Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment 12/4

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one of your big (non- TTC related) fears?

Re: IF Testing and Treatment 12/4

• Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor because my insurance only covers 2-3 (there are caveats for having 3 done) IVF cycles in a lifetime, and I have a cap on fertility treatment, so I want to make sure if I am doing it, its worth it.

@lulu1180 I am glad your prolactin went down! As for shampoos, I believe Moroccan Oil is phthalate and paraben free.
  • @kariann323 Over 20 pounds is really good! Hopefully since you've already developed your healthy habits, the Thanksgiving weight will come right off. I'm sure the RE will understand it's the holidays and you're on progesterone. 

@kiwi2628 Oh, there's the kicker. I am so sorry! That is such a tough decision. 

@laurad75 So glad to hear things are going well! What will you be doing on your day off? 
  • @kiwo2628 I know this has been asked by PPs, but will they try a new protocol next time? And do you have the option to continue if you wanted? And did your insurance have a limit on cycles? I'm so sorry though. Ugly cry all day. I've done it at work, and while I think people are upset with you, it's nice to have those moments alone. Love you girl.

@skilledsailor ugh, stinks about the side effects. What's happening? 

@lulu1180 I hope this mental break was exactly what you needed! Can I ask what your RE wants your prolactin to be at? Mine has been 3 and under since I started the meds. They've cut my dose but I'm still responding well, but they want to see it around 5?

@kariann323 You should be so proud of 20 pounds! Weight loss is not linear. It has its peaks and valleys, but as long as it's a downward trend, you're doing good. When my husband's clients get discouraged about 20-30 pounds, he tells them to find something that weighs as much and carry it around for a bit. It's amazing how much of a difference 20 pounds is. I understand the disappointment of a few pounds back on.. but that sounds like moderation. We gotta live!!

@laurad75 I'm so excited for you that you're finally here! Have a relaxing day off and hopefully the week passes quickly!
  • @kiwi2628 what a huge disappointment. I can't imagine going through the process of stimming just to cancel. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @dpjennifer I’m a twin and have raised that concern with my RE he didn’t seem worried since my cycles were monitored. If you get overstimulated they can cancel the cycle but even for those who don’t have twins in the family there is still about a 13% chance of getting KU with twins with clomid. How many cycles have you been trying and are you under 35? Did your RE recommend trying on your own or was that the decision you and YH came to?

@shortstack930 glad you’re moving forward! Looks like your AFC count is great!
  • @Avrilmai Good luck with the clomid.  Hopefully you are side effect free! And that it works this cycle of course! ;)

@dpjennifer I am on femara, which is in some ways similar to clomid, but I am on it to help with better quality eggs, not to make me ovulate.  My AMH is slightly elevated, so I have a few too many follicles each month. His hope was that the femara would stimulate more hormone production and therefore make each egg stronger. I have PCOM, so no clomid for me. It also isn’t effective after several cycles, like you said. 

@shortstack930 I’m glad you have a plan in place.  Are you starting next cycle?  I hate the hurry up and wait that is IF

@beachbunnyxo123 Good to hear that you have a different RE. Stress is real, and the last thing you need right now is to be stressed out about an RE you don’t trust to do that procedure doing that procedure, only adding to the already stressful time.  I don’t know the OOP

@alohakumu I LOVE the idea of a natural thread.  I think a lot of us here are into natural products/remedies, so I am all for it.  Great idea!  And I am happy for you that the time is here for you! Also that you have a group of women IRL to talk to.  There have been so many times that I am in a city where I know one of you lives and I am always so tempted to see if anyone wants to meet up.

• @dpjennifer so over two years of trying with no successful pregnancy? And no treatment cycles between testing? I’m surprised she would tell you to keep trying on your own. Have you seen an RE yet or is this nurse from an RE practice? 
  • @SkilledSailor No, not yet. RE said that they'd do it with the sample he gives for the IUI. FX it's better!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • KristoKekerooni Thanks for the info! Unfortunately this is probably our last 'chance' at a baby. I would be willing to go through IVF and/or adoption for a baby, but DH is more of a "if it happens, it happens" type. So he's been willing to do all the testing and try some medication, but IVF and adoption are out for us. IVF isn't covered by our insurance and I was told IUI wouldn't help me. So if we can't have a successful PG on a medicated cycle, we'll be done. :( 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @KristoKekerooni we used south Miami pharmacy for our meds and loved them. They're customer service is awesome and everything shipped on time and conveniently. They were recommended by my clinic but they were also the cheapest I could find. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @kiwi2628 I'm really sorry.  It's so disappointing.  It sounds like you are doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and move past this.   

@KristoKekerooni I use Village Pharmacy and have been really happy with them.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @kiwi2628 big big hugs. And ice cream. And wine.   <3

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @kiwi2628 I'm so, so sorry that your cycle is canceled. (That's great about the insurance, but it seems it's a small comfort during this time.) I know I needed a break in our cycle when we got the bad news after DH's surgery, so definitely take the time you need to process all of this. I hope 2018 brings much better things for you. <3
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @kiwi2628 Oh man! Well the effin sucks!! Keep your head up doll and drink away!!
  • edited December 2017
    @kiwi2628 I’m so very sorry friend. Take all the time you need.

@KristoKekerooni depending on where AF lands I’m scheduled to start stims on about 1/9 so it looks like we will be stim buddies!!! My RE just told me my nurse is leaving so it makes me nervous that we haven’t even discussed meds and you’ve ordered them already! I’ll have to follow up with him Thursday after my saline. Don’t want anything falling through the cracks while a new nurse is transitioning