May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check In (week of 11/27): Fourth Week of May 5/20-5/26

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May 5/20-5/26. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?

Re: Due Date Check In (week of 11/27): Fourth Week of May 5/20-5/26

• Options
    15 weeks tomorrow - Due 5/22 and Baby is the size of an apple

I always have a hard time staying motivated around the holidays, I am wfh today because DS is sick, and hoping he is better tomorrow so I can get back into the office.  I haven't been there in a week.  
    Rants - MIL is a little weird when it comes to baby news, two of SO's cousins are pregnant and due in May too.  She is irritated that they already have a lot of June birthdays on that side of the family and now May is lining up to be a busy month as well.  I don't get it... she doesn't celebrate them all, so what does it matter? 

OB appt this friday.  I think just a quick check for my vitals and then probably will locate the hb with the doppler, but not too sure.  

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?
    I have only bought one present so far, a lego set for my nephew.  I still have to buy for 4 nieces and a load of in laws, sisters and parents.  And I don't quite know what the best gift is this year... this is TBD.  I don't think SO and I will exchange gifts this year. And we are going to do minimal for DS.  He's only 2, so he will be happy with a few things and I know our family is going to go crazy with gifts for him. 
  • Options

15w today. 5/21. Says an orange lol

i dont know if thanksgiving leftovers finally caught up with me, but my stomach is a hot mess and its not MS. Im still tired. Started decoratinf the house for cmas, my DH was no help... at all. I cooked for us for thanksgiving  sonwed have our own food. I refused to do the dishes. I left them there. He just did them yesterday. Me=1; DH=0

regular check in next week. But i also have to go get bloodwork for some test this week.

almost done. Best gift is flying my sister and her bf home for christmas from seattle to suprise my parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bowow615, my mil said to me "well, 2 of the girls (our nieces) have May birthdays already. We were counting in this one being August." I think my jaw bruised from hitting the floor. Like, sorry we did this one natural and didnt require ivf like we planned!
    Why can't people be happy for healthy babies?

15w1d, the 20th 

Feeling ok. I'm in that weird "feeling frumpy, no real symptoms anymore, still not feeling movement" phase. 

Nope. 3 more weeks.

We are done with the kids. I started buying for them this summer when they did clearance summer clothes. I'm excited to give them personalized chairs similar to those anywhere chairs from Pottery Barn, but half the price. DH keeps sitting in doll strollers to watch tv so I think he'll like his own chair.
    The problem is, where do we put all their new crap????
    DH and I have discussed not exchanging gifts. I think we'll still do something small, but nothing too crazy.

• Options
    14+2 due May 26.  Baby is the size of a troll doll!

I've been feeling pretty good lately.  Happy to be in the second tri!  My rant is that we are in the process of fixing up and rearranging the house so we can get it listed (hopefully by this weekend) so right now it's just kind of in shambles until everything ends where it needs to.  I'm just feeling overwhelmed with the whole moving process.  

I have my first appointment with the MFM next week.  The first midwife I saw told me I wouldn't have to see an MFM because my pre e was so mild last time but the second midwife I saw said she wants me to have a consultation anyway.  I'm kinda on the fence about it but I guess I'd rather be overly cautious about it.  

I just need a few more things for my daughter.  I'm having a hard time deciding how much/what to get her because she turns one the day after Christmas so between the holiday and her birthday, I think we're going to get an overload of stuff from family. 
  • Options
    @bwow615 @suchaglencoco I can't believe your MILs actually said stuff like that!  You should say "sorry we weren't thinking about your preferences while we were having sex"
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina, dont worry. I definitely said something along those lines and rolled my eyes at her.
    Have you thought of getting older toys for DD to spread out throughout the year? That's what we do since the twins have December birthdays. I legit just found some puzzles we got last year for 2+ years old I was debating on giving them this week. We also got a lot of summer toys last year that we stored for 6 months until they were able to use them.
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco that's a really good idea!  I even said to my husband the other day that it stinks that she has a  December birthday because all of the gifts she'll get will always be the same age range.  At least our May babies won't have that problem!
  • Options
    I am 14 weeks along and due 5/23/18. The baby is the size of a lemon!

I haven't been feeling very well. I'm still lacking energy and having nausea and headaches. Is anyone else struggling to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours a night?

I had my most recent appoint last Friday. Everything looks good and I'm hoping to feel better soon. We have to decide if we want to have the blood test for Spina Bifida or not. Does anyone have any input or experience with this blood test? We opted out the first time (it was in a different state, different doctor and different test). I want to make sure we are being responsible parents.

I still need to shop for parents and in-laws. I'm not sure which gift is the best. I have less confidence in my gifts than usual. :neutral:
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina, we got a couple of Little People sets that they're just now really getting into. I think I busted them out a couple of months ago?
    We also got a picnic table and water table that we stored in the basement until May/June.
    In my mind, any toy up to the next year of life is acceptable and our family agreed.
  • Options
    @LCKM testing is always a personal choice. Whatever choice is right for you is the responsible one. 

If you're talking about the afp test, it's nice that its very easy to get if that's your choice. Also, even though ultrasound isn't perfect, if you're getting the 20 week, they should be able to see an obvious neural tube defect. This last part is my opinion but you'd think that if the NTD was too small to detect by ultrasound, it would be easily fixable by surgery anyway.
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco thanks for the suggestions!  Water table, radio flyer wagon, little people set, ball pit, and parachute are on their way to our house
  • Options
    All great ideas!!÷
  • Options
    @LCKM testing is totally a personal choice. We are not doing any testing because the false positive rate for the tests we could get is too high for my anxiety to handle. Different doctors/states have different testing, I would suggesting talking it though with your doctor and then decide with your partner what you feel is best for you.

I'm late posting this week due to business trip that took over my life....

15 weeks, 5 days

Just got home and setting back in, laundry etc. DH did a great job of keeping everything going when I was gone.

Not for a couple weeks...

I haven't even started yet. This is going to be an Amazon Prime Christmas, I did start making a list of who to buy for today though.
  • Options
    bwow615 said:
    This is a weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May 5/20-5/26. 

How far along: 15 weeks 4 days - Due 5/24. 

What’s going on: I’ve started feeling the baby move this week! As far as how I’m feeling - nausea and exhaustion are gone. But my god, my allergies are a mess right now. It’s super annoying. 

No upcoming appointments - closest one is Dec 22 when I have my quad screen and then jam 2nd we have our anatomy screen. 

GTKY: Not even close to being done. I actually just started o.o