December 2017 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-In (EDD 12/24-12/31) - Week of 11/27/17

MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 Moms
Hi, fellow end-of-monthers!

What's your EDD? 

This week we can finally say, "Four weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: Have you begun holiday prep (or already finished)? How is it going?
Me: 29 || DH: 29
TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020

Re: Due Date Check-In (EDD 12/24-12/31) - Week of 11/27/17

• Options
    What's your EDD?
    12/30

This week we can finally say, "Four weeks left!" How are you feeling about that?
    Each week I get a little more freaked out. The fact that I think baby has dropped at least partially plus losing a little bit of my mucus plug has me going, "Holy s***, I guess she could be born in December." (I do know the mucus plug can regenerate [and the amount I lost was tiny] and that it's normal for baby to start getting into position at this time, but for some reason I just didn't expect any of these things to happen until way later.) It's a good thing though, because I'd rather be mentally prepared in case she doesn't hold out until January.

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared?
    Nursery--anchoring furniture and hanging stuff. Also, hospital bag, which I was saving until after Thanksgiving in case I wanted to use that bag.

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 
    36 week appointment a week from today--GBS test and a cervix check! I know practices vary on cervix checks, so when my OB told me she'd be checking I kind of freaked. I'm scared of what it's like--I've heard mixed reviews on pain/discomfort levels (yes, I know I'll be pushing out a baby or having a baby surgically removed in a matter of weeks, buuut still).

Rants/Raves? 
    Rant: Holy crap I am so hungry today!
    Rave: It's finally starting to sink in/feel real that I'll have a baby soon!

I just dug out our tree last night. I couldn't bring myself to get out ornaments because just putting the tree up killed my lower back. At least it's pre-lit, so it looks pretty even without the ornaments.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 
    12/26
    It's insane.... one second I'm freaked out, the next I'm so ready for him to be here already!! 
    Carseat install, and hospital bag packing... We did a lot of things around the house this weekend and while it's not perfect we're in a pretty good spot. 
    36 week apt Wednesday with a sonogram. I'd guess that they'd either do GBS swab, or at least mention when they'll do it. They've been watching my BP closely, and it's had some elevated-ish readings while at home so I'll just be curious what it is when i'm in the office and what the Dr. has to say. 
    Rants/Raves? 
    Last week I felt terrible... and this week I feel like I've equilibrated and have 'gotten used' to being this large... I know I wont ever feel like my 'old self' again, but I'm so curious to see how I'm going to feel... Also I'm really motivated to loose some of this weight.. ugh, I just feel so large. 
    DH has gotten more into 'nesting' so it's nice to have some 'help' at least with the mental load. 
    We're Jewish and I dont typically do a lot of decorating so that makes it super easy... Now presents for people... ugh I havent even started thinking about it. I might just *forget* this year... I'm making everyone a baby, can that be enough?
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 12/27

This week we can finally say, "Four weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? I managed some pretty sweet deals over black Friday and cyber Monday so the few items I needed I have or are on their way here. So the baby's future room is still mess/storage room/might be renovated this weekend, but at least I'll have a nursing bra, a swing and some clothes for this wee one!

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? I'm the type of person who REALLY LOVES to make a list. LOVES. I'm also an Erin Condren addict, and I ordered a new notebook and a planner with their early bird 30% black Friday sale as the last page of my notebook was used up with Thanksgiving planning. All that to say, I really want/need to get some lists on paper (hospital bag, housecleaning to-do's, last-minute needs, etc etc etc), BUT my new notebook doesn't come until Friday, and I'm refusing to use another notebook prior to... I'm blaming it on being a persnickety pregosaurus?

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? Ultrasound and GBS test on Wednesday. I'm in the process of switching OBs (I can't remember what threads I've posted about this on), but I decided to keep this last appointment because we're doing an US to see if this baby is secretly huge like my son, and I want to see how it pans out since I'm unsure if the "new" OB will do one with only a few weeks left. 

Rants/Raves? DH has had a cold since Friday and has been a loud snoring mess, as a result my already mediocre sleep has been seriously compromised. Lots of uncomfortable nights or half nights on the couch this last weekend. 

GTKY: Have you begun holiday prep (or already finished)? How is it going? Holiday prep went into full effect over the weekend, much to the amusement and excitement of my kiddos. I'm looking forward to Christmas with them this year, even with the uncertainty of how this baby's arrival may impact it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EDD? 12/24

On a scale of 1-10 I am Dustin from every episode of Stranger Things season 2:

Carseat installation, and freezer meal prep. Everything else at this point is not absolutely necessary but more of a "it would be nice if..."

I just had my GBS today. She didn't do a cervical check because something about not wanting to cause too much discomfort for one day (?) but she could feel baby's head manually/internally without having to go very deep.  She didn't use the word engaged that I recall, but gave the distinct impression that LO's noggin is weighing down my pelvis in a major way. I guess we will see if she does one next week. 

Rants/Raves? 
    Ughhh, DH brought home a cold last week, did his usual man thing where he denies that he's sick at all and therefore takes no precautions re: not infecting me, therefore now I have a cold. We're on day 3 now. Which wouldn't be so bad but the next week at work is the busiest I'll have probably the rest of the year... awesome timing. I'm exhausted and I can't breathe!!

Have you begun holiday prep (or already finished)? How is it going?
    All the decorations are up except the stockings and tree, and all the gifts are purchased (although not wrapped yet). New personal record for sure.  I love Christmas and wanted to be able to enjoy it so I went into crazy Christmas lady mode the nanosecond Thanksgiving ended! Now excuse me while I go nap forever.
  • Options
    sjissjis member
    edited November 2017
    What's your EDD? 

Dec 31. I’m hoping baby will arrive after Christmas but before New Years! 

I echo many of the sentiments here. I waver between ‘I got this’ and totally freaking out! I think I’m still in denial.

I’m feeling pretty prepared with having all our gear, supplies, nursery, and car good to go. I did the last load of baby laundry today. Closed the nursery door and exhaled. Three things I need to do is: 1 - brush up on breastfeeding basics and how long the milk keeps in the fridge, freezer, etc. 2 - to sort out details for DD when I’m in the hospital and 3 - deep clean the house and make sure I’m stocked with TP, detergent, etc.

I had an ultrasound today which went fairly routine. The tech kept mentioning the baby has a big head...like she was warning me about what I’m in for. Great. Have an OB appointment in another week for the gbs test and to go over the birth plan. 

Rants/Raves? 

I feel for all of you that have colds. Our house just got better a week ago. It was miserable with DD, DH, and me being sick for three weeks! Ugh. 

On a positive note, I love that Sprouts market sells half pies! Pumpkin pie for me!!!

the house is all decorated, the tree is up and I’ve got my Xmas smelling candles going. Tomorrow I’m baking apple pie! I’ve got a few gifts left to buy for family & friends and I’m done :)
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 
    12/28

I just desperately want to get to next week. Magic 37. At 37 I can stay home and have the homebirth I so so want. DS came at 35w5 so we had to transfer.

Finish purging DS's toys and get the last of our birth supplies together. And wash my cute newborn fluff.

Next Wednesday at 36w6. I believe we will do the normal checks (no cervical exams) and then celebrate being able to relax.

Rants/Raves? 
    So tired. All I want to do is sleep. And whenever I do that I have anxiety dreams. It sucks.

Absolutely nothing except make a huge mess over the weekend trying to purge DS's toy bins, ugh we have so much crap.
  • Options
    wabash15wabash15 member
    edited November 2017
    What's your EDD? 12/25

This week we can finally say, "Four weeks left!" How are you feeling about that? there is so much non baby related stuff to get done first. I think we are in a reasonable spot for baby but there are so many other things I would like to get done so we can just focus on baby

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? getting our foundation work done and getting the basement reassembled before this kid gets here (this involves redoing the bathroom eek!)

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? I have one on thursday with the MW. I will be getting a GBS done

Rants/Raves? several family members have invited themselves for Christmas at the last minute... what ever but they better not expect me do cater to them and if they fuss about who gets a bedroom and who has to sleep on an air mattress they can shove it. 

GTKY: Have you begun holiday prep (or already finished)? How is it going? we have ~75% of the presents done... we will probably get our tree this weekend (way earlier than we usually do) and try to wrap the rest of the stuff up soon so I don't have to think about it. 

eta
    @MJDsquared I also have to still do the hospital bag... 
    @abcola it took me a long time to adjust to my post partum body. Try to take it easy on yourself. things will go back into place though it will likely be different than pre-partum. 
    @elcd458 hope you feel better soon
    @darkfyre fx that baby stays put for a bit longer yet and you get your home birth!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @abcola I'm feeling the same way with feeling large. I'm kind of worried about the mental/emotional toll my weight will play postpartum.
    @oncape100615 I love that you're refusing to write your to-do list until your new notebook comes in! Haha.
    @elcd458 Nooo I'm so sorry you're sick! I imagine if I got sick at this point I wouldn't be able to leave my bed.
    @sjis You reminded me I should learn a little about breastfeeding too. I even have that online Medela breastfeeding course...I should get on that! And mmm, pie. :)
    @darkfyre FX so hard you make it to magical 37!
    @wabash15 Oh geez, your Christmas guests had better watch themselves! My family is coming over just for the day (or a few hours) on Christmas Eve since I won't be coming to them for Christmas, and even that sounds like a lot to deal with to me.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 
    12/25

Great! Bring it on! It's nice seeing all the birth announcements because all the moms seem happy about the baby cuddles. I am trying to enjoy the last few weeks, but I'm also just ready to meet my little girl. DH and I went out on a date night this past weekend to a trendy area of town, and I wore a dress and high heeled boots. I felt fancy for the first time in awhile. After dinner we went to Jeni's ice cream and then walked through some cute shops. Somehow we found the most expensive baby shop ever - there was a baby shirt dress for $70. HA! 

I feel nearly 100% ready in terms of the material goods. Could use some more burp cloths and a stash of aquaphor baby cream. I feel about 75% mentally/emotionally prepared. Not sure how to boost that....

Tomorrow is my 36 week appointment! Getting the Group B Strep test. I've been taking a probiotic, and just smeared some yogurt on my hoo-hah, so hopefully the test comes back negative. I think I will refuse the cervical exam for now. I'll reconsider closer to my due date, but it seems too early to me to have to obsess over whether or not I'm dilating. No other special tests. They wanted to do an ultrasound to check for gallstones when I had some rib pain a couple weeks ago, but I decided it was probably just stretching pain and I made sure to eat liver/gallbladder friendly stuff, and the pain hasn't worsened or been noticeable lately, so I think I made the right call on that.

Rants/Raves? 
    Rant: I have a cold. Also, I found out today that my office is undergoing a "restructuring" while I'm on maternity leave, and the current director was removed. Not sure what that means for my position. I am trying to keep the faith that my supervisor will advocate for our team and me and that everything will work out fine. I'm sure I could find another job, but I like my current one just fine!
    Rave: I'm 36 weeks pregnant - almost full term! Yippeee!

The house is pretty well prepared. We decorated the great room and put lights outside. Nothing too crazy. Might get some tree trimmings to add a pleasant smell to the entryway. The cat is doing her best to take the ornaments off the tree and bat them around. They are just little cheap ones that we put near the bottom. Dang cat. I think she senses that her time as an only "child" is growing to a close, because she has been SO hyper the past few days, trying to get all the attention. I am happy that xmas music is on the radio and I've been picking out cookie recipes assuming I have the energy to make cutout cookies the week before christmas. I stockpiled baking supplies too. The things we do to keep traditions alive....we are also having my in-laws over Christmas Eve if I havent delivered yet. Should be interesting! I told them all to wear Christmas pajamas.
  • Options
    What's your EDD? 
    Dec 25

Scared, excited.  I’m enjoying how easy it is to get out and about. Not sure if im ready for life to change lol 

Feeling pretty prepared
    have to reinstall car seat (got a new one after my accident) 
    install angel monitor in crib 
    sterilize the pump, bottles, soothers
    find a coming home outfit 

My last appointment was with med students. Since I’ve had a lot of trauma to my body, I learned some things. Learned im measuring 32 cm , my OB isn’t worried apparently. 
    Next appointment I’ll have the results from GBS test. 

Rants/Raves? 

Last week I felt pretty good, this week not so much. 
    Im done work Friday! But my coworkers keep saying “if I make it”. I’m not sure why i won’t. I haven’t even dropped yet. 

some gifts bought. A few parties are being a generic gift so im not sure how to plan as I’m not sure if I’ll Be able to go. Might resort to gift cards. 
    Need to do some wrapping. 
    Im just stressed about traveling, uncomfortable chairs and feelings about my level of socialablensss. 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared It's coming today!!!!!! I might have to post a picture of it in all it's glory LOL
  • Options
    @MJDsquared it's got my name on the cover, and dot grid pages and I'm in love. I realize this is not normal behavior, but let the list making begin!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @oncape100615 Ooooh, it's so pretty!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Oncape100615 you are not over reacting! It is so pretty and grid! I love grid. Did you get new pens or washi tape? Journal love.
  • Options
    LOL @darkfyre I snagged some nice pens from the office supply closet, and the notebook has some label stickers in the back, so I am all geared up!
  • Options

What's your EDD? 

Iszabella due date is the 31 December we are having a c sec due to complications and will be receiving our new date 11 December

Excited and nervous at the same time.

Not prepared at all still got loads to get for her.

Next appointment is on the 11 Dec Thats when we get her birthday. Only concern is the comunicating part between me and doctors.

Rants/Raves? 

Wish my partner was more understanding with everything.. Especially now that his parents and brother have moved in with us.

Blah holiday what is holiday never heard of such a thing....