July 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

• Cold potato soup for breakfast was literally all that sounded good.. Better than the BBQ chips I ate for breakfast yesterday. 

• I had popcorn for dinner.  That's it.  I couldn't handle life last night.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • EVERYTHING. except scrambled eggs. Hork. I have such an appetite. 
  • I’m eating everything I shouldn’t be. But my newest love is queso and chips.

imageimage

• Also, when I do eat, it's allllll the carbs.  
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• Uh I had cereal. I’m so basic. Haha. 
    Lately, I haven’t been able to stomach the idea of much. It’s been lots of soup, pineapple and cool whip, Naked smoothie drinks, and salad. Tonight, we’re going to a Brazilian Steak house and I have to find it in myself to consume my body weight in meat. I feel like I’m going to have a hard time consuming $45 worth of food... The do have AMAZING scalloped potatoes that I’m looking forward to!
  • I wake up absolutely ravenous but nothing sounds good. I had brown sugar pop tarts this morning. 
  • Uh I had cereal. I’m so basic. Haha. 
    Lately, I haven’t been able to stomach the idea of much. It’s been lots of soup, pineapple and cool whip, Naked smoothie drinks, and salad. Tonight, we’re going to a Brazilian Steak house and I have to find it in myself to consume my body weight in meat. I feel like I’m going to have a hard time consuming $45 worth of food... The do have AMAZING scalloped potatoes that I’m looking forward to!
    Why spend money on food you don't want? Just get what sounds good. 
  • Nom to cinnamon toast crunch (of course after my OB told me to lay off sugar yesterday)
  • @theincrediblehulk We’re going for my sisters birthday. 
  • Last night all I wanted was butter gsrlic parmesean noodles. I made them and they tasted horrible. :( This morning, I was starving and stopped at Tim Hortons for a bagel sandwich that I couldnt even taste because of my cold. Boo. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • @theincrediblehulk We’re going for my sisters birthday. 
    That still doesn't mean you have to "eat your weight in meat". Order what sounds good.
  • @busymommy23 Are we the same person. I got out of bed at 9 last night because I NEEDED mac n cheese. I made it and it was gross. So disappointed. Then this morning I could barely taste my pop tarts because of my cold. 
  • I have been trying to still eat somewhat healthy but man-it is a constant struggle.  I had a smoothie and an almond granola bar for breakfast.  Hopefully that's enough to keep my nausea away for a couple hours.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Lol @theincrediblehulk that is funny!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • I had popcorn for dinner.  That's it.  I couldn't handle life last night.
    ME TOO. My husband got some of that delicious cheddar popcorn the boy scouts sell from a coworker, and I basically ate the entire bag for dinner. 
  • All i want right now is garlic cheesebread from a pizza place across from my work and some guac. Lol...talk about a good mix!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • I ate oatmeal for breakfast, like 45 minutes ago. I am currently starving. So tempted to order second breakfast. Ugh. 
  • OMG garlic cheesebread... I know what I'm making for dinner! @busymommy23
  • Lol glad I could help out with that decision @acunamatada
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • I started to make my usual peanut butter toast for breakfast and I was over it so I'm stopping at McDonald's to get oatmeal.

I have had a very distinct craving the last few days for white cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream. The craving is still hanging around so I think I need to make it happen today. 
  • Right now literally nothing sounds good. I had a bagel this morning that I wasn't impressed with. I get hungry but nothing sounds appetizing. 
  • The other thing I have been wanting is fresh veggies and ranch dip! Oh so good!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • I find that I don’t like food I make for myself. But if I go to a restaurant / someone else cooks it and I don’t have to witness it, I can eat pretty much anything. 

I have been CRAVING Chinese all week so DH is picking it up for dinner tonight. Then I am going to ask him to throw everything in the crockpot for chili tomorrow. Definitely can’t brown that meat myself. Vomit. 

So far today I have had a bagel at 6 AM and a turkey sausage flatbread at 9 AM. I had to eat smaller meals, often. It’s really keeping my nausea at bay. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• @busymommy23 guac... on the cheesebread?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • zande2016 said:
    I ate oatmeal for breakfast, like 45 minutes ago. I am currently starving. So tempted to order second breakfast. Ugh. 
    First and second breakfast is my jam entire first tri. It’s survival mode over here. Lol. 

• gspmom21 said:
    @busymommy23 guac... on the cheesebread?!?!
    Hahaha no. Separately for sure! That would be quite the sight though!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • gspmom21 said:
    @busymommy23 guac... on the cheesebread?!?!
    Now that sounds foul. 

• zande2016 said:
    I had popcorn for dinner.  That's it.  I couldn't handle life last night.
    ME TOO. My husband got some of that delicious cheddar popcorn the boy scouts sell from a coworker, and I basically ate the entire bag for dinner. 
    I love mine homemade on the stove with avocado oil, and then sprinkle parm cheese on top.  Yummers.

Today I had chicken breast that I reheated, shredded, and threw in some buffalo sauce, with crackers and some cheese.  Yum.
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• zande2016 said:
    I had popcorn for dinner.  That's it.  I couldn't handle life last night.
    I love mine homemade on the stove with avocado oil, and then sprinkle parm cheese on top.  Yummers.

Today I had chicken breast that I reheated, shredded, and threw in some buffalo sauce, with crackers and some cheese.  Yum.
    Ugh my husband loves making popcorn on the stove, which normally is delicious, but he insists on blasting it full heat and burns the oil, which makes the most disgusting smell. Then he doesn't wash the pot properly, and the next time he makes it, it smells like burnt AND old oil, and every time he makes it, I want to vomit. He's ruined stove top popcorn for me, forever. 

Um, buffalo sauce sounds delicious and now I wish I eat chicken because what else can you possibly put it on. 
  • @amylu914 my biggest craving when I was pregnant with my son was chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  And I am normally a white cake/white icing/rainbow sprinkles kinda girl.  Not a huge chocolate fan.  So it was so weird!

I definitely have to have a first and second breakfast these days, or a snack at least.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I've been eating whatever sounds good and so far this week it has been dark chocolate covered cherries, mint oreos with icecream, whopper from Burger King and the most divine sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle from McDonalds yesterday. Guuh I want another today! Oh and soda, either Coke or Dr. Pepper. I never drink soda but it is the only thing that makes baby happy right now!

• My coworker has Nerds at her desk. Nom
  • vanilla and chocolate pudding... <3
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• I am trying to convince myself that i need to eat lunch but nothing sounds good.  I'm tempted to just see what happens if I don't eat, but I am pretty sure I know how thats gonna turn out... ..man this pregnancy has been so different than my DS.  I ate ALL THE THINGS when I was in first tri with him. 

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • edited November 2017
    So many strawberries... and I would pretty much do anything for someone to bring me a big pitcher of strawberry lemonade iced tea right now... 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Strawberry lemonade tea sounds amazing right now... 
    No real food cravings but man have I been thirsty. I’ve been drinking so much iced tea with lemon. Citrus is super refreshing lately. 
    I had a slice of supreme pizza with salad for dinner last night and I was uncomfortable all night with heartburn. Guess I’m gonna lay low on the greasy foods for a bit. 
  • I got myself all psyched up to eat chick fil a mainly because I was craving their Polynesian sauce. Ive been having trouble with meat, but i figure itll be easier to get down when its fried and covered in sauce.

Opened the bag when I got back to work to find ONE thing of sauce. ONE SAUCE!!!!!!!! Unacceptable.
  • edited November 2017
    Popcorn I can’t get enough And Coke Zero and I’m not a soda fan