March 2018 Moms
Options

Meal planning Tuesday (whoops!)

What’s on the menu this week?

GTKY- What is your favorite “emergency meal” or 30 minute, minimal prep meal?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Meal planning Tuesday (whoops!)

• Options
    Chicken with Parmesan cream sauce and rice! Yum yum yum yum yum. 

Coincidentaly that’s what I made last night and since my husband is gone for another two weeks, it’s probably going to be my main meal. 
  • Options
    Monday- lunch: pizza
    dinner: Home made  instant pot Buffalo  Wings with carrots, celery and blue cheese

Tuesday-  Lunch: meatballs 
    Dinner:  marinated skirt steak, with asparagus or broccoli, I haven’t decided yet

Wednesday - lunch: left over instant pot carnitas with peppers and onions
    dinner: chicken drumsticks and either the broccoli or asparagus (whichever I don’t use today), roasted sweet potatoes

Thursday- lunch: whatever leftovers I have remaining or sandwiches
    dinner: TJs bbq brisket, mashed potatoes, roasted baby carrots 

Friday: lunch- sandwiches
    dinner- if I’m feeling ambitious- stir fry chicken and veggies, rice. If I’m lazy (usually what will win) - Annie’s Mac and cheese, Dino nuggets and frozen veggies

GTKY- my go-to quick meal is chicken and vegetable stir fry with white rice. I just slice the chicken breast (which I always have in my freezer) thin, and stir fry with whatever vegetables and aromatics are left from the week. Usually I season with either a bottled sauce or something simple, like soy sauce, black pepper, garlic and shallots
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I made gluten free turkey taco bowls for lunch this week!

Ground turkey meat, jasmine rice, black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and a little bit of sour cream with lime squeezed on top. SOOOO good! :D

• Options
    Leftover taco pasta for lunch today. 
    Dinner: pregnancy brain strikes again. But it will have ground beef in it. 

Wednesday:
    Lunch: pasta and nuggets
    Dinner: Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole

Thursday:
    Lunch: rice and nuggets
    Dinner: Leftovers

Friday:
    Lunch: might go out 
    Dinner: homemade individual pizzas

Saturday/Sunday:
    Lunch: slow cooker French dip sandwiches 
    Dinner: Lasagna 
  • Options
    Tuesday: Veggie Wraps
    Wednesday: One pot chicken fajita pasta (skinnytaste.com)
    Thursday: Slow cooker beef stroganoff with egg noodles
    Friday: Leftovers
    Saturday: Chicken fingers & french fries
    Sunday: Chicken caesar salad
    Monday: Slow cooker turkey chili

My fast meal is tater tot taco bake - it's cooked ground beef, salsa, tater tots, cheddar cheese. Bake in oven. So simple and so delicious.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying how was the chicken fajita pasta from Skinnytaste? I keep seeing her post it on Facebook but it doesn't look appetizing to me. Although I havent found a recipe of hers I don't like. Would love your review!!
  • Options
    @amylonghorn, oh my goodness I absolutely LOVED it. I had made it once before but it was a while ago and I'd forgotten about this recipe. It was sooooo good. I was thankful my toddler said "ew" to his today, and I got his portion as well (haha). It's quite flavourful compared to some of her other recipes (in my opinion). And it was super easy to make! Definitely adding it to my meal rotation to have more regularly.
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying Sold!! I already put together my meal plan for next week, including a couple of other Skinnytaste recipes, but I will definitely try it. I finally did watch the whole recipe video, so between that and your review I think it is definitely a recipe worth trying. Thank you for your feedback!!
  • Options
    @amylonghorn, let me know what you think of it! I love skinny taste. Seriously. I bet more than half of what I make is from her recipes...