Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 11/28

lalala2004lalala2004 member
edited November 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Did we even have one last week? I feel like this board is dying off, lately. Hopefully it’s just people busy with the holidays (or maybe some are just waiting for the Aug BMB to open?)

***This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s?

*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: TFAS 11/28

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/4

WTO/TWW? TWW FINALLY!

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? -4 timing, so not great, but better than nothing. EDD for this cycle is DH’s Birthday. And almost everyone on his side of the family has a May or August birthday, so that has my crazy going out of control. I’m honestly not all that hopeful. With nursing still I know there is potential for a short LP, and my LP TTC previously was already on the short side (11).

Any questions? When did those we older kiddos switch to one nap a day? Most days we still have 2 naps, but he’s been going back and forth a LOT. I feel like so many kids his age are down to one already.

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? Climbing EVERYTHING with a lot more success. I’m scared a lot.

*Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I think we did one last week. Any ideas on when the Au 18 BMB will showup?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • @lalala2004 I think we did one last week. Any ideas on when the Au 18 BMB will showup?
    I’ve seen it mentioned that it should open the 1st of December. I think that’s really annoying, because almost a week’s worth of EDDs could know they are KU by now or not. That’s gotta be isolating if you’re trying to keep pregnancy a secret. That said, they used to open them way early and a bunch of special snowflakes would be posting in there saying “I have a feeling this will be my month!” and they would be flamed mercilessly (and hilariously).
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I think I may have participated in some of those. Is it ok if I hang here til the 1st then?

• @meeks2020 thanks, people probably think I’m crazy enough without me talking to myself ;)
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I want to say my DD went down to one nap around 18 months and my son was closer to 12 months. But it's been so long I could likely have those times wrong!

@princesslockness Are you KU?!?! (Am I even allowed to ask that? I know asking others if I'm KU is against TOU but not sure if it works the other way around!)

@meeks2020 Feel free to jump in anytime! I find this board definitely has been fairly quiet lately so would be good to have some new 'faces'!

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 9/14 (5ntnp)

WTO/TWW? WTO...still. 

Ages of other child(red)? Almost 7 (in 1 month today!), and 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm on CD 20 and I usually O between days 13-17 so I have no idea what's going on. Really hoping I O soon although even if I do I would think it would mean a super short luteal phase since my cycles are pretty consistently 28-30 days.

Any questions? I had some mid-cycle spotting this month which I never get. Is it worth going to see my doctor about something like that? I am debating going in soon anyways for an RE referral but with the spotting I'm now wondering if something is actually wrong with me or if I'm just over thinking things. This whole process is so frustrating!!!

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? Umm...DD is a pretty awesome reader now, which is probably her latest acquired skill. And she is nailing her back walk-overs! And DS is almost 100% potty trained finally...he has been super resistant for pees but finally seems to have the hang of it the majority of the time (although still won't wear underwear or he immediately pees in them) - in my experience boys are way harder to potty train and I've heard this is quite common but didn't believe it until now. And he can now count to 25 and knows how to draw/name about 10 letters!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @lalala2004 YGPM back. 
    @elothair YGPM

• I'm here too! Hello y'all!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW, hooray!

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I've been struggling to figure out FF and temping, but at the suggestion of some ladies in my previous BMB, I dropped a temp and magically got my crosshairs!  I think temping is making me crazy though.  We'll see how long I can keep it up.

Any questions? Meh not really

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s?  I *think* we are getting closer to a real wave!  We've been walking DD all around the house and waving at all the Christmas decorations, and she kind of puts an arm out and it looks like an attempt at a wave.  We'll see.  She's also getting so close to walking!  I can't wait, but also am kind of dreading the increased mobility.  She's already so insanely active.

• @lalala2004 Both of my kids switched to 1 nap between 12-15 months. What time do you give him his first nap? I feel like as long as he is still going down easily for bed at night, taking 2 naps a day may still be what he needs.

@elothairI have a 3.5 year old too! Are you experiencing the threenager yet? My son will pee in the potty but WILL NOT POO! Ugh. It’s so frustrating. That’s amazing he can count to 25!

@juliebird6 So cute your DD is almost waving. That age is so fun because they do so many things for the first time! Make sure you write everything down because you will forget exactly when it happened if you don't!

What number are you trying for? #3

Cycle/Month? 5/5

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5 and 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am testing on Friday and am feeling so anxious. I love the month of August and I am really hoping this is my month.

Any questions? Do tags not show up if you are on the phone app? I am not seeing any notifications unless I'm on the computer.

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? My son (3.5) has a speech delay and we have been taking him to speech therapy for a year and a half now and he is finally starting to show improvement! Hearing his little voice more often and seeing how he is less frustrated because he can get his point across is making me so incredibly happy. 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited November 2017
    @lalala2004 I love this thread hope it’s not dying off. I personally was crazy busy and sick last week. DS transitioned to one nap somewhere between 18mon and 2, sorry don’t remember exact time.
    @elothair I’d at least call the doctor and see what they say. Here for solidarity on the potty training a boy difficulty 
    @eleven_ You only get tag notifications on mobile if it happens when your on. That’s awesome with your son 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @eleven_ Oh yes - my son has been in the terrorist phase for a while! Although he does seem to finally be coming out of it thankfully. He is way more open to poo on the potty thankfully but pee has been a struggle. FX for Friday!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• What number are you trying for? 2biological 4 overall

Cycle/Month? 4/4(2/2 AL)

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3, 16, 19

Any thoughts about this cycle? My CH's changed today,which I expected, but was hoping not because I am now a lot less hopeful on timing.  I will be testing the 9th if I can wait that long, but realistically the 6th

Any questions?Nothing coming to mind

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? C has really been into building things lately. He's had duplo legos since he was 1 but has just recently gotten into using them on his own. He sat on the floor for a hour the other day building and taking apart legos. He built and airplane recently and was so proud and happy about it. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat So fun your DS is getting into legos! 3 has been my favorite age so far. 
    TW

• @eleven_ How did you get your son into speech therapy?  I'm glad its working for him. I know L has some serious anger when we don't understand what he is saying. 

@lalala2004 L is still going strong with his 2 naps at 27 months. E is bouncing between 3 short(~30 min) and 2 long(45+min). So I am no help. Hopefully your LO gets it figured out and you can get  back to a happier little. 

@elothair I was starting to panic that you had potty trained a 7month old. I really need to read more carefully. Congrats on the potty training though. L is struggling and he even has a friend at DC to help him. 

@Juliebird8307 L got waving when we did the finger-to-palm type of wave. He is barely picking up the actual arm wave. 

• @princesslockness We went through a program that is funded by the state. They come and do an evaluation to see if your child shows deficits in communication/language skills. I think most states have this program. My son was really behind though. At age 2.5, the only word he said was no. 
    TW

• edited November 2017
    @lalala2004 we have always been flexible about naps. If your toddler is sleeping well during naps and at night, let them continue if you can. Hope your LP is good... I am nursing too and only started temping this month, kind of concerned about short cycles. 
    @elothair that's so cool your daughter can read
    @juliebird6 I love when babies start walking
    @eleven_  my first was a late talker, and at 5 she just made a huge jump in both languages we speak, it is so great watching her able to communicate 
    @kindbytealikat My kids love legos, getting them a bunch for Christmas finally

What number are you trying for? 4

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 16mo, 3, 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Waiting to see if my cycles are just short or my LP

Any questions? Tried to search, but if someone could clue me in to how to do the spoiler link that would be very nice!

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? My littlest has started to make that little smacking sound to call the dog over and it's to die for. 

(Edit posted too early)

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• @eleven_ Sweet! I just had L evaluated Wednesday. He might qualify now, but when he turns 3 will 100% qualify.

• @matryoshkadoll That is so good to hear your DD caught up with speech. DH wants to get our kids in German lessons because all of his family lives in Switzerland. I told him we should wait until he is doing better with his first language as I don't want to confuse him. Did you start at a certain age or did you always speak 2 languages aound her?

@princesslockness If he does qualify, the therapy helps so much! They do activities I would never even think of. 
    TW

• eleven_eleven_ member
    edited November 2017
    @offtoneverland I will be 13 dpo. Hopefully I make it that long! I'm getting DS a lot of dino toys and DD a doll house. Does your DD like hers? I'm so excited to see her face when she opens it. My kids are both obsessed with PJ Masks too! I'm always Catboy haha. I bought these really cheap costumes on Amazon that came with all 3 characters and they love them! That's so cute she doesn't like owlette and wants to be catboy  :D  Yay for being off the bench  <3
    TW

• @eleven_ Yes, she loves her dollhouse! It's a funny story...MH's uncle gave her a handmade dollhouse when she was born. Which was great, but you know...infants can't play with dollhouses! It sat in our crawlspace until her last birthday when we finally got it out. We got her a few Calico Critters figures/playsets and she loves it so much! I hope your DD likes her dollhouse too! I think my mom may be getting DD one of those PJ Masks costumes for Christmas, so that should be tons of fun!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • edited November 2017
    @offtoneverland DS just turned 3. I asked my mom to make him some dress up super hero costumes, but those are things that can be bought to. I also mentioned I would mind more duplos, and the nom specific set kind. I picked a couple small pj mask toys and some Daniel Tiger stuff for his Amazon list and a lot of different craft things and music stuff(rythum sticks, these clapper things) and other things we use in his music class. Mini trampoline, and coding robot toy are what’s coming from us, along with ton of books lol.

edit:correcting age

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @holly321 It seems like 3.5 is the magic number for kids with speech delays. Everyone I talk to says it's about then they see improvement. Did your son struggle with pronunciation? My son is talking so much more but sometimes you really have to guess at what he's trying to say. We did in home therapy from age 2 until 3 and now he goes to preschool for kids with disabilities. Wow, it sounds like you are going through a lot of stress right now. I honestly didn't know that a child so young could be depressed. That must be really tough to hear. I'm sorry <3
    TW

• @eleven_, DS has never had any articulation issues, only lack of speech, using incorrect words and echolalia.  He gets frustrated when we don't know what he is talking about.  Ex. He was looking for his "newspaper" for 5 minutes the other night and was mad I didn't know what he wanted, when he wanted his coloring book.  DD does have articulation issues, but she is right on the edge and never qualifies for help (I think she has had 3 evaluations.) I can usually understand her, but most people ask me what she is saying.  
    As for DD and depression, it has been mentioned that she shows signs before (2 years ago it was first brought up) so it shouldn't hit so hard, but it has.  And it seems crazy that a kid can have it, mainly because I think we as a society usually see depression as being caused by life events.  
  • @holly321 Ditto what @eleven_ said -- you've been going through so much lately! Sending so many hugs your way. I also didn't realize that kids so young could be depressed. I'm so sorry for the news you received about your DD. That has to be so hard on her (and you and YH too!). I hope that the therapist will be able to help her some. I'll be thinking of you guys. My 8-year-old nephew was just diagnosed with high-functioning autism one or two months ago. I think my sister was kind of relieved (in a way) to hear the news because she always suspected something was "different" about him. Definitely not happy about the diagnosis, but it helps her to understand why he's been such a struggle! 
    Also, I agree that we should add a R/R section here. We could combine it with the questions section, since not everyone has questions each week, or we could just make it its own line. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? No frickin clue. FF said I O'd on CD11, which is like 5-6 days early for me, so I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Either way, AF is due any second and BFN. 

Any questions? Not today.

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? Besides being a pretty good little climber, today was the first time I saw him roll one of his trucks down a ramp while squealing "weeeeeee!" 

@lalala2004 I know our kiddos are just a few days apart. DS dropped his morning nap maybe a month ago? That came after a week or 2 of the first nap being hit or miss. It's a rough transition. Probably more so for us moms, than for them! lol. I hope it goes smoothly for you. 

@holly321 So sorry to hear about the struggles you're having with your kids and ASD and depression. I also didn't know that depression could present itself so young. My cousin's son (5) was diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and was given an emotional support dog who has been doing wonders for him. You're a great mama for getting your kiddos the help they need so young! I'm sure it will make a world of difference for them!

@offtoneverland Given DS's new fascination with sending trucks off cliffs, his big gift will be the Fisher Price Little People Loops n Swoops Amusement Park.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ we speak a foreign language at home and she gets English from church, activities, family, etc. we've done that since birth. It was hard for a while when she was about 2 she only had the minimum amount of words she spoke when we counted from both languages, so it seemed like she was more behind. But now it is so cool to watch it click! Definitely start as early as you can.

@holly321 sorry you are having a hard month. Glad your kids are doing well with school though, it is great you are able to support them and celebrate their victories.

@offtoneverland
    For gifts, maybe suggest some fun activities in your area, like zoo season pass, museum tickets, state park pass. Or even add to a savings account. At that age one little car or dollar spot type thing can be just as fun lol. I feel like around 3 we started hitting a max of toys our house can handle and I wish I would've trained our relatives to give us less random toys that I end up donating. 

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• @mrs_drc_rn it’s frustrating to me because I feel like I have no right to complain. I’m partially on month 4 because of my own choice to not wean yet. And I get jealous when people who have a child my son’s age or younger are already pregnant with a second when I’m still waiting. But having a child doesn’t make those feelings any less valid. I try to be happy for them and focus on things I can do because I’m not pregnant, but it’s not easy because I wanted to be pregnant 3 months ago! I’d give up all the alcohol and heavy exercise for a baby!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @mrs_drc_rn I feel the exact same way. Seeing one line every month is just so heartbreaking. I also feel like I am not allowed to complain. I’m so sorry and I hope AF doesn’t make her appearance. Just know that you aren’t alone and your feelings are valid. *hugs*

TW

• Thank you for listening, er, reading ladies. It’s so frustrating, but @dukestar5 I really like how you explained it in terms of just not having your family completed. It’s a struggle no matter where you’re at in your journey. I actually just started listening to a few podcasts today, but haven’t checked out Beat Infertility yet. Thank you! It’s nice to have a place to go where people just get how you’re feeling. It’s hard to even talk to DH about it; he’s not the one POAS every month! 
  • @mrs_drc_rn Yes, MH just doesn't get it! I think he just likes the TTC process because it means he gets more sex. :D so he's much more patient than I am.
    From what I've read, it seems that most of us on the TFAS thread got pregnant pretty quickly the first time around, so it just makes it that much harder having to wait several months (or more) for it to happen again. And your situation is especially trying since you were benched for so long after your surgery. It's so hard and it makes me crazy. So glad I have this place to come to for some great company that understands what we're all going through! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • What number are you trying for? It's complicated.... Would be pregnancy #5 for me, #2 for husband and #6 total. (Second marriage :-)

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO Day 5

Ages of other child(ren)? 18, 15, 14, 11 and 8

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just getting into charting, PNV, Metformin (PCOS) and OPKs.

Any questions? Not at the moment.

GTKY: What is your child/children’s latest new skill/s? Nothing exciting right now. My 14 year old got her her nose pierced while at her dad's house without me knowing... :-(

• I agree with you guys.  I have 4 children and 1 step child.  But my husband and I have no children together.  I am also 39 so beginning to feel the pressure. Went and had a yearly exam last month and ob/gyn gave me all this info on statistics related to conception %'s. Really upset me....