Infertility

November IVF

Re: November IVF

• Thank you so much everyone! We did transfer 2, so maybe we are double lucky. I haven't had a chance to google beta numbers yet, but hearing from you ladies is reassuring me. 
  • @cmiller73 That is such a great report!
  • Loading the player...
  • So I just had my ultrasound- righty has a 14, 11, 11 and 3 smaller ones. Left has an 11 and 4 smaller ones. Feeling a bit disappointed but my doctor said it's still really early (day 5 of stims). Tonight I am supposed to add an addl menopur (150 total), continue 300 follistim and add in a granirelix. Sigh, I guess because I'm younger I was hoping for more than 4 measurable. Is that unrealistic at this point?
  • @baseballhoney Congrats on the awesome beta!  Can't wait for your next update and to hear whether it's one or two at your first ultrasound!  

@cmiller73 10 fertilized is fantastic, hopefully many of them make it to blast and can be biopsied!

@kiwi2628 don't worry, you are still early, have you already done 5 days of stims or will today be your 5th day?  either way, you still have plenty of time for the small ones to catch up, and increasing the menopur should hopefully get things moving a little quicker.  What was your estrogen level?  Try and be patient, most people stim for around 10 days, and the follicles can grow up to 2mm per day.  

AFM, appt with RE went well yesterday, I thought I was going to have to wait for insurance auth to even start prepping for the FET, and knew that AF was expected any day, but he stated that since it was submitted on Monday, I could start estrogen as soon as Day 1 arrived.  It is a 3 week protocol with estrogen b/w on days 5,9 and then a lining and estrogen check on day 14, if everything looks good, PIO for 6 days and transfer on day 21.  Of course I go from wanting AF to hold off a few more days yesterday morning, to wanting it to come as soon as possible after the appt.  And it officially started this morning.  However, I called the nurse as I was instructed to do, left a message and she called me back and left me a message stating that since we don't have insurance approval we may need to wait until my next period (which I don't get on my own, so that will never happen).  Anyway, I immediately called her back and left another voicemail informing her of my specific conversation with RE yesterday and am hoping I can start estrogen tonight.  He said that as long as we have auth before first monitoring we will be fine and we can even stay on estrogen a few extra days if needed before bloodwork to wait for insurance.  

Also good news is that our 6 embryos are all good quality, we have 2 that are excellent hatching blasts and 3 that are expended already.  He was pretty optimistic with both DH and I yesterday that "everything seems to be falling into place this cycle" and "we seem to have the right potion, I am confident about this for you."  I did ask if we could transfer 2 instead of 1, but he said that since it's hatching we need to stick with one for now.  Excited to get started!

• Thanks @bethann1022! Hopefully they get all this insurance business straightened out and you can start ASAP! It sounds super promising for you. 
  • @bethann1022 last night was night 5 of stims, today will be day 6. And I don't know what my estrogen is...still waiting for the call from my nurse with those results.

Sigh, just trying to be hopeful
  • So so excited for @baseballhoney and @laurad75  

So, I’m experiencing some light bleeding.  Wondering if it could be from menopur?  Has anyone experienced it?  I’m now on 225 menopur 
  • @baseballhoney omg that’s awesome!! Hope Thursday brings more good news. :smile:

@cmiller73 awesome report! Love seeing your good news!

@laurad75 such great results so far! So excited for your transfer!

@bethann1022 that’s great your doctor approved you getting started immediately. I hope the nurse gets everything sorted out! It’s so frustrating when you have to keep playing phone tag and there are multiple people involved! We need full time secretaries to deal with all our phone calls and appointments if you ask me! 

@kiwi2628 I am young too (31) and was hoping for more measurable than I got, but ended up with 14 total, 7 mature and fertilized, 1 transferred and 3 others frozen. Not as many as I hoped but I also knew not to have any expectations, as nothing I think will happen ever does! You are still early though. On day 5 of stims I had 7 measurable but small and then 3 days later I had 11 measurable and all but 1 were 14 and up. Give it a little more time! The ganirelix will do that for you. Hope they start sprinting up!

Love to see such positive stuff today!!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • @kiwi2628 I have been a slower responder for a couple of my cycles and I had more follicles popup after day 5 sometimes they catch up.  You might get a couple more.  

@bethann1022 yay!  So glad you are getting started :) and a hatching blast is a great sign I hope all the insurance stuff will get resolved and everything will go smoothly for you.  

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @bethann1022 so my estrogen was 190. 

I talked to my nurse today and she wants me to stay positive, and kept saying its still early and I had only been off estrogen priming for 4 days at that point, so it can take some time. Im gonna stay positive, dammit! With 3 follies at 11 I can totally have like 6 more that are at 7 mm and therefore 'unmeasurable', and by Saturday they could be plump little 13's, right? Totally. Thats my game plan.

Thank you everyone for the love!
  • @kiwi2628, stay positive!! They can totally catch up. I actually didn't even ask my RE how many follicles we had until the last couple of monitoring appointments. I was a super slow starter and my med doses also had to be upped after day 5. Hang in there! 
  • @kiwi2628 Glad to hear you're staying positive, as we all said, you have plenty of time still.  My first cycle literally took me until after 6 days of stims to get my E2 over 100, I ended up stimming for 12 days, and ended up with 16 eggs, 12 of which were mature.  With first cycles, they usually start on lower stims to see how the body reacts, because they can always increase the meds as time goes on, but they want to try to prevent overstimming if possible.  

I was cleared to start estradiol pills last night, there was an issue with insurance auth and they needed more information, so we are hoping that we get the approval by Monday for my first monitoring BW, otherwise, they will just skip that estrogen check and check it on Friday next week instead, so either way glad to be started.  I haven't received set dates yet because we need to wait for the approval, but expected FET will be week before Christmas.  

Also, on a side note, today is the last day of November, bittersweet to see this month come to an end as I have really appreciated all of your support and have also enjoyed getting to know everyone on this board.  Of course, this thread doesn't have to end today, just wanted to let you all know how grateful I am!  
  • @baseballhoney whoohoo!  I think its very normal to be nervous for the ultrasound but don't let IF rob you of getting a little joy out of the super stellar beta result.  :)
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @bethann1022 your embies sound awesome and I am excited you get to be transferring in dec!

@baseballhoney super exciting! do they think twins?

@kiwi2628 I was slow to start too.  

AFM. anyone who does a three day transfer is a trooper.  I am just healing from the IVF and there is bleeding cramping and swelling.  If I had to decipher pregnancy symptoms in this sea of bizarre, I would feel insane!
  • @baseballhoney that’s so awesome!! Will you do any monitoring from now till the ultrasound? Do you know when the first ultrasound will be? Thrilled for you!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @mac627 Oh my gosh!! Congrats. That is super good to hear. FX for Saturday.

I will have the ultrasound on December 18th and no more monitoring set up for me. 

@sunnyinatx They didn't say anything in the message. I think I just have to wait until the ultrasound and find out then. 

@2MomsHoping I am a worrier anyway, but I did take time an enjoy this!
  • Congratulations @mac627!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mac627. Congrats!!!!!!!!! 
  • @mac627 congratulations!!! So excited for you. 
  • @mac627 Congratulations!!!! Wonderful news!!

@baseballhoney Amazing second beta! 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @mac627 So excited for you!  Congratulations!!!!!

@baseballhoney GL on 12/18!!

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Thanks everybody!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • I am posting Over in December now- I start stims tonight- but wanted to check in on you ladies!  Congrats @baseballhoney and @mac627!

35 eggs is awesome @laurad75!
  • @mac627 yay!!!!!!!!!

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• That is so exciting @mac627!! So great to hear the number more than doubled. 
  • I'm glad to hear you got more follicles @kiwi2628!
  • @mac627 Great news! 

@kiwi2628 yay for more follicles!  Hope you get some more good news on Monday! 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @kiwi2628 I'm glad a couple more caught up for you!  GL sounds like the egg retrieval is coming up soon.  

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @kiwi2628 that’s great! Good luck with the ER!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @2MomsHoping yay!! It is definitely good enough! Can’t wait to hear it went up on Tuesday. :smile:
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • Great to hear @2MomsHoping!! FX for Tuesday for you. I can't wait to hear. 
  • So, I have to wait until my doctor calls, but they think they are gonna cancel my cycle. I have 3 follicles that are 19-20 today, and everything else (3 more) are only 12, so...yea. Not a lot. I am devastated. Like, ugly sobbing at the RE's office, trying not to cry at work now, I may just leave work today. 
  • @kiwi2628 I’m so sorry this cycle has been such a rollercoaster for you (hug). This is your first cycle of IVF, right? I’m surprised they would cancel, Ive known many women who go in for ER with only a few follicles to retrieve eggs. I’m keeping the faith over here you will still move forward (hug)
  • *previously participating, now lurking...*

@kiwi2628 oh I hope they don’t cancel you! Sorry I can’t remember I forgot you’re under insurance or OOP but if they think those three might be ready and you can afford it, I also can see benefits in going ahead. You can learn a lot from those eggs in terms of maturity and quality, and sometimes there are a few more they find hiding behind the others on ER day. They also learn a lot more about your DHs sperm when they let them have a go at fertilizing. Plus it only takes one in the end! Keeping everything crossed for you and big big hugs. I really know what it is like to be told in a monitoring appointment that you will get a very low number. It feels like being punched in the gut. But I’m convinced you can rock this whatever you decide.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return