Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday - 12/5

Month/Cycle: 

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? 
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: WTO Tuesday - 12/5

• Loading the player...
  • @offtoneverland So impressed with your workout!
    @SkilledSailor I'm glad your RE has been so responsive! That makes such a huge difference. It sucks that you had all the side effects and are feeling crappy though. Fx things look good when you go in on Thursday!
    @emmasemm Sorry work is so hectic for you today. Acupuncture tonight sounds lovely though!
    @kristah2 Where do you live? Is it super cold right now?
    ------------------------------

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: letrozole + ovidrel trigger + IUI

R/R: It snowed! Gorgeous, but my tires are crap and I haven't replaced them yet. Might be trying to take the bus to appointments today. We'll see. MH said the roads were really slippery, so that makes me nervous!

CS/Q: Nothing much to see. Still pretty rocky from the letrozole.

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I'm happy as I am, but if forced to choose I'd go for more intelligence. :)
  • @kimberbeep i don't temp so I don't chart but I do track. I use ovia. I know a lot of ladies here use fertility friend. You can track when you have sex, when you have signs of ovulation and when you have your period. It helps you figure out your cycle and symptoms you have associated with various times of the month. I definitely recommend it!

@darkstar42 I am in eastern Canada. It seems like it's always cold! Be careful if you decide to drive today!
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: charting, pom juice, OPKs

R/R: DH is on a business trip and won’t get home until Thursday. This is the first time we’ve been apart in 7 years! I feel like my dogs know I’m lonely because they both slept on either side of me last night.

CS/Q: I only used an OPK one day last month. I bought a pack of 30 on Amazon to use for this cycle. What day in the cycle do you start using them? I read that you should start day 11? And do you use them at night or in the morning? Or does it not matter? TIA.

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I would trade some looks for intelligence. Only a little though haha.

@offtoneverland SO awesome you worked out this morning! I need some of your will power. What kind of work out did you do?
    @skilledsailor Ooooh what are you doing to your hair? Do you take in a pic of what you want done or do you do the same thing every time? I’m sorry you aren’t feeling great. Hopefully they get things figured out for you.
    @emmasemm Of course all the systems decide to not work on the same day. Hopefully you get things figured out! How often do you acupuncture? I was thinking about giving it a try.
    @kristah2 I am freeeezing as well. I’m sitting in my cubicle wrapped in a blanket. And I agree with you, yes to Christmas and a hell no to winter. I kind of okay with the snow up until Christmas and then I just want Spring to start.
    @kimberbeep LOL about getting to choose how many IQ points you lose. I’m sorry everyone is giving you all the stuff they don’t want to do! Not cool!
    @darkstar42 I hate driving in the snow. So scary when the roads are super icy. Be safe out there! 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @offtoneverland WTG on the workout! I’m jealous of your temporary position. I’m the only editor for my organization so there’s no chance of leaving this position without leaving my agency.

@skilledsailor Glad you could stop the Clomid and hopefully you start to feel better soon.

@emmasemm How frustrating about your systems. IT pushed an update last night that prevented half of us from logging in this morning. Super helpful.

@kristah2 I’m with you on the winter thing. I’m super excited for Christmas and then I’ll be sad because it will just be cold and miserable for months.

@kimberpeep Have fun with getting busy!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Lots of HIO, PNVs, CM, OPKs

R/R: I successfully peed in the OPK wrapper at work today! Rant: It was negative lol.

CS/Q: Nada

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I’m pretty content overall, but I think I would trade some looks for intelligence.

• So impressed with all of you for being happy with how you are. Way to go being confident!
    @SkilledSailor What are you getting done with your hair? Are you keeping the silver color or doing something new?
    @emmasemm I definitely didn't mean to make you feel bad since you haven't done a workout. It was my first morning workout in a while and it made me late to work. :p I hope your busy day of work helps your day go by quickly. Lol to "kitchen sink, pink elephants, and fairies."
    @kristah2 I can never motivate myself to exercise after work, hence the morning workout. It's the only way I ever workout. :# Stay warm today!
    @kimberbeep If I were you, I'd still try to temp anyways, even with the nightly wake ups. You could just see how it works and if you can still see a pattern. But no big deal if you don't want to temp either!
    @darkstar42 Yay for snow, but scary about the slick roads. Stay safe today! And get your tires changed soon. ;)
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • kobrien827kobrien827 member
    edited December 2017
    @offtoneverland Good for you for getting in a workout this morning. I always say I am going to work out before work but I can never get out of bed.
    @SkilledSailor Yay for hair appts! What are you going to do?
    @emmasemm How is acupuncture? I have always wanted to try
    @kristah2 Its freezing by me today too :( It was 60 yesterday but down to 28 this morning when I walked to the train. Stay warm!!
    @kimberbeep I would still temp just to get the hang of things and you may start to see a pattern. 
    @darkstar42 Be safe if you do drive!
    @eleven_ My dog and cat do that as well. I love how they just know when we need cuddles.
    @melbel0824 Sorry for the negative opk. I hope you turn one soon!

Have a great day ladies!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, POM juice, temping/charting, OPKs

R/R: I think I may be getting sick :( My stomach has been bothering me since yesterday and all food I try to settle it hurts it. My company Christmas party is tomorrow and its a huge fancy affair so I hope I feel better by then!

CS/Q: What CD do you all usually start OPKs? The brand I got said to start on day 5 which I feel like super early.

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? This is a hard one.. I think I have a pretty decent balance of both. If I HAD to choose, I think I would trade looks for intelligence. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @offtoneverland and @kobrien827 - I may try temping next cycle if this cycle turns out to be a big N. Which, considering I just stopped BCP a few weeks ago seems rather likely. 

@LJMoon6 - Glad someone's in the same boat as me. Seemed like waking in the middle of the night would really throw things of from what I read, but maybe not? 

I've also thought the same of OPK's - I do NOT want anyone at work to know I'm trying and everyone is always around my desk all day. so what am I gonna do, test when I'm at home after work, but before bedtime? That's only like a 3 hour window...
  • @offtoneverland yay workout! What kind of workout was it?
    @SkilledSailor what are you having done to your hair?
    @emmasemm I haven't tried pink elephants and fairies yet. I was thinking more goblins and eye of newt 
    @darkstar42 I would have the opposite reaction to snow. Boooo cold weather (in my opinion). 

Month/Cycle: 5/3
    CD: 19
    WAYDTGKU; the aforementioned eye of newt and deals with goblins
    R/R: Woke up very queasy and bloated. One of my kids was complaining about their tummy hurting yesterday and they're absent today so I bet I caught a little something. But I am mustering through (since I can't afford to take any sick time incase I do, by some miracle, get KU). I also have the music video from this week's SNL stuck in my head, and it's a fun song but not child appropriate. 
    CS/Q: My OPKs are fading, so I'm fairly certain I O'd. I had some pretty intense pains a few days ago, so that might have been it. Hopefully HIO every other day gives us results. I move over to TWW tomorrow.
    GTKY: Not to sound like an asshole, but I'm already pretty smart. I could spare a few points to like what I see in the mirror more. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU:  HIO

R/R: Rant - Fi’s home sick and I really hope I don’t get it, I’m such a baby when I get a sore throat. Rave - This morning waiting for my bus to turn up a happy dog walked past me and sniffed my leg and it just made my day haha

CS/Q: Nada

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? 
    Oh god I would more than likely go for intelligence but I know how badly it can knock your self esteem if you don’t look the way you want to
  • @kristah2 I forgot to say that I too use Ovia.  I really like it, especially the fertility score they give you and being able to see it in a chart.  I did enter all my data into FF and do plan on using that more, but only once I start actually tracking my BBT.
    @kimberbeep I also do not want anyone at work to know I'm trying.  I am still a "new" employee here and don't want to cause any unnecessary problems.  Also I work with all men.  I am the only female in my department of 15. As long as I can get the hang of peeing in the wrapper of the cheap OPKs I think it'll be easy to hide.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @offtoneverland I love the input of wine and well done for having the motivation to work out this morning!
    @SkilledSailor so glad that your RE is being so good, it can make a world of difference!
    @emmasemm fingers crossed the pink elephants kick it up a gear, sometimes the kitchen sink just doesn’t quite cut it!
    @kristah2 I’m with you on the coldness, there’s only so many layers a girl can wear!
    @kimberbeep are you guys doing anything fun for his birthday?
    @darkstar42 ooh that’s beautiful, I really hope we get snow too
    @eleven_ your dogs are so kind looking after you!
    @melbel0824 I never thought about seeing in the wrapper! Knowing me i would miss and just wee all over myself haha
    @LJMoon6 haha I bet your BIL felt so awkward!
    @kobrien827 fingers crossed it’s just a 24 hour thing
    @jsnakehole hope you and your kid feel better and all the fingers crossed for you!
  • @LJMoon6 - Yep. As a newbie I wanna keep quiet. Our bathroom is awkwardly in a central location. It's obvious when someone is in there for more than just a few minutes.

@CraftyG - He's been working long hours, so dinner and relaxing is about all we'll do for his birthday. 
  • @darkstar42 I love snow! But only when it means I can sit at home in front of the fire.

@eleven_ DH and I have only been apart a few times since we met. It’s always weird when he’s gone and I love when the dogs decide to be cuddly.

@LJMoon6 I use Ovia too and I really like it. And I’m glad you asked the question about when to move to TWW. I’m hoping I can pinpoint it using OPKs, but if I can’t then I’m going to add in BBT next cycle.

@kobrien827 FX you start to feel better soon! Did you get a fancy dress for your work party?

@jsnakehole I’m also hoping your queasiness doesn’t turn into something worse.

@CraftyG One of my coworkers has a service dog and I swear just seeing Colonel around the office makes me happy.

• @LJMoon6 In the cycles where I haven't temped, I usually move over to the TWW thread after my CM dries up. That's usually a pretty reliable sign for me. Sorry for the failed attempt last night. :( I'm pretty sure there are a few people on TTGP who never tell their SOs when it's "that time" because it gives them performance anxiety. Maybe try to keep it to yourself to keep him from getting anxious.
    @kobrien827 @eleven_ It depends on how long your cycle is. I think day 5 is too early for sure! But if you have a short cycle, it might be good to start sooner rather than later. I usually start using them when I notice EWCM, but if you're not sure when you O and have extra OPKs, might as well start early just to see what happens! As for the time of day, I usually hear that taking them in the afternoon is best, but I think some OPKs give instructions for what time of day to use them. If not, I'd try the afternoon. Once the line starts getting darker, I usually start testing twice a day (or sometimes three times if I feel peeing on more things!).
    @jsnakehole I just did 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by some pushups. After drinking several glasses of wine last night, my body was not really up to anything too strenuous. :# I hope you don't catch anything from your students. I watched the SNL music video from the weekend too and I loved it! So catchy.
    @CraftyG Yay for a cute happy dog to start off your day!
    @kobrien827 Are you the one that was posting about a Gatsby-themed work affair? Sounds like a great party! I hope you won't be feeling too sick to go.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK's, temping, charting

R/R: got back to the gym this morning after being sick last week. Felt really good. 

CS/Q: nothing to see here. 

GTKY: Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I would rather trade some looks. I'm not super pretty, but I know I could stand some extra street smarts and emotional intelligence and I would want more of those. 

@offtoneverland - loving your wine plan! Some of our best spontaneous HIO has been after some drinks. 
    @SkilledSailor - glad your RE's office is so responsive and you're getting back in! Also yay for getting your hair done - mine is next week and i can't wait!
    @emmasemm - sorry work has been so crazy for you. hope you enjoy acupuncture tonight!
    @kimberbeep - if the waking is steady, you may still get some benefit from temping. you could also temp when you wake up, but you'll have to decide if it's worth it to you. :) 
    @darkstar42 - yikes! Hope you can get the tires replaced soon! driving on old tires in the snow is not a good thing. 
    @eleven_ - I start using mine about 5 days before O, but for my first cycle, I started at CD5. But I think it depends on how long your cycle is. Not sure if the wondfos come with the chart to tell you when to start. Many OPK's will tell you NOT to use FMU. I think a lot of women will test 2x a day with the cheapies to make sure they don't miss their surge. 
    @melbel0824 - awesome coordination! I wouldn't be able to do that. I would totally get my hand completely covered, there's a reason I PIAC instead of POAS. 
    @kobrien827 - hope you feel better soon! would hate to miss out on that party. 
    @jsnakehole - hope you feel better! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • kobrien827kobrien827 member
    edited December 2017
    @melbel0824 Yes, I rented a dress from Rent the Runway. I love this site, I use it for all weddings/work things now. Its a nice LBD so I'm hoping I feel okay to go! picture is spoiler :)
    @offtoneverland No, it wasnt me who posted about the Gatsby party, I wish! That sounds like so much fun.

TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• melbel0824melbel0824 member
    edited December 2017
    @kobrien827 Love that dress! And love RTR. I just rented from them for a wedding in October.
  • @kobrien827 that dress is stunning!
  • Update: Positive OPK!  And yes I peed all over my hand but totally worth it! It’s the little things lol.

@offtoneverland @SkilledSailor It is definitely performance anxiety. It only started a couple months ago so I’m still trying to get use to this subtlety thing. The problem is we BDed only a couple times a month before we started TTC. So now that I’ve been trying more I don’t even need to say anything and he knows.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @offtoneverland @catlady2015 @skilledsailor Thanks for all the info about OPKs.

@kobrien827 That dress is really cute!

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker