May 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms- 11/27

Re: Weekly Randoms- 11/27

• @sparklingdiamond SO happy for you!!!  Keep the good news coming!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • @heelsidehero - I felt really conflicted when I was pregnant with my 3rd which is why I didn't go ahead and get it done then. I'm glad I didn't because now I am going to have a 4th child which I have always wanted. I do now feel like I am done. I am going to have my tubes tied for sure at my CS this time. I feel a little sad but it is more that this phase of my life will be over. I do feel like 4 is the right amount for my family so my sadness is not related to wishing for one more as it would have been if I had my tubes tied after DS3. 
    As for VBAC, no I am not a good candidate so I will be having a RCS. I have already had 3 CS so VBAC is off the table for me. I think you should weigh your options and decide what you feel most comfortable with.
  • My 2yo slept 7-7!! First time in her life!!! F naps, this is way better.
    Is she still not napping without the paci?
  • My 2yo slept 7-7!! First time in her life!!! F naps, this is way better.
    Is she still not napping without the paci?
    Once she did... and this is I think day 6 without the paci. We had honestly reached a place where her sleep schedule wasn’t working anyway. I just can’t handle staying up as late as she needs to, for her to get tired at bedtime (when she does have a nap) and so far she’s been handling skipping them pretty well. She is a bit of a bear by dinnertime but it’s better than 2x daily battles :/
  • We always planned to have 3. I feel semi slighted because we knocked out 2 in one and I think in my head I always imagined being pregnant 3 times. So although this is our 3rd, we aren't going to do anything drastic yet. DH offered too get his junk snipped once we have this baby, but I'm not ready for that finality. 
    We said 2-4 kids and even though we’ve had 100000 conversations about how maxed out we will be with 3, I’m still having lingering doubts about a 4th. I was kind of hoping for twins this time so we would be 100% sure of being done, lol
  • I want to get one of these for my maternity pics in the spring, but can't decide if I should do floral or solid or just get one of both since they are cheap?  Opinions?

I think you can only see it if you have a Zulily account.

https://www.zulily.com/e/maternity-off-shoulder-maxi-dress-at-2179-267529.html?tid=32982079_zcvp2
  • @suchaglencoco me too on the milk!  I can't get enough and I was not drinking any milk for basically a year prior to getting pregnant with this one.  
  • @sparklingdiamond I think it will depend on your background.  If you're doing outdoor pictures, I think the floral ones might look a little too busy if you have spring flowers in the background, too.  But they're all pretty!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Oh my gosh, I was lurking on June and this looks like so much fun!  Can we do something like this?  I know some of us already know if it's a boy/girl and when we're showing or whatever, and we've already done this a little bit on the spreadsheet, but I think it would be fun anyway.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12720777/just-for-fun-predictions#latest

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 I don't know the sex for three more weeks so this sounds good to me  ;) Although I just changed what sex I think the baby is, so not sure which to go with. 

@suchaglencoco @bwow615 me three on the milk! Our babies are going to have strong bones :smile:

@sparklingdiamond If it were me (and I may copy you and get one of these--so cute!), I would get the burgundy or charcoal. The only floral one I like is the Ivory Floral, but I prefer the solids. But the color you choose should flatter your skin tone/hair/eyes, so whichever color you think works best for you! It's a beautiful dress. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Pearlvirus, the break during the day for naps is great, but I love easy bedtime and sttn. DD1 ditched naps between 18m and 2yrs. DD2 only did recently. There are days she needs it, but bedtime is way better. If I was home with them, I'm sure I'd hold on to the nap longer.

@suchaglencoco this is going to be weird, but I can't get your screen name of if my head. Is it supposed to be words? How is it pronounced?

• nanifrog said:
    @Pearlvirus, the break during the day for naps is great, but I love easy bedtime and sttn. DD1 ditched naps between 18m and 2yrs. DD2 only did recently. There are days she needs it, but bedtime is way better. If I was home with them, I'm sure I'd hold on to the nap longer.

@suchaglencoco this is going to be weird, but I can't get your screen name of if my head. Is it supposed to be words? How is it pronounced?

Such a glen coco.
  • Ah, got it. I'm so embarrassed.
  • nanifrog said:
    Ah, got it. I'm so embarrassed.
    No worries!!! Minor brain misfire 

• @mileswithmyles me too! Like jaw dropped open, but when I thought more of it, I'm not really all that surprised. I am already wondering who the next "big name" will be to fall. 
  • @bwow615 I have someone I think should have already lost their job. I’m sure people can guess who. 

The number of high profile people in the last few months have been astonishing. 
  • @mileswithmylesthis is the scariest thing I’ve ever read in my life. Unrelated to sexual harassment but I figured that’s who you were talking about. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't really understand why people are surprised that men are harassing women. I don't think there's a day that passes that I didn't hear something cringe-worthy from a man. If they keep firing any man who has done this, there won't be any men in entertainment. I wonder how long it'll take before people decide it's not a big deal.

Also, I don't think starting baby boys out in onesies that say 'lady killer' and 'chicks dig me' really helps the matter. We're basically always telling boys it's fine to perceive women that way. If anyone bus those for us, they're going right in textile recycling. Not even donating them.
  • @nanifrog, yeah, it blows my mind people are so surprised at this celebrity or that celebrity. Most of you have never met Mr. X so you have no clue what they're like in person.

I also found it very unsettling for that woman to cry on her tv show when she read the press release about Lauer. Like, he clearly crossed a lot of boundaries, why would you be that upset over him losing his job?  Friend or not, not cool for a man or woman to use their position of power like that. And if I found out a friend or colleague pulled that crap, I'd be furious and be happy they lost their job.
    When I was a teenager myself and several other workers were mercilessly sexually harassed. It was mentally, verbally, and physically abusive. We made multiple complaints and were basically told to find new jobs.
    That kind of stuff happens in tons of different businesses and levels. If they find actual evidence or proof of men or women pulling this crap, I applaud them for firing them.
  • @suchaglencoco @lincbeesmom

@nanifrog I’m not surprised in general. I don’t know why the Matt Lauer one shocked me more than others. I don’t links him, or any of the others, so I don’t really have a reason for why it was more surprising. Plus one for hating those onesies. They suck. 

@suchaglencoco her reaction was totally unsettling. I know he’s her “friend” but how upset she was almost made it seem like she didn’t really agree with him being fired. 
  • @mileswithmyles, yes. I told DH it was like he had died. That's the reaction she gave. I wanted to yell "you think you're upset? Imagine being one of the women he did this too!"
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they tell her this stuff about 3 minutes before putting her on air?  That's a lot to process.  On camera.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Imma just slide in and say....I’ve worked for someone up top at NBC and I’m not surprised. Nothing screams equality around there. 
  • I get that there still be certain celebrities that will be more surprising than others, it's the general shock I don't understand. 
  • I don't know why, but Matt Lauer didn't really shock me. I've always found him a little creepy and a bit of a bully. The whole Ann Curry thing has always bothered me. I remember reading into a lot of the rumors at the time, because it all seemed so shady.
  • @doraleigh35 I had totally forgotten about the Ann Curry situation until she was interviewed yesterday.  
  • @sandbar517 I am running off to check that now....