Infertility

December IVF anyone???

Re: December IVF anyone???

• @ndz2018 Hope your insurance approval goes through quickly! Nothing like extra stress added to this process :/

@kiwi2628 Good luck at your u/s tomorrow! I used to do the Ganirelix on a 45 degree angle in my leg instead of my stomach since you start to run out of room really quickly!!!

@Sparrow004 Welcome! Good luck with your stims!

@bpietronicco Yay for starting! Glad you got the meds and insurance stuff figured out. Phew!

AFM, so far the tests related to my chest pain have come back normal. I'm just waiting on one more. I started taking the Zantac and have felt pretty good with very little of the pain I was experiencing, so I think it was just a combo of heartburn and indigestion. The IVF coordinator called me today and said I can call in with my next day 1 on or after December 11th which works out perfectly since AF is due the 19th/20th. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @ndz2018 Usually you do the anagonist (the ganirelix that stings) for 3-5 days. A lot of it depends on what my ultrasound shows tomorrow though.
  • Loading the player...
  • @tosh24 So glad you’re feeling better! Let’s hope it was just heartburn, did they recommend an endoscopy ? I’ve had heartburn/indigestion issues and have had like 2 of them and they’ve never found anything. And YAY for getting cleared!!’

@kiwi2628 FX tomorrow that your ovaries are  cooperating!! GL!!
  • @kiwi2628 those look like some good numbers. Woo hoo for ER next week, so exciting!
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• How are my December IVF ladies doing? I am going on day 5 on stims on an agonist protocol. I had blood works done yesterday and I have my first ultrasound scheduled on Monday. Anxious to see what shows up! I had a antagonist protocol last time and I had my trigger shot on day 10 and of course eggs removed 36 hours afterwards. I was told by the nurse that stims may be shorter with an agonist protocol. 
  • @Sparrow004 good luck with ultrasound Mon. I won't be starting til later this month it seems so far away but I love cheering from the sidelines for now.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @kiwi2628 awesome!

@Sparrow004 I am on day 2 of stims with an antagonist protocol.  This is my 1st IVF cycle.  I have ultrasound and blood work on Monday.  

@tosh24 glad you are feeling better!!
  • Thank you @mandurz! You'll be out of the sidelines in no time!

@bpietronicco , we are just about on the same schedule. I am already feeling quite bloated. 

If anyone here is on Instagram I would love to follow your journey on their too. I have an IVF account documenting this cycle and my first. It's @sparrowtales
  • Just did my Trigger! I haven’t been this excited in a while! No more shots!! Ladies, thinking of you all tonight. I hope everyone has a great week with great results and happy thoughts! 
  • @krenee124 woo hoo for trigger! Can't wait to hear how many mature eggs you get, I am sure it will be a good number!
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• So, I have to wait until my doctor calls, but they think they are gonna cancel my cycle. I have 3 follicles that are 19-20 today, and everything else (3 more) are only 12, so...yea. Not a lot. I am devastated. Like, ugly sobbing at the RE's office, trying not to cry at work now, I may just leave work today. But I may be leaving you guys.
  • @kiwi2628 hugs!!! I am so sorry. I am thinking good thoughts for you.  
  • @kiwi2628 I’m so sorry :( That really sucks! Sending you love and light doll! 
  • Oh no, @kiwi2628 :( Not the update I was hoping to see from you today. Are you OOP for the cycle? If you are, I could see making a decision that takes finances into consideration, but if not and you have insurance coverage, I might continue on with the cycle anyway. I know the odds are greater with more eggs, but it does only take one. And you might gain some valuable information (suspected egg quality, fertilization, embryo development) from continuing with the cycle which can help you in subsequent cycles if you end up needing them. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. This process is definitely not easy. (((hugs)))  

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @tosh24 we have insurance coverage, but we have a 2-3 cycle max (a 3rd would have caveats) and a total fertility cost benefit max, so if I am gonna do it, I want the biggest bang for my buck, so to speak.
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited December 2017
    @kiwi2628  yeah, makes sense. Do they only count it as a cycle if you make it to ER? I know with me, if my cycle is cancelled after I start stims but before ER, it's still counted as a cycle. I hope you are able to make peace with whatever decision you make. 

ETA: I'm not sure what your diagnosis is. If you don't have MFI issues, would you consider converting to IUI? 

TFAS since 2012

• OK! Surgery to remove the septum in my uterus scheduled Jan 8th!!! I have A pre-op appointment Jan 3rd guess I’ll find out how long he will want me to heal then we can schedule our FET!
    Im still waiting for my new nurse to call me today to find out how SOs 3RD SA went! 
  • @kiwi2628 I am sorry they may possibly cancel but I understand wanting more for the money. I hope it works. 

@ndz2018 good luck with surgery, hope you get all healed up fast for an FET.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @ndz2018 good luck with your surgery!!

AFM This will be day 4 of stims-  had ultrasound and blood work today.  Said that I have 15 follicles but only 2 are measurable. They did say it’s still early.  They increased my gonal-f from 250 to 300 for the next 2 days and go back in on Wed morning. 

• OK! We are just waiting for CD 1 and we can get a move on with our ER this cycle. Spoke to my new nurse today, love her already. If AF showed up tomorrow I plan on getting on my insurance company in the morning to see if we can move it along quicker to approve the ICSI this way I won’t have to start BCP on CD3.

@bpietronicco Hope your ovaries cooperate!!
  • @kiwi2628 I am sorry you’ve had a rough time with this cycle. It would be amazing if they could give you a little more time on stims and get those little guys to grow fast!! 3-4 good size follicles is still promising though! I’m curious like the other ladies, can they convert you to IUI? That would be wonderful! 
  • @krenee124 more time on stims at this point won't help. 

We are just gonna do TI and switch protocols in January. I can't emotionally do an IUI, so we triggered last night and are just having TI. We will be trying a MDL protocol in early January so thats that. Good luck to everyone!
  • @kiwi2628 oh perfect! I’m praying you don’t even have to worry about next months protocol! I’m believing big things for you with the TI!! :blush:
  • *lurking*

Are you here @dragonette505? I'm wondering how you are doing. I haven't seen you on recently, I hope everything is working along well.
  • Went for monitoring today- I have 17 follicles with 8 that are measureable between 8.7 and 11.5.  Starting cetrotide tonight and go back in on Friday for monitoring 
  • @bpietronicco Great update! Continuing to send "grow" vibes your way!

TFAS since 2012

• @bpietronicco those numbers sound great! 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• Thanks everyone!  Any updates from you ladies??
  • Me, I'm just chugging along. Feeling much better now that I'm taking the Zantac. Kind of peeved that heartburn got my November IVF cycle cancelled, but glad it ended up being something easily treatable and that all my heart tests came back normal. I think I O'd yesterday (or maybe today) - I ran out of my IC OPKs and really could have used one more test to confirm, but oh well. Doesn't really matter which day as long as I know I O'd (I O consistently every cycle so a + OPK always means I O). I go in for my progesterone test on Sunday morning and if all is good, I will start Estrace on Monday. AF should be here Dec 18th or 19th and then the fun begins. I'll either be on day 4 or 5 of stims on Christmas day, so I'm hoping I don't have too many awful side effects (I have a migraine disorder and hormones really screw with me) because I am hosting Christmas this year :#  Expected ER would be around Dec 31/Jan 1 and hopefully a 5dt after that (and I REALLY hope I get a few to freeze). Although I have been TTC for the last 5.5 years, the last 2 years have been the most difficult, emotionally and physically. I am hoping with everything I've got that 2018 is our take home baby year. 

TFAS since 2012

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @tosh24 WOW! Girl, you’ve got a lot going on in the next few weeks! I REALLY hope you get your take home baby 2018! 5.5 years is a long time and you deserve it! 

AFM, Just waiting for CD 1, I feel it coming.. today is CD 30 so should be tomorrow or the next day. Called my finance coordinator this morning to see if she heard back from the insurance still waiting for that call back. I’m hoping it’s a go!! I may Try calling the insurance co later this afternoon regardless. I’m a little worried that AF won’t start tomorrow which may screw my weekend plans up but that’s TBD. As for this up coming cycle I’m going to keep my expectations low so I’m not dissappointed should I not respond well or whatever. Obvi deep down I’m hoping for a lot and some to freeze as well!
  • @ndz2018 Ugh, I know. I wasn't supposed to host Christmas but was asked to out of the blue last week because the family member that was supposed to host this year has a sick friend she is looking after. I was planning on a nice, relaxing Christmas this year - I even made reservations at a restaurant for Christmas Eve so I didn't have to lift a finger. Oh well.

Hope CD 1 comes for you tomorrow! So exciting to get going!!! I hear you on tempering your expectations. I have to remind myself to rein in my optimism constantly. I want to be so hopeful but I have to remember that sometimes cycles do not go as planned. I would also love to get a few to freeze but who knows.  

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 I have hope for the both of us! I am planning on going down the shore this weekend, we’re in NJ and though it’s winter we still go every weekend Bc honestly it feels like our little( and it is small lol) getaway. We start a fire, kick back and relax.. BUT problem is i still don’t have my meds!!! So if AF comes tomorrow and we don’t have that approval I have A feeling I’ll be starting BCP on CD 3 bc I cant do anything without that approval so it may all work out for the best. 
  • Looks like I’ll be starting BCP :/ just spoke to the insurance company it’s still under review. They submitted on Monday. They said it could take up to 15 days. We can’t move forward till It’s approved. I guess i was hoping for a miracle... I need to practice not patience anyway. 
  • @ndz2018 did you ask to speak to someone higher up to perhaps get it expedited?? I had to do that recently for a referral so that I could start my cycle.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @bpietronicco I did not but I may have to do that tomorrow if AF shows up!! 
  • @ndz2018 I really hope they get it done especially if af starts tomorrow.

@tosh24 if I found out it was heartburn I would probably hysterically laugh so hard they would probably put me in a padded room. For real I am glad it was something easy to overcome without much medical intervention.

AFM I start BCP Sunday and nurse said I should have AF and start meds before Christmas, ER sometime first week of Jan. (Probably should have started on the Jan board but don't feel like switching over now lol.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz Glad you’re staying!! As much as I want it to come I kinda hope it doesn’t.. to give it more time but I may have to use @bpietronicco advice and see if I cant get if expedited