July 2018 Moms

I'm out too *TW* updated • 12/6

edited December 2017 in July 2018 Moms
#1 Know that I am an optimist

#2 Know that I'm going to order pizza and drink wine tonight with DH

Today DH and I went to my first appointment, 8 weeks 6 days by LMP. We saw the gestational sac via transvaginal ultrasound, but it was just that. All sac and no baby. The sac measured in at 6 weeks 1 day. I kind of wanted to just pass the tissue naturally, but doctor recommended D&C to be sure. He said that if I was nearer 6 weeks he'd be okay with waiting...but technically we already have been waiting. So, the surgery is scheduled tomorrow morning. I'm happy that I'll be knocked out, and I should be out of recovery before noon. DH happens to be off tomorrow, so he'll be taking care of me. 

I was kind of expecting this today though. Yesterday I was called in for some labs (progesterone and betas). This morning a receptionist called and said that both were low, and that I had a progesterone prescription that I needed to fill right away. My progesterone was 5.1, and my beta hCG was 8,646 mIU/mL. With numbers that low I lost the hope real quick, but didn't cry until after seeing the empty sac.

Sucks.

But since I'm an optimist, I know that when we move in June I won't be 8 months pregnant. Also, I can delay car shopping for a little bit. Also, recurring blighted ovum is rare. Supposedly the six months following a MC is supposed to be more fertile than normal, so we'll see. This gives me more gym time again, I was avoiding cardio classes because I was avoiding over exertion. Meanwhile, until I work up the nerve to be in public again (and by public, I mean pregnant women and happy babies) I'm just going to hang out at home, covered in puppies and being thankful that I hadn't started any baby registries. I'm probably going to watch all of the Hobbit movies too. Because that's productive  ;)

Have a great rest of your journeys y'all!

12/6 Update!
Surgery went well, I was quickly discharged and feel great. DH bought me new fuzzy pajama bottoms, then made me a box of Annie’s white cheddar shells (how can I love that guy more?! Gosh). I’ve been drinking green tea with ALL of the caffeine, and monitoring the blood (minimal!). 

I’m happy that I got the D&C, my body feels like it’s resetting, and we are optimistic about trying again. Doctor wants us to wait two months, and nothing in my vag for two weeks. 

Next week or so I’m going to introduce myself to some other Bump boards, and realistically look forward to graduating to a PGAL group. 

Meanwhile, my “puppy” will be five years old next spring...he’s the best. 

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: I'm out too *TW* updated • 12/6

• @echocharlietango I'm so very sorry :'( I hope that tomorrow goes well and that your body and heart heal quickly.
  • Im so sorry you are going through this. I had a blighted ovum in September and understand its hard to go through.

As for the more fertile suggestion I would have to agree! I had one normal cycle after my D&C and am currently 7 weeks today :) Terrified for my first ultrasound on Saturday.

Wishing you all the best in your much needed healing time ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • @echocharlietango I am so sorry. Hugs to you and I hope that you are able to heal quickly. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Your optimism is really amazing... take care of yourself, I’m sorry you’re going through this. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to find a silver lining, I hope your rainbow comes along soon. Take care of yourself. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh sweetheart. I love your spirit. Take care, it sounds like you are. I'll pour one out for you. You'll be missed. 
  • Sending you love and light 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this, but I am truly amazed by your optimism. Sending you love. 
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• I love your optimism, but I hate that you have to go through this. I hope you won't be too far behind us! I believe wholeheartedly that you're more fertile after m/c, my rainbow baby was conceived one cycle after we were allowed to try again. I hope your procedure goes well and you heal quickly, both physically and emotionally. Enjoy that wine. 
  • Oh Echo I am just so heartbroken for you. your spirit is amazing and your optimism is inspiring. sending so much love and hugs. and yes drink all the wine, snag up thr puppy snuggles and movies. here for you anytime and sending you wishes for your rainbow baby very soon!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I am so so sorry to hear this. When I saw your name on the post I felt heartbroken. I don’t know what to say, I’m just sorry. I hope you heal and find peace. I can tell you’re a strong woman from your words. Take care of yourself. 
  • I'm so sorry .. Your optimism is amazing.. Wishing you all the best.
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert @missmommae @busymommy23 @pregnant_and_paleo @comealongponds
    @christycalifornia @sopranoali @Pinky917 @acunamatada @lindsayleigh1989 @4deep @mrsj1215

You folks are making me cry a bit into my locally made cherry wine (I'm saving the good bottle for later), stupid placenta giving me feelings <3 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Echo I am so very sorry to hear this news. Your optimism is so profound I’m sending so much love and healing to you for tomorrow and the days after. 
  • @echocharlietango This is heartbreaking news, and I love how you’re making room for grief and recovery and hope.  Surely something positive will come your way as a result. Prayers for you.
  • So sorry to see this. As others have said, your optimism is inspiring, wishing you a fast recovery and a rainbow baby soon! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I’m so sorry.  I admire your attitude and I hope good things come your way soon  <3
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • So sorry to hear this, but glad that you are able to keep looking forward. 
  • Kudos to your positive attitude. There are always things to be grateful for! But, I am sorry that you are going through this and big hugs to you.
  • You’re an amazing and strong woman! I’m so sorry that this happen still. Lots of love!❤️
  • What @acunamatada said. We concieve as soon as we tried again. Praying for you to have your baby when you're ready. 
  • Well damn. I am so very sorry to hear this. I do really love your spirit and your optimism though. The older I get, the more I learn that we control nothing in life, except for how we respond to things. Today was a dark today, I know. But I can tell from your post that you will take good care of yourself, your husband will help, and you guys will be amazing parents to an amazing little human, hopefully sometime soon. Take care of yourself and I wish very good thoughts for your journey! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Oh man @echocharlietango I am so very sorry to hear this. You will be deadly missed here but I am confident that with your amazing attitude you will be back on a BMB in no time.

Like many other have said, my DS is the product of my first "trying" cycle post D&C. Take care of yourself and your body in the meantime. 
  • @echocharlietango I am so very sorry. Best wishes for you and your husband *hugs*
  • I’m so sorry, sending virtual hugs! :(

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your loss.   You will be missed, as will your babe.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of you. Hugs if you want them. 
  • Oh echo, I am so, so sorry. Enjoy your wine tonight and I hope to see you around here in a couple months! 
  • Oh, I am so sorry.  Take care of yourself.  Sending hugs.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so very sorry! Take care of yourself! *HUGS*
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • You’re amazingly strong and we wish you all the best!!! Enjoy your pizza and wine. 
  • @echocharlietango I'm so sorry.  This really does just suck.  I love your positive outlook, but let yourself be bummed about it for a while, too. 

I can tell you that I had a m/c before my daughter and the next month ended up pregnant with her.  It took us 18 months and then BAM! Two BFP in a row.  Keep moving forward, sweets!

Enjoy your puppy love, wine and pizza <3
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so sorry
  • I'm so so sorry. I know this is such a hard time for you, but as everyone has said.. you have a great spirit and that will help you through this. Don't give up hope! Your rainbow baby will come after this storm!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this and wishing you all the best today.  I also conceived my son the first cycle we tried after our mc - hoping for the same for you when you're ready to try again.  Take care.
  • I am so sorry @echocharlietango. Your positive attitude is going to make this journey so much easier.
  • I am so very sorry @echocharlietango! You are one hell of a strong woman. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I’m so sorry to hear this @echocharlietango. Take care of yourself and let yourself enjoy that wine  <3
  • @echocharlietango I'm glad to hear your procedure went well and that H is treating you like a queen. I am glad yo u are happy with your decision to get the D&C, I felt the same when all was said and done. 

Please come back and let us know how your journey is going, if you feel up to it. 
  • Glad to hear surgery went well and your H is taking such good care of you! Sending all the love!