Infertility

Overseas Meds

We are all cash pay for IVF and my RE suggested purchasing my mess overseas to save some $$. Anyone know of good and reliable sites for this?
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: Overseas Meds

• I ordered mine from FastIVF.com and was very happy with them. I was a little concerned about the level of english in some of the emails I got (these meds ship from Turkey), but they were quick to communicate and my order was correct. The meds are identical to the ones i bought in the states, just with a few extra languages on them. I chose them because they offer payment with credit card (some only accept wire transfer). I had to pay a little extra for a credit card transaction, but it gave me peace of mind and was STILL about half the price of meds in the US. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Thank you!! Hi @ReesaAnne16
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a couple left over meds my friend had from a previous IVF cycle. They were from a pharmacy in the UK and they worked just fine for me. Same meds, extra languages as mentioned above. I can find you their contact intimation if you would like.
  • I talked to a girl awhile ago that used IVFmeds.com. I looked into them and prices are better. Only thing I'd worry about it keeping meds on ice,etc in that case. But the girl I spoked with, swore by them. They are out of Europe. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Mine came very well packaged and still cool. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• I used IVFmeds.com. I didn’t really order anything that needed to stay cool. They have good customer service and I got my meds in the time they promised. With the amount of money I saved on my stims I could have flown to the U.K. to pick them up and still saved over the US prices. The meds sometimes come with instructions in other languages but it was not an issue since I knew what to do with them and the name is the same. Also you need a MasterCard to pay with a credit card.
  • Wow @safire3 that’s crazy and encouraging! Hmmm thanks for the MasterCard tip though - I defiantly don’t have one but will check with DH and my mom.
    TTC since May 2013
  • @safire3 That's great to hear someone else with good results buying from them! I take it your cycle went as normal and was no issue with medicine. Think that's my only issue is being overcareful knowing how expensive the whole process is.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Yep it is the same medication with the same brand name from the same manufacturer. You are not getting generic versions or anything like that, just what the drug company made to go to another country and meds are cheaper there. I had no problems with my cycle. My clinic has heard of them and had no problem with me getting my meds from them. I just get a copy of my prescription to upload to their site. I recently bought my crinone gel from them as well and I was able to get 3 boxes plus shipping charge (which is usually $99 to get meds within 1 week) for less than the cost of one box of crinone here. 
  • @safire3 Amazing!! I told my DH about your experience last night. I believe the hcg was the only thing I didn't see on their site, but that isn't expensive and will save us over 2k, so we are going to bring it up tomorrow at the RE's office. <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• After much research, poring over reviews, and obsessing, we too have decided to order our meds from an overseas pharmacy. We will likely need 3 cycles and purchasing from ivfmeds.com will save us over $2,500 per cycle!  We're signing the overseas meds waiver this morning and meds will be ordered Monday. I'm still a little sketched out by it, but we just can't not try.
    We can't get my HGH there, and I'm buying my trigger from Avella as well, but everything else is coming from ivfmeds.com. I will update when we get the meds.
  • bubblyducks24bubblyducks24 member
    edited February 2018
    Me and my DH actually used FastIVF too. We ordered some Menopur and Gonal-F and we actually saved over $1,850 ordering from them. Communication was professional and great, order was accurate and arrived on time - which I worry about since I almost missed my very first cycle ordering elsewhere. I totally agree with @ReesaAnne16, they do offer two different payment options (credit card or wire transfer), which is really convenient!

(edited b/c sentence and spelling errors)