is 12/18 so I will be making myself crazy until then ha. I think I will consider myself graduated once I hear a heartbeat. Until then, I’m definitely happy and excited but also still hesitant. *end TW*
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @lablover78 @hoffmanr7 thanks for the welcome! I’ll definitely be borrowing some organizational ideas from you both. We’re kinda jumping into this with both feet! Hope yours go smoothly :) 

@mac627 thanks for the welcome and congrats! Hope everything continues going well for you! 
  • kiwielopingkiwieloping member
    edited December 2017
    @hoffmanr7 oh yah the magic "it must be something in the water" argh is it just me or do people say so much stupid stuff all the time like that?  I didn't notice until I started TTC.  It's like the, "stop stressing and just relax and it will happen" or "my friend's 4th cousin tried forever and then as soon as they stopped trying they got pregnant". Yah pretty sure that's not a thing.

I saw this meme today and wanted to share it with the group:
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• @mac627 yeahhhh!!!!! How very exciting ❤️ Did you do a fresh or frozen transfer? Does that even matter when you say the meds impacted your ovaries? 

I think my LONG ttc break is definitely helping my mindset right now. 

@kiwielopingbride arghhhhhh!! That my absolutely least favorite thing to hear from people. I’ll relax my fist right into your mouth! 
    TTC since May 2013
  • -Newbie post!-

1.  How long have you been TTC? 23 months
    2.  What is your diagnosis? Unexplained IF  :/
    3.  What is your current Rx plan? No meds because nothing is 'wrong' per se. Right now we are waiting for my hormones to go back to normal (check out my intro post for the details if you like) before we give it another go.

DH bought us a fiber optic tree, and we're waiting for it to arrive. We'll decorate it, but that's about as holiday-cheery as we get. We're not Christian (more like subtle Atheists) but we love string lights and eggnog, so we kind of participate in holiday activities. Bonus -the 25th is our wedding anniversary :love:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @lablover78 I did a fresh transfer! Apparently my ovaries are enlarged from all the meds to stimulate the follicles to grow (follisitim, etc.) and the "ovulation cysts" are the empty places where the eggs were taken from during transfer. This is normal according to my RE, but definitely explains all the scary twinges I'm feeling - feels like ovulation pain that I get in the middle of my cycle. I would imagine it wouldn't be as bad for a FET because you wouldn't be stimulating your ovaries. 

@echocharlietango welcome! I'm sorry you have to join us, but hopefully your stay will be short and you can find some support. This board has helped me a lot. I'm so sorry about your loss. I know how heartbreaking and disappointing that is. Are you seeing an RE or just your regular doctor? If you're not with an RE, might be worth looking into after TTC for so long. A LOT of people are "unexplained" and end up using fertility meds to conceive. Sometimes it's just enough to give you the extra edge. Hope you're recovering (physically and emotionally) and can get back to trying as soon as you're ready. 
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @GoldenKeys YES I see them regularly and it makes me really angry!  And surprising because The Bump has been really great as I have had three pregnancies in the app that I’ve had to end and they are really great about making sure all update emails, etc. stop coming to you.  I am surprised they aren’t better about the ads.

@Worldtravler0522 I’m sorry the ERA was painful, but so glad it’s over and I am crossing my fingers for your results to be good!!!!!!

@soehlerk I’m so sorry that church had to be so hard for you, but have y’all heard of the book Though the Darkness Gather Round?  My sister’s sister-in-law is a therapist and went through years of IF, and she sent me the book this week.  I love it!  The first devotional was about Hannah but the message is geared towards (and written by a woman who struggled with) infertility.  I’ve read several of them already and I really love it, it’s the first pregnancy/ttc that hasn’t made me roll my eyes, haha.  I can message you the Hannah one, maybe it will help reframe that experience for you?

@bababatty I hear you on the second opinion awkwardness, been there... but my husband would tell you to remember that they are running a business and don’t take it personally
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Well that’s awesome, only half of my post posted.  I’m sorry anyone else I tagged I cannot go back through and redo it, haha.  UGH. @Bababatty  I was saying that they think my losses are probably due to abnormal eggs, and I hate that idea too of just trial and error until we get a healthy one.  I think if we have another loss we will probably be looking at IVF with pre-testing.  Yay.

AFM, it’s cd14 and I *think* I will ovulate tomorrow.  I o’d on 15 last cycle too (Femara) I was getting a little nervous because my opks weren’t budging and I haven’t been feeling the o pain that I normally do but my test was finally a little darker this morning and I usually get my positives in the afternoons so FX.  We’ve been BD’ing and I’m just trying to be positive and stay f*^%ing relaxed :wink: I am a photographer and this is my really busy season (Christmas cards) so I have been really busy and distracted which I think is good...downside of my job though is that I am actually a maternity and newborn photographer, haha...YUP.  I know.  Honestly though, it doesn’t really bother me, I guess because I am in professional mode when I am there?  Like I never feel like “omg how sweet” when I’m holding the babies, it’s very mechanical.  Sometimes when I am editing the pictures it is a little hard but usually I am fine.  However, they ALWAYS tell me they can’t believe I don’t have kids bc I am so good with babies...cue the “we’re trying” smile and the “just relax, it will happen” bs.  I haven’t punched anybody in the face yet so that’s a plus.  Once my aunt told me we just needed to relax and I said “well I don’t ovulate on my own so relaxing really doesn’t do sh*t.” Ahh, family.
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)