Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 11/30

2»

Re: UO Thursday 11/30

• @CraftyG were those public schools? This may seem like a dumb question, but if those are public schools, what did the Jewish kids do? I would have felt super uncomfortable. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @CraftyG @emmasemm In the US there is a separation of church and state so there should be no praying (or other religious activities) in a public school since its run by the state

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • @emmasemm yeah it’s really odd when you actually think about it, I agree with the songs though they were just fun and I love the fact that all the different schools sang the same songs. Even now If someone starts singing cauliflowers fluffy everyone joins in haha

@jsnakehole yeah they were public schools. To be honest it’s just such an old tradition I suppose that no one questions it. Like 95% off my school were atheists, a few went to church and one family were jehovas witness and their parents didn’t want them in any religious activity which meant that they spent a lot of the day just sat outside the room by themselves. 
  • I like the moment of silence. That could be used for so many things: Prayer, reflection, gathering your thoughts after a busy morning, meditation. Whatever you may need before starting the day. 

I'm also pro mindfulness class in lieu of detention. I've seen a few videos of schools doing this and I think it's amazing.
  • @CraftyG I don't know how I would have handled that. I was hyper aware of being the "other" when I was growing up (being the only Jew in your class will do that), so that would have made me supremely uncomfortable. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Ohhhh mannnn! I missed another drive by! :( So glad no one got warned or banned today. 
    @mrs_drc_rn +1 to gooey, soft cookies! DH likes his crunchy too. I usually make one batch of cookies for him and one for me. 
    @eleven_ I absolutely adore Mandy Moore...she's so cute!

AFM: *possible TW* I don't understand why people keep reporting sexual assault/harassment several years after the fact. I mean, I get that they were scared to report it at the time, but I don't understand why they'd choose to report it 20 years later. There's no way to prove it, so why bring it up now? I hope you guys understand that I'm *not* saying that sexual assault is okay! There have just been so many allegations in the news lately, and a lot of them are really really old. Plus it's hard to imagine these seemingly great people (Nick Carter?) doing awful things to women. So maybe I just want to remain naive and believe the best in people...
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • 1. Shame.
    2. Fearing they won’t be believed.
    3. Having more courage to come forward after others do it first.

What I don’t understand is why that is so hard to understand. Sexual assault is extremely difficult to prove and prosecute. Many victims would rather try to move on than go through the trauma of a trial. Statue of limitations means they won’t be subjected to that. Makes perfect sense to me.

**Stuck in the box**
    I do totally get that. I'm sorry for not wording my comment well. *TW* I was in an abusive relationship for a very short period in my life and I never reported it for the reasons you mentioned, even though I could have gone through my military chain of command very easily. *end TW* I guess I just feel conflicted when things are reported so many years later, because I wonder how one is supposed to know whether the allegations are true or not. I guess one can assume when so many people come forward that it's true. I suppose my UO should have just been that I wish I could remain blissfully naive about the actors/prominent people and believe the best in everyone, but that's just not the case. It is good that people are coming forward about the assault running rampant throughout Hollywood (well, not just Hollywood, but everywhere) because it really shines a light on how much things need to change. But I just wish the world was a better place and these things didn't happen. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @legallykate Ugh, I totally forgot about that. Why can't people just be good? Thanks for the reminder.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Yeah, @offtoneverland I always thought Nick Carter seemed shady, so I figured you were a super fan and I was afraid to go there :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers