July 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 12/1

Another week and I haven't touched the gym...my PiYo instructor has been texting me about not being in class :grimace:

It's hard leaving the house when I've grown out of most of my gym clothes, plus it's easily under 40* in the morning and I hate hate hate being cold.
At least I have been able to row at home (on a water rower) most days just to get my heart rate up at random intervals.

I hope you all are more motivated that I am! 
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Fit Mom Friday 12/1

• @echocharlietango I’m in the same boat as you. Exhaustion hit hard this week and I couldn’t make myself workout. The most I could muster was some walks. I’m really hoping to get back at it next week. I’ve been on a fit journey/lifestyle for about 9 months and I loved it. I don’t want to take a 9 month break.  :s
  • Last week i had no motivation, but after a long talk with my bro in law / trainer, I felt so loved and accepted no matter what form I show up in, so I've made the effort this week.  Tuesday was shoulders, yesterday was lil of everything, thrusters, burpees, flies, etc.  Going again tonight. Not sure what we're up to yet.  Even though Im the most tired ive been in my life from LO AND running on 4.5hrs sleep,  AND feeling like puking every 30min,  I do actually feel better after working out.  And the group Im with are so supportive, or atleast they pretend that my BLAHness doesnt bother them.  Haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got two workouts in this week, I found some pregnancy workouts that are supposed to be "just as intense" as the ones for not pregnant people, so we'll see. I was going to do one today but tweaked my back running around after DS at gymnastics, so I need a heating pad. 

I also got the dogs on three hikes this week, so while that's not high intensity, struggling against 4 dogs and running after DS gets that heart rate up!

If all my weeks are like this one, I'll be happy. I have never worked out all pregnancy for either of my two and I would love to change that!
  • @MyBell524 that sounds awesome. Good for you! Also I can't do a burpee right to save my life. I have to modify. So high five!
  • I go twice a week to a gym with my best friend.  It is all dancing and body weight stuff so its not too bad.  I am still also running in the mornings.  I usually only go about a mile because that is all I have time for before work.  I plan to keep it up as long as I can.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Workout 4 of the week today.  Just restarted hammer and chisel for the third time after doing a round of 21df.   Scheduled rest day yesterday.   

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @MyBell524 I always feel less BLAH on days I workout, too.  I keep telling myself that anything is better than nothing, as well as working out as long as I can will continue to help my health. 

When does everyone typically exercise?

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• I have been to OrangeTheory twice this week, and hoping to squeeze in a jog tonight. I have been much more active this pregnancy compared to my first, and I'm hoping I can keep it up. I was such a fat lazy blob last time. I am eager for my first appointment to talk to my doctor about exercise though, as OrangeTheory pushes for some high heart rate, and I have heard mixed information about whether that is ok during pregnancy. In the meantime I've been taking it easier in my classes.
  • pretzelloverpretzellover member
    edited December 2017
    @TheQuietThings Are you talking xFit? Whatever it is sounds intense!

I just started exercising again after IVF doctor cleared me at 8 weeks post u/s. He did say no jumping and no running until 2nd trimester - which seems a tad random - so I’m slowly ramping back up with squats, lunges, light deadlifts, arm weights and brisk 2-3m walks. Gonna try to start moderate elliptical & stairmaster next week. 

Did any of your ladies doctors say “no ....”?
  • I teach fitness classes and yoga. Unfortunately between my time off for the wedding and the honeymoon, by the time I found out I was pregnant I was already almost 5 weeks and no exercise - which for me means I had not hit the gym regularly though I was super active on my hm(hiking, swimming,etc). I have been feeling better since my 7th week but then of course I got a cold! It was awful!

Anyways I've been back teaching now and I've also been told to keep hr below 140. I hate running but I used to take OTF-type classes too but honestly I'm going to skip the ones with a lot of cardio and just go to the push/pull ones with more lifting. I don't do well when my hr spikes in general and I'd rather not risk it and lift instead.

Worked out 3 times this week and plan to go to Zumba this weekend! Hopefully now that I'm feeling better I can get back into my routine. I plan on starting prenatal yoga around my 14th week.
  • Oh, and my doctor just said to not start anything new. Anything I did before is generally ok, just keep the hr below 140. So I guess I won't start training for a marathon now, lol.
  • I have a nasty cold and sore throat, I haven't been working out but I hope to go to Soul Cycle at least once this weekend and maybe a light jog.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kissableviv I wonder if the REs (IVF doctors) are just more restrictive. I was pretty fit pre-IVF, cardio and weights, but with with the IVF hormones, egg retrival, transfer and early pregnancy - doctor has been so restrictive. I will just live vicariously through you ladies until I meet my Ob in a week and hopefully she clears me for more activity! I really do think exercise helps me with the nausea + the bloating (double yay!)
  • Hi everyone, new to the board! I finally made it back to the gym this week after two weeks off (I was sick and the MS hit me hard) and felt great! Did a few interval/circuit classes. Hoping to keep up with at least 4 good workouts a week for most of my pregnancy :)

On a funny note—I ran a half marathon on October 1st and realized today that I was actually already pregnant, so my little nugget is a half marathoner!
  • @pretzellover no, they are actually beach body workout programs that I stream.   My midwife said it was fine to do whatever as long as I was doing it before, which I was.   Not a time to start running.... But my rheumatologist would lecture me for that! 

I actually lost 20pound over the past year so trying to keep working out for as long as possible.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @pretzellover it's actually very likely that they are, it makes sense. Personally I am trying to act normal but I'm also being super cautious in my classes. I'm going to visit my company HQ in Wyoming next week and they want to go ice skating. Initially I was excited but I'm too afraid of falling! I'd rather be safe than sorry, as this is my first babe. I'm excited for you to get clear soob for some workouts!
  • Saturday workout :check:

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• I'm hoping to go today.  I only ran 1x this week, amd cramped so much afterwords and had some pink, some Im trying not to push it until my next U/S. I'm usually a 5x/week girl so it's tough not working out as much. But I'm also exhausted at the end of the day, so it's not *that* difficult lol waiting for the 2nd tri energy burst!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • I tell myself daily "today is the day!" But mentally and physically I just feel totally unable. I've been mainly focusing on eating very cleanly, instead, and when those rare, good days pop up, doing as many little work outs as I can throughout the day. I think I just need to switch my classes up, too. I usually take 8:30 AM classes, but insomnia and MS are not letting me, and weather has been keeping me from my afternoon runs. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • I’ve had to switch my yoga classes from vinyasa to yin. I was getting so out of breath and basically hanging out in child’s pose half the class. I still have to be careful, since it’s easy to over stretch during pregnancy, but st least i’m In no danger of passing out. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to the flow classes in 2nd tri. 
  • edited December 2017
    The week before was rough, but this last week I made it to 4 Jazzercise classes and felt so much better just getting some activity in. Normally I do 4-5 classes a week, but for the last couple weeks was only making it to a class or two, so it was nice to get back to my normal routine for once. Definitely had to take it down a notch from my usual intensity, but just hoping to stay active. 
  • Skipped my workout today and instead snuggled with #2 who was awake bright and early.  Trying not to be hard on myself about it.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Monday workout done.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @noideawhatshesdoing
    @thequietthings
    Thx for the am inspiration!
    I got my workout in this am, but my lower abdomen has hurt since.  :| hoping it’s just stuff stretching that should be... bc I really don’t want to become an Oompa Loompa.
  • @pretzellover take it easy!  Did you do core work?   

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @pretzellover take it easy!  Did you do core work?   
    Indirectly; I did a variety of arm weights while balancing on a bosu, and weighted rows... and then the stairmaster. 
    Not proud of myself right now. 
  • @pretzellover those workouts that balance really engage core. Which is good, but might cause some soreness.  

Tuesday workout done.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Heading to yoga today. I'm traveling for work and hoping to have time tomorrow to use the exercise room at the hotel. Otherwise I'll have to catch up this weekend! Stepped on the scale today since going to the doc 3 weeks ago and only out on 1 pound or so. Hoping to keep it under 3 in the first tri...
  • I did Orange Theory last night and felt pretty good. I was so tired before I went, but exercising actually seemed to help. I am trying to stay motivated, but having to slow down in my workouts and realizing that no matter what exercise I do I am going to gain weight is kind of disheartening. I am so excited to be pregnant, but I hate this early pregnancy starting to get kind of chubby phase. 
  • Yoga was awesome! We also walked A TON and did an escape room with my team. Fun, but I'm exhausted. My boss is in the lobby and ordered a bottle of wine for the 4 of us staying here...I just wanna go to bed! Heading to the gym in the am I hope.
  • Wednesday  workout done.  @limoncat OTF intrigues me!

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Everyday while I'm work I get all pumped up like yeah I'm gonna eat so healthy and workout today! I'm a fit mom! Then come dinner time I'm all
    Image result for mac n cheese gif
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TheQuietThings OTF is such a great workout and so much fun. It is definitely not the most pregnancy friendly thing ever. I think I will be able to do it into my 2nd tri, but beyond that it will probably be too intense.
  • How do you ladies get the energy? My daughter has been bringing me my shoes and requesting to go downstairs in our basement/gym area to exercise so she can be super strong. So that’s my only motivation. Besides that all I want to do is crawl under a rock and sleep. When will I get my energy back