April 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 11/27

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any appointments coming up?

4. Rants, Raves, Questions?

5. What is your best quality and one thing about yourself you would like to work on?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 11/27

• Loading the player...
  • New rave.. I just got the decals I want for the nursery for 25% off. I wasn't planning to spend anymore money this month but I couldn't pass up the sale!

@kmalls I think I probably will just wait especially because I don't plan to put the baby in her room for awhile anyway. Her bedroom will be on the second floor and we will be downstairs on the main floor so I will have her in our room sleeping in a pack and play for at least a few months. At least that's my plan right now!
  • @irenejean I would move him before the baby comes.  It seems the  more you make it seem like its a reward for being a big kid the easier it might be.  Plus doing it before the baby comes might make it seem less about the new baby and more about them.  We will be moving DD into a different room this weekend and so far she seems pretty excited by it since we bought her a new twin bed and let her pick out sheets for it.  Right now she sleeps in the same room as her crib but since she would climb out of it we got her a toddler bed (it was like $30) because the crib was a pain to turn into a toddler bed and then back into a crib (because she had trouble with the transition at first) we decided just buying the toddler bed would be easier and just let the 2nd kid have the crib since it can eventually transition into a full bed. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby?
    21 weeks, size of an endive/baseball hat
    The sciatic/back pain this week has been unreal. I was visiting family and I think I just overdid it, plus didn't have an exercise ball to sit on. I'm in so much pain today.
    Monthly o/b appointment on Wednesday
    Is it just me or does Cyber Monday really suck this year? I found a few good online deals on Friday but today, zilch.
    5. What is your best quality and one thing about yourself you would like to work on?
    My best quality is my ability to stay calm and handle just about any situation from a head injury to a lost job to a broken heart. I'm always the one with a plan in times of crisis. That also leads to me being a control freak because I think I can handle just about anything better than anyone else, and my bossy tendencies are definitely something I'm working on.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @mispanda we used a mesh bumper too when DD got a little older.  It help so I wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night to just get her arm or foot out from in between the crib.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @irenejean - Breathing is important lol! MH has commented that it’s a good thing we don’t live at a higher elevation - you do though, correct?

@Puddlewonderful - enjoy Hawaii! I’m jealous!

@growingournest - your ‘work on’ is a good one! I lack patience that way too - if I ask you to do something, I mean do it now lol!

@keeksie84 - congrats on the condo!

@priestess619 - congrats on getting engaged!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @g_amoss Yes, we’re at 6000 ft elevation. I was emptying the dishwasher tonight and had to take a breather, yikes. 

@priestess619 Congratulations on the engagement!

@keeksie84 Congratulations on the condo!

Thanks for the tips everyone, I’m going to talk to DH tonight about switching DS to a big boy bed sooner rather than later. You all brought up lots of good points!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irenejean I would switch sooner than later! 

@jjmno1616 I get annoyed too when kids do nothing but play on electronic devices the whole time. We're not anti device AT ALL but we do limit it to certain times/treats. I try to encourage my kids to engage with people first, so far we've been lucky and we haven't needed the tablet crutch with them. They enjoy their shows on the but hardly ever use our tablets. There's definitely an age of tantrumness you battle where the screens help... And ironically it was closer to 2 for us.

@scuba_chic good luck tomorrow! I've got one myself in the AM... And I'm super paranoid because I had a painful contraction this weekend. Not just a Braxton Hicks tightening

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Half my post deleted  :'(:'(. Grrrrr. All I remember was congrats to @keeksie84 and @priestess619

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladythrice Thank you and good luck to you.  This is my first pregnancy and I'm not sure what I'm feeling half the time.  What I thought was my baby balled up and causing a hard knot on my stomach, I found out is either Braxton Hicks or contractions.  I really don't know.  So, I've been extra paranoid lately.  I've drank sooooo much water since that and rest are the only things I've read that can help.  A little frustrating.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Scuba_chic, how did your appointment go? I measured around 3.7 this morning so my OB is satisfied. He did tell me that consistent contractions, excessive discharge, losing your mucous plug, and bleeding are all signs that I should call in. It gave me some mild comfort that I'd at least have some signs/symptoms that my cervix might be shortening.

[Braxton hicks are when your uterus tightens into a hard ball and your belly feels stiff. They can be crampy and uncomfortable, but rarely hurt. Dehydration always causes me to have BHs. Contractions are just different... I'm not even sure how to describe except they are closer to 'hurt' on the spectrum that 'uncomfortable.' For me, they are severe cramps that make me touch my stomach and go 'Ow.']

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladythrice I go in in about 30 minutes.  Happy to hear you had a good measurement.  What was your previous measurement?

I've read so much on Braxton hicks and "understand" what they are or feel like, but still not sure if thats what I'm getting. What I get is not uncomfortable and doesn't take my breath away like some women say it does with them.  The uterus just gets hard like the baby is right under the surface.  I timed the hardness one time to see and it stayed that way for almost 2 minutes...not the 30-60 seconds most say.  Its all just confusing lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Scuba_chic let me know how it goes! I was '4 something' last week according to the OB... He's not concerned about the fluctuation though I guess.

I think you are describing BHs! Mine aren't always uncomfortable at all. Sometimes its simply the ball/tightening with no discomfort. I'm not sure I've ever had a BH take my breath away! And I think some of us are just lucky that the tightening hangs around longer than normal. 

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladythrice measurement was the same...2.8. A little disappointed, but also a little relieved that bc the first measurement was correct, it hadn't gotten worse. She wants to see me weekly until I reach 24 weeks (so another 3 appointments) as long as it stays stable. Cervix shape was good, no funneling, so that's a plus. 

I happened to to have one of those tightening moments right when she was about to measure my stomach today and I asked her. She felt it and said it was the baby balling up. I think I've had Braxton hicks too, but good to know the majority of the time I feel that, it's just the baby. 

Thanks for for all the help and info. You've been a helpful voice of reason. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Scuba_chic glad to hear there was no change! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it stays that way <3

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am great at this Monday posting thing. Yeesh it's already Thursday. 

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby?
    19 weeks Mango 

Ok. Still a little nauseous from time to time

Had one yesterday. Did the anatomy scan and everything is wonderful!

Found out we are having our first and only boy! I had to triple check with the ultrasound technician. Sometimes still can't believe it.

Best quality: I enjoy helping people anywhere I can
    Work on: normally I am pretty easy going, but have been super irritated this pregnancy. I have incorporated more yoga and meditation to help keep it in check.
  • @irenejean we are in the same boat with moving our kid. I plan on waiting until this baby outgrows the bassinet. Our DD will be moving into a shared room and I think less sleep will happen if we do it early. Honestly I think either is good. We moved our first out only because she was climbing out of the crib. No rush in my opinion.
  • We decided to make the move :)

DS mattress will be delivered on Monday. I'm hoping since he's already in his toddler bed (our crib converts and he started climbing out of is this past Summer), the transition to a twin bed will be easier. Fingers crossed!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck @irenejean!

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Solidarity, @irenejean! DH is converting our son’s crib into a toddler bed tonight. He’s been jumping out the last few nights, so it’s time. Not gonna lie, I’m pretty happy I’ll be away this weekend >:)
  • @kmalls - I forgot you were traveling. Have fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Let us know how it goes @irenejean and @kmalls! I’m just waiting to find out baby’s sex next week and then I’ll be finalizing the decor and plans to move DS into big boy room and big boy bed. We have one of those super low to the ground, full size IKEA beds so I’m hoping we can get by with no toddler bed phase. Eek!