Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

Re: Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

• Harry Styles just posted his tour dates on IG. Leon Bridges is opening! I want to go but they aren't coming to Utah  :'( I don't know if DH would agree to a vacation if it involved a Harry Styles concert. 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @offtoneverland I need to make slutty brownies asap. My phone keeps autocorrecting slutty to smutty  :D  
    TW

• Loading the player...
  • @jrm_14 How about lava cakes? They are chocolate but if you add cream to the top it cuts through it and use milk instead of dark chocolate it’s not too overpowering. 
    Or for a Christmas meal I’m bringing dessert to I’m gonna give this a go, it’s basically just a meringue topped with cream and berries but looks fancy.

• @offtoneverland sorry girl! Didn't mean not to respond to your question.  We just did spaghetti sauce with the spaghetti squash.  And H made Italian seasoned chicken to go with it.  It was delicious.  Ooo... pad thai sounds great with spaghetti squash!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @jrm_14 I have a really easy cobbler recipe somewhere! You mix frozen berries, a can of apple pie filling, sugar and cinnamon, pour it in a casserole dish and then cover the top with sugar cookie dough! Serve warm with ice cream; it’s so good! 

@offtoneverland I love spaghetti squash with pesto and Parmesan cheese! 
  • @mrs_drc_rn Oh cobbler! That's a great idea! I've never heard of putting sugar cookie dough on the top. Sounds really yummy. I've never thought of putting pesto in spaghetti squash. Thanks for the tip.
    @nitnat007 Yea for not having to shop for your MIL this year! lol
    @eleven_ I can't stop watching that gif of Harry Styles. That hair tho!  <3
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland - i NEED those brownies now. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @jrm_14 yes girl! I remember 
  • @offtoneverland @CraftyG @mrs_drc_rn Thank youfor the suggestions!!
    @josie12367 So glad that PBJ pie worked out well for you!!!!  Putting Pb chips in sounds glorious. 
    I’m surprised @lurvleybunchococonuts didn’t have any pie recipes to share  :D;)

oh, and @josie12367 - we need an m&m  update. How many pounds are left?  What flavors have you tried?  What have you liked best?  Do you eat them all straight or put them in other things?  
  • @eleven_ - what do you mean by "sharing"? Is it like a work show-and-tell or just sharing something personal about yourself? You do this weekly??

@jrm_14 - I'm a fan of strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. I much prefer a dark, rich chocolatey cake but when it's summertime I make the strawberry cake since it's cooler and lighter but still creamy and delicious.
  • @wishiwaspreggo It's pretty open. You can bring in something you've been working on like a craft or share pictures from a vacation you went on. One week I shared some pictures of our remodeled kitchen. Yes, it's every Monday and it goes alphabetically through all employees.  
    TW

• @jrm_14 hahaha I only got around to the chocolate caramel one, pecan, and pumpkin (aside from pot pies).  So I'm no help atm.  Although in the past I've made some kickass key lime pie <---sooo good. And cherry pie... or apple pie?  And my grandma used to make a "cheese pie" (think cheese cake in a graham cracker crust).  Mmm... I might need to make pie this weekend :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @eleven_ - Wow, I'm a hardcore introvert so that would be a ton of pressure for me. Especially because I don't do much outside of work that's "share"-worthy! I spend most of my free time cooking, cleaning, running errands, or, if I'm able to finish all my domestic duties before I collapse into bed, watching Netflix.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I am the same way. I am an extreme introvert and I especially hate public speaking. I like reading a lot and I thought of maybe sharing some of my favorite books. I vetoed that because I'd have to talk about what each book is about and DNW to do that.
    TW

• @wishiwaspreggo oh I love that idea it’s hilarious! I also love cross stitching and you’ve just opened my eyes to a world of inappropriate stitching 
  • @wishiwaspreggo Omg, died laughing at that! Holy crap, I need to rethink my whole crafting game. 

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • edited November 2017

I also want to make this just because it's such a cruel thing to say but it's presented so prettily. I'm a chunky food lover and I have a warped sense of humor. I need to give credit to Jonathan Adler because he's the original designer. However, it was removed from the market because it's offensive so... guess I'll just have to stitch it myself.

Put a spoiler on it because... well, TW eating disorders :\ just in case.
  • @eleven_ Ugh I would hate a grown up show & share. No thanks. 

@wishiwaspreggo That cross stitch is hilarious! I love things like that. They'd be perfect for my brother's gf. 

Y'all, my brunch ended up not being so fabulous. Spoiler because pregnancy and kids.
    I liked seeing my high school girls but two brought they're littles (I knew in advance) and that's all they talked about. Then one of them announced she's six weeks pregnant. Based on other convos, my BFF and I were able to quickly deduce she got it first try. Just like her first. Ugh. I am happy for her but today when I started clomid was not the day I wanted to receive that news. I made it to the car before crying. I can't even drink my feelings away because that + clomid would probably have me vomming all night. 

• Sorry to hear that, @SkilledSailor - it's a letdown when you're expecting to have fun and then don't :( I second the chocolate for sure. Hot brownies and milk make things better.
  • @SkilledSailor girl, I know that feel (Clomid and all). I highly suggest combining the caramel M&Ms with the pretzel ones, for a little salt and crunch. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @SkilledSailor Ohh, good choice with caramel m&ms. 
    I did resist sending him a classic Gordon gif. 

• @darkstar42 I don’t mean to play devils advocate but something I’ve been looning at in therapy recently is about seeing comments that I think are insensitive from a different point of view. Do you think that if you tried to look at it with a fresh pair of eyes you could see some of the lines she’s saying more positively? Also agree with everything that @jrm_14 has said
  • @SkilledSailor ugh, I’m sorry lunch didn’t go well. I know that feel; being upset is totally justified. I’m sending you creepy internet hugs and since you can’t indulge in alcohol, get yourself all the chocolate tonight! 

@darkstar42 ugh, I’m sorry you’re having to go through writing this email. I like what @jrm_14 suggested. Just make sure you’re straightforward with her about how she made you feel. Maybe remind her that it may not seem long to her, but it is to you and telling you to not stress is not entirely helpful. You just need her to listen and be supportive. 
  • Also I've been thinking about @50Wife 's middle finger gun gif and that might be my favorite gif of all time.  
  • @jrm_14 Thank you, that is very well-phrased. I really appreciate your help!
    @CraftyG You're right, I do see in her email that she's trying to be optimistic for me, and I do appreciate that and want to acknowledge that in my reply. I know there was absolutely zero intent of being hurtful. Intent does not always equal impact though, as I always tell my students.
    @SkilledSailor @mrs_drc_rn @galactickates Thank you for the support!