Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 12/4

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week?

*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: TFAS 12/4

• What number are you trying for? 4

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1,3,5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not good... I've had short cycles since they came back (some 24, avg 26) and now that I'm temping it is becoming clear my LP is probably going to be short. Currently trying to night wean and nurse less in general.

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? Finally putting up Christmas decorations 

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Loading the player...
  • @mrs_drc_rn it's my high school BFF. I actually haven't even met her fiancee yet, but he seems good for her! She has been friends with him for a long time before they started dating.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @elothair I stopped temping during the TWW just to help get rid of some of the anxiety I feel during the time. I think it’s helped a bit. 
  • juliebird6juliebird6 member
    edited December 2017

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm so confused. After discarding a wonky temp, I got CHs for 11/24.  Now suddenly FF has taken away my CHs and I don't know how to deal.  It altered when it expects AF too, so I seriously don't know how to interpret any of this stuff.  I'm sure it doesn't matter because I'm super crampy and fully expect to start my period today or tomorrow, but I'm really irritated by this.  Ugh.  Will post a pic in minute, in case anyone is interested in a CS.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? I don't know. I'm so grumpy about the thought of my impending period. I feel like the Grinch.  The Crown premieres on Friday, so at least there's that.

@mrs_drc_rn What's a beef and beer?  Sounds interesting!

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other children? 19 mos

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not specific to this cycle, but just timing of a pregnancy. My state offers paid maternity, and the rate/length of time you can claim goes up each January for the next few years, so we’re thinking we might take it easy until April (giving us a January 2019 due date) because it would afford us a couple thousand more than a December due date....it sucks, because we’re both really excited, but that amount of money would allow me to take probably 3 more months off work to stay home with DD and a new baby. 

Also, how do people temp while still night nursing/dealing with a baby who doesn’t STTN?! Rhetorical question, kind of....unless anyone has a real suggestion. We tried night weaning, so now she wakes up twice, nursing once, and the other time she refuses to nurse now, but also won’t go back to sleep for most nights, an hour or so. I’m having a really hard time taking my temperature both at the same time AND after 3 hours of sleep. They are pretty much mutually exclusive right now and my temps are all over the place. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? More like this entire month! I’m over the top excited about Christmas this year with DD being more aware. We’ve got tree decorating, a gingerbread house, cookies, presents to wrap. I feel like there’s more that I’m forgetting. I’m not usually this excited, so it’s a bit strange for me, but I’m loving every minute of her excitement. 
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    @elothair I don’t want to get out of the habit of temping daily or I’ll start forgetting to do it. 

@catwoman8731 I’m in the same boat. I just do my best with temping and I still saw a temp shift.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @mrs_drc_rn That's exactly my thinking - less anxiety worrying over temps. But like @lalala2004 said - I'm worried it will break the habit for when I need to remember!

@catwoman8731 I find for me, the 3 hours is more important than timing. But I know for some the timing seems to make the bigger difference. I would just do the best you can!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? CD 1 tomorrow.. hoping my period isn't too long. I only got it back about 3 cycles ago so it's been a nightmare.

Any questions? N/A

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? Getting the tree decorated. I love sitting in the living room with the lights on and just feeling Christmas-y. 

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child? 1.5 

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Flying home to CA for the holidays and staying with ILs for 9 days. (They are sort of the reason we left the state).  I am so glad I’ll be able to imbibe this year. I’ll need all the liquid courage I can get. 

Any questions? Nope 

Taking DS to his first gymnastics class on Wednesday. We’ve been having a hard time socializing DS b/c he is much bigger than the other kids his age, and he’s a rough and tumble little guy...I took him to an open play session at a gymnastics club last week, and it was perfect for him. Huzzah for no more story time anxiety!!  

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lalala2004 Been there! Twoweekwait.com is my rabbit hole. GL on testing tomorrow! FXed, and have fun at the wedding! 

@elothair I got lazy and fell out of the habit of temping during my TWW the last couple cycles. And then by the end of my cycle, I regret it, because I don’t know if my temps have dropped or what. 

@catwoman8731 That is expert level adulting right there! It sucks being benched, but it sounds like you’re making the wisest decision.  

• @lalala2004 thanks I will keep in mind I don't actually know until cd1. I also look way too much into EDD haha. Have fun at the wedding, I love taking pictures of little sat weddings, so adorable!

@mrs_drc_rn I have been tracking but not temping until this month, been averaging 26 day cycles and I'm on cd17. Beef and beer sounds great and for a good cause too. 

@Spylon totally wish that's how it worked!

@elothair concert and dance recital, sweet! We haven't gotten into dance yet, but want to. I usually temp through tww to stay in the habit. 

@juliebird6 I vote O on 11/24! 

@catwoman8731 nursing and temping is hard, but do your best and see what you get. I try to aim for consistent time rather than how much sleep, mostly I'm sleep deprived always anyways. Now that I'm worried about my LP though I told DH if he wants another baby he needs to pick it up at night, and he has been great :smiley:

@kristah2 pp cycles suck

@concreteayngel good luck with gymnastics! We have always been able to cope better with the movement types of things than story time too lol. 

@holly321 I'm hoping you get through your benched stay with no AF

• edited December 2017

Hello! I just posted an intro on the Newbie thread and thought I'd jump in here next  :)

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD2

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 yo DD

Any thoughts about this cycle? I've learned so much over the past two months reading this board and charting, and feel confident going into this next month. I was a little concerned about how our timing would work out this month because of an out-of-town conference I'm traveling to, but I think we should still have plenty of time to HIO during FW. Trying to stay positive and not stress out/obsess over the process. 

Any questions? Not at the moment.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? Having dinner at a new-to-me Thai place tonight with some friends from grad school I haven't seen in a while, and DH and I are hoping to take DD to see Coco this weekend. 

Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @lalala2004 gl! Did you test today?
    @juliebird6 I think we Od at the same-ish time. I understand how you feel with upcoming AF *hugs*
    @wishiwaspreggo gl! I hope you both are able to conceive soon ♡ welcome to this board!

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)?3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm bummed (of course) this won't be the month, but I know I can't be too heartbroken since it was our first month. AF is due any day and I know we are out for this month. I'm mentally just preparing to start over and may start temping since I never got a true positive OPK  this month.

Any questions? Nah

Actually, AF starting so I can a start on next cycle. 

• Welcome @wishiwaspreggo and @southernlady07

@wishiwaspreggo feeling like we don’t belong on other boards is a common thread here. You’ll fit right in. :) 

@southernlady07 I love going to new restaurants! I’m just starting to get into Thai. What do you usually order? 
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5 and 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. My only goal is to not SS this cycle. It slowly drove me crazy last month.

Any questions? Do you any of you have advice for a 3.5 year old who doesn't want to sleep in his bed because he's scared of monsters? He has like 4 night lights and 3 flash lights lol. He's so scared but I really don't want him in my bed.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? DH is coming home from a business trip on Thursday and I can’t wait. It’s so hard to parent alone. DH is the enforcer when it comes to bedtime so we’ve all been going to bed really late and I’m starting to feel it.

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @matryoshkadoll My cycles have been 26 days lately too. How long is your LP usually? Have fun decorating!
    @lalala2004 An 18 month old at a wedding sounds like you will have your hands full! Hope he behaves for you.
    @mrs_drc_rn That’s so nice that you guys are trying to raise money to help your friend. I’m always so in awe when people can remain positive when going through something so terrible.
    @spylon I really hope your good feelings are right and this is your month! What kind of holiday baking are you going to do?
    @elothair So fun that you get to go to your DD’s Christmas concert and dance recital. I cannot wait until my kids are old enough to do those kinds of things.
    @juliebird6 I also get SOOOO grumpy at the thought of AF. I haven’t tried watching The Crown yet. Do you love it?
    @catwoman8731 Christmas is so fun as your kids get older! I was never really super excited about Christmas but now I feel like I’m a kid again.
    @kristah2 Have fun decorating your tree!
    @concreteayngel Hope you have a good time with your ILs. That’s a long time to stay with them. Hopefully you’ll get some nice weather.
    @holly321 Cramps are the worst. Hope AF doesn’t show her dumb face for you.
    @wishiwaspreggo Sorry the LGBT board isn’t active but I’m glad you are here! Hope you guys get good news from the RE.
    @southernlady07 Welcome! Hope you had fun at the Thai place tonight. I LOVE Thai food.
    @meeks2020 I always feel so so down when I know I’m out. Then once AF starts I feel a little better because it’s a new month. Hoping this is your month!

TW

• @eleven_ I've heard of some parents creating a "monster spray" basically some water in a squirt bottle but before bedtime they go in with LO and spray this monster repellent all around the room and it keeps the monsters away.. could be worth a shot?
  • @kristah2 I have heard of this too! I never thought about doing it with them before bed though. I just thought you give them the spray bottle when you leave lol. Sounded like a bad idea. Maybe I'll try that tonight though! Thanks!
    TW

• @eleven_ Yes! If you like historical shows, or anything about the British monarchy, you will love it.  
  • @wishiwaspreggo I totally feel like I don't fit in the IF board either because I already have 2 kids - even though we've been trying for over a year this time it does't seem the same. I think it's so fabulous that both of you can be actively involved in the baby making process that way!

@southernlady07 Welcome to the boards!

@meeks2020 Definitely add in temping - I Od super late this month and would have long given up on OPKs if I wasn't also temping and knew what was happening from that end of things. GL next cycle!

@eleven_ SS is the worst. I am awful at it as well but try really hard not to! We used a "monster spray" with my DD that worked pretty well. I had a spray bottle filled with water and put a monster repellant label on it and would spray it before bed every night and leave it on her bedside table in case she felt she needed an extra spritz in the middle of the night. We also went over how they weren't real when we did the spray because I was worried by bringing in the spray it would be validating their existence since why else would there be a repellant for them!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @concreteayngel Thanks! My go-to is curry or pad thai! I checked out the menu this morning and they have a salmon curry topped with fried basil that is calling my name. Do you have a favorite Thai dish? 
    @eleven_ Thank you! re: your DS I was also going to suggest the "monster spray". I hope that works for him if you try it! And re: your GTKY it is the SAME in my house! It seems like it takes me 10x longer to get through bedtime routine than my DH. Hope you'll get a nice break when he returns!
    @elothair Thank you!

• @concreteayngel @southernlady07 I love Thai and am interrupting your conversation to give my two cents! Two of my favourite Thai dishes are chicken satay (a spicy chicken skewer often served with a peanut sauce) and Tom Yum soup (like a hot and sour soup usually with shrimp) - they are so so good. And then pad thai is my other go to. I have tried some interesting dishes but always come back to those three.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @southernlady07 @elothair I love pretty much everything that goes with peanut sauce! I'll try the chicken satay next! Sadly, I'm one of those people that can't eat cilantro (tastes soapy), so that plays a part in what I order. I like Pad Thai, and Cashew Nut Chicken and the fried rice dishes I've tried. Ooh and the fried bananas are a favorite. I haven't been very brave and will usually order food that is similar to my favorite Chinese dishes lol. Must change that! 
  • @elothair I've never had Tom Yum soup - that sounds delicious! 
    @kindbytealikat Thanks! Sorry about the BFN's :( I hope you have fun at the Christmas party and if AF does arrive, you can console yourself by taking advantage of the unlimited food and beverages!
    @concreteayngel +1 for peanut sauce, -1 for soapy cilantro taste...I looove cilantro and add it to allthethings! 

• With all the Thai talk, have any of you tried to make it?  I made pad Thai for the second time last night, and it was pretty good, but still a work in progress.  I would love a recipe suggestion if you had one.   
    @wishiwaspreggo @elothair, I too understand the not fitting in on all boards.  I am anovulatory and stopped menstruating completely about a year ago and TW had to use clomid to conceive my recent loss end TW. I do stalk the IF thread, but I don't really feel like I fit.  I don't understand all the science behind it all either, which makes it hard for me to follow and doesn't give me much to contribute.  I also no and understand a lot of ladies are against an OB prescribing clomid, so there is that too. TW again, we had some consideration of skipping to IVF, but it can't guarantee that I would not have another molar pregnancy end TW.  
    @eleven_ , SS is the worst, and I am so bad about it.  I have several times wondered if my cramping could mean I an pregnant, although i had a Depo shot a month ago and we have  to use condoms.  Is your LO having trouble when going to sleep, or is he getting up?  I don't have a ton of advice, because I rarely have a night without a child getting in my bed.
    @kindbytealikat, I hope you have fun at the party, sorry that AF has to show!

• @holly321 He goes to bed and is happy for 5-10 minutes and then starts screaming about monsters. How do you sleep with your kids in your bed??? DS never stops moving in his sleep and it keeps me awake all night. 
    TW

• @kindbytealikat Thanks for all the good advice. I might try a silly monster book. Sorry for the BFN. I too was really hopeful last cycle and took it really hard. Your DH's Christmas party sounds so fun! 1am is so late though! I can't remember the last time I stayed up past 11. 
    TW

• @holly321 I don't bother making Thai at home because it requires so many odd ingredients that I wouldn't use in anything else! I use that as my excuse to order it in instead! Why are some people against an OB prescribing clomid?! What are the odds of you having another molar pregnancy? Do they go up if you have had one already? At least we have this thread for all us 'odd-balls' that don't really fit anywhere else!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @eleven_, I don't sleep well, lol, we do have a couch in our room and usually either DH or I move to the couch.    DD started falling asleep better when we got her a cat, she was less afraid.

@elothair , part of my issue is finding the ingredients.  I was able to use some pretty good substitutions though.  The taste isn't bad, it is just dry.  I think my biggest problem is I don't have a wok.   I have a 1 in 50 chance of another molar pregnancy vs about 1 in 2,000 for the general population. And while people can go on to have healthy pregnancies even after 2 molar pregnancies, I would not risk it since mine was malignant.
     And I think the issue people have with OBgyn's giving clomid is the monitoring. I think some write a script and send you on your merry way, instead of testing to verify it is working correctly. 

• @matryoshkadoll My cycles have sometimes been on the short side since coming back (after getting my IUD removed in June) and I don't think it's necessarily anything to worry about. FX for you that your cycles regulate soon!
    @mrs_drc_rn I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker. :( Good luck raising money for her. That's such a sweet thing for you to do for her.
    @Spylon What kind of baking are you going to do this weekend?
    @elothair Christmas concerts and dance recitals sound like so much fun! Hope you and your kids enjoy.
    @kristah2 My periods were really heavy at first after getting my IUD removed, but they've since gotten lighter and a bit shorter. Hopefully yours isn't too bad!
    @concreteayngel Yay for gymnastics and a fun outlet for your son! Does he love it? Good luck during the flight to CA. Glad you'll get to imbibe over the holidays. :)
    @wishiwaspreggo It's good to see you here! I'm sorry you're stuck in limbo for a while, but it sounds like you and YW have a good plan in place. 
    @southernlady07 We loved Coco, except for the 20-minute Frozen short at the beginning...it was way too long for a short. I read that they're removing the Frozen short so hopefully you guys don't have to suffer through it! It was cute but I'm a little Frozen-ed out.
    @meeks2020 How do you know you're already out for this month?
    @kindbytealikat I'm so sorry for the BFNs. On the bright side, I guess you'll be able to indulge in lots of free wine at YH's holiday party! FX for you that you get a BFP before then though. :)

Cycle/Month? 7/6 (1 benched)

WTO/TWW? WTO, moving to TWW soon since I got a positive OPK today. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling super hopeful, 1) because the due date would be in August and DD was born in August and 2) because I really want to announce a BFP at Christmas when I'm with my family. But I'm just trying to take it easy and enjoy the holidays without thinking about it too much. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? Getting Christmas shopping done! A few more things to buy, then I need to wrap it all and ship some of them. We're driving down to Florida on the 17th, so I've been really motivated to get it all done before we go!

*TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @eleven_ LP used to be two weeks. My last pp cycles were super long, which was also annoying--can't win. This is my first cycle BBT and not preventing since my last pregnancy, but I've been entering cycle starts and other data for about 6 months. They've all been short, but I wasn't temping so don't know

@elothair and @holly321 I am in love with Thai food from visiting Thailand once, but my husband hates it! I aways think I should go out with a friend to get Thai food, but worried I will be disappointed. Didn't consider making it myself, might have to consider it.

• @holly321 I love my wok! I got a cheap one from Ikea years ago. I tend to use Pinterest recipes for inspiration and then use what I have on hand to try to recreate it. I've used Thai Kitchen's red curry paste for a while now and it's really good; I ordered green curry last night and it was incredible so I'm hopeful TK makes a green curry paste as well. 
    @offtoneverland I'm with you on being Frozen'd out! Glad to hear you loved it though. Hooray for positive OPK! My DD was born in September and I also had that thought that if this is our month, #2 will also have a September birthday. Like you, I'm also trying to enjoy the holiday season without thinking about it too much!
    @matryoshkadoll I would love to visit Thailand some day!
    @wishiwaspreggo FX for the IUI this month!