May 2018 Moms

Due date check in (4/29-5/6?) 11/27

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the last week of April through the first week of May ;)

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?

Re: Due date check in (4/29-5/6?) 11/27

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?
    17w4d

I’m freaking out right now. I haven’t been to the midwife in an official capacity yet, and it will be another two weeks until I am seen due to financial reasons on our end. Outside of exhaustion and constipation I have like no symptoms right now, and haven’t felt the baby move in a few weeks now. It’s still early yet, so I know it’s normal to not be feeling anything yet anyway. I’ve also lost my appetite for the most part, and am back down to my pre pregnancy weight, which is concerning to me, even though it shouldn’t be. I’m having anxiety attacks at the drop of a hat, and insomnia over being afraid of nightmares concerning le fetus. 

Other than that, I’m great! :tongue:

Hopefully I’ll be seen ASAP in December /shrugs (I’m not freaking out, who’s freaking out???)

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?
    I haven’t started buying yet, but I’m most excited about sending a gift to one of my friends in my previous BMB for our gift exchange. I’m probably sending her a mug with a breakfast club quote and a shirt with the names of the kids from Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. She’s obsessed with 80’s culture and Willy Wonka so I’m hoping it’ll cheer her up a little bit.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?
    We usually burn a Yule log throughout the night and have a no electronics rule during it. Since neither of us are religious it’s more of an emotional reconnect to each other and to nature than anything else.
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 18 weeks.  Due 4/30 and baby is the size of an artichoke

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  I am trying to finish my interim reports.  Only two more to go!  I am excited to see all my book club ladies at our meeting this week and for our camp holiday party this weekend.  I'm feeling tired and sick, STILL!  Rant- I hate editing the reports this time of year.  Rave- It finally cooled off and doesn't feel like a summer anymore.

Any upcoming appointments? I need to schedule my AS.  I see my OB next Wednesday.

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I am getting there.  I would say I am halfway done.  I did a lot of online shopping this weekend.  I need to buy for the Secret Santa exchange we do with my cousins and for my nephews.  I am waiting on the wishlists from those people.  I think the best gift I am giving is to my SIL.  I got her this great custom made Harry Potter sign in Hufflepuff colors (her house).  The writing looks like this :

I also got her a set of unicorn makeup brushes that I know she will love.  

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? I have always enjoyed this time of year, but sharing it with DS makes it so much more fun.  He is holiday obsessed.  We decorated first thing Friday and he asked to make gingerbread men that same day.  He has such a love of the holiday activities and his excitement is contagious.  One of our traditions is to get hot cocoa and walk the street that has all the crazy Christmas lights.  

@ivyvines6 I would be going crazy!  Also, +1 for the constipation.  It has been terrible this last week.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @sparklingdiamond that’s a lot to process right now! Hopefully you’ll be able to get everything figured out between childcare arrangements and finances between now and when you’ll need it. 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 17+4. 5/3. H was appalled I didn't know what was or the size of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, but apparently that is the size of baby.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I have an anterior placenta and just want to feel baby!!

Any upcoming appointments? Friday is my AS!

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I have my dad left to do and then I'm done!! The toddler is going to be so pumped with his Kid Kraft fire house playset and Brio trains.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? We go and drive around and see Christmas lights.  The toddler has loved it.  In fact, we went to see Halloween lights and decorations last month and it was a little creepy but he had his first ultimate tantrum when we had to leave he loved it so much.  At least this time we will stay in the car to hopefully avoid that.
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 17 weeks, 2 days - May 5th - Onion or Navel Orange

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Nausea is waning, boobs aren't quite as sore, but sleeping is becoming uncomfortable, especially in my hips. I tried sleeping with a pillow between my knees last night and it helped relieve some pressure, but made it hard to roll over easily without waking up completely. Rave: I was able to wean down on my nausea medicine from 2 tablets to 1 over the weekend! Woo hoo!! Now to see how the next few weeks go to try to wean off completely! Rant: I know this is not something to truly wish for, but part of me daydreams of going on bedrest so I don't have to deal with work anymore. One of my project managers is seriously grinding on my last nerve - it's so bad I cried in front of him last week! He doesn't have good personal-skills and is very blunt. His favorite thing is finding the tiniest flaw I've made and calling me out on it and making me feel 2 inches tall. He's gotten better since I started 2 years ago (and there's stories that he used to be 10x worse before me), so it could just be my hormones blasting everything out of proportion. If I could get away from him and get a chance to catch up on house work (which is severely behind), I feel like I'd be so much better off mentally and could actually relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

Any upcoming appointments? Next Monday for a checkup and to schedule the A/S!!

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? HA!!! Barely even started. Normally I stock up throughout the year, but we're really behind this year. We have no clue what to get our DD. Anyone else having trouble finding something they think their kids will love? My best gift is a drone for DH. He's been hinting at wanting one all year. Plus, we may be able to write it off as tax expense since we may use it to check for missing cows on the farm. ;)

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? The only thing we do a little differently is not having many traditions haha. DH and I haven't started any yet, although I'm sure now that DD is getting older, she'll want some things to be the same in years to come that will become our own little traditions. This year, we're going to my Dad's in TN for Christmas. It's the house I grew up in, so the memories are amazing, although some are bittersweet with reminders of my mom. This will be the first year DD actually understands who Santa Claus is and what he does, so I'm excited to see her reactions to Santa's note and presents. :)
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 17w1d pomegranate 

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  Nausea, vomiting, constipation and tired...what else is new? Still down 23 lbs from pre pregnancy weight.  Rant: work is going to be crazy until the 15th. not looking forward to 12+ hour days, daily. Rave: but I am taking 3 weeks off after the 15th! 

Any upcoming appointments? none this week. Anatomy scan on the 15th.

ha! I haven't even started lol. Barely even begun to think about what we are getting everyone. 

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? I cannot think of anything specific. Honestly, not really looking forward to xmas this year. My aunt passed away two months ago from metastatic breast cancer and I cannot imagine Christmas without her. Going to go get our tree on Sunday with her husband and daughter, they are trying to go through the motions and still do all of their holiday traditions without her, but it's so hard.....and i'm crying. damn hormones. 
  • @mileswithmyles Yea, that is probably what we will have to look at, but I am afraid they are just so expensive!  I am excited to see if he likes the balance bike.  He has a tricycle, but can't seem to get the hang of the peddling.

• @sparklingdiamond @mileswithmyles Not my due date week, but wanted to chime in on the balance bike.  We got DS a balance bike a few months ago and at first he rode it a few times and kinda left it alone, we now moved it inside and about every other day he gets on it and is started to steer and go faster, he's really starting to take to it, i bet he will really be moving on it come spring.  We initially bought it after going to a bmx event where 2-3 year olds actually compete on a bmx track with them (mind blown to see little girls and guys doing this)!  We also got him a little helmet and he looks so damn adorable with it :)  This pic is from when we first got it and it was nice out!
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 17w3d

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? still sick. My rant may be a bit selfish but my friend just found out she's pregnant and she's driving me CRAZY! She has morning sickness but isn't throwing up and can eat and drink. I have HG but she's going on and on about how it's so much worse for her and I'll never understand. Since I'm sick all day every day and haven't eaten in months I guess I'm just annoyed by the constant texting.

Go in for labs today and my next appointment is next week

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? almost done! My husband and I read Harry Potter for the first time this year and loved it so I got him the illustrated version of the first three! He's gonna flip!

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? every year we write down funny things that happen throughout the year and we read them on Christmas and vote on the most absurd thing from the year! It's fun going back through the year! My family is absurd so usually there's lots of laughter!
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 17 weeks, 5 days. Due 5/3. Pomegranate.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?   Just excited for our A/S in two weeks. I think we are settled on both a girl and boy name now. Feeling pretty good. I have had an increase in heartburn in the evening but still bearable. 

Any upcoming appointments? A/S December 14! 

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? Definitely not. We are having tons of family come into town from out of state and I find myself really unsure of what to buy for people that I haven’t seen in the past year. Plus some of the family have to fly home so they will want things that aren’t bulky. Is it okay to get your own parents a gift card? Maybe I could just do a nice dinner gift card for my parents. 

I am an most excited for DD because we are going to surprise her with a bedroom makeover. We recently redid our bedroom and she kept asking where her big girl bed was. We bought this bed and plan to put her room toghether on Christmas Eve. 

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? I love the holidays and being pregnant definitely makes everything more emotional. One non traditional thing we do is eat chili for Christmas Eve dinner. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @attorneyworkproduct we’re due date twins! But also, we have chili for Christmas Even with my parents as well. It’s awesome.
  • *lurking from the other due date week  :D*
    @attorneyworkproduct and @ivyvines6 The real question is, do you eat the chili with cinnamon rolls?? LOL  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

@attorneyworkproduct and @ivyvines6 The real question is, do you eat the chili with cinnamon rolls?? LOL  
    Hahahaha no. I eat it with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
  • @abhphilly  trust me, she is going to feel  A LOT!!!!  it took a bit longer, I was 20 weeks with the toddler when I for sure felt him, and it most happened for me after work when I was sitting down because basically they sleep all day as we move around and rock them, so they are up at night!!  H started being able to feel a few weeks after and then you feel like an alien with them gliding around and poking out.  I got so nervous my students were going to see him poking out and moving after lunch.  She will feel baby no doubt!!
  • @cups4 Thank you! I got worried reading about some people who barely felt anything the whole time, to the point where they kept going to the hospital to get checked. I'll take that the doctor is always easily able to find the heartbeat on a doppler as a good sign.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @abhphilly I should add that I had an anterior placenta with him too, but it's about to get so much fun for us and our partners!!
    I can’t say that we do, lol. Typically we have rye bread with cream cheese on the side. I do always add honey to my chili. DH thinks it’s weird, but sometimes I also sneak it into his. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sandbar517 I remember! It cracked me up when you asked it actually 
    17+4 and EDD 5/5. Baby is the size of a pomegranate!

Honestly I'm feeling rather symptomless! It's a scary feeling. And I don't have any confirmation that I'm pregnant (no doppler or feeling movement). I feel like I'm left in the dark here...

My next appt is mid-December, the anatomy scan

Oh heck no! I wish I was. My coworkers and I are participating in a local "adopt a family" where we provide gifts from their wish/need list. I think it's a great idea and I was very happy to participate!
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @abbykm7 that’s so cool!  That will be a very special Christmas!

@helloworld9 do you mean you don’t have a Doppler or can’t find the HB on one?
    18 weeks, baby is the size of a croissant or an artichoke. 

SI joint pain has kicked in early for me. It's more painful than with my son although today was a good day.  So maybe it'll just come and go. I go for acupuncture and she treated it last week but I'm tempted to go to physio too. 

Appointment with my ob/gyne on Monday, anatomy scan on dec 7!!!!

I have a good start on the Christmas shopping but I have a ways to go!  We are spoiling the kids and trying to keep it to small gifts for the adults. Hubby and I aren't exchanging because we spent way too much money on the garage.  
    I think the best gift so far is a big tool bench we got for our son. 
  • @ivyvines6 I hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you! I'm symptom free other than sore boobs and I rely heavily on my Doppler. 

@mileswithmyles how long did the crappy symptoms last with your previous pregnancy?  I hope it passes soon for you. 

@attorneyworkproduct that bed frame is amazing!!

@kpc914 23 pounds?!  Oh man, that's impressive!  I hope you get to feeling better soon too. 

@cups4 I'm bemoaning my anterior placenta too :(
  • @squashandlaces have you tried seeing a chiropractor, too?  Hope you get some relief. 

With DS I was really sick until 13 weeks, felt fine, and then felt sick again at the end. 
  • @mileswithmyles Oh I meant I don't have a doppler. My husband told me that I'd go crazy with it and I think he is right. But now I'm going crazy thinking, is the baby still there? Literally the only confirmation is my bloat not yet bump, and no period.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Jealous of all of you done with Christmas shopping! Also, I can't wait to see everyone's little squishes soon from the AS pics!
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 18+2 baby is the size of a tribble

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Sciatica still sucks, but not as bad.  I am starting to beg off of the climbing and lifting at work

Any upcoming appointments? Monday

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? Haven't really even started yet.  I only really buy for Viking and DH.  Everyone else gets gift cards.  I'm not really even buying for Viking this year, just wrapping a bunch of empty boxes since that is is all time favorite toy.  He's going to love it.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? We like to see a movie and have a "junk food feast" on Christmas Eve.  We also do a birthday cake for Jesus.  My favorite part of the season is a tie between the music and the smells.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • edited December 2017
    Omg I keep thinking I posted in here and I didn't... Ugh... Pregnancy brain. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

19 weeks tomorrow

I have a coldsore cluster coming out of the corner of my mouth that makes me feel like the Joker. I've never had one this bad in my life. And an ignorant co-worker pointed it out, wouldn't shut up about it very loudly and basically made me cry. And I know you don't personally know me but I'm not like that. Ever. I've often been told at work that I'm hard to read. It was so awkward. I couldn't even look at her. 

Monday!!! I find out the sex on Monday!!!

Ugh no :( I'm like... 1/3 done. So far I'm really excited to give my toddler the Leap pad I got him on a sweet cyber Monday deal. 

I make perogies by hand, from a scratch (dough and filling) for my family. It kills my wrists (mild carpal tunnel) but it's sooooo worth it. 
  • Lurking from another due date week.  I LOVE perogies!!!!  I tried to make them for our Christmas Eve a few years ago, and never again.  It was a disaster.  We do Mrs. T's now and no one complains. HAHAHAHAHA

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17