July 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 11/27

WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
edited November 2017 in July 2018 Moms
ETA TO EDIT, DELETE, EDIT AGAIN LOL!
I promise I searched and didnt see one for today! I saw meal prep and bitchfest :)

How far along?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

Will you do a "babymoon"? If so, where?
Met: 1/21/2005
Married: 6/27/2008
DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
M/C 6/2012
DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
M/C 12/12/2016
BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 11/27

• dont disregard this is great! who all has a monday ticker change? I was mondays last pregnancy so i always want to check in here haha but im tuesdays this round
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Yay ok cool. game on folks! 
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• Loading the player...
  • dont disregard this is great! who all has a monday ticker change? I was mondays last pregnancy so i always want to check in here haha but im tuesdays this round
    Maybe just me? Lol I'll answer myself.
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
    edited November 2017
    ETA TO EDIT, DELETE, EDIT AGAIN LOL!
    I promise I searched and didnt see one for today! I saw meal prep and bitchfest :)

How far along?
    9 weeks 
    still randomly ravenous and then nauseous; wicked headache today
    not yet
    Random Questions
    NPR- why dont my kids love sleep as much as I do?
    Rants/Raves
    a girl at work asked another if Im pg bc my "belly looks fatter"... eff you
    never have, probably wont. Ill be a beached whale in my pool until I pop

M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• @WorkinWeezel WHAT?! she said that?! nope just nope!!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• How far along?
    - 8 weeks- u/s changed my date back 3 days. 

-a really amazing random burst of energy today. Hey, I’ll take it! Random cravings for everything I see, uh, ungodly bloating after I eat dinner that makes me look 6 months along. Other than that I’m in the pink. 

- Wednesday morning!

Random Questions
    -not that I can think of

Rants/Raves
    -that burst of energy though! Not to brag but I needed it!

-most likely not. This is baby #2. Also, we’re going to Disney in a month so maybe we’ll just count that. 
  • How far along? 5 weeks

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Feeling pretty good so far. Bloating, skin breakout and an increase in burps is what I seem to have going on.

Appointments/US this week None

Random Questions 

Rants/Raves DS is going through a sleep regression and it's getting so hard and taking so long to get him to sleep at night and back to sleep again if he happens to wake. Luckily pregnancy exhaustion has not set in so I'm handling it okay, but I've heard this one (18 mo regression) can last for weeks. Yikes!

Will you do a "babymoon"? If so, where? Nope. I didn't with the first because I wanted to save my PTO for after baby came and that will be the same reason this time - and also because if we go anywhere we'd probably take DS and that's not exactly a babymoon. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Random Questions
    NPR- why dont my kids love sleep as much as I do?

Word. I wish I knew the answer!

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• How far along?  9 weeks today 

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms:  I’ve been taking diclegis and only start to feel nauseous in the evening when it’s time to take another one. I am so emotional. I’m leaving for DC tomorrow and lost my shit when i dropped my son off with grandma because DH works 24 hour shifts. 

Appointments/US this week: none! 

Random Questions: 

Rants/Raves: i feel like i can’t keep up here. 

Will you do a "babymoon"? If so, where? No, unless you count disneyland when i was 3 weeks.
  • thanks @WorkinWeezel !

How far along? 
    5 weeks

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms. ACHES.  everywhere.  my hips and my back especially are killing me.

Appointments/US this week none

Random Questions my midwife said something about the second pregnancy being more uncomfortable but the second labor experience usually being faster and easier.  true?

Rants/Raves  DD is in a major tantrums/hitting/screaming/ generally-losing-her-shit-about-everything phase.  Exhausting.

Will you do a "babymoon"? If so, where?   Maybe something small and local-ish over spring break.  But with the toddler so idk if that counts!

• How far along? 5 weeks

honestly, no real symptoms yet. A bit dizzy and queasy at times and slightly sore nipples but nothing too terrible. It's my first pregnancy and so I'm anxious for symptoms to start to make this feel real. 

I had a fourth confirmation beta on Monday 11/27 which shows my numbers are still doubling (DH and I had three IUI cycles so RE orders a number of betas). First US is 12/6

Random Questions
    as a first time preggo, what is the best time to announce to people? I know most say 12 weeks but does anyone else have any other experience won that, for better or worse?  With the holidays, it may be hard to hide. 

Rants/Raves 
    just super excited to have gotten pregnant and hoping and praying this little One sticks. 

my husband and I were planning a trip to Iceland before we found we were pregnant so we may still go on that trip or we may go somewhere warm but have to be cautious over areas where Zika is prevalent 
  • How far along?
    7 weeks (yesterday, obvs)

Nothing terribly new yet. Still feeling exhausted. Had some slight nausea last night but fingers crossed it was a one time thing. 

My intake appointment is this afternoon. Mainly just tons of family history questions and blood work if I remember correctly. Dying for my U/S!

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    I think DH is having symphothy mood swings. It’s a thing, right?

Eh, it’s number three so it’s not likely. Though, my family’s annual beach vacation is always the last full week in July and I’m due the 16th, so obviously we’ll be missing it this year. I’m so disappointed and holding out hope I can convince DH to take a mini family vacay in June instead.
  • Random Questions
    as a first time preggo, what is the best time to announce to people? I know most say 12 weeks but does anyone else have any other experience won that, for better or worse?  With the holidays, it may be hard to hide. 

Honestly, whenever you’re ready. And you can chose who you tell. Some people like to celebrate early and have people in their corner if heaven forbid something goes wrong. Others like to wait til they feel like they’re in the clear. 

Personally, we’ve done it both ways. DH started telling everyone very early on our first pregnancy. *TW* unfortunately I had a MC and it was very hard untelling people, but it was nice to have support, especially from a lot of women who have experienced the same thing. With DD, we told our parents after my first appointment but waited to make the big announcement at 12 weeks. With DS, we told our parents after the first U/S but didn’t make the big announcement until closer to 15 weeks, mainly because I was so sick I couldn’t muster the energy to do anything cute. This time around, we haven’t told anyone yet. Well, I’ve told two of my closest friends, but that doesn’t count ;) We plan to tell our parents Christmas Eve (Santa visits the kids and is going to give the grandparents a special gift) and then the big announcement likely on New Years. It’s been hard to keep it secret, but I’m excited to have fun ways to tell everyone this time around.
  • How far along? 8 weeks yesterday

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Took Diclegis for the first time last night and so far, so good. Hoping it lasts but after breakfast, I'm starting to feel nauseas again. Maybe it won't be as intense. 

Appointments/US this week Had my first u/s yesterday and all is good! Got to see my little gummy bear and hear the heartbeat.

Random Questions

Rants/Raves Raves: The inlaws are gone! I love them but that was a lot of together time over the holiday. Rant: DS is going through a growth spurt and teething, so bedtime has become really troubling. 

Will you do a "babymoon"? If so, where? H and I are going to France in March! We planned to go next summer but with a July due date, it's not happening. So we are going in March instead! 

@aeb1116 It's up to you, honestly. A lot of people wait until they get to the second trimester because they get their results from genetic screening and the risk of miscarriage goes down. H and I waited until 13 weeks with DS. However, the risk of miscarriage actually goes down significantly after you see the heartbeat and get to about 8 weeks. We told our parents after we found out because we had the chance to tell them in person. For everyone else, we will probably start telling them sooner rather than later 1) because we saw the heartbeat at our u/s and 2) you show a lot sooner with baby #2. Baby bump #1 doesn't start to show until 16 - 20 weeks, so you can keep it a secret longer. 
  • How far along?
    According to recent U/S 7 wks. 

Nausea comes and goes but never vomit. Didn’t have this with my son. Super tired. 

Scheduled for Dec 11 but hoping for something the week before because of spotting. They were fully booked for the week i was suppose to go in. 

Random Questions
    Nothing right now 

Rants/Raves
    My parents leave tonight and it’s bittersweet. They won’t see DS till next year but they are giving me anxiety cleaning my house. Like can you sit still for a while?!

Will you do a “babymoon”?
    No didn’t do one with DS either. It’s kinda silly to me but that’s just me. I’d rather save the time off and money. Our family is in Cali so we would rather save for actual family trips.
  • How did I miss this yesterday? Whoops!

-How far along?
    5 weeks

-New/interesting/festering symptoms?
    Just so tired, I think that's because DD has been sick for a week and a half though and not sleeping.

-Appointments/US this week?
    Nope, next week appt.

-Random questions?
    None

-Rants/raves?
    Ugh, DH is super horny, and I am just tired. No thanks. Letme sleep once my kid sleeps.

-Will you do a baby moon?
    Probably not. Our daughter will be 2 and  half when baby comes and I'll want DH to save his time off for when baby gets here. We don't really need a baby moon. 
  • @oxsarah7ox are you a feb2016-er? My son will be about 2.5 when baby comes!
  • How far along?
    6 weeks (yesterday)
    I have been sneezing so often. Like at least 20-30 times a day. Nausea can go away anytime.  
    I have my second beta test tomorrow!
    Random Questions
    Anyone else feeling so uncomfortable already? Like, I can't get comfy laying down, and I feel so big. Like I look 5 months pregnant already. I know it's bloat, but damn. 
    Rants/Raves
    I can't fit into any of my pants. I have to go buy new ones this weekend. I wish I could wear yoga pants all day every day. 
    We're traveling to Charleston, SC for my SIL's wedding in April, so I guess that could be the babymoon. It'll be a few days of sightseeing hopefully! I've never been, but I've wanted to go. 
  • oops! Sorry for being late!

How far along?

6 weeks
    Started taking diclectin after being so unbelievably nauseated over the weekend... it has taken the edge off, but I'm still pretty miserable. 
    Nothing
    Random Questions
    Nope
    Rants/Raves
    I just cannot stand the thought of continuing to reach while feeling so sick all the time. Seriously considering asking my doctor to write me off until the holidays.. ..
    nope. Didn't with the first two can't imagine we would this time.
  • @Kenya715 we are going through major bedtime pains as well. Teething and 18mo sleep regression. DS is taking forever to go to sleep! No advice, just my sympathy and commiseration!

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

• Good morning all! Question for you, I was admitted to the hospital late Tuesday night after experiencing severe abdominal and pelvic pain. At 5 weeks and a first time pregnancy, I had no idea what was happening. They did an ultrasound (our first) and located the gestational sac in my uterus but also saw fluid and a cyst on my left ovary. Through all this I didn't haven't any bleeding or spotting.  I was discharged yesterday and had very light spotting in the morning and then it stopped. We never received an official diagnosis but everyone is leaning towards a ruptured ovarian cyst.  Has this happened to anyone else? Our RE didnt seem to concerned and said to come back in a week to see if the pregnancy was still progressing.  Just curious if anyone else has had experience with this. 
  • I had a ruptured ovarian cyst (not while pregnant) and I swear the pain was identical to labor. It was horrible. That very well could be what caused your pain. Usually 24ish hours after it ruptures is when you start to feel better (in my own personal experience anyways). Did they do a transvaginal u/s? That could have caused the spotting. I hope all is well and your little bean continues to grow!!
  • Thanks @paytonpedro. Yes it was a transvaginal u/s so I think you're probably spot (no pun intended) on with that being the cause of the spotting.  The pain definitely subsided after 24 hours.  FX all is still going well and we have a strong heartbeat on the 6th.