July 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-in July 22-28 (11/27)

zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
edited November 2017 in July 2018 Moms
Didn't see this posted yet, so here we go! This is a weekly check in for people who are due between July 22nd-28th  (Borrowed from May 2018)

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Due Date Check-in July 22-28 (11/27)

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 6+1 EDD 7/22/18 Baby is the size of a ladybug

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? It's the week before my first appointment, so I am un-patiently waiting for this week to zoom by. I am feeling pretty bloated, semi-sore tatas and sooooo TIRED. Too many rants to list today. 

Any upcoming appointments? 12/6 (hurry up!!!)

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I haven't even started. The nieces and nephews are the only ones that really gets presents. My side of the family does Elfster (www.elfster.com), where we sign up and it randomly draws a person's name for you to buy a gift for. Then that person has to figure out who gave them the gift. My in-laws do the white elephant. They are very vanilla with this. We are announcing our pregnancy during Christmas, so that is our best gift this year. 

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? My husband and I have taken on going to Disneyland on Christmas day. We go to people watch, because getting on a ride is not worth 2 hour wait times. I'm really wishing my dad was still alive because this is his favorite holiday (besides Thanksgiving). I hope to carry on the tradition of olive fingers during dinner to my child because that's what my dad would want. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? Today makes 5 weeks and 3 days. Due July 27. Baby is the size of a chocolate chip!

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Still very bloated, starving and some mild cramping. Still tired but not as tired.

Any upcoming appointments? First appt isn’t until Dec 20

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? Almost done - still a few small things left to get. Best gift is for DD - Teddy Ruxpin.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? I love driving around to see Christmas lights and the seven fish dinner on Christmas Eve!
    Married October 2014. Me 38 DH 34
    MMC 1/21/15 @ 11 weeks
    DD born 1/1/16
    MC 5/17 and 8/17
    BFP 11/18 EDD 7/27/18
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 5 +4, Due July 28th, and I'm the size of a pop rock I think?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Yesterday the symptoms were largely absent, and today I am welcoming them back because I like having them around, mostly to remind myself there is a baby in there! I am flying solo with DS so at like, 6:30 when its  not bedtime yet and I am falling asleep on the couch it is really hard. Anyone have any independent winding down activities I can try while being marginally brain dead? He's not much into sitting at the TV. DS is 2.5. Thanks in advance, lol.

Any upcoming appointments? December 4. Let's get this week done!

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I have not one gift bought. Thank god for amazon. I have all my gifts picked out just have to order them. 

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? We order chinese food on christmas eve and, if my hubs can convince me, watch The Godfather. For me, its fun making our own new traditions. The year before we had DS, we woke up on Christmas and in our house you couldn't even tell thats what day it was. We didn't give gifts, we didn't have a tree, we didn't go anywhere. My family was big into celebrating and getting together so it was weird for me that DH's fam was not into it that much. When DS was born I said we had to get some traditions together and DH has been super supportive of that.
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?  5 + 4, July 26, apple seed :)

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  Feeling great! Minimal symptoms. Still wish my body would stop waking me up at 4:30- 5:30 every morning  :|

Any upcoming appointments? My first appointment isn’t until Dec 13 

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? Not even close. It’s so stressful! My best gift will be my announcement gifts! I’m so excited  :D

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?  My husband loves Christmas “clue games”. Essentially treasure hunts we make to find our Christmas gifts. We’re big kids lol
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 6+1. Due 7/23. Baby is the size of a grain of rice.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Work tires me out. Also back ache and bloating.

Any upcoming appointments? Leaving home in about an hour for my first ultrasound!

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I haven’t really started. Usually it’s just for DH. We go to his parents’ on Christmas Day and they don’t really do gift exchange. I don’t know what to get for DH since his birthday was this month and I already got him everything I could think of.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?  Well we bought a house last year so that was our first time really going all out with the tree and decorating the house. We will do the same this year plus I want to add an ornament to the tree every year relevant to whatever is going on that year. This year I bought an ornament with a pregnant couple and our names and the year on it as well as 2 unique snowflake ornaments to represent our 2 frozen embryos. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited November 2017
    So crazy question. Would it make sense to make this one July 22-31? I don't know how many other people will be due for those last 3 days in July :)
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?
    6+1. Due July 24th. Size of a sweet pea

Just trying to make it through work without getting sick, the nausea started yesterday and has increased today. Also, tired, always tired.

Not until 12/12

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year?
    I haven't even started. I am excited for Christmas, I am just not in the presents mood this year. We have been trying for several years to get our families to only buy for the kids and then play a game together instead of spending all the time with presents but DH's parents aren't having it. So stressful, I told DH he needs to be way more involved with buying presents this year because I am just not feeling it.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you?
    I collect Santa Claus' for inside the house and got a lot of old ones from my Aunt last year. This is the first Christmas in our new house and we just bought lights for it, looking forward to getting those up this weekend and spending Christmas in our house. 
    6+2/July 23/sweet pea
    I feel super uncomfortable. some nausea, some fatigue, a lot of gas, a lot of bloat. 
    beta test tomorrow and first appt Dec. 6th
    My husband bought my son some things. Other than that I have nothing bought. I'll probably get some done this weekend. I think the best gift to my MIL is her first grandchild! (DS is from a previous relationship, she loves him like her own grandson, but this is her first grandbaby.)
    To be totally honest, I do not enjoy Christmas. I am trying to enjoy it as it's my son's favorite holiday, but I have some negative associations with this time of year. I'm getting better than I used to be, and making some great memories to replace bad ones. The one thing I do is I bake a TON of cookies and I take them to local police and fire departments on Christmas day. 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? i am 6 weeks today. Ive read baby is the size of an apple seed or a pea.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  This week is going very slowly. I still have sore bbs and bloating. The worst is thr nausea and indigestion like pressure I have at night. It was so bad yesterday. No vomiting yet but last night was the worst it has been. 

Any upcoming appointments?  I have to go for my last blood work tomorrow morning. They are waiting to schedule my ultrasound until my numbers come back more than 1500. My last draw was last wednesday and they were 501 so crossing my fingers. 

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I havent even started yet. We are always waiting until the last minute but I have been able to get great deals at those times too! I dont know what the best gift will be. To be determined I guess. 

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? we always go to my parents for a breakfast of deer steaks and onions and hashbrowns with eggs. It is absolutely fabulous! We also always spend Christmas eve at my uncles house with my moms side of the family. It is always a good time. I dont think we are announcing until we know the gender so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Yay @Duckie678 we are due date twins! Although you are counting one more day that me and @kg_tx is due the day after us and counting same as me. I must be counting wrong!
  • Had my first appointment yesterday!! 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 5 weeks, 3 days- July 28, size of an Appleseed

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I’m actually feeling pretty good compared to my first pregnancy! A bit tired and craving lemons!

Any upcoming appointments? Next appointment is 12/15 for ultrasound and then an appointment on 1/3 for prenatal visit and MaterniT21 Test

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? Yes! My 18 month old is getting a train table! I think he will be more excited about this little melissa and Doug broom set he’s getting though haha
  • @safire3 haha, you are right! I don't know where I got the +1 from, I am 6 weeks today. I guess I was thinking that it was Wednesday already, sigh. 
  • @safire3 yay for due date twins! I forgot how to count yesterday lol. My app told me I'm 6+2 this morning. 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 6 weeks, July 24, size of a pea

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I feel pretty normal which freaks me out. As much as I do not want to be nauseous and exhausted, I do want to feel pregnant.

Any upcoming appointments? December 12 can't come soon enough

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? I am not finished, but only have two more gifts to buy. I bought my two year old son a very large and realistic toy garbage truck and it is going to blow his mind. I can't wait for him to see it.

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? We started Elf on the Shelf this year which I have mixed feelings about because I can barely remember to move it and my son does not quite get it. I think by next year he will love it though. We also like to cook Mexican food when we host Christmas and I love that tradition.
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby? 5w4d today. Due July 28, baby is,uh, an appleseed I think?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Feeling pretty good. Tired and nauseous. My rant: DH has a weekly boys night and I wasn't feeling great last night but he still went. I wasn't happy with him but then he showed up at 1230am so I really wasn't happy with him. He slept on the couch. Rave: I've seen my chiropractor twice this week and I feel so much better! He's a miracle worker. 

Any upcoming appointments? No Appts for me until January. Wah, wah, 

GTKY: Are you finished with your Christmas shopping yet? What's the best gift you are giving this year? We got a few things for the kids when we went on vacation a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to give our kids their gifts - they get so excited!

Bonus GTKY: What do you do outside of typical Christmas traditions? Or what makes this season special to you? We always spend the night at my parents house Christmas Eve and then spend the whole day Christmas with my husbands family. Now that there are little kids running around both sides, its much busier and loud but SO fun!

6+2, due 7/23/18, baby is the size of a pea

It's certainly been a rough week.  Bloating, cramps, constipation, exhausted, and nausea started yesterday.  Gingerale and crackers for me :(

Not until 12/15, can't wait!

Thanks to Amazon I am already done!  Love one click shopping.  Best gifts I am giving this year are to my brothers and sister...all "you're going to be aunt/uncle" stuff :)

My husband and I always see a show.  Last year it was Blue Man Group and this year was the Tran Siberian Orchestra.  We try to find time to be together with all the Holiday hustle and bustle.
    I'm 6 weeks and a day. I'm due July 24th and right now the baby is the size of a sweet pea. 

Besides the bloating, I'm really enjoying the continuous switch from constipation to diarrhea. No nausea yet so I'm considering myself lucky.  

First ob/gyn appointment is Dec. 12th. Feels like years away right now.

I haven't even started Christmas shopping. I know, horrible right? My husband just bought himself a ridiculous sized TV so I think he's good for the season.

My step-son is 9 and this is his first Christmas not believing in Santa Claus. We're so sad but at least we don't have to put presents under the tree at 3 in the morning.