Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk/Questions Thread week of 12/4

I think this hasn't been started...
This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here! 

Re: Chart Stalk/Questions Thread week of 12/4

• Has anyone seen a genetic counselor, and did you find it helpful?
  • @holly321 - I haven't, but I've also been considering it. There are a couple genetic issues in the family which worry me. Like you, not sure if it would be helpful OR would make me crazy to know. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @holly321 Do you know of a genetic issue you or YH have? 
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited December 2017
    @zamora_spin, TW, not anything for sure, but DH especially has concerns.  My first miscarriage was most likely a trisomy.  Molar was probably a fluke.  DS for sure has ASD and many health issues. . DDs currently being tested.  DS did have karotyping all come back normal, but DD's psychiatrist thinks there is a genetic component to their issues.   I have a few family members with intellectual disabilities.  Really the issue is DH is freaking out because he is afraid of what may be wrong with our next child.

ETA, the obvious, but tone and the internet don't mix.  We in no way are bothered by kids have ASD and such, but there is only so many hours in the day for therapy and stuff.  If we had a child of similar disabilities, it would probably be NBD, we are worried we are being selfish if we have another child.  Also, this was stuff we had considered before TTC and what originally had us decide to be done, but losing my only sibling changed things.