January 2018 Moms

Hypnosis Check-in 11/27 - 12/10

darkrose88darkrose88 member
edited December 2017 in January 2018 Moms
1. What Hypnosis program are you completing? (Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, etc.)

2. Where are you on your Hypnosis journey to date? Are you doing a home study, an in-person course, or simply listening to some of the tracks at your leisure? 

3. Do you have any goals or "to do"s for your Hypnosis homework that you are trying to achieve over the next two weeks?

4. Did you meet your goals or "to do's" since the previous check-in?

5. Do you have any roadblocks since the last check-in that you are working on overcoming? 

6. Do you have any questions about your specific hypnosis program? 

7. GTKY: What does your ideal birth look like? Home birth? Water birth? Hospital without medication?

Re: Hypnosis Check-in 11/27 - 12/10

• 1. What Hypnosis program are you completing? (Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, etc.) Hypnobabies Home Study.

2. Where are you on your Hypnosis journey to date? Are you doing a home study, an in-person course, or simply listening to some of the tracks at your leisure? I'm in Maintenance of the Hypnobabies Home Study.

3. Do you have any goals or "to do"s for your Hypnosis homework that you are trying to achieve over the next two weeks? Keeping consistent and doing both my Maintenance Techniques track and the assigned hypnosis track each night. I really want to get the VBAC success tracks in there too somewhere.

For the most part. There were two days when I only did one track instead of two, but I've been working hard to do this the right way.

5. Do you have any roadblocks since the last check-in that you are working on overcoming? About 10 days ago I was in L&D for contractions and that really threw me off for a day or two. I was unable to do my tracks that night and the following night because I was so focused on keeping myself hydrated and rested.

6. Do you have any questions about your specific hypnosis program? Nope!

7. GTKY: What does your ideal birth look like? Home birth? Water birth? Hospital without medication? I have to give birth in the hospital because I'll be having a VBAC. But I am hoping for a water birth without medical intervention.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• 1. What Hypnosis program are you completing? (Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, etc.)
    Hypnobabies home study

2. Where are you on your Hypnosis journey to date? Are you doing a home study, an in-person course, or simply listening to some of the tracks at your leisure? 
    Maintenance tracks 

3. Do you have any goals or "to do"s for your Hypnosis homework that you are trying to achieve over the next two weeks?
    Continue to practise my maintenance techniques and stay positive and relaxed about my birthing time. 

Sort of. I listening to my main hypnosis track and maintenance track every day except one the past two weeks. But I failed at listening to my joyful pregnancy affirmations as I usually listen to them in the car. With me out of the office due to shingles and the over the holidays I think I missed an entire week of listening to them. 

5. Do you have any roadblocks since the last check-in that you are working on overcoming? 
    So I've had some run ins with that I assume are BH and it was very hard to use my hypnosis due to the suddenness and pain. I'm just going to have to focus on relaxing and using my hynoanstesia in the future. 

Nope! 

7. GTKY: What does your ideal birth look like? Home birth? Water birth? Hospital without medication?
    I'm giving birth at a birth center located in a hospital and have the option to do a water birth. I haven't decided if I'll do a water birth, but my current situation allows me to go drug free. This is pretty much as close to my ideal birth as it can get. Now if I can have a quick, painless one, I'll be over the moon, but at least the quick part is unlikely given my mom labored for awhile with all 3 of her kids. 
  • Loading the player...

• 1. What Hypnosis program are you completing? (Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, etc.) Hypnobabies home study 

I just finished reading week 2 and started listening to week 3 track the other night and woke up like an hour later. Darn! 
    Consistency would probably help since that is my biggest short coming right now. I’m 34 Weeks now and need to figure out where she discusses finger drop bc I feel like I don’t get that concept. 
    I’m still working through the program, but I haven’t exactly buckled down. 
    My roadblock is the same, finding time to lie down without interruption. I’m home with my kids all day and I work during naptime so that leaves me with bedtime. I tend to fall asleep while listening to the tracks but the experts say it’s ok. 
    Where can I go to revisit the finger drop? 
    I plan to deliver in the hospital and I don’t think they offer water birth option. But they do have a tub for birthing time. I avoided the epidural with my last 2 babies and I had quick (not painless) birthing times with them. Hopefully I make it to the hospital and can utilize the hypnobabies techniques to achieve the hypno anesthesia I’ve read about! 
  • @trudytudy It depends on the version. If you're using the 6th edition I think the finger drop technique is in the reading. If you have the 7th edition there's a finger drop track.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @missblaze I have the 6th edition. I’ll have to revisit it again. The book said it practices on track 3 which I listened to today/fell asleep to today. Errrr umm. I’m hoping I’m just so good at self hypnosis that I think I’m sleeping. 
  • @trudytudy your post made me feel so much better. I'm totally struggling with consistency and not falling asleep. I get all of the tracks mixed up and I swear, I am not that dumb. I had such a good start and then when LO's health went belly up, I got way behind. If they don't have that track for you in the 6th edition, I'd recommend buying it to supplement (it's called "Finger-Drop Technique"). The finger drop tracks are the easiest for me because they're only 15-22 min long! The other ones I make it through maybe 10% of the time.

@missblaze I think you're the HB poster child! You're definitely my role model. I genuinely admire how committed you've been from the start.

I need help finding when we actually make hypnoanesthesia the first time...I'm having a hard time visualizing it and I do recall creating it once at the beginning where I actually could envision "the light". You'd think it would be in the "creating hypnoanesthesia" track but that would be too easy!
  • @libbberty I totally agree with you on @missblaze being the poster child for HB! I honestly don't think I would have given it a shot if she hadn't been so passionate about it from the very beginning. 

@trudytudy I fall asleep every single time I listen to my hypnosis. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. Everything I've read says it is fine to sleep, so I wouldn't worry about it! I also agree with getting the practise techniques hypnosis track. I feel like they are easier than running through them by yourself (except you know, I pretty much always fall sleep listening to the finger drop practise as well :D. There is just no winning!)
  • @libbberty @darkrose88 I may be our poster child, but I also fall asleep during every single track. Even the techniques practice tracks! I can't help it! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• BOP (Bubble of peace) warning.

Ladies, I am STRUGGLING. I may need an accountability buddy to get through this next week. Off to listen to Deepening right now and I just do not want to. I would so much rather do just about anything else. Thank you for listening to my adult temper tantrum!

On a positive note, I made it almost all of the way through Creating Hypnoanesthesia yesterday before falling asleep.
  • @libbberty I am with you! Deepening is my most hated(?) track. I really, really struggle with it. And I'm so tired and worn out right now that I have zero motivation to do my hypnosis tonight. Ugh. I'm happy to be your accountability partner if you want <3

Pregnancy Ticker

• @libbberty @missblaze I totally feel you both on the struggle. There are some nights I just straight up do not want to listen to my hypnosis and I fall asleep every time I do. Heck, I tried listening to the fear clearing track during the day on Sunday and I fell asleep... the struggle is so real! 
  • Ha, I just started this week, have made it through one disc and am already feeling done. So thanks for making me feel normal, because it feels crazy - shouldn't I be happy for the excuse to just lie down and chill?
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Yes! I have been a huge slacker too! The last time I worked on hypnobabies was Sunday listening to the affirmations. It’s hard to put time aside to focus on it when I know I’m going to zonk out for who knows how long. I’m going to keep with it though.  Buuuuuut I’m probably not going to listen to anything tonight. 
  • I've literally just been putting my tracks on when I'm about to go to bed and listening to them then. And I listen to the affirmations in the car on the way to and from work. Even if you're "asleep" it still works. On my ipod I have a playlist for each day of maintenance, so I just let the playlist play when I lay down.

Pregnancy Ticker