Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

13»

Re: Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

• So I've been trying to find a new job that pays more, because I like money. But I want to work for the same university so I've been eying other departments that pay better and applying. I've applied to 15 jobs, interviewed 14 times, and received 0 offers. I wonder if I suck at interviewing but... I don't. They always laugh at my jokes, smile and nod at  my answers, murmur "good question" when I ask things (because smart people ask smart questions, yes). NOTHING.

I interviewed for a job last week that would bring me a $10K raise and it's literally 1/4 of the job I do now, for a department that has way more money. One fraction of the thing I do right now. For $10K more. I really, really, really wanted it.

When it came time for the bullshit stock response I give everyone who asks me why I'm wanting to leave my job I said "My favorite aspect of my current position is working directly with students and I would love to move on to something that focuses on student affairs specifically."

And they said: Oh. Well, this job really only works with students directly once a year, when the program runs, so I'm not sure if you'd be happy here.

Okay, yes, it would be a little boring but I'm okay with that for freaking $10,000!!!!!! Ugh, so I bombed that one. I don't know what I have to do to get someone to hire me. It's been a very frustrating process. Every job I interviewed for had someone who was just *slightly* better than me apply too but this one... damn. That sucked. Oh well, all I can do is keep trying.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I'm so sorry. :( That is such a frustrating process. I really don't have any advice for you but I hope you can find a job you love and will do great in your future interviews! Is there a chance they still may offer you the job, do you think?

Am I the only one having trouble with gifs or is it a Bump issue? On my home computer, I've been having so much trouble getting the gifs to appear. A few days ago, I tried it several times and finally got it to work. Then when I logged in on mobile, it had showed up as 3 gifs in a row (when on my desktop it only showed one). Now I just logged in on my work computer to find out I had 3 gifs in my siggy! Only one was showing up on my home computer. Must be gremlins in my computer! (Sorry for my annoying siggy, I hope it's fixed now!)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @wishiwaspreggo I'm sorry! Applying for job is such a frustrating process, and it's so competitive at universities. If you're getting that many interviews that's a good sign though!
    @offtoneverland Your siggy is fixed now! :)
  • @wishiwaspreggo is there anyway to ask for an exit interview/debrief to fix any weaknesses there might be in your job hunt game?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @offtoneverland I've had so many problems with gifs! What's annoying is that when I see what I posted on the computer, it looks fine. When I look on my phone, my gif has been posted 3 times. Wtf? 

@wishiwaspreggo So sorry about all of the interviews you have had to go through! I hate interviewing so that sounds like my own personal hell. I hate when interviewers judge your answers too harshly. Like just because I said I like to do this one thing doesn't mean I wouldn't also like to do this. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ So glad it's not just me having issues!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Thanks y’all :) it’s okay. Just annoying. All I can do is my best. We’re planning to leave this college town in a few years anyway to move to the Indianapolis area where I grew up so we’re all closer to friends and family. I don’t have a definitive outcome from the interview (i.e. rejection letter) but from my experience you’d hear back within a week if there was news of moving forward so... meh. I’m letting it go. I’ve volunteered to help with a conference presentation so I’ll be able to put that on my resume. I’m just gonna focus on beefing up my professional development since I’ve let that slide in recent years. I think that’s my biggest weakness. No one wants to hire someone who doesn’t keep up in the field!