August 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms! (Dec 2-3)

It's that time of the week! What's everyone got going on?

Re: Weekend Randoms! (Dec 2-3)

• Yay! Girl time is the best!
    I'm trying to get motivated to run errands before work but so far I haven't even made it to the coffee maker. DD fell back asleep and DH hasn't woken up yet so I'm tempted to enjoy the quiet while it lasts!
  • Loading the player...
  • Waiting for my yoga class to start. Then family pictures this afternoon!
  • It's a weekend of relaxing and movies on the couch for me... it's been busy at work and I've been nursing  a headache for the past two days so this is well needed time off! 
  • We are moving today!!! I’m just waiting for my sitter to come get the kids so I can get to work. It’s going to be a crazy day, and I’m so terribly excited to get into a different house that has usable space.

@leahcimmichael That sounds like a really fun party! I’m jealous.

@mrslittlemac Enjoy the quiet. There is always time for errands later when the family is up.

@binary915 What are they going to look like?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I am getting my eyelashes filled and my nails done this morning. I scheduled both before my BFP and am kind of nervous now since I haven’t spoken with my doctor yet about things to avoid. I googled a bunch and it seems like everything is safe but I plan to ask a lot of questions of the technicians.

Can’t tag on mobile but girl time, yoga, and relaxing all sound awesome!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate You should be fine. It’s mostly a concern that you will get high from the fumes, or have a reaction to something.

• kristen8040kristen8040 member
    edited December 2017
    I’m sick! Upper respitory infection  :'( thankfully we don’t have too much going on this weekend and I can relax and finish decorating for the holidays!!
  • @leahcimmichael girls day and slumber party sounds like a blast!

hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Those all sound like lovely plans.  I am working on digging myself out from under the pile of sewing projects I have started.  I made matching outfits for my son and myself, and will have to add the future little to what I’m making!
  • pghctwifepghctwife member
    edited December 2017
    My mom took me and my kids and my sis and her 2 girls to a fancy holiday teddy bear tea at a fancy restaurant in Hartford. So fun but they had a candy bar... my kids are soooo crazy with sugar so it was tiring!! 

Tonight it’s my dads company holiday party. Tomorrow both sisters some kids and my aunt will go make labor intense family tradition pfefferneuse (cookies) at my moms. Busy busy (which is GOOD). Ho ho ho!

now I’m vegging and stuffing our cards to mail before I need to get ready!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I made three kinds of cookies for my work Christmas party and cookie exchange for tomorrow. We are headed to a Polar Express event tonight where we will ride a train in our pajamas! We've never done it before but I hear it's awesome. I also have to start packing for a conference next week and will be traveling to San Diego for it. Fingers crossed nausea stays at a minimum for the flight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @k10wolfe we did the Polar Express train ride a few years ago.  It was adorable and my kids loved it.

As for me, we got our Christmas tree today so I'm up to my ears in tinsel and hoping neither of my kids decide to eat it.  Tomorrow I'll be grading papers and lesson planning during the day and then watching TWD.  With ice cream in hand, of course. 

• We got all of our furniture moved!!!!! Now I just have to sort through all the random crap L&E have stuffed into every book and cranny they could reach.

• @msmonalisavito I love TWD and ice cream. We must be twins! 
    We took DS(2yo) to see santa today. He understood the whole thing but was just blank faced and quiet during the whole thing. We went with friends and they had a kid band so he had a great time with them. Afterwards I asked him what he asked Santa’s for and he said “happy birthday”. He thinks that happy birthday means all the cake and candy because every time they sing it at daycare, sweets follow. Lol. It’s so cute. 
  • k10wolfe I also have to start packing for a conference next week and will be traveling to San Diego for it. Fingers crossed nausea stays at a minimum for the flight.
    I feel you, DH and I are going to Hawaii in two weeks for our (belated) honeymoon and I am super nervous I’ll be sick then (I’ll be 5 weeks 4 days on the flight there and 7 weeks on the flight back). 8 hour flights
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• We just put our tree up today as well! I am making 2 centerpieces for our coffee table and dining tables as well as our Christmas wreath so it was a day of crafts :-). It was a little tough as I've been somewhat tired already (took a 3 hour nap!) and have total body aches and food aversions already, but DH was so sweet and helpful so we got a lot done. Oh and a TON of college football!
    k10wolfe I also have to start packing for a conference next week and will be traveling to San Diego for it. Fingers crossed nausea stays at a minimum for the flight.
    I feel you, DH and I are going to Hawaii in two weeks for our (belated) honeymoon and I am super nervous I’ll be sick then (I’ll be 5 weeks 4 days on the flight there and 7 weeks on the flight back). 8 hour flights
    I know! I will be taking a 3 day trip in 10 days and am a little nervous being more symptomatic on a plane... and then there's the whole restaurant dining 3 times a day thing... :-|. Makes me kind of sick just thinking of it now, lol 
  • We put up our outdoor christmas lights and we are getting a tree today. trying to get organized now because pretty sure in 2-3 weeks I am going to be couch bound.
  • k10wolfe I also have to start packing for a conference next week and will be traveling to San Diego for it. Fingers crossed nausea stays at a minimum for the flight.
    DH and I are going to maui Dec 09-16! also super nervous about morning sickness, as we are there from 5 weeks 2 days-6 weeks and 4 days.
  • I have 8402749483 things I should be doing but instead I'm sitting on the edge of the bath just reading everything on TB. FFSC I haven't even told DH yet. Mostly because I want to confirm with a digital tomorrow but also because I want DS to be involved when I tell him. Not going to go overboard, just maybe give him the HPT wrapped as an early Xmas present. 
    So glad to be bumping again!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awwww @ecwk that's so exciting! I quickly made a onesie for my DS to surprise DH that said "Santa is making me a BIG BROTHER!" You should totally wrap the pregnancy test and put it in his stocking or under the tree or something. Or wrap it in a box and say a package came for him today! Do you think he suspects it at all?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol @ecwk I hear that though. Even though I know a line is a line, when I got my first bfp last Sunday it was suuuch a squinter I couldn’t hardly get it ina photo, and didn’t turn the digi. I didn’t tell dh or really trust it till I tested again Monday with a stronger line and a turned digital. 

I did have a chemical at one point wit a faint bfp that turned into a period so...

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @ecwk YAAAYYY! That's so exciting! 

@pghctwife I had a squinter that turned into a period too, the month before I got pregnant with DS last year. So I continuously take like 50 tests at all different times. Maybe that's why this one doesn't feel real yet? But its been over a week so I should be adjusted now hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ecwk my DH didn't believe ANY of the pregnancy tests I took. He's used to OPKs where the lines are clearly the same darkness so for him, the idea that any line counts is totally weird. He was like," that's too faint why is this so hard to tell? It should be easier" for the first 3 I took, lol. Then I just stopped showing him.
  • Feeling pretty pumped rn. As I mentioned in the question thread, my OB office didn't want to see me until closer to 10 weeks for my initial intake visit but I am feeling nervous already and want to do bloods and early u/s like last time. I ended up calling again and asking to speak to the doc who prescribed me my Metformin and she was so nice and offered to put through an order for two blood draws this week and after that to schedule and u/s for the week before Christmas. Couldn't be happier!!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited December 2017
    I'm trying so hard to gif rn and it's not working out 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Things I never thought I'd say: 

"I'm so happy that I am getting up at 5:15 so I can get my blood taken!"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Both girls were up a few times last night so I'm drinking all the coffee.  My oldest has a cold and since they share a bedroom, anytime she got up, my youngest got up.

• Both girls were up a few times last night so I'm drinking all the coffee.  My oldest has a cold and since they share a bedroom, anytime she got up, my youngest got up.

My first pregnancy I switched to decaf coffee. No way am I doing that, now! I need that ish. I’ll probably just avoid soda and keep it to one cup a day.... Maybe....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My first pregnancy I switched to decaf coffee. No way am I doing that, now! I need that ish. I’ll probably just avoid soda and keep it to one cup a day.... Maybe....
    Yeah, I am keeping my caffeine! I normally only drink one cup a day anyway so I'll still be within the recommended intake.  

But I neeeed it.  Especially since I teach and deal with kids all day.

• @msmonalisavito
    @lalala2004
    I gve up coffee for the first tri last time and havent had any since my BFP and usually I have at least one a day. But I might have to break it. Toddlers are exhausting!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, last time I wanted to still drink tea and soda, but once heartburn kicked in I wasn’t drinking soda, either. Now coffee > soda.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

I remember when I stopped drinking coffee altogether during my first pregnancy. Bahahaha! No way in hell will my coffee be taken from me. 
  • Give me aaallllll the coffee.  I switched to halfcaff so I can still have two cups ;)
  • I usually drink one of those big Yeti cups full of coffee every day. I have cut back quite a bit because I had a nagging suspicion. 
  • @coffeecocktailsandcake I switched to half caf too. I am usually ok with one cup in the morning, and I save the second cup for an afternoon caffeine bump. 
  • In a group message with some friends with kids the sameness age as DS and they're coming over next week for a Xmas party and one of them was like "I'll bring the wine" and I'm all "no wine for me on a school night" and she texted me separately and "you are sooooo prego, I'm soooo excited for you". She was kind of teasing but mostly not. Argh. 

Pregnancy Ticker