August 2018 Moms

Symptoms, 12/3

All the symptoms? None of the symptoms? Let’s hear it!

Re: Symptoms, 12/3

• This is my second pregnancy. Last time I didn’t even feel pregnant until at least 9-10 weeks. I’m 5+2 and I’m SO TIRED. Just. So. Tired. Yesterday I took a two hour nap during toddler nap time. I’m never going to make at this rate. And the RLP already started. I think I felt it once or twice towards the end of last pregnancy. Now every time I sneeze or cough or get up too fast, all the shooting pains! Ugh. I thought it’d be a little easier this time or at least same. 
  • I'm 5w3d and not really feeling much of anything yet, except bloated.  With my first two pregnancies, I didn't feel much until I was closer to 8 weeks and even then, it was just plain exhaustion.

I know I'm going to miss the days before DD1 was born when I could nap and rest whenever I wanted.  With two kids running around, I don't see this happening much.  

• Loading the player...
  • For my boys I had basically zero first tri
    symptoms (trust, I got payback later with extremely bad heartburn). With my losses I had a ton of nausea though and already it’s starting off and on this time. Not sure if it’s jyst my advancing age making it worse (37), the culmination of pregnancies (this is #6), or well the owt about the sex (lol). 

Im only 4w3 and it isn’t much yet but I get touches of nausea when I’m hungry, and some food weirdness - not quite aversions more like food seems unappealing at times. I had some sharp cheddar and triscuits as a snack the other night and the cheddar tasted like super meh and not at all sharp of that makes sense. Like mush in my mouth. And my sweet tooth is all but gone. 

Last two times the nausea and exhaustion really kicking in by 5w so I’m on borrowed time I feel. I’m already consistently falling asleep in some child or another’s bed at bedtime, which is not something I do outside of pregnancy. I’m dreading the exhaustion kicking in. 1st tri exhaustion is NO JOKE. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I’m only 3w6d and am already sooo tired. I have been sleeping 9 hours a night. I have also had mild cramps every day for like a week now which makes me super nervous but I guess is implantation related and/or my uterus growing already? Things are also smelling and tasting different to me too, my favorite La Croix (pamplemousse) started tasting more tart. And my boobs are pretty sore/heavy, I have to periodically hold them up to relieve the heaviness. I was convinced this was all in my head before my BFP but now think I must just be having symptoms on the early side as a first timer.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I haven’t had much.  When I got my BFP I was totally exhausted and had a wave of nausea, but things have since leveled off.  Not feeling much at the moment so we’ll just have to see what happens!  Aside from a brief SCH with my son, and awful heartburn at the end, he was a really easy pregnancy.  Here’s hoping this one will be the same!

I’m still breastfeeding my son so I can say my nipples are pretty sensitive.  I’m thinking I will try to wean him after winter.
  • I had no symptoms with the exception of a little cramping a few days ago. Until today when the nausea set in big time. I can’t even look at food. With ds it was similar, no morning sickness but just Nausea with certain foods, especially the smell of meat being cooked. I didn’t eat meatloaf for 4 years after ds! 
  • I’m approx 4w6d and my main symptom is cramping. Which is totally making me nervous — I don’t remember this last time. I had a little bit of nausea yesterday but I don’t know if that was exhaustion or true pregnancy symptom. I’ve become such a light sleeper (I was last time too) I wake up with my husbands alarm at 5am. So I’ve been napping but I think that’s his fault lol
  • I'm really tired and grumpy, but that is probably a combination of pregnancy, plus more hours/more days at work, plus my 10 month old is in the middle of a serious sleep regression.
    Boobs are tender, but nowhere near what they were at this point in my last pregnancy. I am still breastfeeding, so that might have something to do with it.
    Nausea was pretty rough on Monday-Wednesday so I started back on my vitamin B supplement and it's much better for now!
  • Not too much going on at 5w, a bit more tired, some cramping and moodiness. With my last two pregnancies I didn't have any nausea until 6-8 weeks so I'm just waiting for it to rear it's ugly head. 
  • I've been having some cramping which vacillates between the left and right sides and all over. With DS I was always very sappy and crying during his pregnancy. Last night we went to our town's Christmas parade and I started sobbing at the beginning of it and throughout various parts--for no real reason! Hormones? Overwhelmed? Hmmmm, who knows!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I’m around 5 w and nausea totally hit today. I gag everytime I open the fridge for something and my water has to be ice cold. I felt this way until about 14 weeks with my son. I’m also exhausted.

@Krysta6 I had a ton of cramping with DS. I worried a lot about it too, but it went away and all was fine. I think it’s just everything stretching maybe? 

• Cramping all this week (week 4) and some brown spotting. GP assures me this is normal. I am an RN and I have felt a little nauseous and very exhausted the morning after night shifts. Luckily a few dry crackers and some ginger tea seems to make it alright again. Also I burst into tears and ugly cried to my husband the other day, :neutral: feeling very emotional haha
  • Krysta6 said:
    I’m approx 4w6d and my main symptom is cramping. Which is totally making me nervous — I don’t remember this last time. I had a little bit of nausea yesterday but I don’t know if that was exhaustion or true pregnancy symptom. I’ve become such a light sleeper (I was last time too) I wake up with my husbands alarm at 5am. So I’ve been napping but I think that’s his fault lol
    Me too, however I went to my doc and he assured me that it is all normal! Freaks you out a bit. 
  • 5w3d and I am nauseous all the time. My boobs are sore. I am so tired but can't sleep in past 5am and I never wake up early normally. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited December 2017
    I'm very very very early still and have no symptoms other than maybe *TMI * some increased CM and for two days in a row I was absolutely exhausted by like 5:30. Had zero m/s with DS but did have wicked heartburn later on like you @pghctwife so who knows what'll happen this time round. Would love to avoid the m/s if possible! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk it’s the worst!!! I was on pretty high rx meds for it, which did help. I had to totally avoid chocolate, ice cream, sweets or I paid dearly. Unfair!!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• pghctwife said:
    @ecwk it’s the worst!!! I was on pretty high rx meds for it, which did help. I had to totally avoid chocolate, ice cream, sweets or I paid dearly. Unfair!!
    That's just brutal! I wasn't on rx drugs but on max dosage of Zantac and even still there were times that swallowing just water was just awful! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah with my first I suffered only with tums and it was so dumb lol. After that I went for meds and it was soooo much better. Didn’t cure it but manageable. 
    Im very short waisted and thing that contributed - squished organs etc lol

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Starting morning sickness... I'm tired but glad my 6 month old is sleeping through the night and napping 2-3 times per day. Trying to sleep when baby sleeps and not stress about cleaning, etc
  • 5 weeks today. Been super nauseous last few days and nothing sounds good. If i can force myself to eat past the nausea it goes away for a little bit. I am exhausted!! Very mild cramping that alternates from left to right.  My boobs are swollen, painful at times but not constantly... I cry over every little thing. Oh and I have had the worst heartburn on the planet since 3.5 weeks. Had no idea this all could start so early... gonna be a long 1st trimester but with 2 previous losses I am going to enjoy even the bad!!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes to all the tiredness! I’ve also been extra thirsty.
  • astraealynnastraealynn member
    edited December 2017
    I had more symptoms in the 4 week more but they seemed to have mostly waned off by now. It concerns me a bit since my previous pregnancy had me feeling like a train wreck and puking all day! I guess this is normal but it seems odd to me to not be tired (yet) or to be that sick (yet.) 
  • 5w5d (I believe). Not a ton of syptoms. I was feeling more nauseous last week. Crazy dreams. Coffee aversion. Tiredness. It turns out I had a UTI last week (thought it was mostly pregnancy symptoms) so now that I've treated that it's hard to tell what's what!

• 4w4d #4. I found out actually at week 3; and I feel this one
  • Hi everyone. Happy to see the august board up. This is my second. Today I'm 5 weeks. My symptoms have been sensitivity to smell, cravings, exhaustion, and my hips and lower back are killing me. With my first I didn't have symptoms until 9 weeks but I had hyperemesis in my second trimester so I'm a little nervous.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So far I’ve just been tired and thirsty. That’s pretty normal for me. I’ve had some indigestion, but who knows if it’s pregnancy related! Some cramping, but I thought it was AF! Early pregnancy symptoms are so confusing.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Really tired. I battled a lot of fatigue last time and didn't realize fatigue was a pregnancy symptom, so I didn't really give myself any slack on that front. This time I'm planning to go to bed when I want/can rather than trying to pry my eyelids open because "only old people go to bed at 8," lol. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• With my first I had very few symptoms, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the same this go around! With my mc I had really bad nausea, I totally get the complaints that come about morning sickness, it was AWFUL!! This pregnancy I'm going to try and be more mindful of weight gain and exercise....so once those food cravings come along I'm shooting them down!!
  • My heart is racing, extremely thirsty, and yesterday my quinoa and chicken lunch totally grossed me out (this is what prompted me to test this morning!).  These are all similar to what I experienced with my first.  I'm just waiting for some of the worse symptoms to show up..
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake I need to be more mindful or weight and excercise too! I’m already 10lbs heavier than I was when I got KU with my DS and I wasn’t even happy at that weight. We’ll help keep each other accountable in our Fit Mom Friday thread! And maybe there’s a healthy eating one too, I don’t remember. 
    ps- I love your SN!
  • Are headaches a symptom? Eurgh! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So so nauseous. All the time. 

@ecwk I think they can be. I have a friend who is due in feb and she said she’s had headaches her entire pregnancy this times. I hope for your sake it’s not though. She said it’s been terribly. 
  • 5 weeks 3 days
    My lower back and hips hurt, especially in the evenings. Cramping and just stomach pressure. 
  • sbandrews86sbandrews86 member
    edited December 2017
    @ecwk I get headaches when pregnant! It helps them not be so bad if I stay hydrated and try and keep to bed at a reasonable time!

5w2d and getting evening headaches and some random nausea. My boobs are KILLING me today
  • I started having exhaustion, sore breasts, and mild cramping at 4w. Yesterday I had to buy a new bra, because I've already gained a band size and almost two cup sizes! I haven't gained any weight over the past two months, this is only breasts. I didn't know that was a thing so early! The most significant symptom is how groggy I am all of the time. I get tired frequently, and have been taking regular naps.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk I have been waking up with headaches, dull, kind of like sinus pressure, but I have no congestion.
  • 5 weeks tomorrow... headaches for sure! Bloated. Boob pain. Thirsty allll the time and cramps, which come and go and freak me out! 
  • ecwk said:
    Are headaches a symptom? Eurgh! 
    Oof...your post just reminded me that yes, headaches are a symptom. I got nasty ones the first time around but they didn't last past the first tri if I remember correctly! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I know nothing is really TMI, but.... is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom? Or just an unpleasant coincidence?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I know nothing is really TMI, but.... is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom? Or just an unpleasant coincidence?
    I've been having it since my BFP. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. I have read before that it is a symptom though!

Pregnancy Ticker