Baby Names

Our short list.. help

moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
edited November 2017 in Baby Names
Due in a month with a boy. I need some help with middle names for our top contenders. We don’t have any family names that we would want to use so kinda at a loss.

For first names, our top contenders are:

Nolan
Isaac
Leonardo (will call him Leo)

Our last name is 3 syallables and ends in -son. What middle names would you suggest for these names? Also, what are your thoughts on these potential first names?

31 years young
from Seattle(ish)
5 years married
FTM and PGAL
EDD is 12/23/17
-- It's a BOY! ---

Re: Our short list.. help

• All 3 are solid names. I probably wouldn’t go with leonardo if you have a 3 syllable last name (I’m in the same boat)
  • I truly like all of the names, but I slightly prefer Isaac (love the nn Ike) 

suggesting 

Isaac Graham 
    Isaac Lucas 
    Isaac Elliot 

Leonardo Reid 
    Leonardo Jude
    Leonardo Daniel 

Nolan Vincent 
    Nolan Philip 
    Nolan Elliot 
  • Loading the player...
  • Isaac Nolan
    Nolan Isaac 
    Leonardo Isaac 

i like leonardo best 
  • I like Isaac and Leonardo/Leo.  Nolan is trendy and forever a surname only, IMO. 

Isaac Benjamin
    Isaac Brady
    Isaac Roy
    Isaac Nathaniel
    Isaac Neal 
    Isaac Noah 
    Isaac Liam

Leonardo Colton
    Leonardo Evan
    Leonardo Blaine 
    Leonardo Grant 
    Leonardo Simon 
    Leonardo Saul

Nolan Raphael 
    Nolan Jared
    Nolan Rocco
    Nolan Casey
    Nolan Oliver 
    Nolan Joel

• cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited November 2017
    If you are of Italian descent, go with Leonardo and if you aren't, don't. Isaac is very Old Testament. Nolan is very modern. Very different feel from these three names. The other thing to think about is if you plan to have future children. If you name this child Leonardo, your next child could be Luca, Vincent, or Hugo. If you go with Isaac, your next child could be Noah, Elias, or Jonah. If you go with Nolan, your next child could be Carter, Baron or Maguire. Consider which direction you want to go rather than just choosing one you like now.
  • If you are of Italian descent, go with Leonardo and if you aren't, don't. Isaac is very Old Testament. Nolan is very modern. Very different feel from these three names. The other thing to think about is if you plan to have future children. If you name this child Leonardo, your next child could be Luca, Vincent, or Hugo. If you go with Isaac, your next child could be Noah, Elias, or Jonah. If you go with Nolan, your next child could be Carter, Baron or Maguire. Consider which direction you want to go rather than just choosing one you like now.
      This is so true. I have an Isaac, he has brothers Noah and Jonah and an Asher Elias. I like names that go together. Every time I hear a sibset with an out of place name my ocd takes over my brain and I'm like "Why?" "Where did that come from?"

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• emnoahmom said:
    If you are of Italian descent, go with Leonardo and if you aren't, don't. Isaac is very Old Testament. Nolan is very modern. Very different feel from these three names. The other thing to think about is if you plan to have future children. If you name this child Leonardo, your next child could be Luca, Vincent, or Hugo. If you go with Isaac, your next child could be Noah, Elias, or Jonah. If you go with Nolan, your next child could be Carter, Baron or Maguire. Consider which direction you want to go rather than just choosing one you like now.
      This is so true. I have an Isaac, he has brothers Noah and Jonah and an Asher Elias. I like names that go together. Every time I hear a sibset with an out of place name my ocd takes over my brain and I'm like "Why?" "Where did that come from?"

I’m the opposite. It would take a lot for me to side eye sibset name selections. If she ended up with a Nolan, Vincent, and Jonah, I think it’s fine. I find it odd when people want to pick a name that matches the sibset best instead of finding one they love best. Your children will spend most of their life as independent people living away from their siblings. When they are adults no one is going to care or discuss how well (or not well) their name goes with their siblings. Most people in your child’s life won’t even know their siblings names. I understand that personal style often leads to names that match well, so I’m not knocking people who stay on theme, but I just dont think it’s a big deal to change styles if you love another name. 
  • I think Leonardo is out. TBH I only like Leo but DH won’t budge on the full name thing. 

I never really considered how different the 3 were. I guess that’s what happens when you’re a teacher and trying to avoid names of less than desirable students. Lol
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---