July 2018 Moms

GTKY

1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc?

2. What's your H/SO do for a living?

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

4. Where'd you go on your honeymoon? (If you didn't have one or aren't married, where would you love to travel to?)

5. What were you like in high school? (Ex: prep, jock)

6. How long have you and H/SO been together and married?

7. What annoys you most/biggest pet peeve?

Re: GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • @acunamatada what kind of restaurant does your H own?
  • @lindsayleigh1989 we went to Riviera Maya also. It was so amazing! What resort did you guys stay in?

@mrsj1215 Branson is so cute!! Are you from the Midwest? We live just outside of St. Louis!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @amylu914 Outback Steakhouse, I've got a love/hate relationship with the bloomin' onion 
  •  1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc?

I’m not sure what my biggest fear is. I think just trying to balance everyone and everything.

Dh is a fire fighter. He works 24 hours on and then is off for 48 hours. It works really well for our family except next year he works every major holiday...

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

No idea... 

4. Where'd you go on your honeymoon? (If you didn't have one or aren't married, where would you love to travel to?)

We didn’t do one but we traveled to NYC, California and Mexico together  

I was head cheerleader

• North Louisiana @stlmegs.. But I had been there on family vacations(with my parents& sister) before! So I knew we would enjoy it! And my hubby really likes all the support of veterans and military(he just got out of the Marine Corps reserve this past May).. We loved it! I have also been to St. Louis and really enjoyed the visit there too!
  • 1. Biggest fear as a Mom of 3? Not getting enough sleep, then not having enough energy to play with the older two.

2. Husbands Job? Investment Banker, Horrible hours travels a ton. But has great paternity leave. 

3. Nursery? Ha! This one will be bunking in with the older 2 once sleep trained. (NYC probs) 

4. Honeymoon? Italy

5. High School? 3 sport athlete and partier

6. We have been together since 2004, married in 2009. 

7. Biggest Pet Peeve- Grown Men and Women who say "like" every other word. I admit I think less of people who talk that way, it's so immature. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • 1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc?

Doing this money wise and my marriage. First baby I had a hard time with not having H all to myself anymore. Finally over that and we will change the dynamic again.

He is a high school math teacher- and then coaches college football

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

Not yet 

Big Sky in Montana- skiing. 

Kept to myself. Could be around the popular kids if I wanted to but I always felt out of place. Spent first semester of freshman year and last semester of senior year drunk - partying. The middle I was in a relationship and just hung out with him

Together 8 years married 6 1/2

People who think their better than everyone else.

Another CS

GM

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

nothing yet 

No honeymoon 

Would love to travel through Canada  and Europe 

Jock but not popular 

Together 15 years married almost 14

People that flick cigarette butts everywhere. They stink up the air and think it’s ok to litter. 

• @stlmegs we did grand sunset princess it was awesome!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Struggling to get out and do things, both with the kids and without. I feel like things have gotten easier now that he’s three and starting over with the baby and then toddler stuff is daunting!

He’s a Union Carpenter. 

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

No ideas yet, i’m waiting until we find out the sex to even think about it.

We went to an all inclusive in St. Lucia and it was glorious. 

Our school was small so I was kind of all over the place. Definitely not a jock though, never did a sport.

Together 8 years, married 5.

Ignorance.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc? Not having energy for two and going through ppd again.

2. What's your H/SO do for a living? We both work for the same solar company but different departments.

3. Nursery themes/ideas? If boy probably keep it the same as DS (animals). If girl idk I’m not big on girly trends.

4. Where'd you go on your honeymoon? (If you didn't have one or aren't married, where would you love to travel to?) Barcelona for a week and loved it!

5. What were you like in high school? (Ex: prep, jock) prep/teachers pet. The girl who’s mom worked at the school.

6. How long have you and H/SO been together and married? 3 yrs married Jan 3rd, together just a bit over 4.

7. What annoys you most/biggest pet peeve? Excuses, just own your mistakes and learn from them. 

• edited December 2017

1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc?

Falling even further behind in my higher education. I was so focused on getting pregnant I didn’t think about how I was going to make school work, and now I’m not really sure what to do regarding timing.

He’s a CPA.

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

We didn’t use ours for the first 8 months with DD, so I don’t even know that I’m going to decorate before the baby gets here. Also don’t know if I want to put the baby in with DD or in their own rooms. But themes thinking of doing some murals on the walls, especially if I do Calvin and Hobbes or Dr. Seuss. Stardew Valley is also super cute and would make a cute nursery if I based it off that.

We spend a week in Antigua and a week on Catalina island.

Super outgoing, friendly, fearless, but way more stupid and dramatic than now. If there was someone new to the school, I'd usually invite them to hang out with me and my friends until they found their place so they wouldn't have to eat alone. I hung out with the choir/band/theater kids, but cliques didn’t really exist to me because all my friends were really great and accepting and there wasn’t anyone at school I felt like I couldn’t talk to or be friends with. I wasn’t one of the “popular” kids, but almost everyone knew me and liked me well enough. I had a lot of fun.

It’ll be 12 years married in May, we’ve been together since I was 19, so.....15 years in January? Dang. That's, like, almost half my life. And I never wanted to get married! :D

Being poked. I can’t STAND it. And having my students ask me “what are we doing today” as they walk in the door. NOPE.

Falling even further behind in my higher education. I was so focused on getting pregnant I didn’t think about how I was going to make school work, and now I’m not really sure what to do regarding timing.

*snip*

Me too!! I had my son 6 weeks before my senior year of college and managed to finish my BS but I couldn't imagine getting my masters with one, let alone two kids. But realistically I would never make enough with a bachelors degree in social work to justify working FT with the cost of daycare. I guess I'm destined to be a SAHM until at least the oldest are in school. 
  • @acunamatada I was TOTALLY a hippie turned punk in high school! I still feel like I'm pretty punk rock, even though I look like a boring mom most days now. 

@d_marie_23 LOVE tht fairies book!!

@zombiehoohaa What's an Aggie?
  • @christycalifornia An aggie is someone who was/is in agriculture. I was in FFA (Future Farmers of America) all throughout high school and the year after I graduated. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

How we are going to afford daycare for 2!

CCO for a financial advisory firm

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

I've never really done themes, but if it's a boy we will probably do something with arrows or maps to go with the current pictures we have up on the wall in our DS room. If it's a girl...well...same!

Sonoma CA

Not motivated, obnoxious. HATED my DH (we reconnected about 15 years after high school)

5 years

People who chew loud, gum chewers...I 110% percent suffer from misophonia

• 1) My biggest fear once my second little arrives is that I won’t have enough love for two babies! I am so in love with my son I just can’t imagine sharing that love.. It’s silly, I know.. But that’s my biggest worry.

2) My husband is an Air Traffic Controller in the United States Air Force. We are stationed in the U.K. 

3) No nursery ideas for me. We bed share/co sleep so there’s no need for one!

4) We didn’t take a honeymoon but since being stationed in Europe we have traveled a LOT. Our favorite place so far is Spain. We’ve been twice and that’s actually where this little was conceived  <3

5) In high school I wasn’t really any stereotype! I was an athlete/nerd/artsy person lol I was friends with everyone!

6) My husband and I have been together for 6 years and married for 4 years on February 2. He says we should have been together for 7 years but I wouldn’t let him out of the friend zone lol

7) My biggest pet peeve, and I have MANY, is probably just rudeness in general. I hate seeing someone treating another person poorly for no reason. Like, smile at them, say thank you! Don’t be a dick lol You never know when your respect and kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day or even their life!

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• 1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc? Birth is probably the biggest worry.  At this point I would like to go without an epidural, but I am a little nervous.  

2. What's your H/SO do for a living? He is an electrical engineer (I am mechanical)

3. Nursery themes/ideas? We are going to do Calvin and Hobbes.  It is my husband's favorite comic strip and we plan to paint a mural on the wall.  We have had this picked out for years even before we were married.

4. Where'd you go on your honeymoon? (If you didn't have one or aren't married, where would you love to travel to?)  We took our honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, but we took it the year after we got married.  We figured buying a house was a better idea at that point.

5. What were you like in high school? (Ex: prep, jock) I was a jock nerd.  I played a few sports but I was also in a lot of the harder science classes.

6. How long have you and H/SO been together and married? we will be together for 10 years this June and married for 4 this May.

7. What annoys you most/biggest pet peeve? People who are responsible for specific things that you rely on and they totally just let it fall behind or don't care about it.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

I'm worried my son will feel neglected, concerned about daycare, and I've been thinking about labor for some reason. 

Store manager of Advance Auto, currently on the waitlist for the elevator union

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

baby will be in our room and then share a room with DS unless we buy a house before baby transitions. 

We didn't take a honeymoon, but we planned on going out to the West Coast, mainly Oregon. He has never been, and it's one of my favorite places. 

hung out with a specific group of people, but we didn't really have a label. I guess the car kids? 

I've known him for over 12 years, together 3, married almost 3 months!

Whoa. Like @acunamatada said, the non-driving people, mouth noises, people who act like they have no common sense, people who play dumb...whoo man. I got a few. 

FTM- right now it seems not being able to breastfeed. My mom did for 4 of us, so I’m sure she can help but it still makes me nervous. 

He is a teaching assistant.

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

Right now- I like the gender neutral themes Dumbo or Winne the Pooh. We haven’t decided if we want baby’s gender to be a surprise yet. 

We went to the Secrets resort in Jamaica- we still listen to songs we heard for the first time there and relax all over again!

I hung out with the smart kids but was not smart (they were the top 30 in our class) I was also a theater kid and knew just about everyone at our school. 

We’ve been together for 13 years, married for 5!

People who hit you with their backpack on the subway- I’m short so if people have theIt’s bags on- they literally swipe me in the face..... ugh.... I hate that!

4thTM - Being able to balance it all. But that's my fear with every pregnancy and somehow I find my way. 

He's a quality assurance director 

3. Nursery themes/ideas?

Boo's getting #3's room. If it's a boy, nothing will change. It's neutral greys, sort of a tribal rustic type feel. If it's a girl, I have no clue where to start. 

Jamaica 

I don't think I fell into a category. I guess you can say I was friends with everyone. 

Married 10 years, together 14 years

Definitely entitlement, that's a good one!

• 1. What's your biggest fear as a FTM/STM/TTM, etc? TTM - basically just keeping up with everything AND giving everyone enough attention. I know the love will be there, and be strong, but my guilt comes from not feeling adequate enough to be the mom & wife I want to be. 

2. What's your H/SO do for a living? He's a software engineer

3. Nursery themes/ideas? baby #3 will be in DS's old room, which is already painted teal/aqua with orange accents. No themes done with any of my children--just focused on colors. If DS isn't ready for the toddler bed, then we'll have to buy a new crib and that will just be as basic as they come. We got a super nice one for DD, that was passed on to DS, but we don't need two super nice cribs. DD and DS are sharing a dresser now (another super nice purchase for #1) so #3 gets DS's small old dresser. That's about it.

4. Where'd you go on your honeymoon? We went to Oahu, Hawaii. We stayed at my grandfather's house (yup, i have family there!) and also some nights in Waikiki and then on a private beach on the Marine's base. Waikiki was our least favorite since we really like to get into the local scene when we travel and the beaches were way better at our two other locations.

5. What were you like in high school? (Ex: prep, jock) I was just a generic suburban white high schooler who hung out with almost every group in my grade as my interests and hobbies were so broad. I think I looked more like one of the alternative kids, but my best friends were also just normal suburban girls into sports and music. 

6. How long have you and H/SO been together and married? We have been together over 10 years, known each other longer, and have been married over 5 years now. 

7. What annoys you most/biggest pet peeve? I don't like being climbed on, or my hair being patted/mussed up. I can't stand dumb and/or dangerous drivers. I also hate when college students can't seem to solve the simplest problems and think it's everyone else's fault...their parents are usually the same way. At work my blood boils when I hear that a parent has called our office asking a question on behalf of their ADULT child. This isn't high school!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!