May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-in (Week of 11/27): Fifth Week of May 5/27-6/2

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May 5/20-5/26. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Are you finished with your Holiday shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?

Bonus GTKY: Did you ask for any special gifts for yourself?

Re: Due Date Check-in (Week of 11/27): Fifth Week of May 5/27-6/2

• Options
    13+4, Lemon

Ugh constipation and I think possible hemorrhoids. I had both really bad with DD. Such a lovely side of pregnancy. I'm also still dealing with insomnia and disrupted sleep which is annoying. Overall I've been feeling better recently, I think my energy is coming back a bit.

Any upcoming appointments? OB on Thursday.

GTKY: Are you finished with your Holiday shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?
    I did some serious damage today with online shopping. I'm taking a personal day from work on Thursday (still sending DD to daycare) to finish my shopping. I'm never done this early, but I'm actually on top of things this year.

Best gift- We had photo books made of DD's first year for our parents. 

Bonus GTKY: Did you ask for any special gifts for yourself? New Sorel boots.
  • Options
    @doraleigh35 new boots is a great idea I put mine on for the first time today and saw the was a hole in one of the seams. Though when I am my mom to get me the same boots kamik black very utilitarian and for their purpose, she buys me white or pink frilly boots that someone who doesn't walk in snow would wear I really don't understand it.

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 13 +6 a lemon still

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? My nausea is gone I think which is making me nervous. I was actually able to eat whatever I want. Now if everything is okay, I can see how easily the weight is going to come on. My hips have been killing me when i sleep, I'm hoping this is my new sign that I'm still pregnant and not just because my dog is taking up too much room in the bed.

Friday we drive for 10ish hours to head out to Buffalo for the patriots vs bills game. I'm excited for the game, not so much the drive, though dh says if I convince my principal to let me leave early during my prep then I don't have to drive! 

12/11 for my 5th ultrasound to check on the pertrubance in my uterus that they're not sure what it is. That date can't come fast enough. I've been missing a lot of work to drive the 1.5 hours to the appointments, I'm hoping everything is good so I can explain to my colleagues who have been covering my afternoon class any I've needed to leave. 

I haven't bought anything. I have no idea what I'm getting anyone. 

Bonus GTKY: Did you ask for any special gifts for yourself? A bathrobe, but then I bought myself one because it was on sale on black Friday and it came in handy at midnight while it was snowing when one of our dogs needed to get out and I didn't want to get dressed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May 5/20-5/26. 

13 weeks and 6 days- last day of the first trimester! Due May 30th

My nausea came back in full force this week. I am also so exhausted and hoping that magically this goes away tomorrow when I hit the second trimester. My back is killing me because of my massive boobs.
    While that was a rant in itself- here is my rant for the week. My four year old has wet the bed 4 out of the last 5 nights which is out of character. Last night he came into our bed and despite wearing a diaper he managed to pee our bed and pee all over my pregnancy pillow. Mom guilt is in full force and I worry this regression has something to do with the new baby.
    Alright, enough being a whiny baby myself- rave time. I was able to get some great Black Friday deals online and one of them is the present my son keeps asking for. I can’t wait to see his face on Christmas. Also- when asked what made him happiest he said Mommy’s hugs (and pj mask). Second rave- my daughter is so excited about the baby- she is constantly kissing my belly and asking me what size fruit it is now.

I was supposed to have on Friday but it got moved to next Monday. Can’t wait to hear that heartbeat.

GTKY: Are you finished with your Holiday shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I’m getting close to being done with my kids but still have lots of family to buy for. The best gifts are the ones my kids have been dying to get but the one that may actually work out as a gift for me is a bath bomb maker my daughter asked for.

I want a new diaper bag which my husband just doesn’t understand so it may come from my parents instead. My husband is always good for getting me massage gift cards which will come in very handy! 
  • Options
    14 weeks, peach 

Feeling tired after holiday travel. Have in laws here this week so still going to be out of routine for a bit.... also super hungry!

Next week, just routine appt 

Hhhaaaaaa!!! I got a few small Black Friday/cyber Monday deals for my kids, but otherwise have not started. 

i asked my husband for a roomba thinking he would laugh at me... I think he got one!!! I’m so excited! 
  • Options

14 weeks today! Finally in the second trimester. 5/29. Baby is the size of a peach or a beet! 

Raves- Finally have some energy back! I was able to clean my entire house (which I haven't done since 5 weeks!) and put up Christmas decorations! 

Rants- My MIL is on my list. She keeps referring to the baby as her "grandson", when we don't know the gender. She rolled her eyes at my girl names and stated she hated someone with that name. She is referring to me as "the vessel that carries her grandchild" and she's commenting about my weight and how I'm showing already. Ugh. 

Next Monday! Can't wait to hear this baby's heartbeat again! 

ummm no. Barely even started in fact! The best gift I'm giving has to be this baby right? Even though it's not coming until May! 

I didn't actually! I can never think of what I need and then after Christmas I have a list! 
  • Options
    14 weeks, 3 days. Due 5/27. Baby is the size of a peach!

Morning sickness finally passed and i have energy again. I was able to decorate my whole house for Christmas! I am having a bit of a hard time with lack of appetite. I'm just not hungry often and when I am, I get full really quickly. I'm sure that'll change quick, it's just a weird one for me because before pregnancy, I was hungry all the time!

Any upcoming appointments
    not until 12/12. We get to find out gender that day!

I took advantage of black Friday/ cyber Monday sales and bought some baby stuff like a crib and dresser and stroller. I also got my husband a season pass for snowboarding. 

Nothing yet.  I'm sure I'll think of something I just have to have!
  • Options
    mmb4532mmb4532 member
    edited November 2017
    @ashley585 We find out the gender 12/13! I'm  so excited and hope that baby cooperates! I'm ready to start planning and buying stuff! 
  • Options
    @mmb4532 Me too! Is this your first? The waiting game is tough. I just wanna know. We havnt really started talking names and I think knowing gender will start that ball rolling!
  • Options
    @ashley585 This is my first! What about you? It's hard because we are at the end of the month, so everyone is posting what they are having and I just want to know! We have a few names but nothing set in stone just yet. 
  • Options
    @mmb4532 also my first. Pregnancy has been a bit of a trip so far. Hoping the rest is smooth sailing. It's exciting to see all the other ladies posing their updates and knowing I have that to look forward to!
  • Options
    @ashley585 I agree! At first I felt fine, then I was worried, then I felt like crap from weeks 6-12, now I'm feeling pretty good again and worried. I guess I better just prepare myself that I'm going to worry about this little one for the rest of my life!