Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 11/30

Month/Cycle: 

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Since tomorrow is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTO Thursday 11/30

• @elothair, ugh, sorry about the frustrating cycle! I’m glad you were able to make alternate plans for tonight after the initial ones fell through. What movie are you going to watch?

Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: First RE appointment is this afternoon!

R/R: They’re upgrading the software we use at work today and we’re not going to be able to get very much done. So I’m guessing I’m in for an exciting morning of tidying my desk until I leave early for my appointment!

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: It’s really hard to choose from all the fun holiday things happening! I’ll narrow it down to the first week of December and say that I’m really excited to go see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy’s holiday show next week. We have front row tickets and I think it’s going to be a blast!
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 15/19

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: IVF

R/R: Had a scan yesterday and feeling bummed- I am not responding to IVF meds the way that I was hoping. Really hoping for more follicles on Saturday. Just feelings kind of down

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Since tomorrow is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? Christmas!
  • Month/Cycle: 5/3
    CD: 14
    WAYDTGKU: PNV, Clomid, Green tea, OPK, P-in-V
    R/R: We didn't HIO last night because DH was at school really late. I'm so glad this semester is almost over and he'll be graduating. I'm really tired from him waking me up when he got in, so I'm glad I have first period prep today, to get myself in the zone. 
    CS/Q: None. I'm five days post Clomid and still not turning an OPK. I'm going to be frustrated if this turns into another 65 day anovulatory cycle. 
    GTKY: Winter break!

@elothair what movie are you seeing?
    @Augusta108 good luck at the RE!
    @kiwi2628 I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I'll keep my FX for you this weekend. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @elothair  sorry about the jerky cycle, Thai food sounds like such a good idea though.
    @Augusta108  good luck with your appointment this afternoon! 
    @kiwi2628  I’m sorry that it wasn’t what you were hoping for, fingers crossed for Saturday. Have you got anything nice you’re doing tonight to help like a relaxing bath or a nice dinner planned?

Hi ladies I guess I’m coming over here from the benched/ TTA thread. I was told I could start trying again once I got this period and it’s decided to show up this morning so hi everyone!

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: I think I’m just going to take it slow for this cycle and just HIO to get my toes back in the water.

R/R: Rave: Just got a cup of tea and found that there’s a bake sale going on downstairs so I might have to treat myself. Rant: I’ve been really looking forward to being able to try again but now it’s here I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, I just kept thinking oh it’s fine it’s next week I have time to prepare but AF decided to show up a week early and it all feels so real suddenly.

CS/Q: Nada

GTKY: Since tomorrow is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? 
    Being able to drink mulled wine and baileys without any judgement!
  • @kiwi2628, I’m sorry you’re feeling down after yesterday’s appointment. FX for a lot more follicles on Saturday! 
    @offtoneverland, ooh, I hope you get nice weather for that 15 hour drive! Do your parents live close to Disney?
    @jsnakehole, MH woke me up coming in really late last night too, but he was off playing Magic with his buddies. Apparently it was quite a game.
    @jaylii, a surprise orchestra date sounds really fun and $10 is a great deal for orchestra tickets! What pieces are they performing?
  • @Augusta108 We'll likely just watch something on Netflix. I am not into being with people today so will be avoiding the theatre. Good luck at your RE appointment! Let us know how it goes!
    @kiwi2628 Sorry about the bad news - FX for better results on Saturday.
    @offtoneverland Yes - on my mobile everything works fine and I can see and post pictures but from my laptop nothing works. Super annoying! 15 hours is such a long drive - my parents are about 7.5-8 hours away (maybe 9 in winter if the weather is bad) and even at that length we often go halfway and stop overnight. I hate driving long distances. The things we do to see family!
    @jsnakehole Nothing fancy, probably something on Netflix so I can avoid the theatre and people. FX you turn an OPK soon!
    @jaylii That's so fun, enjoy your date night!
    @CraftyG Easing back into TTC sounds like a good plan - especially given it's here faster than expected. Be good to yourself this month!
    @SkilledSailor What an awesome day you have planned - I am so jealous! Have fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kiwi2628 Sorry to hear that things are frustrating right now with the IVF meds. FX for more follicles Saturday!
    @Augusta108 Good luck at the RE today. Hope you get some good info! Tonight the symphony is performing Anton Bruckner’s Symphony No 4 and there will also be a piano concerto piece which I think will be really nice. 
    @SkilledSailor Enjoy your fun day! I intentionally dressed up a bit more today for work since I'm not going home before the concert. We're going to try out a restaurant that has awesome fried chicken. Not the type of place I'd usually go for, but I have MH in mind for tonight, and I know he's has really wanted to check it out. 
    @elothair Sorry to hear that your cycle has been crazy. I don't know what my body is doing either this cycle. Also, I think it's great that you were able to make plans with a friend after your dinner was cancelled. Have fun!
    @offtoneverland Your Florida trip sounds awesome! What part of FL do your parents live?
    @jsnakehole P-in-V hahaha, thanks for the laugh. I hope you turn an OPK soon. I'm in the same phase of my cycle too, waiting for a blasted + OPK!
    @CraftyG Girl, it's CD 1, go pick out something delicious from that bake sale and enjoy! Sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed. *hugs*

• Sorry I ended up being a p & g yesterday! Things got busy with my students.

@elothair Fx you O soon! An-O cycles are so frustrating.
    @Augusta108 I can't wait to hear your appointment update! Let us all know how it goes. Your concert plans also sound fabulous. I bet that'll be an awesome show!
    @kiwi2628 I'm sorry that you're not responding how you'd hoped. Fx for Saturday!
    @offtoneverland Aren't slow mornings the best? That's me today too. :)
    @jsnakehole I hope you O soon! No experience with clomid here, so I'm no help.
    @jaylii Your surprise date sounds so fun! Enjoy yourself.
    @CraftyG Welcome back! Definitely treat yourself at the bake sale. :)
    @SkilledSailor *hugs* With the letrozole I felt side effects only for the first couple of days, and then my body seemed to adjust to it. Fx your experience with clomid is similar! Do you start taking it today?
    @Stargazer1lily Be super careful on that driveway! Ice is scary. Also, I didn't want to bump up yesterdays thread, but I totally lol'd at the idea of your chickens slipping around.
    --------------------------

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: medicated IUI, plus all the other stuff

R/R: I don't have much going on at work today, so I got to sleep in a bit, which was lovely. MH and I are planning to go the gym tonight, so fx that actually happens. I'm hoping I can also get caught up on grading and such at work today, since I only have one meeting. Trying to avoid ranting for a bit here!

CS/Q: Nothing much to see yet.

My birthday in two days! MH will be making me a yummy dinner and we'll take the day off to relax together. Also just looking forward to winter break. It's one of the best parts about being an academic, especially since my school has a January term. I don't teach then, so I get a month and a half off from teaching. :)
  • @darkstar42 Thanks love. Yes, I start today. I decided to take it with dinner so it'll be a full stomach and I'll hopefully sleep through most side effects. A month and a half break sounds amazing! Will y'all be going anywhere? 

@dukestar5 Tile is the name of the company. They're these little squares (tiles) that you can attach to your keys or whatever and then you link them to an app. So you can find your lost items from your phone OR if you have your keys but can't find your phone you can use the tile to make the app beep. H also has the slim for his wallet. *hugs* Sorry you were having a rough day. I hope yoga helps tonight! 
  • @SkilledSailor Sadly no travel plans because MH goes back to work after New Years. We'll probably just try to do fun stuff around here. I do also have a lot of writing and research work to do, as well as creating a new class from scratch for spring semester. So I'll still be busy! Your plan to sleep through the side effects sounds like a good one. :) I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you'll feel just fine!
    @dukestar5 *hugs* Those emotional days can sneak up on us at any point during all of this. Be kind to yourself and know that we're all right there with you.
  • @dukestar5 Unfortunately, no, haven't heard anything back yet from the OB/GYN. Planning to call tomorrow if I still haven't heard from them. 
  • @darkstar42 What will DH make for your birthday dinner?
    @dukestar5 I think I may have actually gotten a positive OPK this morning so FX my cycle actually may be fingering its crap out. I hope today is a bit better for you - I definitely get the down days as well.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LJMoon6 We have a local place that has the best authentic Thai food, definitely one of my favourite 'ethnic' foods! How did your DH break his wrist? And how did he not know?! I would imagine it must have hurt!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @elothair Truly authentic Thai food is way too spicy for me. But my friend leaves most of the spiciness out when she's cooking for me. DH and I like to mountain bike (him more than me). He went off a jump and ran into a tree lol. He had an xray the day after it happened but no break was detected (which I guess is normal on wrist bones).  He was in a lot of pain the whole summer and finally (after me yelling at him for not taking care of his health) he went back in and found out it was indeed broken.  
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• I’ve logged on 3 separate times to post but then get distracted with the drive by posts and GIF responses...finally have time to post something here, and it’s before 5 pm woohoo!!

@elothair  sorry for the early wake up, that happened to me a couple nights last week.
    @augusta108 hope your appt goes well
    @offtoneverland  I actually love toad trips...will you make any stops along the way?
    @dukestar5  thanks for the recipe, I’ll have to try it!

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV

R/R: I’m at work and have no motivation to finish the project I have that’s due Monday...so I’ll have to work on it over the weekend:( Rave: I’m off work tomorrow!!!

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Since tomorrow is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? Christmas break. My company gives us Christmas Eve thru New Year’s Day off so I’m looking forward to it already! 
  • @elothair FX for your cycle figuring itself out.

@Augusta108 GL at your RE appointment. I have no idea who Big Bad Daddy Voodoo is, but live shows are always awesome.

@kiwi2628 I’m sorry about the down day. FX you get good new on Saturday.

@offtoneverland Do you and YH split the driving time on a long trip? DH loves to drive so he never lets me, but I’m a better passenger than driver so it’s okay with me.

@jsnakehole My DH is also graduating this semester, which is good because he drives me crazy with his complaining about it sometimes.

@jaylii The orchestra sounds fun, but I’ve got to admit I’m probably more interested in the fried chicken place. Lol.

@CraftyG Definitely take it easy and be kind to yourself. Also, I’ve never had mulled wine but now I think I need to.

@skilledsailor Your day sounds amazing! I love the Santa picture idea.

@stargazer1lily I don’t do ice. That sounds terrifying.

@darkstar42 GL getting to the gym tonight. I’m always all about going until I get home from work. Then I get lazy.

@dukestar5 That dressing sounds really good. I’m not particularly religious any more, but I do still love candlelight Christmas Eve services.

@LJMoon6 That’s crazy about YH’s wrist. I hope he’s in less pain now that it’s healing.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I keep getting distracted by the drive bys too and forget to post. It’s like all the crazies came out at once.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, OPKs, CM

R/R: Rant: My mom emailed me earlier to tell me that my brother dropped out of college last spring and has been living off the money they’re giving him for an apartment for the last 3 months. He has an alcohol problem, but won’t get help and I know it’s hard to give tough love but I also hate that my mom emotionally dumps on me. Rave: My new kitchen table came yesterday and it’s awesome.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Since tomorrow is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? I love all things Christmas, and all the decorations and lights make me happy.

• @kobrien827 I didn't want to spend a fortune on the OPKs so I went cheep for my first month.  I had recommendations to use One Step because they're used by the NHS in Britain.  But when I went to order them I ended up getting One Step Urine (by Pregmate).  They still have 5 stars on Amazon so i'm not completely upset. So far nothing to complain about.
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @LJMoon6 I love spicy food so me and Thai get along well! That’s crazy about his wrist - I’m glad he finally went in!
    @nmbrcrnchr1 My office closes for two weeks over the holidays - I love getting automatic time off for Christmas!
    @melbel0824 I’m sorry your mom did that - that’s a tough situation to be in.
    @kobrien827 I have the internet cheapies and while they do seem to work I don’t love them. In a box I always seem to get at least a few that are defective. But they’re super cheap so I don’t worry about using 2-3/day so I don’t miss a surge. I haven’t tried the Yes/no but I feel like that’s a way clearer signal than trying to decipher if the control or test line is darker! What day is your birthday? Did you feel like you got screwed as a child with a birthday that close to Christmas? **TW - kids: My DDs Birthday is December 28 and I always feel bad she gets everything at this time of year and gets lumped in with holidays. We try and keep very distinct boundaries but it definitely blends over a little. End TW**

Pregnancy Ticker

• @elothair
    kid mentioned
    I’ve heard of parents celebrating their child’s half birthday and having a party then instead to avoid that problem.

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @LJMoon6 That sounds like a nice job perk! Hope your H heals quickly! 

@melbel0824 Yikes! Sorry about your brother. I hope your family can come to a solution together. 

@kobrian827 I just use cheap ones from Amazon. I think the word ones are good if you don't get clear positives with the line ones. 

@augusta108 Oh good! I'm so glad you're happy with your first RE appointment. And it's nice they're moving y'all along quickly. 
  • @Augusta108 DH is going to start working at a bike shop next week. He wont get paid but he'll get some valuable experience fixing bikes. At least it's giving him something to do.
    @SkilledSailor Not only are the perks nice but it's actually my dream job. I love it! I feel so blessed to have found it. DH is already feeling much better. I'm so relieved he's finally taking care of himself. 

*TW* TTC history

• @elothair Mine is also Dec 28! My parents/immediate family were amazing and never lumped presents together but other family/friends did. I used to hate it when I was a kid but don't mind too much now. @lalala2004 my parents tried the half birthday party when I was younger. Unfortunately had the same issue of people not being able to come since june 28th is usually around the end of the school year and everyone was on vacation.

I think I am going to go for the cheapie OPKs next month (if needed) since the name brand ones are expensive!!!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @kobrien827 @lalala2004 We've tossed around the half birthday idea but then as said above, everyone is gone for summer. So far most family is good about separating the two and she doesn't seem to mind too much thankfully!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @jaylii Oooh! I hope you and YH enjoyed the orchestra tonight. Sounds like so much fun! My parents live in Fort Myers. It'll be nice to have a warm Christmas!
    @CraftyG Hooray for being off the bench! So glad you get to join me in WTO. :) Sounds like a good idea to take it slow at first. 
    @Augusta108 Thank you! They live about 2.5 hours from Disney. We contemplated stopping by for a day, but decided to save up and do a bigger Disney trip next year, hopefully. I'm so happy to hear your RE appointment went well. It sounds like you found a wonderful office. I'll be thinking of you as your and YH start your tests.
    @SkilledSailor How was your hair appointment? Did you do the silver color again or something different? I hope you can get some better sleep tonight and can find a way to let go of some of the stress and worry. For our road trip last year, we rented an audio book and it kept us occupied most of the way. It's a long drive but is cheaper then flying. Plus, this year we decided to bring our dog with us so it'll be much easier to have her in the car than an airplane!
    @Stargazer1lily I hope you stayed safe today in the ice! Did you have to go anywhere?
    @elothair Last year we drove it all in one stretch overnight. This year we'll probably stop somewhere along the way because we didn't really like driving overnight. We'll play it by ear though and see how we feel.
    @darkstar42 So glad to hear you get to take your birthday off! Happy early birthday! 
    @dukestar5 Did you get any results today through the patient portal? I hope you made it to yoga class for some relaxation today. Hope you're feeling better today.  <3
    @LJMoon6 So sorry to hear about YH's wrist. He must be so bored! Can you find him something to do at home to keep him occupied? Do you think he would like a puzzle or something like that?
    @nmbrcrnchr1 We usually stop by Downtown Disney on the way to my parents house (but that's still like a 12 hour drive). We probably won't stop anywhere except for a hotel along the way! There's not much between here and Florida...South Carolina is so boring (no offense to anyone on here from that state). :) I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow!
    @melbel0824 DH usually does most of the driving, but I've started to get a bit better at driving over the years. It used to make me really sleepy but I've been doing much better! Hopefully we can switch off and on while the other person relaxes/sleeps. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. DH's family has a lot of alcoholism (not DH though, thank goodness!) and it's so hard to deal with. I hope he'll get some help soon.
    Phew! Finally caught up!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland Thank god I didn`t have to go anywhere.
  • Joining in today :)

@augusta108 - Computer down time is both frustrating (cause you can't get any work done) and great (cause you get time to clean, organize, or take a break from work)!! 
    @kiwi2628 - Sorry you didn't get the good news you were hoping for. Hope it goes better tomorrow!
    @jaylii - I hope you enjoyed your "date night" at the orchestra! That sounds like a fun night! 
    @stargazer1lily - Be careful with that ice... yikes! 
    @darkstar42 - Happy early birthday!! Enjoy your day off, how fun! 
    @elothair - I feel bad for people who have birthdays so close to holidays. Mine is the week before Valentine's Day, and though it's not a major holiday, I always seemed to get Valentine's themed birthday presents (think hearts or red/pink) as a kid. I don't have that problem now as an adult, but I really didn't care for it growing up.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, waiting...

R/R: I don't like the idea of taking fish oil, so I got vegan softgels to get my Omega-3 and DHA. I don't get fishy burps, but I do get burps that taste like algae. 

CS/Q: nothing to see here... 

GTKY: Since TODAY!! is December, what are you most looking forward to for the month? We are travelling for Christmas to somewhere a little warmer than home! Very excited!
  • @kimberbeep Hi!  Glad you are joining in today!  For WTO & TWW, there is a new thread every day. Go to today’s for more action!  :)
  • @jrm_14 - I see that now... whoops!  :#