December 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 12/1/17

*not guaranteed to be flame free

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC 12/1/17

• Options
    FFFC: Breastfeeding is really hard for me. (Kid doesn't latch, kid doesn't transfer, low milk supply, no let down.. etc.)  We're going to stick at it awhile longer, but I am beginning to suspect DS will be largely formula fed.  If any of the suggestions from the lac cons start working for us, I'll start a thread to share in case anyone else has a rough go.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn Sending you positive vibes! I'm hoping to BF, but am trying to have realistic expectations... thanks for paving the way. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My FFFC:
    DS is sick (fever, pretty sure it's an ear infection) and my biggest concern about it right now is that baby will come while he's sick and I'll have to quarantine them... I mean I am also sad that DS is sick... but being 38+2 weeks pregnant throws a whole other layer of concern onto it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bought a cheap coat on Black Friday. Not a maternity coat, or even a coat big enough to close around my bump. I had to buy a coat to fit my upper arms. I was getting tired of not having a full range of motion in my other coats.

A few weeks ago I also had to stop wearing my pre-pregnancy button-downs over maternity tees, which was my go-to.

So when people tell me I haven't gained weight anywhere but my bump, I internally roll my eyes at them! (Also my upper arms are one of my most-hated body parts pre-pregnancy because I'm pear-shaped but my upper arms are bigger...so I often have to size up to accommodate them which often doesn't work with a flat chest.)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I had the same problem with my last LO. Is he tongue or lip tied? 
  • Options
    @abcola After DH's surprise work shower I was annoyed that I had to do more laundry. Lol. And I was really glad my coworkers just decided to go in on a gift card, minus three who did their own thing, so I'm going to write three individual thank you notes and just bring in cookies or something as a thank you for the whole office. And DH has to write his own thank you notes for his coworkers, since I've met like two of them and he seriously got gifts from double digits of people. Which means they probably won't get thank you notes, knowing DH...

Is that a FFFC? That I hate writing thank you notes enough that I'll allow DH's coworkers to not get any if he doesn't do them? I already wrote all the thank you notes for our bridal shower/wedding/baby showers including for people on his side that I barely know and even a couple I've never actually met. I am DONE haha.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    OH and, @abcola reminded me that I pretty much exclusively wear my Uggs now (though I have at least one other pair of shoes that fit last week), and every single day when I put my shoes on I think of this (even though it's not sweatpants):

And @cait5413 I don't like those outfits either. But I'm also not even close to southern so I've only seen them on bloggers' children and never 'in the wild' around here. Haha.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @failuretofly I've been on a Lunchable kick lately... I've had them for lunch most days during the week for the last several weeks... But I think I've hit a wall with them... . 
    @MJDsquared this meme exactly how I feel almost every day getting dressed.... I love the "one other pair that fit last week..." I immediately was like 'oh no, they might not fit today'... It's a guessing game. I now have 3 pairs of shoes I can wear. I'm even thinking I need to go grab a larger sized throwaway flip flop pair for the hospital... 
    Thank you notes are just the worst. I will definitely try to get DH to write his own, but It would make me feel SOO guilty if they didnt get written. I guess we'll see what they end up getting, if its a joint gift etc. 
  • Options
    #1) stupid bump keeps logging me out so i spend days trying to figure out why i can reply. Being sleep deprived does not help the situation on remembering to log in. 

#2) sick of my family trying to put so much emphasis on breastfeeding or what i should and shouldn't do. I know the benefits but i just dont want to do it and my baby girl is doing just fine on her formula so quit ya input on every little thing. *yes i know no matter what people will have input*. 
  • Options
    I think I’m in the minority where I want baby to stay in a few more weeks! I need at least this weekend (trying to see my friends perform and try to sneak on stage for a prank on one of my friends- that the audience will never see haha). And I need next week at work for my classes, plus I’m subbing for some friends. Not to mention all the cleaning I need to do! Ah! I’m not due till the 20th and I hope she stays put till then!
  • Options
    @hellothere47 I have done zero holiday shopping for anyone... including DH... Part of me feels a bit bad, but the other just wants to just let it go, and not even acknowledge the fact that I should have gotten presents for people. We mostly just do parents, siblings, and my close friends so maybe it's not too bad to skip out. 
  • Options
    @kyrwyn BF is one of the hardest things I have ever done. For a long time I felt sure I would never like it let alone love it. I had a lot of LC support and I eventually got to a great place and we nursed for 21 months. For DD she did not transfer from me till she was nearly 8 weeks old. I balled my eyes out that day. For so many reasons not everyone can BF so fed is best. If you have to supplement don't feel bad about it. Hugs, this shit is hard.

@balletnerd +1 to wanting this kid to stay put for a bit yet... there is so much going on I'm fine if this one bakes for a few more weeks!

FFFC: being one of the late ladies in the month, it kind of freaks me out seeing so many birth announcements already....eep I need more time!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @weaver15 Nope! Just not very good at this (both baby and me).
    @wabash15 I can only imagine. I am so, so glad it worked out for you.

Thank you all for your kind support.  We're off to breastfeeding support group now, and all I'm hoping to get out of this session is an updated weight. And possibly a pat on the back for trying the new pumping regimen. :)  Baby steps for baby and me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I make Dh do his own thank yous, including for our wedding. Usually this involves me handing him a card and a pen and saying, "write a thank you to your aunt. She sent us XYZ." So it doesn't completely take the burden off me, but I still make him do it. 

@balletnerd @wabash15 I am scheduled for a c-section in 2 weeks and do NOT want this baby coming any sooner!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited December 2017
    @cait5413 Someone at his work shower wrote down the gifts, so the most I'll do is ask, "You gonna write thank you notes?" and then keep track of where the list is (and where our thank you notes are). We'll see. Haha.

I have another one. I'm not into the royal family (which I've mentioned), but this will show how much. Earlier this week when the big engagement came out, Apple news alerts sent a headline that Meghan Markle (not sure on spelling) will be the first American to marry into the family or whatever. And I was like, "What? Kate Middleton is American, isn't she?" Lol, nope, Google tells me that she definitely isn't!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019